The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

+41
PhilBB
Rugby Fan
Collapse2005
BamBam
ScarletSpiderman
Oakdene
yappysnap
doctor_grey
propdavid_london
WELL-PAST-IT
sensisball
Highland Shaun
Filo8
MichaelT
Heaf
Maine man
Old Man
BigTrevsbigmac
RiscaGame
Recwatcher16
Mr Bounce
TheMildlyFranticLlama
Pot Hale
Welshmushroom
Sgt_Pooly
profitius
Margin_Walker
Cumbrian
nathan
Poorfour
BigGee
lostinwales
geoff999rugby
LeinsterFan4life
Fluxy
Hazel Sapling
No 7&1/2
king_carlos
Geordie
mikey_dragon
formerly known as Sam
45 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 3 Empty SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 18 Jan 2022, 9:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

GeordieFalcon wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:I think Schoeman has been injured for nearly all his time at Bath. Can play 10 and 15 though.

Chiefs look set to sign Leinster second row Dunne a 6ft8 122kg 21 year old for next season. Hasn't played this season yet due to an ankle injury. Replacement for one of the outgoing internationals it seems.

Just what we need!

At least your youngsters will get lots of game time.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 3 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by Welshmushroom Thu 17 Feb 2022, 2:36 pm

Sharks confirm Etzebeth for next season

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 3 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by king_carlos Thu 17 Feb 2022, 2:46 pm

Cumbrian wrote:Glasgow have already signed JP du Preez for next season.  Phillips is probably reaching the end of his run and Beaumont seems either crocked or playing in the back-row most of the time.   You would imagine Lood de Jager will be off too, I'm not sure what he is getting paid, but I don't think his number of performances will have justified it, in the end.
Jonny Hill already signed though.

Last rumours I'd heard their fans seemed more confident of keeping Lood and the twins which would be absolutely vital for them. Cobus Wiese is an underrated lock as well IMO, still in contract next season I believe so worst case they have Hill and Wiese signed up as a starting lock partnership.

Oosthuizen, Akker and Faf moving on to be replaced internally with Rodd, Ashman and Quirke would free up a lot of cap space.

Their squad balance hinges on what happens with Jean-Luc and Dan I think. With Hill coming in and Loods availability I think they could weather Lood out. Especially if they use JP du Preez's cap to get another squad lock such as him. If they lose the quality and versatility of the twins then suddenly the pack looks a lot weaker both starting and depth.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 17 Feb 2022, 3:10 pm

Dom Barrow has also joined Sale recently, coming out of retirement.

Hill, Barrow, Weise, Groves and then Lood possibly staying gives a nice range of lock options.

Du Preez twins, Beaumont and Ross good 6 or 8 options. Weise could also cover 6.

Curry twins and Dugdale options at 7 though they could opt for dual opensides.

Sale will be hoping for that confirmed for next season. Be a good use of cap as Barrow and Groves won't be expensive. Dugdale might well be still on a development contract.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Thu 17 Feb 2022, 3:20 pm

king_carlos wrote:
Cumbrian wrote:Glasgow have already signed JP du Preez for next season.  Phillips is probably reaching the end of his run and Beaumont seems either crocked or playing in the back-row most of the time.   You would imagine Lood de Jager will be off too, I'm not sure what he is getting paid, but I don't think his number of performances will have justified it, in the end.

Last rumours I'd heard their fans seemed more confident of keeping Lood and the twins which would be absolutely vital for them. Cobus Wiese is an underrated lock as well IMO, still in contract next season I believe so worst case they have Hill and Wiese signed up as a starting lock partnership.

Oosthuizen, Akker and Faf moving on to be replaced internally with Rodd, Ashman and Quirke would free up a lot of cap space.

Their squad balance hinges on what happens with Jean-Luc and Dan I think. With Hill coming in and Loods availability I think they could weather Lood out. Especially if they use JP du Preez's cap to get another squad lock such as him. If they lose the quality and versatility of the twins then suddenly the pack looks a lot weaker both starting and depth.

