The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Political round up.............

+21
Galted
Soul Requiem
the-goon2
TRUSSMAN66
dummy_half
JDizzle
navyblueshorts
Lowlandbrit
Mind the windows Tino.
Luckless Pedestrian
lostinwales
Pr4wn
GSC
JuliusHMarx
Samo
BamBam
No name Bertie
Derek Smalls
mountain man
Duty281
superflyweight
25 posters

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Go down

Political round up............. - Page 4 Empty Political round up.............

Post by superflyweight Mon 24 Oct 2022, 5:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

Duty281 wrote:Sunak speaks for a grand total of 84 seconds and then scuttles away to get his orders.

Crackpot.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 4 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 19 Apr 2023, 5:14 pm

Feel free to check this out...

Yougov....Why did you vote Labour at the GE17....

28% The manifesto !!!......

28% of 13m......3 1/2 million people....Sure plenty of them voted Lib Dem in 2015....

EHRC ruled Labour broke the law in two cases...and that there was political interference in the handling of complaints,,,,,,,Dating back before and during Corbyn..

Labour had 600,000 members..

It was political...Zionists are prominent in both parties....

The Tories have had a problem with Muslims for years ask Tory peer Saheeda Warsi......But that is okay.....No need for the eHRC and its appointees to check that...

Like I said Sanders was a huge Antisemite for a while before it stopped working....and he was a Jew.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 4 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 21 Apr 2023, 1:44 pm

Chalk one up for Justice.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Pr4wn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 23 Apr 2023, 11:30 am

Will Labour finally kick out the dismal racist that is Diane Abbott after her latest remarks in a letter to the Observer?

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 24 Apr 2023, 1:23 am

She's already been suspended and she'll go through the process, I suppose. She's almost certainly gone.

Interesting how you only surface in UK politics when there's a non-Tory scandal of some kind. It's peculiar.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 24 Apr 2023, 8:19 am

Pr4wn wrote:She's already been suspended and she'll go through the process, I suppose. She's almost certainly gone.

Interesting how you only surface in UK politics when there's a non-Tory scandal of some kind. It's peculiar.
...and also not true.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Duty281 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon2 Mon 24 Apr 2023, 8:41 am

Can black ppl be racist to jews? Woke ideology would suggest no they can't.

the-goon2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 24 Apr 2023, 1:32 pm

Duty281 wrote:Will Labour finally kick out the dismal racist that is Diane Abbott after her latest remarks in a letter to the Observer?

Hope not.......After all she is the most racially abused parliamentaran and no one gave a c**p...

So they should stay consistent.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 24 Apr 2023, 1:40 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Will Labour finally kick out the dismal racist that is Diane Abbott after her latest remarks in a letter to the Observer?

Hope not.......After all she is the most racially abused parliamentaran and no one gave a c**p...

Presumably you mean by members of the public, not actual MPs. If actual MPs racially abused her they would be suspended and thrown out.

Labour does seem to have a continual racism problem. I see they quietly let that other racist MP, Rupa Huq, back into the party.

Are you a fan of Abbott?

Last edited by Duty281 on Mon 24 Apr 2023, 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 24 Apr 2023, 1:40 pm

the-goon2 wrote:Can black ppl be racist to jews? Woke ideology would suggest no they can't.

The distress call of the thwarted bigot.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Pr4wn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 24 Apr 2023, 1:48 pm

Duty281 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Presumably you mean by members of the public, not actual MPs. If actual MPs racially abused her they would be suspended.

Are you a fan of Abbott?

Not a fan of her no but Anti Semitism as horrendous as it is....seems to be the only form of racism that sees you get kicked out of a party....If you are a Muslim baiter no one cares.

Labour's victory at Batley and Spen was all about immigration and nudge nudge the Musllims are supporting Galloway.

Abbott is screwed because she is a lefty and they want her out.....You know that...We all do...

She wrote something she shouldn't and regretted it...Accept the apology....Blair killed half a million people in an illegal war and that's okay.

What times we live in....If a Tory had said it you wouldn't care !!! Political round up............. - Page 4 3845856932

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 24 Apr 2023, 1:57 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Presumably you mean by members of the public, not actual MPs. If actual MPs racially abused her they would be suspended.

