The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

URC Round 6

+12
geoff999rugby
Maine man
LeinsterFan4life
Brendan
No9
Unclear
Old Man
Welshmushroom
thebandwagonsociety
Pot Hale
RiscaGame
neilthom7
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

URC Round 6 - Page 2 Empty URC Round 6

Post by neilthom7 Wed 24 Nov 2021, 10:13 am

First topic message reminder :

With the Autumn international's behind us it's back to the URC for this weekend before Europe awaits.  Some absolutely belting looking games this weekend as well. Personally looking forward to Leinster v Ulster and the Bulls v Munster games.

Also the first games in South Africa are being played this weekend as well which adds some real spice.

All games on Premier Sports and Supersport as well as below channels.  Kick of times UK/Irish time.

Friday 26th November 2021

Connacht v Ospreys- 7:35pm- S4C, RTE 2

Saturday 27th November 2021

DHL Stormers v Zebre- 1pm- Mediaset
Benetton v Glasgow Warriors- 1pm- Mediaset
Cell C Sharks v Scarlets- 3:30pm- S4C, - GAME CANCELLED
Dragons v Edinburgh- 5:15pm
Vodacom Bulls v Munster- 5:45pm- TG 4- GAME CANCELLED
Leinster v Ulster- 8PM- RTE 2

Sunday 28th November 2021

Emirates Lions v Cardiff- 2PM- BBC 1 Wales- GAME CANCELLED

Last edited by neilthom7 on Fri 26 Nov 2021, 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total

neilthom7

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

URC Round 6 - Page 2 Empty Re: URC Round 6

Post by geoff999rugby Sun 28 Nov 2021, 10:32 pm

Scarlets and Zebre got away, landed in Dublin

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 29 Nov 2021, 12:20 am

Surely they can’t stop the teams going home? Of course they’ll need to isolate, probably in gov approved hotel, but surely they can get home?

I do think this is a prelude to games in empty stadiums again and the SA teams could be refused to travel.

Could end up being another messy season.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Mon 29 Nov 2021, 7:42 am

Being reported the plane landed too late and that Scarlets will be doing 10 days isolation in Belfast

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Man Mon 29 Nov 2021, 7:53 am

tigertattie wrote:Surely they can’t stop the teams going home? Of course they’ll need to isolate, probably in gov approved hotel, but surely they can get home?

I do think this is a prelude to games in empty stadiums again and the SA teams could be refused to travel.

Could end up being another messy season.

Yep, I am slowly beginning to lose interest in the URC, our teams challenges just doesn't seem to get less.

Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Mon 29 Nov 2021, 8:47 am

It's incredibly bad timing for the urc. Could it have been worse timing? If it happened a few weeks back the games could have played in Italy.

profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Mon 29 Nov 2021, 9:43 am

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Welshmushroom wrote:I can see Ulster lineup beating that side.....
Not a chance in the RDS imo. That Leinster pack should still have too much.

I did call it Smile

I think they are starting to see the impact of teams fielding stronger sides with the reduced games.  What was clear to me this weekend is that every side is taking every game seriously.  Think everyone knows that one or two wins in this season could make a big difference to the league standings.  

I'm not convinced Leinster will be able to afford to field that many second string sides this season without it coming at a price.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Mon 29 Nov 2021, 9:47 am

To be clear Ulster only fielded 3 first choice forwards and were missing the entire first choice back three. That’s 8 players down.

This was not Leinster 2nds v Ulster 1sts

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Mon 29 Nov 2021, 9:52 am

I think the Welsh Sides all have a lot of work to do in the off season for transfers. Almost every Welsh sides need to look at their tight 5 as there are some glaring holes there. Scarlets pretty much need an entire pack. Blues in my eyes have problems at Tighthead and Lock. Ospreys need to look at Blindside, probably need another ball carrying 8 as well to give Morgan some time off. I'm also not convinced by either Fia or Botha at tighthead so probably would look at a backup for Francis as well.

