The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eubank v Brook looks set at 156 ??.....Another Norris v Taylor mismatch ??

5 posters

Go down

Eubank v Brook looks set at 156 ??.....Another Norris v Taylor mismatch ?? Empty Eubank v Brook looks set at 156 ??.....Another Norris v Taylor mismatch ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 08 Apr 2022, 8:37 pm

Two time Champion and lightning fast Meldrick Taylor with a few too many miles on his clock....Insisted quick..talented..bigger..More powerful Terry Norris come down from 154 to 150 to oblige him at the Mirage thirty years ago...

Norris obliged and as soon as he realised Taylor couldn't hurt him gave him a lesson and a spank..

Brook is no Taylor and Eubank is definitely no Norris but the rules apply...

A quality boxer with decent speed is fighting a bigger guy with probably quicker hands and only one of them has the power to hurt the other...

Groves BJS and Degale are naturally bigger than Brook and couldn't dent Eubank..

Like Meldrick Taylor Brook has also seen better days and is fighting a good technician in his prime.

Eubank's mouth has certainly earned him good money and here is again....On a win win..

Unless Eubank gets wiped out making weight which I doubt..

It's a mismatch...Khan was finished...That win shouldn't fool anybody..

Have a good weekend..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Eubank v Brook looks set at 156 ??.....Another Norris v Taylor mismatch ?? Empty Re: Eubank v Brook looks set at 156 ??.....Another Norris v Taylor mismatch ??

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 08 Apr 2022, 9:13 pm

Utterly pointless fight. Eubank will gain nothing from this and Brook will get a painful reminder that he's over the hill.

I fully expect Brook's cyborg eyes to be bleeding by round 4 if he makes it that far...

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Eubank v Brook looks set at 156 ??.....Another Norris v Taylor mismatch ?? Empty Re: Eubank v Brook looks set at 156 ??.....Another Norris v Taylor mismatch ??

Post by Guest Sat 09 Apr 2022, 9:34 am

I fully expected this from Eubank Jr tbh. He spent weeks stalking GGG earlier in the year, when GGG was overweight - rumours of covid. Anyway GGG got back into shape and Eubank Jr lost his nerve again.
As for Brook, I can see why he’s taking this fight. Good money and even if he loses he’s got the rematch with Khan where he is getting the bigger %.
Eubank Jr is nothing but a fraud.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mochyn du Thu 19 May 2022, 12:59 am

I really am not one for catchweights. I think they're dangerous with all these rehydration clauses and the like. There's only 6 or 7 pounds separating most weights. Wasn't Eubank Jnr a Super middle at one point? If so he's losing 10lbs. I'm going for a Kell Brook win.

Mochyn du

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Thu 19 May 2022, 1:28 pm

Mochyn, Brook has retired...

https://fightnews.com/kell-brook-its-over-for-me/131699

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 20 Jul 2022, 6:22 pm

Looks like 156 it is....Rehydration clause will probably decide the winner...

Easier to come up than down...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 21 Jul 2022, 9:47 am

It's Eubank Vs Benn isn't it. Could be a good little scrap but if Eubank loses, think he's done. He's gonna look back in a few years and be a bit gutted on what he's achieved as it should have been a lot more.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jul 2022, 7:18 pm

Benn vs Eubank Jr seems a bizarre fight...Benn supposedly would’ve made 140 for the right fight.
Eubank Jr has been stalking GGG and fought all the way up at 168.
Despite the catch weight, 156, Eubank Jr will be massive compared to Benn.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Thu 21 Jul 2022, 9:28 pm

This says everything about Eubank - he's just in it for the money. My Dad had a feud with his best man - doesn't mean I should go and have a fight with his son. It's just a bizarre kind of fight. As derbymanc says - if Eubank loses he has nowhere else to go.

I think a lot will depend on how strong Eubank is at the weight. If he's weight-drained, Conor could win this. If he's strong, Benn gets overwhelmed by the sheer size difference. I don't really see what either of them gain from this.

Still, the, Welter belts are sewn up for the 4-belt fight between Spence and Crawford (if it happens as we still haven't had confirmation), and you can bet your bottom dollar that there's a rematch clause in there. So that's at least a year to wait for Benn and his handlers obviously don't want him fighting a top contender such as Ennis.

Eubank is probably treading water until GGG retires so he can potentially go for a vacant Middle belt. I guess the money is calling both of them. But as a valuable fight for either fighter? I just don't get it.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 21 Jul 2022, 10:21 pm

Good points being made.....Suppose it would be a big win for Benn if not Eubank..

If they are bagging a few million each it is reason enough....Benn fancies a weight drained Eubank...and Eubank thinks he can hit 156 obviously without repercussion and smash the smaller guy....But one remembers Oscar v Pac

Both have reason to think they can win.

