The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+15
westisbest
Duty281
JAS
Galted
superflyweight
I'm never wrong
JuliusHMarx
lostinwales
Davie
dynamark
McLaren
Soul Requiem
pedro
beninho
super_realist
19 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue 17 Aug - 1:21

First topic message reminder :

beninho wrote:Should we be there?

Well if you dont mind whats happening now and support sharia law then I guess not.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Wed 1 Sep - 4:19

I wouldn't describe Biden as an awful president though. But, im probably not as riled up by Afghanistan as a lot of people.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Wed 1 Sep - 6:02

beninho wrote:I wouldn't describe Biden as an awful president though.  But, im probably not as riled up by Afghanistan as a lot of people.

If this had been Blair or Trump you probably would put your synthetic outrage glasses on.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 1 Sep - 6:06

I didnt say anything when Trump pulled most of the troops out, I didn't say anything when Trump negotiated and made the deal with the Taliban to withdraw by March or May, I didn't say anything when Biden extended the date, and said when they woukd be out.

I dont have strong views on Afghanistan, apart from its already impacting my job!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 1 Sep - 16:22

You havent said anything becauae Biden is seen as left (even though he isnt) but you have a history of moaning about things like this if perpetrated by the right and have admitted freely before youll criticise anything the right do whilst ignoring the left

You've also admitted you habe no interest in Afghanistan, bit when has not having an interest in something stopped you before

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 1 Sep - 17:37

I'm not really sure what there is to say on Afghanistan. The full withdrawal of troops has not been handled well, but in my view, I think it was the correct decision by both Trump and Biden to get them out. In fact, they should have been pulled by Obama after Bin Laden was killed.

But, im not riled up by the whole issue. I don't think it makes Biden a bad president, and I don't think it alone made Trump a bad president after he negotiated and set the wheels in motion.

It also doesn't look like the UK handled it well either, but I don't think the handling of it, doesn't make Johnson a bad Prime Minister.

France starting pulling people out in May, and were well ahead of the game, but I'm not sure if that alone makes Macron a good president.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 1 Sep - 18:17

beninho wrote:I'm not really sure what there is to say on Afghanistan. The full withdrawal of troops has not been handled well, but in my view,  I think it was the correct decision by both Trump and Biden to get them out. In fact, they should have been pulled by Obama after Bin Laden was killed.  

But, im not riled up by the whole issue. I don't think it makes Biden a bad president, and I don't think it alone made Trump a bad president after he negotiated and set the wheels in motion.

It also doesn't look like the UK handled it well either, but I don't think the handling of it, doesn't make Johnson a bad Prime Minister.

France starting pulling people out in May, and were well ahead of the game, but I'm not sure if that alone makes Macron a good president.

Very measured of you Beninho. When did you stop seeing things in black and white?

I dont think Biden is a bad President just because of this.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 1 Sep - 18:45

Of course what nobody is mentioning re Afghanistan is what deals have been done over the continuity of opium supply. Not saying there wasn’t another reason for being there, like hunting down global terrorist perpetrators but the primary reason the west has ANY interest in a despotic backwater like Afghanistan is it’s insatiable need to secure the supply of opium, both for pharmaceutical reasons and the illegal drug trade.
Let’s be honest, if the west really wanted to assert control over an undesirable regime it could Napalm the poppy fields. Obviously that would cause utter carnage as the Afghan economy is pretty much dependent on the opium trade. That in a nutshell is why it may look like we’ve made a humiliating retreat but in reality I’d hazard a guess there will have been deals done to ensure continuity of supply.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 1 Sep - 18:54

Why not just grow our own Jas? Its not a champagne producing  grape and opium poppies grow perfectly well here.
Dont think we would or could trust the Taliban to produce medical grade opium. Havent we got higher clinical standards?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 1 Sep - 23:30

Much as I loathe Piers Morgan, good to see the complaints about his comments about Princess Idiot have been rejected.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 2 Sep - 1:53

Super

Come on, you don't loathe Piers Morgan. I have never seen you deviate from his position on a subject.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 2 Sep - 2:01

McLaren wrote:Super

Come on, you don't loathe Piers Morgan. I have never seen you deviate from his position on a subject.

You do knkw he's a Jesus freak right?
He has a lot of positions i dont agree on, some i do however like US gun ownership.

What should never have been an issue is that he should have absolutely never had to apologise for saying he didnt believe the ghastly human being Meghan though in that insipid Oprah "interview"

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 2 Sep - 2:08

Make sure you are keen eyed when you hit it wide. Replacing balls might get difficult.

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 2 Sep - 2:36

McLaren wrote:Make sure you are keen eyed when you hit it wide. Replacing balls might get difficult.

I'll file that next to the tabloid sensationalism of shortages on courgettes and pigs in blankets.

