The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

URC Round 6

+12
geoff999rugby
Maine man
LeinsterFan4life
Brendan
No9
Unclear
Old Man
Welshmushroom
thebandwagonsociety
Pot Hale
RiscaGame
neilthom7
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

URC Round 6 Empty URC Round 6

Post by neilthom7 Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:13 pm

With the Autumn international's behind us it's back to the URC for this weekend before Europe awaits.  Some absolutely belting looking games this weekend as well. Personally looking forward to Leinster v Ulster and the Bulls v Munster games.

Also the first games in South Africa are being played this weekend as well which adds some real spice.

All games on Premier Sports and Supersport as well as below channels.  Kick of times UK/Irish time.

Friday 26th November 2021

Connacht v Ospreys- 7:35pm- S4C, RTE 2

Saturday 27th November 2021

DHL Stormers v Zebre- 1pm- Mediaset
Benetton v Glasgow Warriors- 1pm- Mediaset
Cell C Sharks v Scarlets- 3:30pm- S4C, - GAME CANCELLED
Dragons v Edinburgh- 5:15pm
Vodacom Bulls v Munster- 5:45pm- TG 4- GAME CANCELLED
Leinster v Ulster- 8PM- RTE 2

Sunday 28th November 2021

Emirates Lions v Cardiff- 2PM- BBC 1 Wales- GAME CANCELLED


Last edited by neilthom7 on Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

neilthom7

Posts : 2944
Join date : 2011-10-26
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by RiscaGame Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:20 pm

Judging by the training pics Dragons released yesterday, it would appear that we are going to be pretty strong. Players like Leon Brown and Jamie Roberts are back. I am sure we won't play some of the Welsh internationals who had a heavy workload like Basham, but to see players like those two and Jordan Williams training makes me feel relatively positive for once.

RiscaGame
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 5340
Join date : 2016-01-25

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by Pot Hale Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:58 pm

Connacht v Ospreys could be a cracker if the weather holds up.    Carty seems to be in good form - mentally and physically.  

Munster will have their work cut out - they're going to be missing too many players I think.

Leinster v Ulster should be a humdinger too - both teams hungry to get another win on the board and back into action.   Sexton, Conan, Ryan, Conor O'Brien, Dave Kearney, Rory O'Loughlin, Milne are all definitely out. Gibson-Park being assessed.  If some or all of Furlong, Kelleher, Porter, Healy, VdF, Doris, Henshaw, Ringrose, Lowe and Keenan are held back/unavailable, then it could be a very difficult match for the men in blue.  Will Connors is back training but still being assessed.
Alaalatoa, Abdaladze/Clarkson, E Byrne, Dooley, Cronin, Tracy, Molony, Toner, Baird/Dunne, Ruddock, Penny, Murphy, Deegan, McGrath, McCarthy, R Byrne, H Byrne, Frawley, Henshaw, T O'Brien, Larmour, A Byrne, and J O'Brien should be in the running.

Cardiff might pick up a win against the Lions, and possible Benetton win against Glasgow.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 7655
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 60
Location : North East

thebandwagonsociety likes this post

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by neilthom7 Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:18 pm

Yeah that Ulster v Leinster match could come down to if those internationals get released or not. For Ulster I'd assume O'Toole and Timoney can play since they only came off the bench last weekend, Baloucoune I'm not sure off since he started last weekend.

Iain Henderson is injured as is Will Addison, Cormac Izuchukwu, Jack McGrath, Luke Marshall, Jordi Murphy, Jacob Stockdale and Ben Moxham.

