The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland 6N lookahead

+37
Mcsweens
takethelongroad
Dollar Bill
cakeordeath
Heuer27
Heaf
formerly known as Sam
hugehandoff
Recwatcher16
geoff999rugby
RiscaGame
Mr Bounce
alive555
Duty281
Old Man
mikey_dragon
Oakdene
TJ
sensisball
BigGee
mountain man
No 7&1/2
EWT Spoons
NeilyBroon
Tramptastic
demosthenes
Hazel Sapling
funnyExiledScot
RDW
tigertattie
jimbopip
neilthom7
TheMildlyFranticLlama
Collapse2005
bsando
George Carlin
Highland Shaun
41 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Scotland 6N lookahead  - Page 8 Empty Scotland 6N lookahead

Post by Highland Shaun Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:54 am

First topic message reminder :

Results in aggregate this year for the national team were:

5 February 2022 - Scotland 20–17 England
12 February 2022 - Wales 20–17 Scotland
26 February 2022 - Scotland 17–36 France
12 March 2022 - Italy 22–33 Scotland
19 March 2022 - Ireland 26–5 Scotland
2 July 2022 - Argentina 26–18 Scotland
9 July 2022 - Argentina 6–29 Scotland
16 July 2022 - Argentina 34–31 Scotland
29 October 2022 - Scotland 15–16 Australia
5 November 2022 - Scotland 28–12 Fiji
13 November 2022 - Scotland 23–31 New Zealand
19 November 2022 - Scotland 52–29 Argentina

P 12 W 5 L 7
Erm

Highland Shaun

Back to top Go down

Scotland 6N lookahead  - Page 8 Empty Re: Scotland 6N lookahead

Post by BigGee Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:24 am

Stern Vern is back in town and seems to be happy. Playing most questions with a very straight bat though in this Offside Line article!

WITH his imposing frame, glassy-eyed stare and no-nonsense approach to the business of coaching a rugby team, he came to be known as Stern Vern Cotter round these parts during his three years as Scotland coach between the summers of 2014 and 2017. Fair, amenable but not exactly cuddly.

It was the same man who met the Scottish press yesterday afternoon, but a conspicuously more relaxed version (still not cuddly) – which is perhaps what happens when you move out of the Murrayfield bubble and end up the head coach of the Fijian national team, where love of the game rather than corporate messaging is the central philosophy.

Having overseen a period of steady and tangible progress, which included Scotland coming within a questionable refereeing decision of reaching the 2015 World Cup semi-finals, the New Zealander is sure of a warm reception at Murrayfield this weekend.

Many in Scottish rugby believe Cotter was moved on prematurely so that Gregor Townsend could take over as national team head coach five years ago, and more than a few will argue that bringing him back to help reinvigorate the side ahead of next year’s World Cup in France wouldn’t be a terrible idea.

But the man himself is in a different head space. He enjoys splitting his time between Fiji and the family farm in New Zealand’s Bay of Plenty, he is enthused by the talent he sees coming through the new Drua Super Rugby franchise, and clearly relishes the challenge of helping make a supremely talented group of players overcome the odds to be genuinely competitive against the top teams on the planet.

Cotter is very obviously enjoying being back in Scotland, but he straight bats away any suggestion that a more permanent return to the country through reinstatement in his old job might be desirable for either party.

“It is the old saying in life of ‘never say never’ – but it is highly unlikely,” he says. “I’ll definitely come back to Scotland to go fishing and hunting in the Highlands, or to catch up with some friends, but professionally … rugby-wise … things have moved on.”

“I have some really good memories from here, for myself and my family,” he adds. “I am catching up with friends this week who I haven’t seen for a couple of years which is always very nice. As soon as I got out of the airport at Edinburgh it was so familiar. I was back in Scotland but coaching another team, but it is nice to be back.

“I’m heading down to the Borders tomorrow. I’m going to go shoot some clay birds. I’ve got half a day, so I’ll go get some fresh air, have a bacon and egg sandwich, and talk about the old days. It is funny how the years go past – it flies by so quickly.”

Cotter and Finn Russell started the Scotland sections of their careers on the same day, against the USA during the summer of 2014, and he confirms that he finds the mercurial stand-off’s exclusion from this Autumn’s Test series a real head scratcher.