Are you a fan of Abbott?

Not a fan of her no but Anti Semitism as horrendous as it is....seems to be the only form of racism that sees you get kicked out of a party....If you are a Muslim baiter no one cares.

Labour's victory at Batley and Spen was all about immigration and nudge nudge the Musllims are supporting Galloway.

Abbott is screwed because she is a lefty and they want her out.....You know that...We all do...

She wrote something she shouldn't and regretted it...Accept the apology....Blair killed half a million people in an illegal war and that's okay.

What times we live in....If a Tory had said it you wouldn't care !!! Political round up............. - Page 4 3845856932

'seems to be the only form of racism that sees you get kicked out of a party' - Evidently untrue.
'Abbott is screwed because she is a lefty and they want her out' - She's a racist, that's why she's out.
'She wrote something she shouldn't and regretted it' - She regretted being called out for her racism; she doesn't regret her views.
'Accept the apology' - Racism doesn't work that way. An apology doesn't absolve her.
'Blair killed half a million people in an illegal war and that's okay.' - Blair is the lowest of the low.
'If a Tory had said it you wouldn't care' - Completely false.

Duty281

the-goon2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 24 Apr 2023, 2:05 pm

Duty281 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Are you a fan of Abbott?

'seems to be the only form of racism that sees you get kicked out of a party' - Evidently untrue.
'Abbott is screwed because she is a lefty and they want her out' - She's a racist, that's why she's out.
'She wrote something she shouldn't and regretted it' - She regretted being called out for her racism; she doesn't regret her views.
'Accept the apology' - Racism doesn't work that way. An apology doesn't absolve her.
'Blair killed half a million people in an illegal war and that's okay.' - Blair is the lowest of the low.

Barry Sheerman a right wing Labour mp for Huddersfiled wrote an anti Jewish "Silver shekels" tweet and apologised (look it up)....

Didn't get admonished......Wonder why Abbott being a lefty is different.

You have a lot to learn about politics Duty my old friend.  But I'll be on here from time to time to educate you.. Hug

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 24 Apr 2023, 2:14 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Are you a fan of Abbott?

Barry Sheerman a right wing Labour mp for Huddersfiled wrote an anti Jewish "Silver shekels" tweet and apologised (look it up)....

Didn't get admonished......Wonder why Abbott being a lefty is different.

You have a lot to learn about politics Duty my old friend.  But I'll be on here from time to time to educate you.. Hug

I think taking an education from you would be a bit of a backward step if I'm honest.

Sheerman's comments were clumsy, not malicious, and there's a world of difference between the two. Besides which, Sheerman was talked into retirement as a result of the incident.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon2 Mon 24 Apr 2023, 3:19 pm

superflyweight wrote:
the-goon2 wrote:Can black ppl be racist to jews? Woke ideology would suggest no they can't.

Petty name calling, is that the extent of your intellectual capacity?

the-goon2

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon2 Mon 24 Apr 2023, 3:25 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Are you a fan of Abbott?

No Tory would say what she said because they tend not to be marxists. She has a marxist view on race, and is also an anti white and anti Jewish racist.

Remember she thinks Mao did more good than bad, only killed 80 odd million like.

the-goon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 24 Apr 2023, 4:49 pm

the-goon2 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

If I used woke as a pejorative I wouldnt be questioning anyone elses mental capacity tbh.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon2 Mon 24 Apr 2023, 5:10 pm

Samo wrote:
the-goon2 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

If I used woke as a pejorative I wouldnt be questioning anyone elses mental capacity tbh.

I didn't use as a pejorative, it's a description

the-goon2

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 24 Apr 2023, 5:56 pm

Companies are leaving the CBI just because they let a few sexual predators run around without sacking them. Don't you just hate this woke cancel culture?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

superflyweight and lostinwales like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 24 Apr 2023, 6:31 pm

the-goon2 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Are you a fan of Abbott?

No Tory would say what she said because they tend not to be marxists. She has a marxist view on race, and is also an anti white and anti Jewish racist.

Remember she thinks Mao did more good than bad, only killed 80 odd million like.

Lincoln killed 300,000 odd Confederates as well as burning Cities like Savannah and is regarded as the greatest President the USA has ever had...