Vermuelen is playing for the Barbarians and does not join Ulster until next week so also won't play.

neilthom7

Posts : 2944
Join date : 2011-10-26
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

thebandwagonsociety likes this post

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by thebandwagonsociety Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:20 pm

Leinster v Ulster should be a good made alright. Test players coming back, probably a match too soon.
For Leinster, the injury list is;

INJURY UPDATE – FURTHER ASSESSMENT REQUIRED:
Will Connors: will return to training this week following a knee injury and will be further assessed during the week
Jamison Gibson-Park: will be further assessed this week for a thigh injury

INJURY UPDATE – UNAVAILABLE FOR SELECTION:
Johnny Sexton: will be unavailable for three to five weeks with a knee and ankle issue
Jack Conan: will be further reviewed this week for a quad injury
James Ryan: has entered the Graduated Return to Play Protocols
Conor O’Brien: will be unavailable for a number of months after a hamstring injury in the Leinster ‘A’ game last week
Dave Kearney: will be unavailable for a few weeks following a back injury sustained in the Leinster ‘A’ game last week

There are no further updates on:
Michael Milne (calf), Rory O’Loughlin (shoulder)

There is a good set of club fixtures coming up now, it will be an interesting selection by the Leocaster brains trust.

thebandwagonsociety

Posts : 2759
Join date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by Welshmushroom Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:08 am

Some big games this weekend. Connacht and Scarlets have to win both of theirs or their seasons could start falling apart.

Scarlets have no chance though. Would imagine Sharks will batter them at home. Peel knows how badly this double header in SA will affect the Scarlets season. Lose both and your Player 7 Won 2 which basically will make it a uphill battle to even make the top 8.

Connacht simply have to win. They have the toughest local pool so for them to make the top 8 they simply will have to win all home games against non pool members. Ospreys look like they have a strong team out against them with a better bench as well. I can see Connacht losing this one. Probably be a one score game but that won't help their cause. After the next 3 derby rounds for them their season could be all but over at that point.

Treviso vs Glasgow should be another good matchup. Hard one to call. Probably give Treviso the edge for home advantage and Glasgows rested/injured list.

Lots of good matchups this weekend though.

Welshmushroom

Posts : 1378
Join date : 2011-08-09

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by Old Man Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:06 am

We had the CEO of the URC in the Supersport studio tonight.

Seems like a decent bloke.

He shared news on the appointment of a new refreeing manager (no name yet) it is being signed as we speak he said. Also spoke about they are working hard on how to connect communication between coaches, referees and media as in the past he mentioned the media spoke a lot about refereeing performances querying decisions but no communication channels being open.

Also said they are working on how to make the tournament more exciting, pulling new fans etc,

Basically it sounds like they are looking at the URC from a holistic point of view.

He seems excited about the inclusion of the SA teams.

Old Man

Posts : 2966
Join date : 2019-08-28

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by Unclear Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:40 am

Good to hear they are working on refereeing as that has to be a foundation for the league. It is too easy for supporters from one country to attack a referee or referees from another and claim bias. This is not a dig at any particular grouping, we all do it. But they have improve the standard of refereeing not just communicating about it.

Unclear

Posts : 210
Join date : 2012-09-20
Location : The sub-tropical South (of England)

thebandwagonsociety likes this post

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by No9 Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:10 am

neilthom7 wrote:...

Also the first games in South Africa are being played this weekend….


Well watching the news now, looks like the games in SA will be canned, as the new C19 variant has meant SA is back on the Red list of non travel.

No9

Posts : 1735
Join date : 2013-09-21
Location : South Wales

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by Brendan Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:32 am

No9 wrote:
neilthom7 wrote:...

Also the first games in South Africa are being played this weekend….


Well watching the news now, looks like the games in SA will be canned, as the new C19 variant has meant SA is back on the Red list of non travel.

All the players are already down there.  It's the European games that are the problem.   Think getting the teams back won't be to bad.

Brendan

Posts : 4238
Join date : 2012-04-09
Location : Cork

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by Guest Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:47 am

Brendan wrote:
No9 wrote:
neilthom7 wrote:...

Also the first games in South Africa are being played this weekend….


Well watching the news now, looks like the games in SA will be canned, as the new C19 variant has meant SA is back on the Red list of non travel.

All the players are already down there.  It's the European games that are the problem.   Think getting the teams back won't be to bad.

