The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS HAMPSHIRE T20 VITALITY BLAST

5 posters

Go down

SURREY VS HAMPSHIRE T20 VITALITY BLAST Empty SURREY VS HAMPSHIRE T20 VITALITY BLAST

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 18 Jun 2022, 5:35 pm

Surrey have announced a 14 man squad for the Vitality Blast game against Hampshire.
Jordan Clark and Ollie pope are rested for this game Erm
Ben Geddes comes into the squad but there is still no place for Ryan Patel.
Sam Curran, Reece Topley and Jason Roy are all away in the Netherlands Rolling Eyes
FULL SQUAD:
Chris Jordan (c)
Gus Atkinson
Rory Burns
Laurie Evans
Ben Geddes
Will Jacks
Conor McKerr
Dan Moriarty
Sunil Narine
Jamie Overton
Kieron Pollard
Jamie Smith (wk)
Cameron Steel
Dan Worrall
Mckerr in for Clark and sadly Burns in for pope you would imagine.
Over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS HAMPSHIRE T20 VITALITY BLAST Empty Re: SURREY VS HAMPSHIRE T20 VITALITY BLAST

Post by guildfordbat Sat 18 Jun 2022, 6:54 pm

Cheers, JimBob.
Like you, I would choose Patel before Burns or Geddes. Not to be though. I agree that Burns is likely to get the nod.
Logic suggests McKerr for Clark. However, not all decisions are logical! I’ll suggest Moriarty at last comes into the eleven instead.
Btw, I’m away for the best part of two weeks from Monday.

guildfordbat

jimbobgooner likes this post

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS HAMPSHIRE T20 VITALITY BLAST Empty Re: SURREY VS HAMPSHIRE T20 VITALITY BLAST

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 18 Jun 2022, 6:58 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Cheers, JimBob.
Like you, I would choose Patel before Burns or Geddes. Not to be though. I agree that Burns is likely to get the nod.
Logic suggests McKerr for Clark. However, not all decisions are logical! I’ll suggest Moriarty at last comes into the eleven instead.
Btw, I’m away for the best part of two weeks from Monday.
how the other half live Wink

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Voice of the Beehive Sun 19 Jun 2022, 10:09 am

Pope will be a big miss but I wasn't expecting him to be allowed to play against Middlesex. Unless Clark is carrying an injury or suchlike, it seems a strange time to rest him. Surely better to wait a few days until the lads get back from the Netherlands although I appreciate we'll be losing Overton at the same time. You could even make a case for him playing as a batsman only ahead of Geddes or Burns.

All that being said we're pretty close to having enough points to qualify for the knock out stages already but it's time now for Evans and Pollard to contribute a bit more, although to be fair Kyren hasn't had much opportunity to do so apart from some questionable fielding.

Voice of the Beehive

guildfordbat and jimbobgooner like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 19 Jun 2022, 10:54 am

Voice of the Beehive wrote:Pope will be a big miss but I wasn't expecting him to be allowed to play against Middlesex. Unless Clark is carrying an injury or suchlike, it seems a strange time to rest him. Surely better to wait a few days until the lads get back from the Netherlands although I appreciate we'll be losing Overton at the same time. You could even make a case for him playing as a batsman only ahead of Geddes or Burns.

All that being said we're pretty close to having enough points to qualify for the knock out stages already but it's time now for Evans and Pollard to contribute a bit more, although to be fair Kyren hasn't had much opportunity to do so apart from some questionable fielding.

Hi Beehive - yes, it does seem odd about Clark. I wondered if a personal / family matter was behind it. No more than a thought - certainly no inside info.

Agree with you about wanting Evans and Pollard to step up now.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 19 Jun 2022, 2:10 pm

Surrey win toss and bowl
Burns and Moriarty come in

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 19 Jun 2022, 5:51 pm

Pollard can get away with not paying subs today
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

guildfordbat and jimbobgooner like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 19 Jun 2022, 5:59 pm

another excellent win despite average fielding
this was the perfect situation for 3rd degree with the run rate as it was Very Happy

Last edited by jimbobgooner on Sun 19 Jun 2022, 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Sun 19 Jun 2022, 6:06 pm

Got there in the end....again! Well done chaps, keep the run going

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by Voice of the Beehive Sun 19 Jun 2022, 6:54 pm

I think I got my wish for Evans and Pollard to increase their contributions. Another impressive team performance.

Voice of the Beehive

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 19 Jun 2022, 7:19 pm

now to rest my ears after that dreadful Hampshire women on commentary spent the whole game screeching thumbsdown

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 19 Jun 2022, 7:43 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:now to rest my ears after that dreadful Hampshire women on commentary spent the whole game screeching thumbsdown

Not too sorry I missed it all then - doing Dad's day with the Bat girls.

Going from the target we were set and my own thoughts about the Surrey players, I totally agree with JimBob that a 150 chase was tailor made for Burns. Had it been 180, well ... glad it was wasn't!

Narine has been a great signing and is a near perfect model of consistency. Think that's eight Blast games he's bowled for us. Always 1 or 2 wickets and under 30 conceded from a full allocation each time.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down