“I can’t speak for anybody else, but I’m surprised given the player he is and what he’s contributed to Scottish rugby, it has been very good,” said the 60-year-old. “But that’s not my issue and if he’s not playing against us then that’s one less threat we have to worry about.

“We had a great relationship with Finn. I really enjoyed Finn. That was that era, there’s another one now,” he adds, when pressed on whether he ever found Russell hard to work with in the same way as Townsend clearly does.

Townsend’s problems with Russell must seem trivial to Cotter, who has to contend with having access to his overseas based players (over half his squad) for only very short periods of time on a very occasional basis during the course of a regular year, and this week he has had to contend with the extra disruption to his planning caused by Teti Tela, the only dedicated stand-off in his squad, losing his passport in France before flying to Edinburgh on nSunday night, meaning he didn’t arrive in the Scottish capital until Wednesday evening.

“We get to the airport on Sunday, and he goes: ‘I can ‘t find my passport’. And I say: ‘No, that’s a joke, mate!’,” explained Cotter. “So, he hauls everything out of his bag, rings the hotel, rings the bus. Doesn’t know where it is. He had to get a train from Toulouse up to Paris, he is a New Zealand passport holder so had to apply for an emergency passport. He has got it and coming this afternoon.

“It is incredibly frustrating when you want to drive a high-performance environment and you don’t have enough time together to get to the standard we want,” Cotter adds, referring to the general challenge of coaching Fiji. “We have to be very patient as we have the World Cup next year when we will have time.

“It’s the way it is. How we maximise our time at the moment to get the most out of it is the key.

“We have some great games coming up against Scotland, Ireland and the French Barbarians, so we’ll use those, then our European-based players will go back to their club, and we’ll be feeding them information through the guys I’ve got placed up here to go to the clubs and talk to them.

“We’ll get everyone together when Super Rugby finishes at the end of June, and then we’ve got three weeks to even it out, and then we go.

“We have three games in Fiji. I think we play Japan, Uruguay and Samoa, then shift to France. We have a game against France, a game against England, then go home and come back to France two weeks before our first match against Wales.”

As for Saturday’s match, Cotter is keen to manage expectations, and is at pains to stress that it is an early step in the journey he has described above.

“They do come together very quickly as they are so close, but you have our first five-eighth who lost his passport in France not with us [at the moment], you have visa issues, we didn’t get everybody with us until Monday night, and we have two injuries from a Sunday night game when Toulouse played Bordeaux,” he says.

“We effectively have two training sessions together before we play at the weekend [Tuesday and Wednesday], but on the positive side it is great for us to be given these two Tier One games [against Scotland this weekend and Ireland next weekend] before the World Cup. This is a great thing for us. It should just be a training run for them, but we will get something out of it.

“We want a performance where we can say we got the ball to the outside channels, beat defenders, and scored points. We don’t want to walk off the paddock saying we didn’t really do that. Hopefully we can get a chance to have a go.

“The theme is easy: you’ve got to dominate the structure to play unstructured rugby … we like unstructured rugby, it comes naturally. But you can’t do that if you don’t dominate the structure.

“It’s the fundamentals of the game. You can’t hide from having a decent set-piece, being able to be effective at ruck, and being able to keep the ball for multiple phases. So that is what we are focusing on.”

Interestingly, there are no players in the current Fijian squad who have become available under World Rugby’s new three-year stand-down law, with Cotter explaining that his focus is on helping promote the Fijian Drua franchise, which had its first Super Rugby campaign earlier this year.

“Seta Tamanivalu played for the All Blacks and he played for Fiji in July, but other than that … I want to encourage growth on the island because they’ve never had a professional pathway,” he reasons. “It has always been a scout come from Rugby League in Australia or Racing in France to pick up a guy and put him in their academy. Now our coaches are identifying young players because they have to with a professional team that needs a supply of players. So, I’ve enjoyed that part of it.”

In contrast, Scotland are actively embracing the new rule as a means of circumnavigating failures in their own development pathway. Jack Dempsey completed the switch from Australia to Scotland when he made his debut in the dark blue last weekend, and Townsend has confirmed that he is actively tracking other players who could make a similar move.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:59 pm

Alas, reading that reinforces the idea that it was stupid to drop him 5 years ago. That last part in particular about structure to earn the right to play unstructured rugby is the basic stuff we are sorely missing.