Not in the South though...........Harry Truman's Mother in law wouldn't sleep in the bedroom Lincoln used in the White House...Still hated now.

52% of Republicans are Anti semitic according to the 2020 American Jewish Society poll.......AS is more prevalent on the right.

Just saying... thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 24 Apr 2023, 6:36 pm

'AS is more prevalent on the right' - but not in the UK. Labour have broken the law in this regard, no other party has.

Also worth noting that the poll you mention - 52% of Americans think the Republican Party holds some anti-semitic views (not 52% of Republicans are anti-semitic); with 42% of Americans thinking the same about the Democrat Party...so barely a difference.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 25 Apr 2023, 5:45 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
the-goon2 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Are you a fan of Abbott?

Lincoln killed 300,000 odd Confederates as well as burning Cities like Savannah and is regarded as the greatest President the USA has ever had...

WONT SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE POOR CONFEDERATES?!

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 25 Apr 2023, 7:48 am

Also, as nobody else has mentioned this already, Dominic Raab is a pathetic bully who deserves to be nowhere near the levers of power.

....and yet he ranks somewhere in the middle of this government in Muppet.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 25 Apr 2023, 8:21 am

Pr4wn wrote:Also, as nobody else has mentioned this already, Dominic Raab is a pathetic bully who deserves to be nowhere near the levers of power.

....and yet he ranks somewhere in the middle of this government in Muppet.
I'm not really a Raab fan, but we don't know what he was judged against. As far as I can see, he did what he said he would - resigned if any claims were upheld. I do think there's an issue re. one person's definition of what constitutes 'bullying' cf. another's. He clearly didn't think he'd 'bullied' anyone, else why commission that investigation himself?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 25 Apr 2023, 9:20 am

Nobody ever thinks of themselves as the villain
GSC
GSC

navyblueshorts likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon2 Tue 25 Apr 2023, 10:09 am

Duty281 wrote:'AS is more prevalent on the right' - but not in the UK. Labour have broken the law in this regard, no other party has.

Also worth noting that the poll you mention - 52% of Americans think the Republican Party holds some anti-semitic views (not 52% of Republicans are anti-semitic); with 42% of Americans thinking the same about the Democrat Party...so barely a difference.

Some interesting additional context to that poll regarding AS.

Truss, why didn't you provide this info? Why did it take Duty to go out there and find it? It really changes the framing you initially gave.

the-goon2

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon2 Tue 25 Apr 2023, 10:16 am

Samo wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
the-goon2 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Are you a fan of Abbott?

WONT SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE POOR CONFEDERATES?!

Do you actually think what Mao and Lincoln did are comparable? I mean to equate the 2 is so dishonest it's unbelievable.

the-goon2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 25 Apr 2023, 10:38 am

Duty281 wrote:'AS is more prevalent on the right' - but not in the UK. Labour have broken the law in this regard, no other party has.

Things aren't always true because you want them to be, Duty.

2017 report by the CAA...Campaign Against Antisemitism in conjunction with Yougov..

"Given certain Antisemitic tropes about Jewish people and asked if they agreed with them..blah blah blah"

Conservatives 40%
Labour...........32%
Lib Dem.........30%

Worth noting no one accused Corbyn and his party of being Antisemitic before he nearly took a surprised W in 2017.

Strange that..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 25 Apr 2023, 11:21 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Worth noting no one accused Corbyn and his party of being Antisemitic before he nearly took a surprised W in 2017.

That is hilarious with the amount of misinformation, outright lies, and polls you don't even understand the context of, that you post.

As I've already pointed out, Corbyn was accused of antisemitism before 2017, you just chose to ignore it.

Duty281

the-goon2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 25 Apr 2023, 12:33 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

2017 report by the CAA...Campaign Against Antisemitism in conjunction with Yougov..

"Given certain Antisemitic tropes about Jewish people and asked if they agreed with them..blah blah blah"

Conservatives 40%
Labour...........32%
Lib Dem.........30%

Strange that..
Not really. People tend not to go hunting the wacko opinions of people until, and unless, they reach significant levels of power. In any case, why wouldn't the party that was opposing Corbyn's go after such an obvious open goal?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon2 Tue 25 Apr 2023, 12:54 pm

Duty281 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

That is hilarious with the amount of misinformation, outright lies, and polls you don't even understand the context of, that you post.

