The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS NORTHAMPTONSHIRE COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP DIVISION 2

5 posters

Go down

SURREY VS NORTHAMPTONSHIRE COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP DIVISION 2  Empty SURREY VS NORTHAMPTONSHIRE COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP DIVISION 2

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 04 Sep 2021, 6:07 pm

Surrey have named a squad of 15 to take on Northamptonshire in Northampton, starting at 10:30am on Sunday 5th September. Erm
Hashim Amla will captain the team. The 15 selected are all of the fit & available players currently at the Club, with England duties & injuries ruling out a number of players.
Sam Curran will remain with the England Test team for their ongoing series with India. mad
Ben Foakes and Nicholas Kimber are both on a return to playing programme set by the Club’s medical and sports science team while Jamie Overton is recovering from a back issue. Ben Geddes is self-isolating and Nico Reifer is ill.
After consultation with the ECB medical team, England white ball contracted player Tom Curran will miss the LV= County Championship game at Northamptonshire in order to aid his recovery from a knee injury that he has been managing for a period of time.
England management have confirmed that Jason Roy will be unavailable for the rest of the LV= County Championship campaign. Roy will be given time to work on his white-ball skills and fitness ahead of the winter programme, which includes the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup in the UAE. Rolling Eyes
Full Squad:
Hashim Amla (c)
Gus Atkinson
Jordan Clark
Rikki Clarke
Matt Dunn
Laurie Evans
Will Jacks
Conor McKerr
Daniel Moriarty
Ryan Patel
Jamie Smith (wk)
Cameron Steel
James Taylor
Reece Topley
Amar Virdi
Wonder if we will ever see Jason Roy play red ball cricket for us ever again, The decision not to release Sam for this game is madness he wont play in the next test so drink duties is doing him no favours.
Have to say the Ben Foakes situation is starting to get very worrying, something is Clearly not right Headscratch
Hard to call the four to miss out so maybe Atkinson, Dunn, Moriarty and Taylor
Over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS NORTHAMPTONSHIRE COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP DIVISION 2  Empty Re: SURREY VS NORTHAMPTONSHIRE COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP DIVISION 2

Post by guildfordbat Sun 05 Sep 2021, 11:13 am

Cheers as always, JimBob.

Sorry not to reply in time. A day at the Test and a curry in Vauxhall afterwards knocked that on the head last night! Smile

Thought you had called the team correctly but I see Atkinson gets the nod over McKerr. Thought we could have done with the pace of McKerr or Dunn - the seam attack appears a bit samey.

I share your frustration about Roy and concern over Foakes.

Meanwhile, a terrible start. Having won the toss and chosen to bat, we are 14/2 off 10. Steel contuing his poor form with the bat out for a duck. Same nil score for Amla.

guildfordbat

jimbobgooner likes this post

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS NORTHAMPTONSHIRE COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP DIVISION 2  Empty Re: SURREY VS NORTHAMPTONSHIRE COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP DIVISION 2

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 05 Sep 2021, 1:18 pm

61 for 4 at lunch annoying losing Patel in the last over before lunch after being 15 for 3

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 05 Sep 2021, 2:39 pm

50 for Smith clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 05 Sep 2021, 3:13 pm

50 for Jacks clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 05 Sep 2021, 3:28 pm

180 for 4 at tea a excellent session clap clap
Don't want to jinx it but Smith will be playing for England within the next 12 months or I'll eat my Brown cap.

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 05 Sep 2021, 3:58 pm

1st batting point clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 05 Sep 2021, 4:04 pm

brain dead moment from Jacks picard

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 05 Sep 2021, 4:06 pm

100 for Smith clap clap clap Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 05 Sep 2021, 4:38 pm

3 wkts lost after tea so far Doh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 05 Sep 2021, 4:52 pm

make that 4 steam

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 05 Sep 2021, 5:00 pm

Good work by Smith and Jacks...the rest, less so
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 05 Sep 2021, 5:05 pm

2nd and final batting point clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 05 Sep 2021, 5:07 pm

Virdi to the crease

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 05 Sep 2021, 5:14 pm

Smith last out for a excellent 123 clap clap clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sun 05 Sep 2021, 5:52 pm

Jamie Smith is an excellent talent. I’m jumping on the bandwagon!

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 05 Sep 2021, 6:04 pm

JDizzle wrote:Jamie Smith is an excellent talent. I’m jumping on the bandwagon!

He is and it has already started but you are welcome to jump on board. There should be a seat for you behind Pal Joey if he's been following today's score. Smile

guildfordbat

Pal Joey and JDizzle like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 05 Sep 2021, 6:10 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:2nd and final batting point clap

Didn't see any of today's play and so will wait until late tomorrow to properly judge it. However, it's hard to imagine 250 all out being any better than ok.

Certainly would have been in a hole without Smith.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 05 Sep 2021, 8:13 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:
Have to say the Ben Foakes situation is starting to get very worrying, something is Clearly not right  Headscratch

Foakes playing for the seconds in their match away to Gloucs starting tomorrow. Seems like he's being eased back gently.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 06 Sep 2021, 1:41 pm

https://twitter.com/k_andrewsphotos/status/1434858033797029891?s=21

Excellently village stuff, as one of the umpires is ill so Alec Stewart is doing square leg.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 06 Sep 2021, 2:44 pm

JDizzle wrote:https://twitter.com/k_andrewsphotos/status/1434858033797029891?s=21

Excellently village stuff, as one of the umpires is ill so Alec Stewart is doing square leg.