Meanwhile we have a head coach who seems to have abandoned any plan in attack, a team without a kicker, relying unfairly on someone who doesn't kick for their club and a set piece that isn't functioning (in fairness to Toonie I'm more surprised and disappointed that dalziel has done such a poor job).

I really hope Fiji give us a hard game. Hell, if they win at least it'll finally dispel the smoke and mirrors created by Toonie. Given the position of relative advantage Scotland have, anything less than a dominant win is sub par.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:48 pm

Lots of rumours now that Finn will be brought back for the ABs.

I'd be surprised, but you never know!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:20 pm

jimbopip wrote:I have a nasty feeling that we could very well be on here next week weeping and wailing over another loss. Sad

Toonie will start with Blairhorn. He needs more time playing at 10 for Scotland if he's to be in our WC squad. To drop him after that penalty miss would be cruel and possibly very damaging to his psyche. haircut Hastings will probably bench with the "In case of emergency break glass " label on his forehead. I fully expect a queue of Fijian forwards waiting to run at Blairhorn until he gets yellow carded for neck high tackles.

Some players joining the squad will most likely go into the 23 so they don't go straight into the All Blacks game; Hogg, Harris, Gray, Hastings are pretty much definites. Ashman, Bayliss, Redpath and Dempsey could all feature.
Will Toonie rest players who played against Oz and should be starting against the Blackness? Shooey, Ragnar, GG, Mbawza, Matt Fagerson, Hamish and Aldi Price?

1. Bhatti (Sutherland)
2.Turner (Ashman)
3. Nel (Walker)
4. big Ritchie
5. Ickle Jonny (Young)
6. Crosbie (Haining)
8. Dempsey
7. Bayliss
9. Hornito (White)
10. FECC (Hastings)
11.Duhan
12.Redpath
13.Harris
14.ADHD Kid
15. Hogg (Smith)

This post was pretty much ignored earlier in the week. I reckon it won't be too far off the XV picked. Big Vern is doing a good job of saying Fiji have no chance whatsoever Headscratch but I'm thinking he's playing mind games there.

jimbopip

NeilyBroon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:22 pm

I'd bet tattie's left nut that you're not even close with that pack.

Is Crosbie even in the squad...?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:27 pm

RDW wrote:I'd bet tattie's left nut that you're not even close with that pack.

Bet me something that gets used once in a while . Like FES's blow up-wipe clean-life size Suella dolly.

jimbopip

funnyExiledScot, RDW and George Carlin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:09 pm

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/rugby-union/finn-russell-praised-by-scotland-coach-and-there-are-regular-conversations-with-gregor-townsend-3901995

Finn gets a mention in despatches in the press conference this week. The mood music certainly sounds good for a return to the squad.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/rugby-union/this-is-no-last-waltz-for-richie-gray-as-he-makes-scotland-return-and-eyes-rugby-world-cup-3903582

They also have Big RG down as a starter this saturday and fancy him going all the way into the WC squad.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:31 pm

jimbopip wrote:
jimbopip wrote:I have a nasty feeling that we could very well be on here next week weeping and wailing over another loss. Sad

Toonie will start with Blairhorn. He needs more time playing at 10 for Scotland if he's to be in our WC squad. To drop him after that penalty miss would be cruel and possibly very damaging to his psyche. haircut Hastings will probably bench with the "In case of emergency break glass " label on his forehead. I fully expect a queue of Fijian forwards waiting to run at Blairhorn until he gets yellow carded for neck high tackles.

Some players joining the squad will most likely go into the 23 so they don't go straight into the All Blacks game; Hogg, Harris, Gray, Hastings are pretty much definites. Ashman, Bayliss, Redpath and Dempsey could all feature.
Will Toonie rest players who played against Oz and should be starting against the Blackness? Shooey, Ragnar, GG, Mbawza, Matt Fagerson, Hamish and Aldi Price?

1. Bhatti (Sutherland)
2.Turner (Ashman)
3. Nel (Walker)
4. big Ritchie
5. Ickle Jonny (Young)
6. Crosbie (Haining)
8. Dempsey
7. Bayliss
9. Hornito (White)
10. FECC (Hastings)
11.Duhan
12.Redpath
13.Harris
14.ADHD Kid
15. Hogg (Smith)

This post was pretty much ignored earlier in the week. I reckon it won't be too far off the XV picked. Big Vern is doing a good job of saying Fiji have no chance whatsoever Headscratch but I'm thinking he's playing mind games there.

