The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+8
Hibbz
Galted
superflyweight
JuliusHMarx
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
lostinwales
Pal Joey
12 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 18 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Tue 02 Feb 2021, 1:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

Quickest thread split since December '63. Great work Frankie.

Last edited by Pal Joey on Thu 11 Feb 2021, 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : It never ends, lost... it never ends.)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 18 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Tue 06 Apr 2021, 11:12 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:Just got up to have a w*nk on the balcony and thought I'd get a fist in.  Very disappointed.

I'm shocked - you have a balcony?!

I say balcony, it's really a shoebox taped to the window frame but it's a balcony to us.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 18 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Tue 06 Apr 2021, 11:13 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:Good morning, gentlefolk.

Morning, Rick. How are things with you?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 06 Apr 2021, 11:51 am

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:Just got up to have a w*nk on the balcony and thought I'd get a fist in.  Very disappointed.

I say balcony, it's really a shoebox taped to the window frame but it's a balcony to us.

Does the cat ever venture out there?
Was thinking it would be fun closing the door on it (and pulling faces at it from the safety of being inside) but then I guess you'd have to face the feral consequences afterwards.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 06 Apr 2021, 11:53 am

Galted wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:Good morning, gentlefolk.

Morning, Rick.  How are things with you?

Good mate, cheers, hairy, but good.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 06 Apr 2021, 12:56 pm

So who was Paul Ritter?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 06 Apr 2021, 1:49 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Does the cat ever venture out there?
Was thinking it would be fun closing the door on it (and pulling faces at it from the safety of being inside) but then I guess you'd have to face the feral consequences afterwards.

She does. Quite often she'll exit through the bedroom door and sit staring through the sitting room door until I let her in, even though the bedroom door is still open. I think it's just her way of telling me I'm beneath her.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 06 Apr 2021, 6:13 pm

lostinwales wrote:So who was Paul Ritter?

Looks like it was Tino. He's risen more times than Jesus but has sadly passed on once again.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 06 Apr 2021, 6:39 pm

Galted wrote:

Looks like it was Tino.  He's risen more times than Jesus...

Twice?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 06 Apr 2021, 7:23 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:

Looks like it was Tino.  He's risen more times than Jesus...

Twice?

Affirmative.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 07 Apr 2021, 8:36 am

Probs, Tino, usually is.

Fist.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 07 Apr 2021, 8:37 am

Sicond.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 07 Apr 2021, 8:50 am

Blunt tird on this no-nonsense Wednesday.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 07 Apr 2021, 11:05 am

Not dead. Well not again anyway.

Nearly died on Sunday though. Watched two films in one day which was exhausting. Kong V Godzilla - two monsters smashing each others faces in for no apparent reason. Terrible story line but the special effects made up for it. Then watched a Matthew McConaughey film called Serenity. My god it was sh*t. F*cking miracle I stayed awake. I only did that because I kept waiting for it to turn into a film rather than some w*nky art school sh*te that thinks it was cleverer and more entertaining than it was. C*nts.

McConaughey always plays the same character. He is always Rust from True Detective. Rust was one of the best on screen characters I've seen in years but stop playing him in everything else.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 07 Apr 2021, 11:22 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Not dead. Well not again anyway.

Nearly died on Sunday though. Watched two films in one day which was exhausting. Kong V Godzilla - two monsters smashing each others faces in for no apparent reason. Terrible story line but the special effects made up for it. Then watched a Matthew McConaughey film called Serenity. My god it was sh*t. F*cking miracle I stayed awake. I only did that because I kept waiting for it to turn into a film rather than some w*nky art school sh*te that thinks it was cleverer and more entertaining than it was. C*nts.

McConaughey always plays the same character. He is always Rust from True Detective. Rust was one of the best on screen characters I've seen in years but stop playing him in everything else.

Tino be praised for He hath risen once more!  There is now daylight between him and Jesus.

Watched Goodfellas again for the sole purpose of spotting actors from the Sopranos, having just finished the Sopranos.  What a bloody good film it is.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 07 Apr 2021, 11:23 am

I really enjoyed Godzilla vs Kong, absolutely no need for story or anything making any sense whatsoever when i can watch a film that regresses me back to watching the toho films when I was young, and i can just turn my brain off.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 07 Apr 2021, 11:32 am

Galted wrote: What a bloody good film it is.

