The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh 29 - Buckfast & Bollinger

+32
Oakdene
mikey_dragon
Pot Hale
Kingshu
Welshmushroom
Maine man
TheMildlyFranticLlama
Pete330v2
Anglobraveheart
LeinsterFan4life
TJ
EWT Spoons
formerly known as Sam
EST
Mad for Chelsea
NeilyBroon
Collapse2005
demosthenes
RiscaGame
Mcsweens
Hazel Sapling
Heuer27
doctor_grey
Tramptastic
sensisball
funnyExiledScot
tigertattie
jimbopip
bsando
BigGee
RDW
George Carlin
36 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 29 - Buckfast & Bollinger - Page 14 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh 29 - Buckfast & Bollinger

Post by George Carlin Sat 17 Dec 2022, 7:11 am

First topic message reminder :

29 threads. There is officially something wrong with us.

https://www.606v2.com/t70624p1000-glasgow-and-edinburgh-28-and-counting-the-banter-goes-on?ns=7ndk62cdm0w%3D#4069230

Last edited by George Carlin on Sat 17 Dec 2022, 12:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 29 - Buckfast & Bollinger - Page 14 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 29 - Buckfast & Bollinger

Post by BigGee Sat 08 Apr 2023, 9:27 pm

Good response from Glasgow, who come back to life and Zanfer fagerson riolls over from a short ruck

21-7 Glasgow

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh 29 - Buckfast & Bollinger - Page 14 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh 29 - Buckfast & Bollinger

Post by BigGee Sat 08 Apr 2023, 9:55 pm

Well Glasgow weather a sticky patch and put the game to bed with another slick try from Tom Jordan

31-14 Glasgow

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 08 Apr 2023, 9:58 pm

Lions get a quick one back but still a 10 point gamw with 3 mins to go

31-21 Glasgow

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 08 Apr 2023, 9:59 pm

Rory Darge MoM

Hard to argue with that

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 08 Apr 2023, 10:01 pm

Full time

31-21 Glasgow

Off to Wales for a semi in Llaneli we go!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuer27 Sat 08 Apr 2023, 10:26 pm

Well I’m not going to lie.  That was pretty poor from Glasgow. The unforced errors and cheap penalties will really hurt them as they get to the sharp end of both the cup and URC. The last ten mins were a bit of a car crash tbh.

Heuer27

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 08 Apr 2023, 10:31 pm

It's knock out rugby, the only important thing is to win!

We never really looked like losing it!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 08 Apr 2023, 11:41 pm

Great win Glasgow! Question now is can they keep competing on both fronts particularly when he's not known for squad rotation

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 08 Apr 2023, 11:52 pm

RDW wrote:Great win Glasgow! Question now is can they keep competing on both fronts particularly when he's not known for squad rotation

Not known for rotation?

He is worse than Toonie ever was!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuer27 Sun 09 Apr 2023, 9:04 am

Yes it is. If you managed to catch the after match stuff with Ryan Wilson though he was expecting a full swing from the coaches come Monday at review time.
It wasn’t great and simple skills and temperament let them down. Defence was great but it needed to be because they kept letting the lions off the hook with silly mistakes. Jordan’s refusal to tap and kick at half time a prime example of this..
If I was coaching them, they would be getting the mark 1 excocet.

Heuer27

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sun 09 Apr 2023, 2:00 pm

BigGee wrote:Full time

31-21 Glasgow

Wonder if it has to be neutral and then might be Cardiff rather than Llanelli?

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 09 Apr 2023, 2:44 pm

RiscaGame wrote:

31-21 Glasgow

Wonder if it has to be neutral and then might be Cardiff rather than Llanelli?

That would suit me much better, but I don't think it is the case

We would have been expecting to be at home if Clermont had beaten Scarlets.