Stewart loves getting involved and getting his hands dirty. When a seconds game was being played at the Guildford ground a couple of years or so ago, our Director of Cricket spent about five minutes trying to find the ball in some undergrowth.

guildfordbat

JDizzle likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 06 Sep 2021, 3:13 pm

Northants 171 all out.

Wickets shared around. A handy 81 run lead.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 07 Sep 2021, 1:36 pm

169/9 at lunch, Atkinson and Virdi doing excellently to bat out the extra half-hour and bring Northants' openers out to field once more before they have to dash off and pad up.

A lead of 250 now. Just a couple more runs and Northants will need to make the highest innings score of the match in the fourth dig.

All coming together, eh Olly! Very Happy

guildfordbat

Good Golly I'm Olly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 07 Sep 2021, 1:57 pm

guildfordbat wrote:169/9 at lunch, Atkinson and Virdi doing excellently to bat out the extra half-hour and bring Northants' openers out to field once more before they have to dash off and pad up.

A lead of 250 now. Just a couple more runs and Northants will need to make the highest innings score of the match in the fourth dig.

All coming together, eh Olly! Very Happy

Highest score in the 4th dig, and Atkinson/Virdi saw it through to lunch so the openers didn't get a full break to prepare. My Guildfordbat bingo card is complete heart
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Tue 07 Sep 2021, 6:04 pm

Apart from Clarke, utter dross bowled by Surrey in the final session on a very helpful pitch, some arses need a massive kick going into the final day of this game

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 07 Sep 2021, 7:36 pm

thegooch7 wrote:Apart from Clarke, utter dross bowled by Surrey in the final session on a very helpful pitch, some arses need a massive kick going into the final day of this game

Northants 106/2 at the close needing 214 more.

Should still be ours to win but nothing is definite. Hmmm ... feeling anxious, JimBob?

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 08 Sep 2021, 12:54 am

yes time to do a India

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 08 Sep 2021, 9:37 am

I see Stuart Meaker has retired from the game today - what a huge shame injuries took away from his prime, just as he was getting international recognition.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 08 Sep 2021, 1:10 pm

Just the one wicket this morning. Not good.

Northants need 124 more with 7 wickets left. Worrying ....

I would have given Jacks the ball before Steel today. Jacks still hasn't turned his arm in this game. I thought Steel was flattered by his figures in the RL50, got away with some dross early on more than once and then cashed in.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 08 Sep 2021, 1:16 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:I see Stuart Meaker has retired from the game today - what a huge shame injuries took away from his prime, just as he was getting international recognition.

I disn't know that but not surprised sadly. When I was at the Oval Test on Friday, Meaks was nearby with the press and radio boys. I wondered then if that might be his next move.

I echo Olly's thoughts about what might have been. A good guy off the pitch as well by all accounts.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 08 Sep 2021, 2:23 pm

embarrassing from our bowlers mad mad mad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 08 Sep 2021, 2:34 pm

57 needed by Northants with 6 wkts left.

Steel 12-0-63-0. Hmmm.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 08 Sep 2021, 3:00 pm

guildfordbat wrote:57 needed  by Northants with 6 wkts left.

Steel 12-0-63-0. Hmmm.

Baffling he's bowled that many overs, nearly the same amount as Virdi!
Have I missed something with him...he's not actually like any good?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 08 Sep 2021, 3:18 pm

Tea and going to the wire.

33 needed. 4 wickets left but two newish batsmen in.

Haven't looked up the stats but seen too many no balls. Can't afford that.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 08 Sep 2021, 3:37 pm

7 down

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Wed 08 Sep 2021, 4:01 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:57 needed  by Northants with 6 wkts left.

Steel 12-0-63-0. Hmmm.

Baffling he's bowled that many overs, nearly the same amount as Virdi!
Have I missed something with him...he's not actually like any good?

I once watched him captain Durham Uni to defeat vs a Southampton Solent side who had been drinking for 7 hours on the coach ride up. Good enough to hang around the county scene for years though!

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 08 Sep 2021, 4:06 pm

8 down , 2 runs required Erm

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed 08 Sep 2021, 4:07 pm

Well done Northants, chasing 320 against a bunch of pie throwing clowns, and a clueless captain on a 4th day pitch

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 08 Sep 2021, 4:09 pm

5 wkts for Clark clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 08 Sep 2021, 4:11 pm

Should never be losing that game heads must roll steam steam steam

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 08 Sep 2021, 4:16 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Tea and going to the wire.

33 needed. 4 wickets left but two newish batsmen in.

Haven't looked up the stats but seen too many no balls. Can't afford that.
28 no balls and 3 wides have cost us dearly picard

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 08 Sep 2021, 4:21 pm

As stated on here let's hope that's the first and last time Steel plays red ball cricket for us,
How Amla kept him on beggars belief Doh

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 08 Sep 2021, 4:29 pm

on a side note Dernbach has just played his final ever innings in a surrey shirt Sad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 08 Sep 2021, 5:23 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:on a side note Dernbach has just played his final ever innings in a surrey shirt Sad

I'm sure we would have let him go early and put his feet up. Guess he's still hoping to catch the eye of another county.

Some way from being everyone's favourite and I understand that. However, he's put in a lot of hard yards over a long time and I trust things work out for him.

As an aside, I always liked Churchy's comment about Dernbach and his tattoos - ''When interviewing Jade, I never knew whether to talk to him or read him!'' Smile

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down