Aye, it is a cracker for sure.

riCK - I don't know what a toho film is but I also enjoyed KvG. Any film that has a massive lizard burning a hole through to the Earth's core deserves high praise. It would have earned an extra few decimals on the GSoCE if Godzilla had burned a hole through the face of whoever wrote Serenity.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 07 Apr 2021, 11:34 am

It's like the bloody film thread on here.  

I watched Train to Busan: Peninsula at the weekend.  Can't think of many other sequels to great films which are so poor but which are still watchable.  Back to the Future 3 springs to mind.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 07 Apr 2021, 11:37 am

Didn't even know the sequel to Train to Busan was out, supes.

What platform you watch it on?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 07 Apr 2021, 11:42 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:

An illegal one, clearly.

REPORTED.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 07 Apr 2021, 11:54 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:Didn't even know the sequel to Train to Busan was out, supes.

It was on Amazon Prime - included in the package so didn't have to pay anything extra for it.

It's not a good film at all. Looks like a video game for large parts of it and other than forming inconveniently massive road blocks, the zombies are kind of secondary. It's a shame because there's a scene at the start of the film on a ship which is up to the standards of the first film.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 07 Apr 2021, 11:55 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:

An illegal one, clearly.

REPORTED.

I genuinely thought it said Amazon Prime and not Glamazon Pride.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 07 Apr 2021, 11:58 am

superflyweight wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:

An illegal one, clearly.

REPORTED.

I genuinely thought it said Amazon Prime and not Glamazon Pride.  

Good enough for me.

REPORT WITHDRAWN.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 07 Apr 2021, 12:05 pm

superflyweight wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:Didn't even know the sequel to Train to Busan was out, supes.

It was on Amazon Prime - included in the package so didn't have to pay anything extra for it.  

It's not a good film at all.  Looks like a video game for large parts of it and other than forming inconveniently massive road blocks, the zombies are kind of secondary.  It's a shame because there's a scene at the start of the film on a ship which is up to the standards of the first film.    

Cool, I have that, mainly because the missus orders a sh1tload of unnecessary stuff that for some reason she needs next day.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 07 Apr 2021, 12:22 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

It's not a good film at all.  Looks like a video game for large parts of it and other than forming inconveniently massive road blocks, the zombies are kind of secondary.  It's a shame because there's a scene at the start of the film on a ship which is up to the standards of the first film.    

Cool, I have that, mainly because the missus orders a sh1tload of unnecessary stuff that for some reason she needs next day.

Same.  

The film is fine as a freebie but it's miles off the standard of the first film.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 07 Apr 2021, 12:32 pm

superflyweight wrote:  

The film is fine as a freebie but it's miles off the standard of the first film.

I love zombie films. How in the name of f*ck have I never heard of Train to Busan.

I have Amazon Prime. Is the first film on there?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 07 Apr 2021, 12:45 pm

F**k knows, it's the best Zombie film I have seen made in a long time.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 07 Apr 2021, 12:51 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:F**k knows, it's the best Zombie film I have seen made in a long time.

That should be the tag line on the posters.

I'll try and find it tonight.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 07 Apr 2021, 12:52 pm

Happy to be quoted....

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 07 Apr 2021, 1:00 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:F**k knows, it's the best Zombie film I have seen made in a long time.

That should be the tag line on the posters.

I'll try and find it tonight.

It gets repeated on Film4 a fair bit so might be on All4. Not sure if its on Prime but worth a go.

It's bloody brilliant.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 07 Apr 2021, 1:03 pm

Just checked for you - it's on Prime. £3.49 to rent which is a bargain.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 07 Apr 2021, 1:13 pm

If zombies are your thing you probably want to give Days Gone on the PS a go. Pretty frightening when you encounter a horde of the buggers. They're not officially zombies but there's sod-all difference in my educated opinion.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 07 Apr 2021, 1:53 pm

superflyweight wrote:Just checked for you - it's on Prime.  £3.49 to rent which is a bargain.  

You, Sir, have shot right up my list of favourite posters.

That's my evening sorted out. W*nking furiously can wait till tomorrow.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 07 Apr 2021, 1:56 pm

I'm glad we worked out which platform Train is on.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 07 Apr 2021, 2:03 pm

Galted wrote:If zombies are your thing you probably want to give Days Gone on the PS a go. Pretty frightening when you encounter a horde of the buggers. They're not officially zombies but there's sod-all difference in my educated opinion.