It has got the makings of a really good game, Scarlets are going to be very tough to beat at home.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sun 09 Apr 2023, 5:23 pm

Ah so it’s not a thing. Ah well. Enjoy your trip to the Wild West.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 09 Apr 2023, 5:35 pm

Yes is confirmed now

Sat 29th April at 17.00 Parc y Scarlets

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcsweens Sun 09 Apr 2023, 6:09 pm

I had an enjoyable afternoon at Goldenacre watching Heriots S6 take on Edinburgh A. Watching that standard of game and more to the point those collisions, up close, was literally breath-taking at times.

Jamie Hodgson is a mountain of a man at close quarters - an absolute unit. Glen Young not far behind. The result was never in doubt, but credit to Heriots for making it competitive. Their hooker and scrum half was very good. Good to see some internationals past and present in the crowd too, indeed I was sitting beside Iain Milne on one side and some lovely yummy mummies on the other.

Credit to Heriots for putting on a decent burger too - always an important component of the day. Goldenacre must be, on a sunny spring day, one of the most understated beautiful grounds in Scotland, with the castle and the old town spires in the background.

Happy Easter folks.

Mcsweens

RDW and BigGee like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcsweens Sun 09 Apr 2023, 6:14 pm

31-21 Glasgow

It goes without saying that a semi in Llanelli sounds inviting but is not a done deal, especially at my age.

It's the obvious remark but "Ambition is critical" as they say in Swansea

Mcsweens

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Mon 10 Apr 2023, 10:06 am

Great win on Saturday, it felt like we were going to win but could not put them away.

Away at Scarlets will be a tough test, particularly as it might be the only way for them to extend their season. If we beat them at home this coming weekend, it is almost certain we are locked into fourth and can rest a number of players against Connacht. A rest week could be critical as we hit the decisive games of the season.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 10 Apr 2023, 10:19 am

Mcsweens wrote:I had an enjoyable afternoon at Goldenacre watching Heriots S6 take on Edinburgh A. Watching that standard of game and more to the point those collisions, up close, was literally breath-taking at times.

Jamie Hodgson is a mountain of a man at close quarters - an absolute unit. Glen Young not far behind. The result was never in doubt, but credit to Heriots for making it competitive. Their hooker and scrum half was very good. Good to see some internationals past and present in the crowd too, indeed I was sitting beside Iain Milne on one side and some lovely yummy mummies on the other.

Credit to Heriots for putting on a decent burger too - always an important component of the day. Goldenacre must be, on a sunny spring day, one of the most understated beautiful grounds in Scotland, with the castle and the old town spires in the background.

Happy Easter folks.

The A teams.being involved will be a useful Barometer of the actual standard of Super 6. Edinburgh scratched together a team where half the players had Edinburgh gametime this season and ran out comfortable winners without having to try too hard. I'm impressed Heriots kept it so close as it literally looked like men v boys in the pack.

Glasgow meanwhile put out fewer regular pros and lost comfortably.

Shame the A teams are only playing a few games in the Super 6, bit it's a start at least.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 10 Apr 2023, 6:17 pm

Well we were all suspecting it, but now ifficially confirmed

Ryan Wilson to leave Glasgow at the end of the season, 33 years old and 13 seasons at Scotstoun. It has been quite a shift.

There have clearly been ups and downs on the way but he has matured into a real leader and probably the main driver of standards at the club over the past years.

He will be remembered very fondly at Glasgow and will surely move into a media career now, which he seems born to do.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Hazel Sapling likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Mon 10 Apr 2023, 8:20 pm

Harley last season, Wilson this one. He was slowing down and there are younger players needing minutes in Brown, Gordon and (if retained) Miller and Mann.

Great club servant following the Batman incident. Overmatched as an international and no way would he have got 50 caps for any of the other home nations, but he got the most out of his abilities and did not take a backwards step in what was (and still somewhat is) a nice guys pack.

Wilson seems to have followed the Hamilton school of being a nuisance (polite version) and probably will follow a similar route into the media.

Hazel Sapling

BigGee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 10 Apr 2023, 10:22 pm

Fair play Wilson - every other club hates him (particularly Munster!) But every club would also love someone like him.

Hell of a shift!

I think the best Ryan Wilson moment was 3 or 4 years ago where Glasgow had a glut on injuries during international period and he played something like 12 games in a row with his body strapped together. Great commitment.