I've seen both confidence and doubt amongst them. As you suggest, the twins seem to represent more value to the club than Lood anyway (they'll play a lot more games). You've got to believe their strength/ versatility would have been noticed in France though, doubt Sale could seriously compete for both if the big French sides circle for them when their contracts are up. Sale squad could potentially look very different in a year or two.

Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 17 Feb 2022, 3:37 pm

Cumbrian wrote:
king_carlos wrote:

I've seen both confidence and doubt amongst them.  As you suggest, the twins seem to represent more value to the club than Lood anyway (they'll play a lot more games).  You've got to believe their strength/ versatility would have been noticed in France though, doubt Sale could seriously compete for both if the big French sides circle for them when their contracts are up.  Sale squad could potentially look very different in a year or two.

Depends on whether they are purely financially motivated or not. Yes the biggest offer might come from France but one club might not be able to afford both. Do they speak French, do they want to learn French. Are they and their family settled up in Manchester. Lots of things to consider.

I'm sure they'll be inundated with offers though.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 17 Feb 2022, 4:26 pm

Welshmushroom wrote:Sharks confirm Etzebeth for next season

Natal i assume...?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu 17 Feb 2022, 4:52 pm

Probably worth mentioning Rob Du Preez is there. The twins were being recruited heavily by a SA franchise if memory serves and I am guessing French teams would be happy to put in a bid for all three if it gets them the twins. Toulon, in particular, seem like an ideal team having lost Etzebeth.

I am guessing if Sale lost the twins, Rob would be a goner. Most players rely on the system around them and he has struggled at Sale. With the young kids coming through at 10, is he worth a decent salary as an OC? I am not convinced.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Thu 17 Feb 2022, 4:57 pm

Sale will have a decent amount of cap space I think.

They got a lot of long term contracts signed before the deadline so that only 75% of those contracts count towards the reduced cap.

Then they are potentially (in some cases confirmed) losing:

Oostuizen
Akker
JP du Preez
Faf
MacGinty
Rob du Preez
Sam Hill
(Yarde...)

A lot of that can be replaced from within affordably or doesn't really need replacing.

Hill and Ford already strengthen them very well.

I think JJ would be a brilliant signing for Sale. He knows Ford's game well, could play 13 outside Manu when he's available and when Manu isn't they've got the depth of Sam James and van Rensburg. 9.Quirke 10.Ford 12.Manu 13.JJ would be absolute fire.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 18 Feb 2022, 10:10 am

king_carlos wrote:Sale will have a decent amount of cap space I think.

They got a lot of long term contracts signed before the deadline so that only 75% of those contracts count towards the reduced cap.

Then they are potentially (in some cases confirmed) losing:

Oostuizen
Akker
JP du Preez
Faf
MacGinty
Rob du Preez
Sam Hill
(Yarde...)

A lot of that can be replaced from within affordably or doesn't really need replacing.

Hill and Ford already strengthen them very well.

I think JJ would be a brilliant signing for Sale. He knows Ford's game well, could play 13 outside Manu when he's available and when Manu isn't they've got the depth of Sam James and van Rensburg. 9.Quirke 10.Ford 12.Manu 13.JJ would be absolute fire.

You'd need an extra physio just to cope with JJ and Manu.... Wink

But yes, that backline on fire would be scary....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Fri 18 Feb 2022, 11:11 am

JJs games played are pretty solid when taking into account the time he'll have missed on international duty.

21/22 so far - 14 apps, 13 starts
21/20 -16 apps, 14 starts
19/20 - 15 apps, 14 starts
18/19 - 12 apps, 12 starts
17/18 - 19 apps, 19 starts
16/17 - 18 apps, 18 starts
15/16 - 14 apps, 14 starts
14/15 - 24 apps, 24 starts
13/14 - 22 apps, 18 starts

So there's the clear dip in 15/16 when he became an England regular but overall that's a really good club contribution.

He's played 914 minutes already this season!

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 18 Feb 2022, 11:21 am

Thats very different to what i actually imagined KC.