Dragons we really need 2 quality looseheads. Safe to say Bateman and Jarvis havent worked out and the jury is out on Seiuli. We also need to bring in a mountain of a second row to help be able to rotate Rowlands and Carter around a bit. Quite happy with Doge as a signing though and I would keep hold of him. To be fair our pack when fit looks like one of the better welsh regions. Our problem is i think we lack some quality in the center. So that needs addressing as well.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Mon 29 Nov 2021, 10:00 am

geoff999rugby wrote:To be clear Ulster only fielded 3 first choice forwards and were missing the entire first choice back three. That’s 8 players down.

No I am aware that players got rested due to the November internationals so not side has 1st teams out. My point though was that I don't think that Leinster 2nd team is good enough to beat most 1st teams in the league.

Were already seeing a marked improvement in the league with every side knowing a couple of wins could be the difference come the end of the season. Not sure how many losses Leinster could afford before they would be forced to field full strength lineups. I'd imagine in a 18 game season that number probably is no more than 4-5 in total if they want a home qtr final.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Mon 29 Nov 2021, 10:08 am

geoff999rugby wrote:To be clear Ulster only fielded 3 first choice forwards and were missing the entire first choice back three. That’s 8 players down.

Quite a decent game in what became a farcical round with travel restriction changes turning the round overall into a shambles. Ulster roughed up Leinster, and rightly so. They played the better rugby, far better defensive system too and took their chances.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Man Mon 29 Nov 2021, 10:43 am

profitius wrote:It's incredibly bad timing for the urc. Could it have been worse timing? If it happened a few weeks back the games could have played in Italy.

SA teams need home games to equal their opportunities to qualify for play offs, playing in Italy won't offer them any advantages.

Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Mon 29 Nov 2021, 11:51 am

Not to mention lost revenue from no fans....after all I would imagine Club Gates still bring through a fair bit of cash in the form of beer and ticket sales.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Man Mon 29 Nov 2021, 12:05 pm

Yes, the lack of fans have been devstating, these two rounds would have been their first home matches with spectators, even though it is limited to 2000 spectators

Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Mon 29 Nov 2021, 3:16 pm

Welshmushroom wrote:

No I am aware that players got rested due to the November internationals so not side has 1st teams out.  My point though was that I don't think that Leinster 2nd team is good enough to beat most 1st teams in the league.    

Were already seeing a marked improvement in the league with every side knowing a couple of wins could be the difference come the end of the season.  Not sure how many losses Leinster could afford before they would be forced to field full strength lineups.  I'd imagine in a 18 game season that number probably is no more than 4-5 in total if they want a home qtr final.

I would not argue with any of that.

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Mon 29 Nov 2021, 5:30 pm

Welshmushroom wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Welshmushroom wrote:I can see Ulster lineup beating that side.....
Not a chance in the RDS imo. That Leinster pack should still have too much.

I did call it Smile

I think they are starting to see the impact of teams fielding stronger sides with the reduced games.  What was clear to me this weekend is that every side is taking every game seriously.  Think everyone knows that one or two wins in this season could make a big difference to the league standings.  

I'm not convinced Leinster will be able to afford to field that many second string sides this season without it coming at a price.
Good call. I didn't get to see the game (rediculous kick off time) but it sounded like Ulster were by far the better team so congrats to them.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Tue 30 Nov 2021, 4:46 pm

Just watched the second half of Treviso v Glasgow

Can I have 40 mins of my life back please - that was utter dross.

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 30 Nov 2021, 6:12 pm

geoff999rugby wrote:Just watched the second half of Treviso v Glasgow

No refunds.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Tue 30 Nov 2021, 6:39 pm

Cardiff had secured a hotel in Cardiff to quarantined in.

The Welsh Government have refused them entry.

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Tue 30 Nov 2021, 8:51 pm

Can’t say I agree with this at all. I think with the exposure this seems to be getting, he will be forced into a climb down soon and allow that.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Wed 01 Dec 2021, 1:52 am

tigertattie wrote:
geoff999rugby wrote:Just watched the second half of Treviso v Glasgow

No refunds.
And to think just before the weekend I bought the URC tv package for the rest of the season. At least, I only paid half price because they were offering a special package....

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Wed 01 Dec 2021, 8:46 am

Don’t worry not all games were like that.

The Leinster and Connacht games were outstanding entertainment

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2