RDW
Founder
Founder

bsando likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 11 Apr 2023, 9:31 am

Everyone's favourite faux Cockerney gobsh!te - god bless Ryan Wilson.

Ably took the mantle from Kellock as the guy who leans on rucks, winces and then shouts 'come on, boys'.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 11 Apr 2023, 1:38 pm

George Carlin wrote:Everyone's favourite faux Cockerney gobsh!te - god bless Ryan Wilson.

Ably took the mantle from Kellock as the guy who leans on rucks, winces and then shouts 'come on, boys'.

steam thumbsdown warning

GC! Come on. I remember in his early days Batman being stretchered off and getting the gurney to stop so he could give a thumbs up to his family in the stands and then insisting that the hospital staff had the radio tuned to BBC Scotland so he could hear the commentary while his broken bones were being shunted back into place. Match commentary not a commentary on the surgery. Obvs  picard

Also, his latest injury; we were behind the try line, at the Rec, and he was crocodile rolled about 60 metres away and we heard the scream. He got onto his good leg and limped into the defensive line and hopped there until the next break in play. One part of me was marvelling at his courage and the other, sensible,  part was saying, "Lie down you stupid bugger." When we asked Meatball how he was after the game the reply was, "it looks a sore yin. Ryan wouldn't go of if it wasn't. He's nuts, so you know it's bad if he goes down."

He is/was a true Warrior and I shall miss him.

Strange to think that all fifteen starters from the tile decider against Munster will have gone when he leaves. Meatball and Chuckles were on the bench that night: I wouldn't put money on both of them seeing in next season either.
If Meatball is tired of rugby he could sign for the Luvvies. oh yeah

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 11 Apr 2023, 6:26 pm

I echo the Ryan Wilson sentiments. An outstanding club man, much like Rob Harley. Shouldn't really have a Scotland cap, let alone 50, but I always liked his attitude and feist.

He reckons he's got another season or two in him. Good luck I say. Japan might work for him, if his family can hack it.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 12 Apr 2023, 8:15 am

jimbopip wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Everyone's favourite faux Cockerney gobsh!te - god bless Ryan Wilson.

steam thumbsdown warning

GC! Come on. I remember in his early days Batman being stretchered off and getting the gurney to stop so he could give a thumbs up to his family in the stands and then insisting that the hospital staff had the radio tuned to BBC Scotland so he could hear the commentary while his broken bones were being shunted back into place. Match commentary not a commentary on the surgery. Obvs  picard

Also, his latest injury; we were behind the try line, at the Rec, and he was crocodile rolled about 60 metres away and we heard the scream. He got onto his good leg and limped into the defensive line and hopped there until the next break in play. One part of me was marvelling at his courage and the other, sensible,  part was saying, "Lie down you stupid bugger." When we asked Meatball how he was after the game the reply was, "it looks a sore yin. Ryan wouldn't go of if it wasn't. He's nuts, so you know it's bad if he goes down."

He is/was a true Warrior and I shall miss him.

Strange to think that all fifteen starters from the tile decider against Munster will have gone when he leaves. Meatball and Chuckles were on the bench that night: I wouldn't put money on both of them seeing in next season either.
If Meatball is tired of rugby he could sign for the Luvvies. oh yeah
I'm just kidding. You have to be properly mental for Glasgow fans to love you that much and he's been amazing club servant. He's kind of the Andy Goode of Scottish rugby. Never was very great as a player, but we love to hear him talk.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 12 Apr 2023, 8:49 am

In fairness, i don't think you get 50 international caps without being a decent player.

There were always Scottish back tows who were on paper better than RW but often they hsd a penchant for being injured or not turning up for games.

Ryan Wilson did always turn up and gave it 110%, which is why various Scottish coaches kept picking him.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

bsando likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 14 Apr 2023, 3:29 pm

Ospreys are coming up pretty stacked. They don't have an open-side in their 23, but it is a role that Morgan Morris can play.