He has played a lot of games...

Geordie

king_carlos likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Fri 18 Feb 2022, 12:08 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Thats very different to what i actually imagined KC.

He has played a lot of games...
Especially when you factor in how much rugby is played by Prem clubs now.

If JJ put that game time together as a Kiwi Super Rugby player he'd be playing nearly a full season for instance. That's going by his reduced club game time whilst an international too.

Kiwi players also have the NPC on top of Super Rugby which can increase games played. Internationals rarely turn out in it though and when I've spoken to guys who play in it they often mention that NPC is a step down in physicality almost by design. They want the NPC to be a very high skill, fast league for developing talent without obliterating their bodies before they get to Super Rugby.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Recwatcher16 Mon 21 Feb 2022, 3:02 pm

Bath rumour mill is that JJ along with Watson are now sticking around for another contract.
The impending new coach is heavily linked with the recruitment plans for next season, which includes two new SA flankers, one from Munster and another from Jersey, who are both EQ. There will undoubtedly be more. It will be interesting to see if the two Scottish selected players will get renewed contracts as they are no longer EQ players.
Faletau leaving takes some pressure off making the salary cap for next season. It is unlikely Cipriani will get another year and Rokoduguni could be off to France. Tian Schoeman, brought in with much fanfare as the new FH played twice before an ACL injury.
The injury disaster this season has meant a large number of academy players have seen premiership action and a number could well be promoted next season in order to keep costs down.
Bath injury list is going in the right direction but the current roll call is;
Injured: Lewis Boyce, Joe Cokanasiga, Tom Dunn, Tom Ellis, Johannes Jonker, Ruaridh McConnochie, Beno Obano, Miles Reid, Tian Schoeman, Juan Schoeman, Sam Underhill, Anthony Watson, Mike Williams, Will Spencer, Ethan Staddon.

International duty: Redpath, Charlie Ewels and Will Stuart

Suspended: Semesa Rokoduguni

Recwatcher16

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 21 Feb 2022, 3:08 pm

By all accounts we are bringing in Tian Schoeman from Bath....

i despair....will Dean never learn.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 21 Feb 2022, 5:32 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:By all accounts we are bringing in Tian Schoeman from Bath....

He's a decent FH, probably in our wage bracket. When was the last time he played though? Has he even turned out for Bath?

We're shopping in the bargain basement GF, nothing changes.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 21 Feb 2022, 6:25 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:By all accounts we are bringing in Tian Schoeman from Bath....

He's a decent FH, probably in our wage bracket. When was the last time he played though? Has he even turned out for Bath?

Played two games did his ACL.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 22 Feb 2022, 4:06 am

Brilliant, sounds like a real gem.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 22 Feb 2022, 8:55 am

Sgt_Pooly wrote:

But why bother...

Connon is solid if nothing else...but is generally fit and available.
Will Haydon Wood looks a class act
Louie Johnson is in the England U20 squad.

Just stick with those rather than brining in ANOTHER injury prone player.

EDIT

Mike Brown has been a total waste of time and money. Penny should be first choice 15 hes excelling everytime he plays. Once again was excellent on SUnday

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Tue 22 Feb 2022, 10:23 am

There was loose rumblings on Dragons facebook, that we are in for Johnny Williams. Don't see it myself, but then wouldn't have guessed we would sign Rhodri Jones either.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 22 Feb 2022, 11:46 am

George Kruis to retire at the end of the season.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Tue 22 Feb 2022, 5:59 pm

Wasps have announced their second new signing ahead of next season.
South African centre Burger Odendaal will join the club from Sigma Lions, the other signing being Vincent Koch.

Going some way to replace Malakai Fekitoa & Jimmy Gopperth.

Olly Hartley has also been promoted from the senior academy.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 22 Feb 2022, 6:20 pm

Wasps definitely leaning towards the bigger inside centre options. Are any of those 12s likely to be deployed more at 13 or are Wasps expecting some more to leave and join.