Twitter reporting that Cardiff are actively looking for flights back out.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by Guest Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:50 am

They need to be back home by 4am Sunday to avoid a 10 day hotel isolation, apparently.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by No9 Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:35 am

The Oracle wrote:They need to be back home by 4am Sunday to avoid a 10 day hotel isolation, apparently.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/59425255

Weekend games off, and frantic search for flights home for Cardiff and Scarlets…

No9

Posts : 1735
Join date : 2013-09-21
Location : South Wales

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by RiscaGame Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:07 pm

Hope they both manage to get out okay. Not a great situation.

Obviously very early yet, but I wonder how these fixtures will be squeezed in again.

The timing of the tour wasn’t great for both sides anyway. I know Cardiff travelled weaker. Not sure what sort of squad Scarlets took.

RiscaGame
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 5340
Join date : 2016-01-25

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by Old Man Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:13 pm

So what happens to the results now? Is it seen as a forfeit?

Are the log points shared?

Old Man

Posts : 2966
Join date : 2019-08-28

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by Welshmushroom Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:18 pm

I think the matches will be rescheduled probably. That's how cancelled games in the league used to be dealt with usually.

South Africa have a lot of open fixture slots during the 6 Nations for example. Plus not to mention all the knockout rounds of Europe that I can't see the Scarlets or Cardiff being involved in. Granted Munster probably will be so for them they probably would look at the 6 Nations period to reschedule in given they have a strong squad.

Welshmushroom

Posts : 1378
Join date : 2011-08-09

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by RiscaGame Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:24 pm

Munster and Zebre look like they’re doing the same now too.

RiscaGame
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 5340
Join date : 2016-01-25

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by Old Man Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:04 pm

Well that sucks, I was looking forward to the weekend

Old Man

Posts : 2966
Join date : 2019-08-28

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by neilthom7 Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:22 pm

Munsters is now cancelled for sure as well, haven't heard official announcement on Zebre yet but looks like it will be the same.

The South African clubs cannot catch a break right now.

I'd assume these ties would be postponded and be played either during 6 nations or during the later stages of European comps.

neilthom7

Posts : 2944
Join date : 2011-10-26
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by Pot Hale Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:38 pm

Leinster side named. the only surprise inclusion is Furlong starting - Alaalatoa is away playing for Samoa against Barbarians.

J O'Brien; A Byrne, R Henshaw, C Frawley, J Larmour; R Byrne, L McGrath; E Byrne, J Tracy, T Furlong; R Molony, D Toner; D Leavy, S Penny, R Ruddock. Reps: S Cronin, P Dooley, V Abdaladze, M Deegan, W Connors, N McCarthy, H Byrne, T O'Brien.

Strong enough side.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 7655
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 60
Location : North East

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by Welshmushroom Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:04 am

I can see Ulster lineup beating that side.....

Welshmushroom

Posts : 1378
Join date : 2011-08-09

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:06 am

Welshmushroom wrote:I can see Ulster lineup beating that side.....
Not a chance in the RDS imo. That Leinster pack should still have too much.

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 5750
Join date : 2012-03-14
Age : 32
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by thebandwagonsociety Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:06 am

Pot Hale wrote:Leinster side named.  the only surprise inclusion is Furlong starting - Alaalatoa is away playing for Samoa against Barbarians.

J O'Brien; A Byrne, R Henshaw, C Frawley, J Larmour; R Byrne, L McGrath; E Byrne, J Tracy, T Furlong; R Molony, D Toner; D Leavy, S Penny, R Ruddock. Reps: S Cronin, P Dooley, V Abdaladze, M Deegan, W Connors, N McCarthy, H Byrne, T O'Brien.

Strong enough side.