Got 4 dozen spare balls anyway.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 2 Sep - 3:00

Super

When you call Megan a ghastly human being it doesn't leave a lot of room for you to accurately describe properly terrible people like Trump or Piers Morgan.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 2 Sep - 3:06

McLaren wrote:Super

When you call Megan a ghastly human being it doesn't leave a lot of room for you to accurately describe properly terrible people like Trump or Piers Morgan.

Or even Joe "Nikki Lauda" Biden

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 2 Sep - 3:08

But Joe Biden isn't a terrible person. You might think he is incompetent but his policies are admirable.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 2 Sep - 3:42

He's been accused of sexual misconduct so going by your previous posts it means he is therefore guilty in your eyes. Surely then he's a very despicable person?

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 2 Sep - 4:30

Soul Requiem wrote:He's been accused of sexual misconduct...

Hasn't everybody?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 2 Sep - 4:42

Wetherspoons running low on beer, oh well nevermind.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 2 Sep - 4:57

beninho wrote:Wetherspoons running low on beer, oh well nevermind.

Who'd go there anyway? Worse than Nando's

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 2 Sep - 5:22

So the Taliban are a bunch of loonies with religious ideology, and we then expected the Americans to sort it out, but this is a country where a massive state has just implemented a shocking abortion law. America really isn't all that great.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 2 Sep - 5:26

beninho wrote:So the Taliban are a bunch of loonies with religious ideology, and we then expected the Americans to sort it out, but this is a country where a massive state has just implemented a shocking abortion law. America really isn't all that great.

Nobody is claiming they could sort it out, just not abandon the country to the murderous whim of savages.
To add insult to injury Biden is claiming the 20 years as an "extraordinary success", clearly for the Taliban it is.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 2 Sep - 5:52

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:So the Taliban are a bunch of loonies with religious ideology, and we then expected the Americans to sort it out, but this is a country where a massive state has just implemented a shocking abortion law. America really isn't all that great.

Nobody is claiming they could sort it out, just not abandon the country to the murderous whim of savages.
To add insult to injury Biden is claiming the 20 years as an "extraordinary success", clearly for the Taliban it is.

My main issue isn't really Afghanistan its the backwards abortion policy in Texas. I'm all in on invading Texas for Human Rights violations

beninho

pedro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 2 Sep - 7:09

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

My main issue isn't really Afghanistan its the backwards abortion policy in Texas. I'm all in on invading Texas for Human Rights violations

Thats what you get in a federal set up isnt it?

I think youd have more luck invading the European states where its illegal

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 2 Sep - 16:54

https://twitter.com/lisanandy/status/1433173220937580545?s=19

Raab, he really isn't very good.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 2 Sep - 17:44

Lisa Nandy probably shouldnt throw stones.
Just tje other day she was having a go in Parliament about how many times the government  had raised Afgahanistan prior to everything kicking off last month and then it was revealed she hadnt mentioned it once.

Politicians playing tit for tat just reveals they dont have their own idea.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 2 Sep - 17:56

Realist, you can watch those clips of Raab, and then comment on Lisa Nandy. OK then.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 2 Sep - 18:00

beninho wrote:Realist, you can watch those clips of Raab,  and then comment on Lisa Nandy. OK then.

I agree Raab is useless as js Williamson, but its pot, kettle, black stuff for Nandy to be the one making the claim.

At the same time, i dont think Raab being on holiday would have made a blind bit of difference given that Afghan ministers were busy instagramming themselves stuffing helicopters full of money and escaping.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 2 Sep - 18:05

beninho wrote:Realist, you can watch those clips of Raab,  and then comment on Lisa Nandy. OK then.

I didn't think you cared about Afghanistan?

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 2 Sep - 18:08

Soul Requiem wrote:

I've said it doesn't rile me up like it does others. But this isn't necessarily about Afghanistan. Can you watch those clips of Raab and think he's the man, well on top of his job. The guy is awful.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 2 Sep - 18:09

Legacy of Trump, with the Supreme Court finding no issues with the Texas abortion law. Just awful.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 2 Sep - 18:10

beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:

I've said it doesn't rile me up like it does others. But this isn't necessarily about Afghanistan. Can you watch those clips of Raab and think he's the man, well on top of his job. The guy is awful.

So you care when it means you can have a moan? Politicising the lives of people you don't care about is low even for you.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 2 Sep - 18:13

Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:

So you care when it means you can have a moan? Politicising the lives of people you don't care about is low even for you.

I think i shoukd care about the people running the country. Pretty badly as it goes.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 2 Sep - 18:20

I will tell you one for I do care about with the Afghanistan issue. The complete lack of guidance and support put in place by the government for the peopke who have left Afghanistan and are making applications to local homeless units.