Ospreys: Iestyn Hopkins; George North, Michael Collins, Keiran Williams, Luke Morgan; Owen Williams, Rhys Webb (capt); Gareth Thomas, Dewi Lake, Tom Botha, Adam Beard, Alun Wyn Jones, Rhys Davies, Dan Lydiate, Morgan Morris.

Replacements: Sam Parry, Nicky Smith, Tomas Francis, Huw Sutton, Ethan Roots, Reuben Morgan-Williams, Gareth Anscombe, Max Nagy.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Fri 14 Apr 2023, 9:34 pm

I love the comments during the Scarlets game about Wilson " an utter pest" with a chuckle.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 15 Apr 2023, 11:19 pm

We saw a different Edinburgh tonight, they played really well.

Darcy Graham was electric and Kinghorn had a very assured game at FH.

To little to late unfortunately but hope for the next season I guess.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

bsando likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Sun 16 Apr 2023, 10:44 am

Have I got it right that Glasgow finish 4th no matter what. They can't catch Stormers in 3rd and Munster can't catch them.

If so then the Connacht make is really a dead rugby as the result will not effect Glasgows position. I guess Glasgow will five all the 1st team players the week off, to be fresh for Challange Cup Semi, possible Final and then URC playoffs.

So what sort of team should you be expecting Glasgow to put out, and Thier Chances V Connacht.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 16 Apr 2023, 11:13 am

Yes 4th for Glasgow and likely playing Munster, who look well set for 5th.

I imagine Franco will still mix and match a bit next week as well. That seems to be his style and a few starters had this week off in any case.

Either way we likely won't see our strongest team till the knockouts start.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Kingshu likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 16 Apr 2023, 2:51 pm

Duncan Taylor got the first red card of his career against Northampton which ultimately cost his team - great match though:

George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Sun 16 Apr 2023, 2:53 pm

Glasgow guaranteed 4th (Munster can't win tiebreak of games won) and need a win with a bonus point as well as Stormers to get nothing at home to Benetton to move to 3rd. 99% chance of finishing 4th

For all intents and purposes, Munster will be our opponents. Connacht and the Bulls could overtake them if Munster leave the Sharks with nothing and they win but chances are it will be Munster.

In terms of playing Connacht, I would like to see Franco incorporate Fraser, Walker, one of Williamson/Samuel and Brown. They have not seen much gametime this year and are key to the future. Kebble, after being messed around with the conversion to TH, was an excellent LH and could do with getting some confidence for next season as well.

Hazel Sapling

Kingshu likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 17 Apr 2023, 9:36 am

Morning Peeps Hug , as you know one of my recurring themes (almost to the point of being a trope) this season has been me watching the Luvvies, intent on supporting the "other Scottish side" and switching off in disgust when they fail to deliver yet again.
Well...I watched them obliterate the O's and it was the most annoying and disappointing performance of them all.
How can a team be utter dross all season and then, when the pressure is off and it means nothing turn in a performance like that and not be ashamed of themselves???? furious
Really. It's like Liz Truss opening a corner shop and every year showing her accounts live on the Six O'clock news and registering yet another record profit, all the while singing "We're in the money". It's like Boris Johnson setting up as a marriage guidance councillor and the national divorce rates halving. Or Fes Towers becoming a workers co-operative and his parlour maids registering as a PLC in the British Virgin Isles.
Looking good at the end of a dreadful season, when there is nothing to play for, is just an insult to those poor unfortunate souls who paid to suffer the slapstick of the previous 16 rounds.
Well, that's off my chest and I can breathe more easily. As Mrs tigertattie has been known to say.

The big question though... will this be Glasgow's season of two semi's? If so is that good enough?
It looks like we'll be away to the Ladyboys in the URC. We'll most likely lose but as long as it's not the shambles that ended last season then I suppose it's an improvement.Mind, it is mathematically possible we can get the Bulls in the semi: I would watch that with Caz The Quiet Bokkie. That would be "interesting".
Scarlets away will be very difficult. However, defeat there will feel like a failure.
So, two semi final defeats? Is that a reasonable season?
Or avoid the Ladyboys and then have two finals? Which would probably be a very good season regardless of the results.