As I've already pointed out, Corbyn was accused of antisemitism before 2017, you just chose to ignore it.

Mao and Lincoln, basically the same don't you know.

the-goon2

Duty281 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Tue 25 Apr 2023, 5:45 pm

With regard Diana Abbott, I think an MP should have the "whip withdrawn" if they are found to be incompetent, corrupt, or knowingly lying to the public (or house) rather than for "clumsy" or rather stupid language.  

I don't know the details of the Diana Abbott case but from what I gather from the headlines - in order exaggerate the claim of victim status for herself and her associated claimed group identity (past injustices in America and South Africa that had nothing to do with her as far as I know) she downplayed past injustices to other groups.  Maybe she should have had the "whip withdrawn" for excessive stupidity.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 25 Apr 2023, 5:54 pm

Duty281 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

I'm just a poor little Roxbury boy that doesn't understand things like context... Crying or Very sad

So I need your expert understanding to explain this to me....

JTA..."Jewish Telegraphic Agency survey 2021 finds Conservatives are more likely to hold Anti semitic views than Liberals... "....

Amazing how polls show the GOP are more Anti semitic in the US and the Tories are more Antisemitic over here...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 25 Apr 2023, 6:03 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

I'm just a poor little Roxbury boy that doesn't understand things like context... Crying or Very sad

JTA..."Jewish Telegraphic Agency survey 2021 finds Conservatives are more likely to hold Anti semitic views than Liberals... "....

Amazing how polls show the GOP are more Anti semitic in the US and the Tories are more Antisemitic over here...

Sure thing - the context of that poll is that it mostly polled people under 30.

You haven't yet produced a poll showing the GOP are more anti-semitic (not something I've disputed or hold a view on in any instance), or the Tories are more anti-semitic.

When Labour have actually broken the law on anti-semitism, and the Tories haven't, I'm not sure why you're looking to polls anyway.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 25 Apr 2023, 6:15 pm

Duty281 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Sure thing - the context of that poll is that it mostly polled people under 30.

You haven't yet produced a poll showing the GOP are more anti-semitic (not something I've disputed or hold a view on in any instance), or the Tories are more anti-semitic.

When Labour have actually broken the law on anti-semitism, and the Tories haven't,  I'm not sure why you're looking to polls anyway.

EHRA investigation was political........If it wasn't they would have investigated the Tories over Islamophobia as Baroness Warsi the Tory peer wanted...Much more fruit on the tree there....But the Establishment wanted to stop Corbyn..

The members of the EHRA were Centrists and Tories......and they only found two illegalities out of 600,000 members....

Wow a real hotbed of AS...

Last I heard the National Front/BNP were right wing and they were Hitler lovers......Agreeing with the "Final solution" or denying it existed..

Right ?? thumbsup

Or have I got the context wrong.... Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 25 Apr 2023, 7:10 pm

EHRC, not EHRA. If you're going to criticise them at least get their name right.

The establishment didn't want to stop Corbyn. Corbyn was the worst Labour leader in history, delivering them their biggest defeat in 80 years and failing to beat a useless May. No establishment needed to stop him. But love the delusion of Corbyn cultists who think that a grand conspiracy was necessary to defeat him.

Yes, two illegalities. Making two more than the Tories. Making Labour anti-semitic. (Actually three)

'The members of the EHRA were Centrists and Tories' - let's see if you can back up this claim with evidence.

Not sure where you're going with the National Front/BNP stuff. The BNP were economically left-wing, as it goes.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 26 Apr 2023, 9:48 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I'm just a poor little Roxbury boy that doesn't understand things like context... Crying or Very sad

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:...Last I heard the National Front/BNP were right wing and they were Hitler lovers......Agreeing with the "Final solution" or denying it existed...

Good grief. Tories != NF/BNP. Stop drawing false equivalencies. Nice try, but no cigar for you.