To be honest a loss to Fiji isn't that far off reality. Also I think I'm at the stage where I wouldn't mind. Hopefully it'd do for Toonie what Tonga did for Robinson (and I liked Robinson for all his shortcomings!)

NeilyBroon

jimbopip likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:48 pm

NeilyBroon, as someone who has visited the Rec can you give us some recommendations for the December trip?
Watering holes obviously, but also somewhere decent for a pre match breakfast.
Ta.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:32 pm

Depends on the kind of thing you're looking for!

Bath brewhouse is good if you're into beers, there's a tiny pub called the old green tree which is all wood panelling and ales. All the standard choices too being right next to the town centre, to be honest the stadium has a pretty good selection of bath ales (and a wine bar obviously, being Bath).

Breakfast wise not sure, there's a couple of lovely cafes on the bridge but they will be potentially rammed on game day.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:38 pm

Thanks Neily, we're staying in Broad St so it's pretty central. I'll check out the brewhouse and Green Tree. Though experience tells me a solid full English is essential before a 1pm kick off.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:43 pm

The Boater is near the ground and a decent boozer. Outdoor beer garden too. Busy on matchdays obviously.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:48 pm

Thanks Flounder, although I think you've probably spent too long in the Penal Colony: outdoor beer garden? in December Shocked

Roaring fireside and spiced ale for me pre match.
Roaring greeting possibilty of jail post match. if Glasgow lose.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:12 pm

Any idea when team is being announced?

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:28 pm

NeilyBroon wrote:Depends on the kind of thing you're looking for!

Bath brewhouse is good if you're into beers, there's a tiny pub called the old green tree which is all wood panelling and ales. All the standard choices too being right next to the town centre, to be honest the stadium has a pretty good selection of bath ales (and a wine bar obviously, being Bath).

Breakfast wise not sure, there's a couple of lovely cafes on the bridge but they will be potentially rammed on game day.

Been to Bath once and had a good pub meal down a Georgian alleyway somewhere in town and an excellent curry at Yak Yak Yeti (I think that was what it was called).

bsando

NeilyBroon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:43 pm

bsando wrote:

Been to Bath once and had a good pub meal down a Georgian alleyway somewhere in town and an excellent curry at Yak Yak Yeti (I think that was what it was called).

Certainly no shortage of nice spots, it's why it's one of the best places to go for a game!

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:54 pm

https://www.theoffsideline.com/scotland-v-fiji-not-so-stern-vern-cotter-embraces-return-to-old-stomping-ground/

Nice article on Vern Cotter. Sounds like his Fiji side are going to be pretty loosely prepared for this one with their standoff losing his passport on the way over, whoops! No excuses for Scotland losing this one really.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:41 am

Apparently we've lost our Cherry but have Chuckles.

jimbopip

George Carlin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:14 am

[quote="NeilyBroon"]Any idea when team is being announced?[/quote

It was 15.30 last time out, so looks like it is heading the same way

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:35 am

15. Stuart Hogg (Exeter Chiefs) 93 caps
14. Darcy Graham (Edinburgh Rugby) 30 caps
13. Chris Harris – Vice Captain – (Gloucester Rugby) 36 caps
12. Cameron Redpath (Bath Rugby) 2 caps
11. Duhan van der Merwe (Edinburgh Rugby) 20 caps
10. Adam Hastings (Gloucester Rugby) 26 caps
9. Ali Price (Glasgow Warriors) 55 caps

1. Pierre Schoeman (Edinburgh Rugby) 13 caps
2. George Turner (Glasgow Warriors) 28 caps
3. Zander Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors) 51 caps
4. Richie Gray (Glasgow Warriors) 67 caps
5. Grant Gilchrist – Vice Captain – (Edinburgh Rugby) 56 caps
6. Jamie Ritchie – Captain – (Edinburgh Rugby) 33 caps
7. Hamish Watson (Edinburgh Rugby) 52 caps
8. Matt Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors) 25 caps

Replacements

16. Ewan Ashman (Sale Sharks) 4 caps
17. Rory Sutherland (Ulster Rugby) 20 caps
18. Murphy Walker (Glasgow Warriors) uncapped
19. Jonny Gray (Exeter Chiefs) 69 caps
20. Jack Dempsey (Glasgow Warriors) 1 cap
21. Ben White (London Irish) 6 caps
22. Blair Kinghorn (Edinburgh Rugby) 35 caps
23. Sione Tuipulotu (Glasgow Warriors) 8 caps

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:39 am

Well, not too many complaints about that team.