Either way it's better than watching a bunch of serial underachievers rub their fans noses in it by beating up everyone's favourite pensioner and 14 other welsh blokes.

jimbopip

RDW and George Carlin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 17 Apr 2023, 9:51 am

I don't think either Munster at home nor Scarlets away are in any way easy games for us, so I am not looking past the quarter finals in either comp.

Go back to Benetton at the beginning of the season and some of the dross we played last year, we would have grabbed 2 quarter finals with open arms and been delighted if that was our level in what was meant to be a recovery and building year for us.

Yet as Jimbo implies that would seem a bit of a damp end to the season for us if it were to fall that way now.

Despite the fact that we keep winning, some of our performances recently have left some questions that are only going to be answered with a big name win in a knock out match, which will ultimately show us just where we are at the moment. We are going to need to put some full 80 minute performances in over the next few weeks, which we have not really seen so far, but I anm a little comforted to know that we have not really had our best team out yet and the rotation of the squad has been sensible so we are not going in with a knackered team as has happened in the past.

It will be an interesting few weeks coming up.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 17 Apr 2023, 9:59 am

BigGee wrote:I don't think either Munster at home nor Scarlets away are in any way easy games for us, so I am not looking past the quarter finals in either comp.

Go back to Benetton at the beginning of the season and some of the dross we played last year, we would have grabbed 2 quarter finals with open arms and been delighted if that was our level in what was meant to be a recovery and building year for us.

Yet as Jimbo implies that would seem a bit of a damp end to the season for us if it were to fall that way now.

Despite the fact that we keep winning, some of our performances recently have left some questions that are only going to be answered with a big name win in a knock out match, which will ultimately show us just where we are at the moment. We are going to need to put some full 80 minute performances in over the next few weeks, which we have not really seen so far, but I anm a little comforted to know that we have not really had our best team out yet and the rotation of the squad has been sensible so we are not going in with a knackered team as has happened in the past.

It will be an interesting few weeks coming up.

I'll have a stab at mine; Shocked

Bhatti-Turner-Ragnar Berghan-Mattews-McBeth

Gray-Cummings Groot-Squaddie

Fagerson-Dempsey-Darge Big Shona

Hornito House Elf (post Lions malaise for Aldi Sad

Miotti Jordan

Wee Shona
Shug

Seaman-Smith-Seba

All fit and firing that's the side that would start against Scarlets for me. With the General there is no point looking beyond the next battle.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 17 Apr 2023, 10:09 am

No major disagreement there Jim

I expect that Dobie would probably start on the wing if Canciliere is not fit. Hopefully he will get s run out agsinst Connacht this weekend.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

jimbopip likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Mon 17 Apr 2023, 11:13 am

BG, the Scarlets game is a semi-final

Pretty happy with that side Jimbo for Scarlets. I would think Forbes, the specialist back-three player should start on the wing if Cancelliere is not ready to go rather than a scrum half masquerading as a wing.

Hazel Sapling

BigGee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 17 Apr 2023, 11:27 am

Hazel Sapling wrote:BG, the Scarlets game is a semi-final

Pretty happy with that side Jimbo for Scarlets. I would think Forbes, the specialist back-three player should start on the wing if Cancelliere is not ready to go rather than a scrum half masquerading as a wing.

Indeed it is!

So a semi and a quarter would be even better and yes, we do hope for more than that!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 18 Apr 2023, 11:13 am

BigGee wrote:
Hazel Sapling wrote:BG, the Scarlets game is a semi-final

Indeed it is!

So a semi and a quarter would be even better and yes, we do hope for more than that!