Leinster: Jimmy O'Brien; Adam Byrne, Robbie Henshaw, Ciarán Frawley, Jordan Larmour; Ross Byrne, Luke McGrath (capt); Ed Byrne, James Tracy, Tadhg Furlong, Ross Molony, Devin Toner; Dan Leavy, Scott Penny, Rhys Ruddock

Replacements: Sean Cronin, Peter Dooley, Vakh Abdaladze, Max Deegan, Will Connors, Nick McCarthy, Harry Byrne, Tommy O'Brien

Ulster: Mike Lowry; Craig Gilroy, James Hume, Stuart McCloskey, Ethan McIlroy; Billy Burns, John Cooney;Andrew Warwick, Rob Herring, Marty Moore; Alan O'Connor (capt), Sam Carter; Greg Jones, Nick Timoney, David McCann

Replacements: Tom Stewart, Eric O'Sullivan, Ross Kane, Mick Kearney, Marcus Rea, Nathan Doak, Angus Curtis, Rob Lyttle

thebandwagonsociety

Posts : 2759
Join date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by Maine man Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:28 am

thebandwagonsociety wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:Leinster side named.  the only surprise inclusion is Furlong starting - Alaalatoa is away playing for Samoa against Barbarians.

J O'Brien; A Byrne, R Henshaw, C Frawley, J Larmour; R Byrne, L McGrath; E Byrne, J Tracy, T Furlong; R Molony, D Toner; D Leavy, S Penny, R Ruddock. Reps: S Cronin, P Dooley, V Abdaladze, M Deegan, W Connors, N McCarthy, H Byrne, T O'Brien.

Strong enough side.

Leinster: Jimmy O'Brien; Adam Byrne, Robbie Henshaw, Ciarán Frawley, Jordan Larmour; Ross Byrne, Luke McGrath (capt); Ed Byrne, James Tracy, Tadhg Furlong, Ross Molony, Devin Toner; Dan Leavy, Scott Penny, Rhys Ruddock

Replacements: Sean Cronin, Peter Dooley, Vakh Abdaladze, Max Deegan, Will Connors, Nick McCarthy, Harry Byrne, Tommy O'Brien

Ulster: Mike Lowry; Craig Gilroy, James Hume, Stuart McCloskey, Ethan McIlroy; Billy Burns, John Cooney;Andrew Warwick, Rob Herring, Marty Moore; Alan O'Connor (capt), Sam Carter; Greg Jones, Nick Timoney, David McCann

Replacements: Tom Stewart, Eric O'Sullivan, Ross Kane, Mick Kearney, Marcus Rea, Nathan Doak, Angus Curtis, Rob Lyttle

Bonus point win for Leinster.

Maine man

Posts : 435
Join date : 2016-07-09

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by geoff999rugby Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:06 am

Welshmushroom wrote:I can see Ulster lineup beating that side.....

Furlong at TH and the difference in standard in the backrow will win it for Leinster.

Interesting that Furlong has been allowed to play - Cullen clearly doesn't feel the alternatives he has available are up to it

geoff999rugby

Posts : 5195
Join date : 2012-01-20

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by Guest Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:01 am

Crazy weather in Connacht v Ospreys. Well, perhaps not crazy for Connacht! But crazy for rugby. The wind is making the posts sway and the ball won’t stay on the tee even with a teammate putting a finger on it! Just heard the ref saying: “I know, I’m freezing too” so I think the players are having a bit of a moan!

Connacht the better team by far. Ospreys depleted of their Wales players but still, their defence is shocking.

A word on Owen Watkin. Has he bulked up?! Looking a lot chunkier than normal. Almost George North-esque at 13 in terms of size. He used to be much more slender.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by Pot Hale Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:34 am

geoff999rugby wrote:
Welshmushroom wrote:I can see Ulster lineup beating that side.....

Furlong at TH and the difference in standard in the backrow will win it for Leinster.

Interesting that Furlong has been allowed to play - Cullen clearly doesn't feel the alternatives he has available are up to it

His options for TH are:
Abdaladze - returning from long-term injury, very little game time so on bench.
Clarkson - Returned from injury to training this week
Milne - injured
Alaalatoa - playing for Samoa


Last edited by Pot Hale on Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 7655
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 60
Location : North East

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by Pot Hale Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:39 am

Poor Ospreys defence lets Arnold in for the bonus point try. But with Carty missing 3 of the conversions, this game isn’t over.