MLB and Mills I presume are staying for next season.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Wed 23 Feb 2022, 7:48 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:Wasps definitely leaning towards the bigger inside centre options. Are any of those 12s likely to be deployed more at 13 or are Wasps expecting some more to leave and join.

MLB and Mills I presume are staying for next season.

Mills is staying as far as I’m aware Sam - we also have Odogwu & Spink as options in the centre.

A pacy back 3 with Minnozi, Kibridge, Omaga, Bassett, Hougaard & Crossdale or maybe also Paulo on the wing.

BigTrevsbigmac

formerly known as Sam likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 23 Feb 2022, 8:10 am

Id love to see Odogwu really push on at centre permanently...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Wed 23 Feb 2022, 11:35 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:Id love to see Odogwu really push on at centre permanently...

Yes me to Geordie. He is just finding his feet a bit like a few of our players post injury.

Just heard we have signed Scottish forward Kiran McDonald from Glasgow Warriors. He has just been called into the Scottish squad for match against France.
A decent replacement for Fifita.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 23 Feb 2022, 11:51 am

McDonald is a decent player, who has looked good when he has had a run of games, like this season.

He will be missed at Glasgow and leaves us a bit short at lock, so you would imagine someone else is coming in, rumours around Johny Gray were circulating earlier in the season?

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Recwatcher16 Thu 24 Feb 2022, 8:01 am

The rumours look to be true with JJ staying at Bath on a new 2 year deal - presumably the incoming coach agreed the deal. The other rumour on de Allende doesn't go away as there has been no confirmation yet on a move to Japan. If that happened Bath would also have Redpath and Ojomoh as 12's. My guess would be Redpath would be shown the door as the latter would currently be cheaper and EQ.
McNally, stand in captain is now out injured, Bath had two flankers playing second row, second half against Tigers.

Recwatcher16

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 24 Feb 2022, 9:48 am

Recwatcher16 wrote:The rumours look to be true with JJ staying at Bath on a new 2 year deal - presumably the incoming coach agreed the deal. The other rumour on de  Allende doesn't go away as there has been no confirmation yet on a move to Japan. If that happened Bath would also have Redpath and Ojomoh as 12's. My guess would be Redpath would be shown the door as the latter would currently be cheaper and EQ.
McNally, stand in captain is now out injured, Bath had two flankers playing second row, second half against Tigers.

The additional flankers definitely helped you around the park but made for a tough time come the scrums. There's some good young locks at Bath from memory so there's a chance for them to put their hands up. The old Championship loan move might help a bit and with your 8s back there's still some weight to the pack.

I'd be surprised if Redpath left for de Allende but that would be the best 12 in rugby joining for a young, talented but ultimately injury prone player.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Recwatcher16 Fri 25 Feb 2022, 1:47 pm

Bath have generally been using third and fourth choice front rows this season and has been a major weakness.
De Allende would take Faletau's marquee slot. Redpath was brought in from Sale as a rising English talent and then changed allegiance to Scotland, which now won't do him any favours when his contract renewal comes up, I think next season.
The academy is certainly now producing some talent but how many survive within the current cap is open to debate.

Recwatcher16

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Fri 25 Feb 2022, 2:13 pm

Recwatcher16 wrote:Bath have generally been using third and fourth choice front rows this season and has been a major weakness.
De Allende would take Faletau's marquee slot. Redpath was brought in from Sale as a rising English talent and then changed allegiance to Scotland, which now won't do him any favours when his contract renewal comes up, I think next season.
The academy is certainly now producing some talent but how many survive within the current cap is open to debate.
Bath's full strength starting front row of 1.Obano 2.Dunn 3.Stuart is very good indeed. Below that I only really look at LH and think there's depth as Lewis Boyce is a really good player and Morozov a decent 3rd choice.

Looking at the Bath squad before the season started it felt like TH and hooker depth were big problems.

Bath need to do similar to Gloucester and just really concentrate on bolstering that tight five. Alemanno as a set-piece lock, retaining Singleton, signing Elrington and Gotovtsev has completely changed their forwards. Similar to Bath they had good starting props in Rapava-Ruskin and Balmain but little below it. A good reserve on either side has completely changed them though, means they can rotate their starters as well.