I have had The Last of Us for about 4 years and played all of about 10 minutes worth.

Let me complete that first and then I'll move on to Days Gone. Should only take me another 26 years.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 07 Apr 2021, 2:04 pm

#alive is okay as zombie flicks go. The train to busan sequel has a decent car chase sequence near the end but most of it feels very clichéd, and as for the final scenes they made no sense and you really wish she'd just pulled the trigger.

Talking of terrible films I tried watching American Assassin the other day. Didn't finish it. Really cba.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 07 Apr 2021, 2:04 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I'm glad we worked out which platform Train is on.

Solid work.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 07 Apr 2021, 2:21 pm

lostinwales wrote:#alive is okay as zombie flicks go.

Yep, I've seen that one. Was decent.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 07 Apr 2021, 2:26 pm

On today's theme of posting about films that most people aren't interested in, I recently watched all three reunion movies for The Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman. Could have been worse - at least they put some thought and effort into them.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 07 Apr 2021, 2:43 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:On today's theme of posting about films that most people aren't interested in, I recently watched all three reunion movies for The Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman. Could have been worse - at least they put some thought and effort into them.

For the sake of f*ck, Jules.

There is a whole section on the site to discuss films.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 07 Apr 2021, 2:45 pm

Galted wrote:If zombies are your thing you probably want to give Days Gone on the PS a go. Pretty frightening when you encounter a horde of the buggers. They're not officially zombies but there's sod-all difference in my educated opinion.

I have had The Last of Us for about 4 years and played all of about 10 minutes worth.

Let me complete that first and then I'll move on to Days Gone. Should only take me another 26 years.

Haven't played it but, from what I understand, it's as much a film as a game.

Have a look at the Days Gone sawmill horde on Youtube, sh*t me up something terrible.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 07 Apr 2021, 2:47 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:On today's theme of posting about films that most people aren't interested in, I recently watched all three reunion movies for The Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman. Could have been worse - at least they put some thought and effort into them.

For the sake of f*ck, Jules.

There is a whole section on the site to discuss films.

You c*nt. Made me chuckle out loud in the doctors' waiting room. Tried to turn it into a cough but sounded like a tractor missing its gear.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 07 Apr 2021, 2:52 pm

Galted wrote:

Have a look at the Days Gone sawmill horde on Youtube, sh*t me up something terrible.

Just googled it. Looked very much like opening time at The View. Only the zombies are slightly better looking than the girls.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 07 Apr 2021, 3:17 pm

Galted wrote:

Just googled it. Looked very much like opening time at The View. Only the zombies are slightly better looking than the girls.

Another out loud moment but luckily I'm at home now.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 07 Apr 2021, 3:21 pm

It's getting hard to keep track of all the wordplay.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 07 Apr 2021, 6:55 pm

Galted wrote:

It's getting hard to keep track of all the wordplay.

Well I thought I was being clever. Must be getting ideas above my station.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 07 Apr 2021, 7:00 pm

Apologies for missing the good work, Galted. I think we all must have gone off the rails for a while.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 07 Apr 2021, 9:13 pm

Cheers, Julius. Was thinking there's no point but this is a signal for me to keep trying.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 08 Apr 2021, 12:23 am

Well that was a bloody good film. Well worth the £3.49 even to a Man of the North.

Relentlessly good. Some cracking scenes. Particularly enjoyed the bit at the end with the infected piling up on top of each other whilst being dragged along by the train. Wanted the hero dad to survive but kind of realised he wouldn't given the mortality rate of the other characters.

Might watch the sequel tomorrow night. Or tonight now.

Fist. My first ever.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 08 Apr 2021, 8:10 am

Sicond.

You'll never get Jeff back with such outrageous profligacy.

Been watching Prisoners as it's Galtova's chance to choose our evening entertainment after being subjected to the mafia for the last 3 months.  About an hour and a half in and so far it's been cripplingly tedious, saved only by a Hugh Jackson performance so over the top that Nicholas Cage would've been embarrassed.  Will watch the end tonight if I can stay awake.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 08 Apr 2021, 8:33 am

Long overdue tird.

Thought you'd like Train to Busan, Tina. Glad you enjoyed it and didn't waste your £3.49.

Started watching Prisoners once a few years ago but the resemblance between one of the little girls and my oldest daughter was uncanny and it made it unwatchable so we gave up after 15 minutes. Never gone back to it.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next