25-11.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 7655
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 60
Location : North East

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by Pot Hale Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:45 am

Ospreys defence is matched by the poor Connacht scrum. Try under the posts.

25-18.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 7655
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 60
Location : North East

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by Pot Hale Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:00 am

Pretty dumb by Morgsn putting in a seatbelt tackle on Connacht player going for tryline. Yellow card and a penalty try.

32-18 to Connacht with 30 mins to go.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 7655
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 60
Location : North East

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by neilthom7 Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:13 am

The Oracle wrote:Crazy weather in Connacht v Ospreys. Well, perhaps not crazy for Connacht! But crazy for rugby. The wind is making the posts sway and the ball won’t stay on the tee even with a teammate putting a finger on it! Just heard the ref saying: “I know, I’m freezing too” so I think the players are having a bit of a moan!

Connacht the better team by far. Ospreys depleted of their Wales players but still, their defence is shocking.

A word on Owen Watkin. Has he bulked up?! Looking a lot chunkier than normal. Almost George North-esque at 13 in terms of size. He used to be much more slender.

Got to be a pretty serious supporter to be on the terraces in Galway tonight, looks rough, it's rough here and it's usually 2 or 3 times worse there. Connacht playing well though and scoring tries

neilthom7

Posts : 2944
Join date : 2011-10-26
Age : 34
Location : Belfast

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by Pot Hale Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:15 am

Caolin Blade slices his way through Ospreys to score Connacht’s sixth under the posts.

39-18. 7 mins left.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 7655
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 60
Location : North East

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by Pot Hale Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:17 am

This win will put Connacht back up to 6th in the table a point behind Ospreys.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 7655
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 60
Location : North East

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by Pot Hale Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:24 am

Conor Fitzgerald goes over for the final try after a determined piece of relentless attack by the men in green.

Westerners have done good.

46-18.

Commiserations Ospreys. Connacht Abú.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 7655
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 60
Location : North East

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by Guest Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:28 am

Yikes. Absolute mullering for the Ospreys. Well played Connacht.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by Brendan Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:15 am

So the Benetton v Glasgow and Connacht v Ospreys results are really jamming up the middle of the table.

As a result of those games Dragons v Edinburgh is now extra pressure for both teams.  

Dragons are 11th with 4 of the teams below them after this week will have played two less games.  If they lose and get nothing there will be a 7 point gap to the team who have played the same number as they and been their rivals.  I think Zebre and Lions are bottom two and Dragons need to make sure they don't end up in a fight with the Lions for 13th.

Edinburgh have a big chance to open a gap at the top of the Scot/Ita table if they win.  If they lose they are drawn back into the dogfight that is the mid table and they will still have to play all 4 Irish, Bok's filled Sharks plus Ospreys and Glasgow x2.  So if they loose it could be a long season

Brendan

Posts : 4238
Join date : 2012-04-09
Location : Cork

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by BigGee Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:18 am

Glasgow were awful!

Hard to be to optimistic about the rest of the season on that performance!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Posts : 13427
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by Guest Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:33 am

Congrats to Edinburgh clap

Dragons, for all our early season promise (if you can all it that) are just the same old, same old poor team. Never going to climb out of the lower levels of the league if all we can muster is that.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by RiscaGame Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:46 am

Yes indeed. Congrats to Embra.

Dragons were so poor. Very blunt. As I said on our thread, our home record is very poor this season.

RiscaGame
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 5340
Join date : 2016-01-25

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by profitius Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:54 am

Ulster the dominant side against leinster but only 7 points up.
profitius
profitius

Posts : 4697
Join date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by Maine man Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:47 am

Maine man wrote:
thebandwagonsociety wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:Leinster side named.  the only surprise inclusion is Furlong starting - Alaalatoa is away playing for Samoa against Barbarians.