Jamal Ford-Robinson is a really good example of how squad players can flourish with stronger players around them too. In a weaker squad he often looked a bit lost at Prem level I often thought. With better tight five players around him he's become a really useful impact sub for Gloucester that plays both sides of the scrum.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 28 Feb 2022, 1:34 pm

Looks like our SA scrum half Schrueder is gonig to bath right enough...

Semore Kurdi needs to recognise this summer is THE best time for a complete rebuild hes had in ages...

Get shot of all the coaches and DEAN and bring in a young enthusiastic forward thinking coach...

The core of our squad is good and something to really build on.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 28 Feb 2022, 6:45 pm

Charlie Sharples has retired.

Charlie Sharples: Gloucester winger retires after shoulder injury - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/60563717

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Tue 01 Mar 2022, 1:19 pm

Not sure if on here but the long rumoured Lonsdale to Dragons move has been confirmed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/60573709

Northampton sign a lock as well. Lukhan Salakaia-Loto, a 30 cap Australian international who is only 25.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/60572345

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Tue 01 Mar 2022, 1:22 pm

Matt Gallagher to Bath.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Tue 01 Mar 2022, 1:25 pm

Bath sign Niall Annett (Worcester hooker), Matt Gallagher and Wesley White (Jersey back-rower, son of Jake White)

Also hired Joe Maddock as attack coach for next season

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 01 Mar 2022, 1:52 pm

Hazel Sapling wrote:Not sure if on here but the long rumoured Lonsdale to Dragons move has been confirmed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/60573709

Northampton sign a lock as well. Lukhan Salakaia-Loto, a 30 cap Australian international who is only 25.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/60572345

That's a bit meh for Dragons.

Salakaia-Loto is a quality player. He can play back-row too.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Tue 01 Mar 2022, 3:03 pm

That's a terrific signing for Saints.

4.Ribbans 5.Salakaia-Loto 6.Lawes 7.Ludlam 8.Augustus

That is a very good second and back row indeed.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Recwatcher16 Tue 01 Mar 2022, 4:57 pm

Hazel Sapling wrote:Bath sign Niall Annett (Worcester hooker), Matt Gallagher and Wesley White (Jersey back-rower, son of Jake White)

Also hired Joe Maddock as attack coach for next season

If Joe Maddock is half as successful as when he was a Bath player, then that should be a good signing.

Matt Gallagher obviously couldn't force his way into the Munster team, he will have his work cut out at Bath unless VG let's some current players go. These recruits are all EQ players which seems to be the general requirement these days for new squad players.

Recwatcher16

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 01 Mar 2022, 5:12 pm

Still find it odd Saints have gone after another lock unless they are losing one. They aren't short on numbers or quality in that department.

Three solid signings for Bath. Gallagher could be a bit of really good business as he was good at Sarries.

Falcons apparently after James Grayson from Saints where he isn't getting much game time. I think he'd be a good signing for them.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Tue 01 Mar 2022, 5:24 pm

Just looks like good succession planning to me. Long term they will need to replace Lawes. A 25-year-old international class lock and back row seems fairly ideal there!

Short term they have Harrison leaving so Lawes will exclusively be a back row I guess. Salakaia-Lotu can partner Ribbans at lock when they are at full strength but also cover back row during the Six Nations and if Lawes is injured which given the miles on the clock seems fairly likely, sadly.

Wood has only signed a one year extension as well.

Api is an underrated lock but he's 35 so won't go on forever either.

To me it just looks like a signing that at least improves Saints in the short term and potentially helps ease bigger headaches in the long term.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 01 Mar 2022, 6:11 pm

Harrison is mainly a 7 and 8 being replaced by 5/6. Wood looks increasingly passed it. Places a lot of reliance on Ludlum. Well and Augustus at 8.