Really think something shoukd have been put in place, and assistance provided.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 2 Sep - 18:25

beninho wrote:I will tell you one for I do care about with the Afghanistan issue. The complete lack of guidance and support put in place by the government for the peopke who have left Afghanistan and are making applications to local homeless units.  

Ben, if they werent prepared for the evacuation, dont you think its a bit of a stretch for their housing to be sorted?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 2 Sep - 18:27

Soul Requiem wrote:

He doesnt, he obly cares when he can see an angle to blame the right. If  the left mess up he brushes it under the carpet.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 2 Sep - 18:30

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:I will tell you one for I do care about with the Afghanistan issue. The complete lack of guidance and support put in place by the government for the peopke who have left Afghanistan and are making applications to local homeless units.  

Ben, if they werent prepared for the evacuation, dont you think its a bit of a stretch for their housing to be sorted?

Nope, housing doesn't need to be sorted, but funding for councils and guidance shoukd be provided. Pretty standard really.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 2 Sep - 18:43

It's funny, because people said they thought I looked at things in black and white which is obviously wrong. People don't seem to be able to disti Huish things very well here.

On Afghanistan it doesn't rile me up as much as others, I've said that. I've also said that it has been badly handled by Biden and tge Americans, but also I can see why they wanted to leave. Its really not a hard view to have.

But if I think its been badly handled by America, it comes to pass that it doesn't seem like it has been well handled by tge UK either, and that irregardless of Afghanistan Raab is a terrible minister.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 2 Sep - 18:53

beninho wrote:It's funny, because people said they thought I looked at things in black and white which is obviously wrong.  People don't seem to be able to disti Huish things very well here.

On Afghanistan it doesn't rile me up as much as others, I've said that. I've also said that it has been badly handled by Biden and tge Americans, but also I can see why they wanted to leave. Its really not a hard view to have.

But if I think its been badly handled by America, it comes to pass that it doesn't seem like it has been well handled by tge UK either, and that irregardless of Afghanistan Raab is a terrible minister.

No one has claimed its been handled well by the UK, quite the contrary. The point was that Biden is receiving less criticism than if this was a (more) right wing President.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 2 Sep - 18:54

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Nope, housing doesn't need to be sorted, but funding for councils and guidance shoukd be provided. Pretty standard really.

If they cant handle the evacuation in time i think its absurd for you to expect funding to have been put in place in time

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 2 Sep - 19:03

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:It's funny, because people said they thought I looked at things in black and white which is obviously wrong.  People don't seem to be able to disti Huish things very well here.

No one has claimed its been handled well by the UK, quite the contrary. The point was that Biden is receiving less criticism than if this was a (more) right wing President.

So, your argument is just based on a parallel universe. And Biden seems to be getting pelters left right and centre.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 2 Sep - 19:05

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

If they cant handle the evacuation in time i think its absurd for you to expect funding to have been put in place in time

So what about guidance for when they Afghan nationals with status leave quarantine hotels? Or any talk of plans for funding assistance. You think a sign of a good government is to ignore the sectors that will be heavily impacted?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 2 Sep - 19:21

I have no idea Beninho, i just think its totally absurd to expect that to have been considered and be in place when the evacuation was so poorly planned.
Funny how youre only interested now that it is affecting how you go about your business.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 2 Sep - 19:25

It was always going to impact my job, I just sort if hoped sone forward thinking woukd have been in place by the government l, considering they were fully aware what tge deadlines and time scales were. Never be hopeful with this government it seems.

I guess the question is, did you think that Afghans with links to the UK would come to the country when the troops were withdrawn?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 2 Sep - 21:09

beninho wrote:It was always going to impact my job, I just sort if hoped sone forward thinking woukd have been in place by the government l, considering they were fully aware what tge deadlines and time scales were. Never be hopeful with this government it seems.

I guess the question is, did you think that Afghans with links to the UK would come to the country when the troops were withdrawn?

Thats your own unrealistic expectation though. If the preparation for the evacuation isnt in place, why would any subsidiary planning be in place?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 2 Sep - 22:09

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/02/prince-harry-blames-mass-misinformation-covid-vaccine-hesitancy

Harry gets it. They are good people.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 2 Sep - 22:34

super_realist wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:

He doesnt, he obly cares when he can see an angle to blame the right. If  the left mess up he brushes it under the carpet.

So...about that Pot and kettle you mentioned a few posts ago...just saying

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 3 Sep - 1:18

JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:

So...about that Pot and kettle you mentioned a few posts ago...just saying

Im critical of both.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 3 Sep - 1:19

McLaren wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/02/prince-harry-blames-mass-misinformation-covid-vaccine-hesitancy

Harry gets it. They are good people.

On the wind up again Mac? They're a pair of c****

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 3 Sep - 7:54

Good to see the Hungarian team get stuffed. What a horrible bunch of fans from a country with a horrible leader. Mate of boris though.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next