I constantly tell Mrs GC that a semi is nothing to be scorned. Certainly not at my age.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Oakdene likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Wed 19 Apr 2023, 2:20 pm

McInally latest to announce his retirement. A great servant to Scotland and Edinburgh over the years, off to pursue his other passion of flying.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Wed 19 Apr 2023, 9:30 pm

Good for him, he’ll be a great pilot. Bit of a shame we didn’t get him back to his best form but he had a great few years as Scotland’s no.1 hooker. His mini break against England in 2018 and his solo try a year later were big moments for him. A great success story for a player who converted to hooker.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 19 Apr 2023, 10:22 pm

Aye he's definitely had a great career, all the more remarkable that it came with a significant positional change. If he'd timed his peaks in form better he definitely would have been in the conversation for a Lions tour.

He's certainly not been the same player in recent years and had a few injuries - no real surprise he's bowing out.

Strange he didn't announce it before the last home game as he definitely deserved an individual sendoff.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Thu 20 Apr 2023, 8:17 am

With Glasgow being assured of 4th place, I guess you guys will rest a lot of your starting XV in preparation for next week against us?

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 20 Apr 2023, 8:28 am

Oakdene wrote:With Glasgow being assured of 4th place, I guess you guys will rest a lot of your starting XV in preparation for next week against us?

One would hope so. Very Happy

lso, there is an outside chance that The Craggy Islanders, if they win, could piss on Munster's chips. That would not upset too many Glasgow fans.

jimbopip

Oakdene likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Thu 20 Apr 2023, 8:34 am

jimbopip wrote:
Oakdene wrote:With Glasgow being assured of 4th place, I guess you guys will rest a lot of your starting XV in preparation for next week against us?

One would hope so. Very Happy

lso, there is an outside chance that The Craggy Islanders, if they win, could piss on  Munster's chips. That would not upset too many Glasgow fans.

I think we will do the same against the Dragons.

Haha that would be brilliant, I've never liked Munster!

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 20 Apr 2023, 5:54 pm

Judging by the players kn the A team, plsying on friday night against Stirling, Franco does not look likd he is going soft against Connacht.

To be honest, I would not want him to, if you have got a winning habit, then hang on to it.

His only concern will be what is his strongest team for the knockouts and several players still in the fight for spots in that team.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 20 Apr 2023, 6:02 pm

I am going to miss this one live as I am up in Sunny Inverness (and it is actually surprisingly sunny) for the Etape Loch Ness on sunday.

I have passed through Inverness a few times, but never really spent any time here, but what a charming little place it is.

After the long drive up from London, we have spent a relaxing day walking along the riverside and visiting the lovely botanical gardens. I even gave Highland rugby club a quick scan (next door to the gardens)

An old friend of mine played for Highland for a couple of seasons when he lived in Ness and gave me a club rugby shirt, which I still have. I always recognise their colours when I see them.

The club looks very good, a new clubhouse and a 4G pitch in pristine condition. I think Glasgow may have played a warm up game here at the start of the season.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Thu 20 Apr 2023, 9:08 pm

I lived near Inverness for over three years. Beautiful place. Played Highland frequently for three seasons too. I liked their little setup, but had gathered it had changed when I took my wife to Loch Ness, last year.

There are a lot of lovely places just outside Inverness too, like a few of the beaches/towns on the way to Lossiemouth (Nairn, Findhorn and Lossie itself). Also the other way like Beauly etc. I do miss living there.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 20 Apr 2023, 9:36 pm

RiscaGame wrote:I lived near Inverness for over three years. Beautiful place. Played Highland frequently for three seasons too. I liked their little setup, but had gathered it had changed when I took my wife to Loch Ness, last year.

There are a lot of lovely places just outside Inverness too, like a few of the beaches/towns on the way to Lossiemouth (Nairn, Findhorn and Lossie itself). Also the other way like Beauly etc. I do miss living there.

Brilliant to hear.

I am going to do the Inverness - Beauly - Drumnadrochit loop tomorrow morning to get the car journey out of my legs before the full Etape on sunday.

I have done Drumnadrochit - Beauly the other way round when I did Lands End - JOG a few years back, it envolves a very step hill, which fortunately I'll be coming up on the gentler side this time.

We can't get over how quiet it is up here, other than the squawking seaguls at 4am. They talk about the quality and intensity of the light in the highlands and it is true, sunglasses required at 21.00!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next