Very glad, if a little surprised to see hastings start, but he is the form FH.

We finally get to see the Redpath/Harris centre combo, which is probably our strongest lineup. Bennett unlucky but Tuipootu just got that added versatility for the bench spot.

Walker gets a run off the bench and Dempsey gets another crack. We might also see both Gray brothers in tandem for Scotland, has that happened before?

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:41 am

bsando wrote:

Well there's not many of them in Bath so it should be easy to find.
Apart from getting the front row wrong, 22 of my 23 are there on saturday. oh yeah

jimbopip

bsando likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:44 am

Decent enough side, glad to see Hastings given a run. Hopefully if he puts in a performance Toonie may consider him for more than 10 minutes off of the bench for the rest of the series.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:46 am

BigGee wrote:Well, not too many complaints about that team.

Very glad, if a little surprised to see hastings start, but he is the form FH.

We finally get to see the Redpath/Harris centre combo, which is probably our strongest lineup. Bennett unlucky but Tuipootu just got that added versatility for the bench spot.

Walker gets a run off the bench and Dempsey gets another crack. We might also see both Gray brothers in tandem for Scotland, has that happened before?

Yes. In fact i am sure they both scored in the same match. At home against the Pumas. Or Fiji. Or maybe they didn't. I'm deliberately adopting the government's U-turn to prosperity approach.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:00 am

Lets hope Hastings shows us something because what I have seen him do for Scotland in the past I would have him behind Kinghorn in the pecking order. I just do not get what folk see in him

He dithers then gets caught in possession. I bet he gets caught in possession 3 times in this match because for what ever reason the play is not on and he dithers

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:07 am

I remember Hastings doing a brilliant job at 15 (was that against England?) And did well to cover for Finn one six Nations when he was out for a bit. I think he's improved a lot since his last Scotland showing which, let's face it, was nearly 2 seasons ago!

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:13 am

Aye - he is a decent 15.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:46 am

I may have switched Dempsey and Fagerson for this one, but otherwise that's pretty much what I'd have picked from this squad.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:06 am

jimbopip wrote:

Bet me something that gets used once in a while . Like FES's blow up-wipe clean-life size Suella dolly.

Oi. Leave my nut alone.

And my god jimbo, your post gave me the boak
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Recwatcher16 Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:45 am

jimbopip wrote:
bsando wrote:

Well there's not many of them in Bath so it should be easy to find.
Apart from getting the front row wrong, 22 of my 23 are there on saturday. oh yeah

Rugby pub without the tourists will be the Pulteney Arms, a younger rugby crowd The Pig & Fiddle, older rugby crowd The Salamander, posh crowd Hall & Woodhouse, civilised crowd The Crystal Palace. Take your pick !
Breakfast cafes are too many to mention.

Recwatcher16

NeilyBroon and jimbopip like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:46 am

jimbopip wrote:Apparently we've lost our Cherry but have Chuckles.
Basically the story of my married life.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

funnyExiledScot and jimbopip like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:09 am

jimbopip wrote:

I'm actually still using the Liz Truss one. I like to repeatedly yell "going for growth" as I go to town on it....

funnyExiledScot

BigGee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:57 am

Back to the rugby

Because quite Franky I’m getting the heave here!!!

That’s as good a backline as we could put out except for always slow Ali

Hopefully Redpath can help get the ball to the wings and FB. Harris isn’t actually too bad at passing, does it more for Gloucester than he does for Scotland so he can do it. But Redpath will be the difference I think. Another option to get the ball wide instead of the bashers we’ve had at 12 recently.

The forwards should have a better time at the breakdown that Fiji so let’s see what happens.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:55 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:
jimbopip wrote:

I'm actually still using the Liz Truss one. I like to repeatedly yell "going for growth" as I go to town on it....

vomit tell me that is a metaphor for cunnilingus vomit

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:47 am

https://www.theoffsideline.com/scotland-v-fiji-townsend-backs-the-best-of-rivals-to-push-each-other-on/

So Toonie pretty clear that FR not coming back to play the ABs. That has to be a sensible decision really unless one of Hastings/Kinghorn gets injured. It would just come across as a complete cave in otherwise.