If Eubank can perform hard to see him losing.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 12 Aug 2022, 11:07 pm

Saw some of the press Conf.. Eubank is a very good at winding people up and Benn is easy to wind up..

The only be 60% at that weight but will still win line was enough.....Supercilious disposition as well seems to not go down with Benn either.

Going to be a long countdown for Benn jr.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 12 Aug 2022, 11:27 pm

You really seem to have it in for Benn Jr don't you. I know he's untested and hasn't beaten anyone of note, but then neither has Eubank Jr (a shot DeGale doesn't really count). I think you should cut the guy some slack as he's done everything that's been asked of him so far. Especially if he beats the much bigger Eubank - he's in a no lose situation here - he's taken on a big challenge (none of the welter belts are available as they'll be likely tied up with unifications), he makes a shedload of money no matter what, and if he should win, he gets catapulted to the "dangerous" section of up-and-coming fighters. Lose, and he was in against someone 2 divisions bigger so it's no surprise.

As for the "winding up", there's a strong possibility that it's almost scripted and they're playing the parts their Dads did - it's all "for the fight".

Then again I see this fight as a load of marketing BS anyway. Benn Jr wasn't even born when the Dads last fought.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 18 Aug 2022, 6:13 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:You really seem to have it in for Benn Jr don't you. I know he's untested and hasn't beaten anyone of note, but then neither has Eubank Jr (a shot DeGale doesn't really count). I think you should cut the guy some slack as he's done everything that's been asked of him so far. Especially if he beats the much bigger Eubank - he's in a no lose situation here - he's taken on a big challenge (none of the welter belts are available as they'll be likely tied up with unifications), he makes a shedload of money no matter what, and if he should win, he gets catapulted to the "dangerous" section of up-and-coming fighters. Lose, and he was in against someone 2 divisions bigger so it's no surprise.

As for the "winding up", there's a strong possibility that it's almost scripted and they're playing the parts their Dads did - it's all "for the fight".

Then again I see this fight as a load of marketing BS anyway. Benn Jr wasn't even born when the Dads last fought.

Eubank has fought Groves...Saunders and Degale...Saunders as a novice...Groves as the smaller Man and Liam Williams is a better win than anybody Benn has beat..

Benn has been wrapped in wool...Best win is a pillow punching 140 guy who got creamed off Khan years ago and beat the worst 140 pound Champ in history..

If I have it in for the protected Benn..Physician heal thyself.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 19 Aug 2022, 3:22 pm

Eubank was outclassed by Groves, Saunders took his foot off the gas - he was also a novice. Degale was shot to pieces and Liam Williams is hardly a brilliant opponent - I would not read too much into how good that win was.

Thing is, Eubank is a Euro-level Middleweight, whilst Benn is a fairly protected up-and-coming Welter, and no different to most prospects, he's being matched easy. If he was an American, you'd be singing his praises Trussy. Instead, you're sticking to the age-old "he's protected" line. Yet he's unbeaten, and although he's far from the finished article, and unlikely to beat either of the belt holders, he's doing alright. But all you want to do is tear him a new one. I personally would love to match him with Ortiz or Ennis - those two are certainly pushing to be the next #1 contender at the weight. A trip to face Thurman would certainly get some answers. But he's no Campbell Hatton - he's got a bit of skill and power behind him.

If Benn does the unlikely and beats Eubank, what excuses will you give? It's a money making fight, no more than that. Benn's team have seen an opportunity, and regardless of the outcome, they'll be alright. Eubank simply has to put in a cracking performance - anything else and his career's in the toilet. Benn loses, and hey, it was against someone 2 divisions bigger. His unbeaten record is not of concern to him as he's likely to be beaten - either that or they've seen something in Eubank to exploit. Both have delusions that they're as good as Daddy. Both are not.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 19 Aug 2022, 4:39 pm

I don't dislike Benn jr....Don't know him....But he is overhyped and he is going in to a huge money fight...(More money than a title fight) Off his Dad's name...

Eubank is too in a lesser extent But he has at least fought 3 modern British greats

As for the if he was American touch...Well I have never stuck up for fighters that earn the easy way..

Darren Van Horn and those like him got criticised just like anyone else..

Benn wins probably because he will have drained the life out of Eubank...Draining is dangerous look at Duk koo kim who had to make visits to the scales on the day of the fight..

But what does Hearn care..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 25 Sep 2022, 10:05 am

PPV via DAZN £19.99 Shocked Shocked Shocked

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 29 Sep 2022, 11:41 am

Seen the desk chat between these two...Say one thing for Eubank he certainly knows how to push buttons..

The abstinence for only two weeks while eight for GGG was a good one and he does seem to have suckered Benn in to thinking he is taking him lightly.

Which he isn't. Benn is strong and hand heavy.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down