The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Underused players that have been at your club

+8
sodhat
Brady12
Derbyblue
Young_Towzer
Bailey_bashes_jammer
Kay Fabe
compelling and rich
hbk4894
12 posters

Go down

Underused players that have been at your club Empty Underused players that have been at your club

Post by hbk4894 Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:15 am

which players do you think have been great players but your teams manager never seemed or seems to have any faith in them

this is my choice for Bolton

Rodrigo ( Last Season got him on Loan , Saw him vs Wigan , looked good , was speedy and tricky throughout the match , scored a striker goal in the match but all way during the season Coyle never seemed to have any faith in him)

i would add Mark Davies and Ivan Klansic as honourable mentions , a few years back also i thought Daniel Braaten was underused

hbk4894

Back to top Go down

Underused players that have been at your club Empty Re: Underused players that have been at your club

Post by compelling and rich Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:22 am

not really lack of faith just better options but

ole, teddy, butt, phil neville all fantastic players who at any other club at any other era could have been there standout players (teddy probably was)

the englands managers lack of faith in bruce and pallister always astounded me, although thats the fa and media's cockneys biased through and through

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Underused players that have been at your club Empty Re: Underused players that have been at your club

Post by Kay Fabe Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:06 pm

Des Walker and Tony Adams where different class though to be fair but Pally and Bruce had that understanding

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Bailey_bashes_jammer Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:52 am

Des walker is a hero end of debate

Bailey_bashes_jammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:53 am

Newcastle fan in peace
Guthrie, Ryan Taylor both did well last season in the games they played, not many but too good not to be even used as subs imo.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:27 am

For Carlisle I would say from recent years Matty Robson and Kevan Hurst. Robson was underused at the start of the season but has since been moved to left back (which he has played in rarely) due to McDaid being forced to retire and the loanee replacements not being good enough. Hurst cost us £100,000 and he played 35 times in 2 seasons and then got loaned to Morecambe despite the fact he has the ability to play anywhere in midfield, which when you shift between 4-3-3 and a diamond 4-4-2 is very useful.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:32 am

Des Walker was never the same player after he went to Serie A. Bruce & Pally should of been the pairing from 91-94

Piqué is the obvious one for United

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:33 am

Young_Towzer wrote:Newcastle fan in peace
Guthrie, Ryan Taylor both did well last season in the games they played, not many but too good not to be even used as subs imo.

Thought Hugo Viana was under used at The Toon

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:07 pm

I still can't believe West Ham didn't play Javier Mascherano when he was here. A world class holding midfielder and he could get in the team.

I'd add Alessandro Diamanti to the list; we didn't underuse him, but we sold him after one season, and he was our runner up player of the year!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:08 pm

Karim Touzani!! Legend.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:23 pm

sodhat wrote:I still can't believe West Ham didn't play Javier Mascherano when he was here. A world class holding midfielder and he could get in the team.

I'd add Alessandro Diamanti to the list; we didn't underuse him, but we sold him after one season, and he was our runner up player of the year!

When I watch WH that season it seem that Diamanti was pulling the strings and was heavily invoved in the game. Came as a surprise to me that he left. Was he too tempremental?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:48 pm

Not for me, no.

I think he was a 'West Ham player'. Which basically means he has flair but is perhaps a bit nuts and bigger teams won't touch them!

I didn't understand why he was allowed to go, he scored something like 9 or 10 league goals. How we could have done with those last season!

He may well have been homesick, but if not it was a big mistake.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:15 am

I think you sold him for less than you bought him for as well!

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:45 pm

For Bury, Baichung Bhutia when we had him was an excellent player

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:38 am

Jari Litmanen for Liverpool. Fantastic link man that, while unlucky with injuries, never seemed to get a decent run of games. I really felt at the time of his signing that he was the final piece of the jigsaw.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down