KC, Api is 35 but he plays like someone at 25. He did come to professional rugby a bit later so might well last longer than others.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Tue 01 Mar 2022, 6:55 pm

Aren't Saints rumoured to be signing Hinckley as well though?

I don't see why Salakaia-Lotu signing means they won't sign another 7 to back up Ludlam even if Hinckley doesn't come through though?

The Saints squad doesn't strike me as particularly pricey so maybe they had cap free already. Francis has hardly been playing due to injury but they are stacked at centre anyway with Hutchinson, Dingwall, Proctor and highly talented Litchfield and Ethan Grayson so maybe they are losing a centre but strengthening the pack?

4.Ribbans, Coles, Nansen
5.Api, Moon
6.Lawes, Salakaia-Lotu, Wilkins
7.Ludlam, Wood, Hinckley/AN Other
8.Augustus, Willemsen

When Lawes and Salakaia-Lotu are both available one of them, most likely the latter, can partner Ribbans.

To me that just looks like very good options. Lots of quality, lots of versatility and several players with potentially very high ceilings.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 01 Mar 2022, 8:59 pm

If they can get Hinckley to his potential then that'll be a great signing. He's barely played a game at Chiefs though. Similar with the 8 Willemsen, great pedigree but not seen him play much so far.

Still looks like an injury to Augustus and a call up for Ludlam leaves them looking a bit short. 

The options at lock and 6 look great though. Shipping off Francis for more cover at 7 or 8 wouldn't be a bad option though recruiting at prop is probably high on their list as well.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 01 Mar 2022, 9:30 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:Still find it odd Saints have gone after another lock unless they are losing one. They aren't short on numbers or quality in that department.

Three solid signings for Bath. Gallagher could be a bit of really good business as he was good at Sarries.

Falcons apparently after James Grayson from Saints where he isn't getting much game time. I think he'd be a good signing for them.

I've seen the rumours but why?

We have Will Haydon Wood playing very well there now, Louie Johnson with the England u20s and Brett Connon who is solid. Why bring in another young 10??

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 01 Mar 2022, 10:00 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:Still find it odd Saints have gone after another lock unless they are losing one. They aren't short on numbers or quality in that department.

I've seen the rumours but why?

We have Will Haydon Wood playing very well there now, Louie Johnson with the England u20s and Brett Connon who is solid. Why bring in another young 10??

He's quite a big lad. Could be Dean has a plan to turn him into a 12 like his younger brother. Falcons go to dual playmaker. Haydon-Wood is quite a running flyhalf so having a second option might work and open up the width after one of his half breaks. Second kicker if you're losing Brown's boot from the backline as well. 

Connon is a bit average and the kids quite young. Grayson would be an upgrade on Connon. At 23 he should be aiming at more game time.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 01 Mar 2022, 11:19 pm

As a 12...ok I can handle that idea...

Not at 10 though. Just don't get that one. What's the point in the academy, especially when you gave a former England u20 10 playing well in the shirt and a younger one getting games for the u20s...

Connon is very average...but would be a solid back up if nothing more.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 02 Mar 2022, 12:49 pm

Apparently there maybe something in it...Connon on his way.

Grayson in to share the 10 spot with WHW, and as you say Dean might fancy playing him at 12 also. 6'2, 15.5 stone....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Wed 02 Mar 2022, 1:50 pm

Dragons announce Max Clark from Bath

Another rumoured one. Dragons are certainly signing some decent names

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Fri 04 Mar 2022, 10:25 am

Centre has been our big problem at the Dragons. Ryan has added more pack strength for rotation so clearly understands where games are won and lost in the URC.

Clark is better than what we have but we need another 1 or 2 centres to really ramp up the competition in that area. He might decide to play JJ at 12 for a few games as well so could add a different dimension to our midfield. If he can sort the midfield area out we should be able to start winning a few more games next year. It safe to say the Allen project hasn't worked out and Dixon hasn't developed into a top centre like he should have given the amount of games he has played for us now.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 08 Mar 2022, 9:20 pm

Schrueder to Bath for next season confirmed

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next