J O'Brien; A Byrne, R Henshaw, C Frawley, J Larmour; R Byrne, L McGrath; E Byrne, J Tracy, T Furlong; R Molony, D Toner; D Leavy, S Penny, R Ruddock. Reps: S Cronin, P Dooley, V Abdaladze, M Deegan, W Connors, N McCarthy, H Byrne, T O'Brien.

Strong enough side.

Leinster: Jimmy O'Brien; Adam Byrne, Robbie Henshaw, Ciarán Frawley, Jordan Larmour; Ross Byrne, Luke McGrath (capt); Ed Byrne, James Tracy, Tadhg Furlong, Ross Molony, Devin Toner; Dan Leavy, Scott Penny, Rhys Ruddock

Replacements: Sean Cronin, Peter Dooley, Vakh Abdaladze, Max Deegan, Will Connors, Nick McCarthy, Harry Byrne, Tommy O'Brien

Ulster: Mike Lowry; Craig Gilroy, James Hume, Stuart McCloskey, Ethan McIlroy; Billy Burns, John Cooney;Andrew Warwick, Rob Herring, Marty Moore; Alan O'Connor (capt), Sam Carter; Greg Jones, Nick Timoney, David McCann

Replacements: Tom Stewart, Eric O'Sullivan, Ross Kane, Mick Kearney, Marcus Rea, Nathan Doak, Angus Curtis, Rob Lyttle

Bonus point win for Leinster.

What do I know!!!

Maine man

Posts : 435
Join date : 2016-07-09

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by Unclear Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:01 am

Great result, but I must admit I didn't see it coming!  Did seem like Ulster played Mr Murphy's very lenient interpretation of the offside line but any win at the RDS is good.  SUFTUM Very Happy

Unclear

Posts : 210
Join date : 2012-09-20
Location : The sub-tropical South (of England)

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by Pot Hale Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:33 am

Never mind the ref, the Leinster league side were poor - nothing like last year.   Clearly the time off hadnt helped them at all - they were second best for most of the match.  The Ulster players were off their defence line like Usain Bolt.  Neither Byrne at out-half did anything to change the approach.  Forward pack were largely ineffective.   Might be good enough for some other teams but not against a multi-talented side like Ulster.

Connacht will be licking their lips if the league team turn up like this next week.  They know how to score tries.


Last edited by Pot Hale on Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 7655
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 60
Location : North East

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by Unclear Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:45 am

True enough, it didn't really look like Leinster. I'll credit the Ulster pressure Very Happy

Great the way Doak came off the bench to close out the game, shame for Leinster that Harry Byrne didn't show the same composure. Hopefully this will drive Cooney on and give Farrell some problems come selection of the 6Ns squad. Doak isn't the messiah yet, but he looks pretty good.

Unclear

Posts : 210
Join date : 2012-09-20
Location : The sub-tropical South (of England)

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by RiscaGame Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:35 am

BREAKING: Cardiff are unable to leave South Africa after two players tested positive for Covid-19. They will remain in Cape Town for now.

From Steffan Thomas on Twitter.

RiscaGame
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 5340
Join date : 2016-01-25

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by RiscaGame Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:11 am

Munster stuck too.

RiscaGame
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 5340
Join date : 2016-01-25

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by Guest Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:58 am

Might as well just play their games in SA now! Isolate the cases and the rest of the squad can play, as long as they test negative.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by Maine man Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:52 am

The Oracle wrote:Might as well just play their games in SA now! Isolate the cases and the rest of the squad can play, as long as they test negative.

Totally agree. As long as all players that take the field are covid free, crack on and play the game. Also save a fixture backlog.

Maine man

Posts : 435
Join date : 2016-07-09

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by Guest Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:31 am

In fact, could they extend their tours and play them all? Not sure if that was the original plan or just a couple of games? I’ll need to look it up.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by Guest Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:33 am

Actually no, that would keep them there for Christmas! I didn’t think that one through Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum