The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+7
Duty281
superflyweight
Pal Joey
Galted
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
11 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 07 Jun 2022, 12:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

6. 5. Civic

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Mon 22 Aug 2022, 6:37 pm

LiW lives!

He is risen!

Back from the dead like the proverbial Tino.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Tue 23 Aug 2022, 9:13 am

Fist.

What sad days are these when the resurrection of a member fails to ressurect the thread?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 23 Aug 2022, 9:14 am

Sicond.
Galted's alive!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 23 Aug 2022, 9:50 am

Fist.

This is poor. Shouldn't be relying on the dead to post fist.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 23 Aug 2022, 10:53 am

Sicond.

Apologies Tino. Just had a sneezing fit for about 1 minute. Always seems to happen at a certain time for no apparent reason.

How's it going? Is it cooling down there now? Will the rivers ever run again? It looks like Australia in parts of France and Spain. I did notice the Thames looked a bit low the other day too. Was that way out in west country near the headwaters? The last thing you want is blue-green algae blooms... kills the fish and wreaks havoc on the food chain. Hopefully it will bucket down soon and flush it all out towards France.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 23 Aug 2022, 11:03 am

Pal Joey wrote:Sicond.

Apologies Tino. Just had a sneezing fit for about 1 minute. Always seems to happen at a certain time for no apparent reason.

How's it going? Is it cooling down there now? Will the rivers ever run again? Looks like Australia in parts of France and Spain. I did notice the Thames looked a bit low the other day too... was that way out in west country near the headwaters?

Much cooler now, Pee Jay. Still very little rain around, certainly in the South East but temperatures have dropped. We'll be moaning about the cold soon enough.

Yes, everywhere looks so yellow in Western Europe. We are really fortunate where we live as we are in the middle of nowhere and normally the surrounding area is so green and verdant but it now just all looks yellow, dry and crispy still. I've never seen it like this since we moved here which is a long time ago now. It is going to take some serious amounts of water to getting it looking lovely again.

How is the land of Certain Death at the moment?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 23 Aug 2022, 11:15 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:Sicond.

How's it going? Is it cooling down there now? Will the rivers ever run again? Looks like Australia in parts of France and Spain. I did notice the Thames looked a bit low the other day too... was that way out in west country near the headwaters?

Much cooler now, Pee Jay. Still very little rain around, certainly in the South East but temperatures have dropped. We'll be moaning about the cold soon enough.

Yes, everywhere looks so yellow in Western Europe. We are really fortunate where we live as we are in the middle of nowhere and normally the surrounding area is so green and verdant but it now just all looks yellow, dry and crispy still. I've never seen it like this since we moved here which is a long time ago now. It is going to take some serious amounts of water to getting it looking lovely again.

How is the land of Certain Death at the moment?

You know, it was quite mild and spring-like this morning. Blue skies. Even saw some locals in shorts and t-shirts. Went across the harbour to pop in and see Mum and go out for lunch. However, by about 2pm it started to look ominous. Monster dark clouds.

When I hit the road on my way back it started bucketing down. Temp dropped from 23 to about 10 in under an hour. I just took the bins out (red and yellow this week) and there seemed to be a wind chill factor. Felt like 5. There's a big snow dump happening down south right now. Expecting some in the Blue Mountains just west of here. Actually just checked Katoomba. 0 deg... feels like -3 and snowing.

That probably explains my sneezing fit. I had dry heat blowing out from the unit and the heaters on and then the short walk down the driveway with the bins in the 'freezing cold' must have got the sneezing underway.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 23 Aug 2022, 11:18 am

I'm not dead.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 23 Aug 2022, 11:26 am

Galted wrote:I'm not dead.

I've taken you off my Foe list as well. What a day to be not dead.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 23 Aug 2022, 11:27 am

All relatively quiet on the wildlife front at the moment.

Apart from a trapped whale (in the nets) up at the Gold Coast this morning. They freed it in an hour or so. They cut into to a major news story to show the moment it was cut free.

There's debate here about removing the shark nets at beaches (the Greens say they kill too much marine life) but I've just seen an expert on TV saying that since the ban on shark kills here (unlike the northern Pacific) there has been a population explosion... and the great whites are getting bigger. Baby sharks born around 2000 are now 5-6m (2,000 kg) monsters prowling the coastline.

The nets have been there since the 1930s and have probably saved many lives. Of course, there's the odd hole where a shark might slip through but there is constant monitoring with helicopters. That poor bloke who got attacked last year was just outside the nets so was taking a bit of a risk.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 23 Aug 2022, 11:32 am

Morning all. Not dead yet

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 23 Aug 2022, 11:37 am

Pal Joey wrote:All relatively quiet on the wildlife front at the moment.

Apart from a trapped whale (in the nets) up at the Gold Coast this morning. They freed it in an hour or so. They cut into to a major news story to show the moment it was cut free.

There's debate here about removing the shark nets at beaches (the Greens say they kill too much marine life) but I've just seen an expert on TV saying that since the ban on shark kills here (unlike the northern Pacific) there has been a population explosion... and the great whites are getting bigger. Baby sharks born around 2000 are now 5-6m (2,000 kg) monsters prowling the coastline.

The nets have been there since the 1930s and have probably saved many lives. Of course, there's the odd hole where a shark might slip through but there is constant monitoring with helicopters. That poor bloke who got attacked last year was just outside the nets so was taking a bit of a risk.

100 million sharks killed globally each year. 100 million. The Great Whites are probably getting bigger as they've got less competition for food as we slaughter their cousins with mindless abandon. Far greater rate of destruction than recovery rates and I read a report a few months ago that suggested close to 10% of shark species are killed each year.

Humans really are rotten c*nts.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 23 Aug 2022, 11:48 am

100 million sharks killed globally each year. 100 million. The Great Whites are probably getting bigger as they've got less competition for food as we slaughter their cousins with mindless abandon. Far greater rate of destruction than recovery rates and I read a report a few months ago that suggested close to 10% of shark species are killed each year.

Yes they are. Not just murdering sharks but basically anything that moves. Makes me feel ill.

What really angers me every year (around Christmas) is the sickening trend of people here crowding into the Fish Market (a monopoly run by one family who make millions over a few days) and buying disgustingly large quantities of seafood... most of which never gets eaten and is simply thrown out or left to rot. What gives these people the right (besides the dodgy licence they can cover in an hour of sales) to r*** the oceans of everything and anything that swims in there? We have a family policy - never to go to that place. But of course it is very popular with just about everyone else.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 23 Aug 2022, 11:57 am

Pal Joey wrote:

Yes they are. Not just murdering sharks but basically anything that moves. Makes me feel ill.

What really angers me every year (around Christmas) is the sickening trend of people here crowding into the Fish Market (a monopoly run by one family who make millions over a few days) and buying disgustingly large quantities of seafood... most of which never gets eaten and is simply thrown out or left to rot. What gives these people the right (besides the dodgy licence they can cover in an hour of sales) to r*** the oceans of everything and anything that swims in there? We have a family policy - never to go to that place. But of course it is very popular with just about everyone else.

That is grim but good on you for not going.

Shark fin soup is the worst. Fins cut off, shark, still living is thrown back in the sea to slowly drown. All for nothing. What sort of individual can do that. Sickens me.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 23 Aug 2022, 12:11 pm

Yeah, was thinking of that too with the northern Pacific comment above.

I saw some horrible things on the streets of Saigon.

Witnessed an unforgettable action of a woman casually chopping a live eel (or water snake?) into segments with each part still flapping on the bench. It happened so quickly... only a few seconds... as I was passing by on the back of a taxi bike (looking towards the wrong side of the street obviously) but unfortunately there was also not enough time to turn away from the slaughter. You can't 'un-remember' those things.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 23 Aug 2022, 12:20 pm

Sorry Miss Jackson, I am four eels. Never meant to make your daughter cry, I am several fish and not a guy.

That just popped into my head, apologies, but, yes humans are generally a bunch of greedy pricks.

Glad everyone is alive and well.

My mate has now successfully completed his move to Sydney now, Peej, if you see a bald, bespectacled, ginger guy who looks a bit like the guy from "Salvage Hunters" say hi and make him welcome for me. I know Australia is a small place where everyone bumps into each other all the time.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 23 Aug 2022, 12:28 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:Sorry Miss Jackson, I am four eels. Never meant to make your daughter cry, I am several fish and not a guy.

That just popped into my head, apologies, but, yes humans are generally a bunch of greedy pricks.

Glad everyone is alive and well.

My mate has now successfully completed his move to Sydney now, Peej, if you see a bald, bespectacled, ginger guy who looks a bit like the guy from "Salvage Hunters" say hi and make him welcome for me.  I know Australia is a small place where everyone bumps into each other all the time.

l*l
I'll keep an eye out for him. Is he in the legal profession? The bloke from Salvage Hunters looks like he runs a whole Government Department.
Surely your mate is not dabbling with antiques... is he?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 23 Aug 2022, 12:32 pm

Shark fin soup for lunch.

Glad LiW is hanging on. Losing him so soon after Rowley, Shah and Dave would be most upsetting.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 23 Aug 2022, 12:33 pm

Nah, he is an accountant for some medical firm, he does look like a civil servant o be fair.

He has quite a broad Bradfordian accent so you may hear him before you see him, people in Bradford can whisper across a ten acre field (as the saying goes around here)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 23 Aug 2022, 12:38 pm

Galted wrote:Shark fin soup for lunch.

C*nt.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 23 Aug 2022, 12:42 pm

C*nt.

Don't worry, I don't finish the whole bowl. Just a couple of spoons then I empty into the sink.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 23 Aug 2022, 12:45 pm

Galted wrote:

C*nt.

Don't worry, I don't finish the whole bowl. Just a couple of spoons then I empty into the sink.

I tend to use a plastic straw to drink mine, then wrap the leftovers in wet wipes and flush them down the toilet.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 23 Aug 2022, 12:57 pm

Galted wrote:

C*nt.

I p*ss in my my sink.

Ask rIck. He knows.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 23 Aug 2022, 1:06 pm

Galted wrote:

C*nt.

I p*ss in my my sink.

Ask rIck. He knows.

He does, can confirm.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 24 Aug 2022, 10:22 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:
Galted wrote:

C*nt.

I p*ss in my my sink.

Ask rIck. He knows.

He does, can confirm.

That means that Tino is quite tall, unless he stands on the counter to do so.

Should make him easier to spot when next I visit the shire.

Fist.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 24 Aug 2022, 10:55 am

Sicond.

I just hope he clears the washing up first

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 24 Aug 2022, 11:06 am

I used to live in a houseshare and the alcoholic landlord would stay with us from time to time. He once chucked up over a sinkful of dishes and then grew increasingly irate over the ensuing days that no-one bothered with the washing up.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 24 Aug 2022, 11:09 am

He chucked up over a sinkful after having a skinful. Marvellous.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Galted likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 25 Aug 2022, 9:02 am

Fist.

Don't want to alarm everyone but it has been raining in London.  So far, thank the Lord, I haven't got wet though it's been most distressing watching the bins being put out as the people doing so are soaked.

I'll keep you posted on any updates.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 25 Aug 2022, 9:25 am

I Bin Sicond

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 25 Aug 2022, 9:43 am

Update:

It's not good news, I'm afraid. The bins have been emptied and returned to the various bin stores but, as I was leaning over the balcony to watch them being towed past, I received some rain to the back of the head. Managed to get to a towel quickly enough to avoid any prolonged discomfort but the damage had been done.

Be careful out there.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 25 Aug 2022, 9:44 am

Pal Joey wrote:I Bin Sicond

Bit disappointed that you think this is an appropriate time for puns, PJ.

I doubt you have any idea how dangerous nature can be, living in Australia.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 25 Aug 2022, 10:10 am

Galted wrote:

Dangerous nature is my business, Galted.

What's the towing all about?

Is this the order of events for bin collection:

You leave your rubbish in a (random?) bin in the bin store. Or just toss it down the chute.
The truck arrives and they wheel the bins out (or put them on a trailer when full) and empty them.
They then put all the empty bins back on the trailer to take them back to the bin store? Is that how it works?

Obviously it's not personalised with your apartment number printed on the bin so getting them mixed up is not an issue. But they (the Garbologists) just have to make sure they return the same number of bins to the correct bin stores for each apartment building. Is that how it works?

Sorry... even though I lived in a high rise apartment I forgot how it works. I just used to drop stuff down the rubbish chute and then disappear down the corridor as quickly as possible... before the loud "BANG!".

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 25 Aug 2022, 10:29 am

Absolutely gushing here.

Raining pretty hard as well.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 25 Aug 2022, 10:31 am

Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:

Dangerous nature is my business, Galted.

What's the towing all about?

Is this the order of events for bin collection:

You leave your rubbish in a (random?) bin in the bin store. Or just toss it down the chute.
The truck arrives and they wheel the bins out (or put them on a trailer when full) and empty them.
They then put all the empty bins back on the trailer to take them back to the bin store? Is that how it works?

Obviously it's not personalised with your apartment number printed on the bin so getting them mixed up is not an issue. But they (the Garbologists) just have to make sure they return the same number of bins to the correct bin stores for each apartment building. Is that how it works?

Sorry... even though I lived in a high rise apartment I forgot how it works. I just used to drop stuff down the rubbish chute and then disappear down the corridor as quickly as possible... before the loud "BANG!".

Impressive knowledge, PJ.

We don't have a chute, which is lucky for the cat.

There's a bin store in the basement of each building.  The rubbish is collected on Tuesdays and the recycling Thursdays.  The bins are attached to each other lengthways and towed to the collection area next to the road by a little man in a little vehicle.  Once they've been emptied they're towed back in similar fashion.

I don't know if the bins are marked for certain stores, or if they just go by amount or use some form of sorcery, but it makes for gripping viewing.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 25 Aug 2022, 10:31 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Absolutely gushing here.

You having your bins collected as well?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 25 Aug 2022, 10:39 am

Is your (Osama) bin laden?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 25 Aug 2022, 10:41 am

Trust Julius to mecca pun out of a serious matter.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 25 Aug 2022, 10:44 am

Galted wrote:Trust Julius to mecca pun out of a serious matter.

Yes, it islam entable.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 25 Aug 2022, 10:46 am

Galted wrote:

If so, he better bring them back in soon.

Here, when we had the great deluge of rain, they left some of the bin lids open so when I went to wheel them back from the nature strip there was a soup slurry of scum and whatever bacteria was living on the inside of the bin sloshing around when I went to move it. About 3-5 litres worth in pretty quick time.

I had to tip it all down into the roadside gutter which was already carrying loads of street debris in the torrent of water. Tiny shards of glass, minute fragments of plastic, sweet wrappers, used tissues, plastic straws, bird feathers, the tops of take-away drink containers, twigs and small branches, unlucky insects... and all of that was just from my red bin. I'll leave the rest up to your imagination - if you've still got any.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 25 Aug 2022, 10:55 am

Galted wrote:

No. That is a Monday Galted. I told you that when I was on holiday. Please try to listen.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 25 Aug 2022, 11:17 am

Galted wrote:

No. That is a Monday Galted. I told you that when I was on holiday. Please try to listen.

I get a bit confused with your bins, Super's and my own.  Plus PJ's bin puns, and Julius's.

It's not very f*cking easy.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 25 Aug 2022, 11:25 am

Not even moist here.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 26 Aug 2022, 9:05 am

Moist now, fist.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 26 Aug 2022, 9:54 am

Glorious in the Home Counties, riCK. Dry and sunny.

The racists residents in my village will be outside the little cafe moaning about the heat again. The heat and brown people.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 26 Aug 2022, 10:06 am

Light cloud but a nice day so far. As someone who lives in a old 4 bed house with 4 of us at home fuel prices are going to be bad.

Still, had a recruitment agent chasing me yesterday (it's a shame, great job on paper, but too far away and the job ad on the website of the company has key phrases in CAPS - apparently they PLAY BIG etc). Then had a message from a guy who runs a company doing my kind of stuff who employs someone I know through working with him in the past - so will be having a chat next week. I also have an interview this afternoon with someone with the same name as me (it is not me - I already gave myself a job). Strange times.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 26 Aug 2022, 10:16 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Glorious in the Home Counties, riCK. Dry and sunny.

The racists residents in my village will be outside the little cafe moaning about the heat again. The heat and brown people.

LOL out loud.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 26 Aug 2022, 10:31 am

We've got some really important and tough decisions coming up this winter with the soaring energy costs. Either feed the children or keep the business running.

Does anyone want to buy a dress?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 26 Aug 2022, 10:57 am

I see Will and Kate are having to move into a little cottage, so it's not just us suffering from the increase in energy prices.

Hope LiW finds a company of BALLERS and BLUE SKY THINKERS.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 26 Aug 2022, 11:56 am

Galted wrote:I see Will and Kate are having to move into a little cottage, so it's not just us suffering from the increase in energy prices.

Hope LiW finds a company of BALLERS and BLUE SKY THINKERS.

Better. They are built on INFINITE THINKING.

Seriously they are a big company doing great things, but they should probably either change the person who writes their job ads, or at least encourage them to spend time out in the real world.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next