He was very open in his courting of Finn Smith though, which is surprising in so much as he is doing it so openly. Gave a pretty strong hint that he could be coming into the squad for the 6N in fact.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:57 pm

I line that team. The backline has a real balance to it - given that every other player you'd class as an attacking player, it makes sense to have a 13 like Harris still in there.

Really really hope that 10-12-13 axis go well.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:30 pm

If it doesn't then Shona can come on at 13. He has looked much more dangerous there than at 12 so far this season.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:55 pm

Watching the Gloucester-exeter game there was some nice interplay and understanding between Hastings and Harris, hopefully they can replicate that on the international stage.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:22 pm

jimbopip wrote:If it doesn't then Shona can come on at 13. He has looked much more dangerous there than at 12 so far this season.

Still not sold on shona at international level. Dropping that ball 5 yards from the line against oz was criminal!

For me, Bennett is a far more classy player, just needs someone at 12 who will give him the ball

Tramptastic

Location : Edinburgh via Rockcliffe/Dalbeattie/Dumfries/The Wickerman Festival

Back to top Go down

Post by hugehandoff Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:22 am

Fiji Team
Forwards
1 Eroni Mawi
2 Sam Matavesi
3 Manasa Saulo
4 Temo Mayanavanua
5 Ratu Leone Rotuisolia
6 Albert Tuisue
7 Levani Botia
8 Viliame Mata
Backs
9 Frank Lomani
10 Vilimoni Botitu
11 Vinaya Habosi
12 Kalaveti Ravouvou
13 Waisea Nayacalevu (Captain)
14 Setareki Tuicuvu
15 Kini Murimurivalu
Replacements
16 Tevita Ikanivere
17 Livai Natave
18 Luke Tagi
19 Apisalome Ratuniyarawa
20 Kitione Kamikamica
21 Peni Matawalu
22 Teti Tela
23 Sireli Maqala

Excuse my ignorance but I do not know many of these players? This lineup appears to be missing many household names and just wondering why? Radrada, Tuisova etc Hope it is not yet another example of the Fiji players not being able to afford to play for their country?

hugehandoff

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:26 am

I thought Cotter had said in an interview he was concentrating on players who play in fiji. Seems odd not to have some of the big names there

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:48 am

NeilyBroon wrote:Watching the Gloucester-exeter game there was some nice interplay and understanding between Hastings and Harris, hopefully they can replicate that on the international stage.

Interesting view. I too watched the game and saw Hastings do very little bar get caught in possession and get turned over at 74 mins - but Hastings hardly got a pass all game. Ickle Jonny was good and Harris excellent Hogg a decent game.

I hoped to see what you all see in Hastings but didn't but as above - he hardly saw the ball

https://youtu.be/1UsjDkWfs4I

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:49 am

Radrada is long-term injured.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:51 am

Well, that’s the fear setting in already.

You staying up for it flounder?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:03 pm

tigertattie wrote:Well, that’s the fear setting in already.

Nah - far less stressful watching it after knowing the result!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:02 pm

RDW wrote:Radrada is long-term injured.

Thank God is all I can say. I know that Chris Harris is supposed to be an amazing defender, but I honestly think Radrada is one of the best 13s I've ever seen. Were he Welsh they'd rename the country after him.

Predictions?

Scotland 35 - 21 Fiji

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:15 pm

https://drua.rugby/player/kalaveti-ravouvou

This guy has some pretty tasty highlights on youtube. Owns three horses and herds cattle on his farm back in Fiji!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHePI0MfNvY&ab_channel=Rugby.com.au

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:24 pm

Predictions for the Autumn international predictor game have been extended until 1pm today. Good luck!

https://www.606v2.com/t70868-autumn-internationals-predictor

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:48 pm

RDW wrote:
tigertattie wrote:Well, that’s the fear setting in already.

Nah - far less stressful watching it after knowing the result!
That's my usual move as well, particularly during the 6N. It's the disappointment that rips off your family jewels and tosses them to the hounds.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:10 am

Dunno what the TMO is doing but the Scottish 4 is bound round the neck of the Fijian forward for that try. Ridiculous that, that isn't a penalty.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next