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:EHRA investigation was political........If it wasn't they would have investigated the Tories over Islamophobia as Baroness Warsi the Tory peer wanted...Much more fruit on the tree there....But the Establishment wanted to stop Corbyn..
Shock! Horror! Or, or, or...could it be...that there, maybe, perhaps, is another explanation than the one you have decided (FACT!) is the case? The FACT is that the EHRC found that Labour had acted unlawfully over discrimination and harassment. FACT. What the Tories did/do re. Islamophobia is neither here nor there re. this inconvenient FACT that you don't like OK.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 26 Apr 2023, 10:48 am

superflyweight wrote:

However clumsily stated the goon has a point, which is kind of linked to a lot of the behaviour of the further left parts of our political system. They are very keen to support various causes but tend to stick
to their own definitions of those causes. Hence racism is something done by white people to POC, other forms of abuse based on differences are only 'prejudice'. In Diane Abbott's case there is a good argument that the 'apology really doesn't help at all.

Diane Abbott has had a remarkable career and will always be listed in history as the first black female MP in the UK - but in recent years she has looked more and more foolish. The mojito thing was a complete non story and really poor of the media. The basic math failures was not a good look, and it is hard to think of anything she achieved in Corbyn's shadow cabinet. She was very typical of the majority of that group - seemingly appointed because of her history with Corbyn and shared political view rather than actual competency.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 26 Apr 2023, 12:52 pm

Diane Abbott thinks about Racism on Color lines......She regards anti traveller and anti Jewish views as prejudice..

As she has condemned Antisemitism on many occasions I find it hard to accuse her of being an Antisemite...

As the definition of Antisemitism is a hostility towards Jewish people....

Just anti left hysteria and Starmer sees a chance to get rid of someone that cares about Fair taxation....Public sector workers...The Environment and Social Justice..

All the foundations Attlee and other great Labour guys believed in that this Corporation backside licking Labour Party hate these days.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Wed 26 Apr 2023, 1:11 pm

David Cameron resigned like a child because he didn't get his way.   Boris Johnson resigned rather than being sacked (can't be sacked) having a vote of no confidence against him in Parliament for misleading statements about some sort of party.   Dominic Raab resigned his Cabinet Office rather than being sacked by Rishi Sunak over "bullying" allegations. Diane Abbott had the whip withdrawn.   There was some sort of kerfuffle over comments made by Naseem Shah but I don't recall the details (accusations of anti-semitism, an apology, some sort of training course attendance, no lasting problem).

No-one seems to get penalized for incompetence, corruption, knowingly misleading the public over consequential matters.   Bojo's partygate I think was insignificant but a proper inquest should have been had over possible misleading statements given to the public and the house over consequential matters because "once a liar always a ...."   However I suspect the Official States Secrets Act (or whatever it is called) was specifically developed to cover such backsides.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

navyblueshorts likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 26 Apr 2023, 2:36 pm

No name Bertie wrote:David Cameron resigned like a child because he didn't get his way.   Boris Johnson resigned rather than being sacked (can't be sacked) having a vote of no confidence against him in Parliament for misleading statements about some sort of party.   Dominic Raab resigned his Cabinet Office rather than being sacked by Rishi Sunak over "bullying" allegations. Diane Abbott had the whip withdrawn.   There was some sort of kerfuffle over comments made by Naseem Shah but I don't recall the details (accusations of anti-semitism, an apology, some sort of training course attendance, no lasting problem).

No-one seems to get penalized for incompetence, corruption, knowingly misleading the public over consequential matters.   Bojo's partygate I think was insignificant but a proper inquest should have been had over possible misleading statements given to the public and the house over consequential matters because "once a liar always a ...."   However I suspect the Official States Secrets Act (or whatever it is called) was specifically developed to cover such backsides.

Lying is factored in to Politics......Why these cretins are held in such low esteem.....

I'm not really bothered Boris had a party in his garden...Not really bothered Starmer did the same thing......

Plenty of people broke the "Embargo"..... devil

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 26 Apr 2023, 3:40 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
No name Bertie wrote:David Cameron resigned like a child because he didn't get his way.   Boris Johnson resigned rather than being sacked (can't be sacked) having a vote of no confidence against him in Parliament for misleading statements about some sort of party.   Dominic Raab resigned his Cabinet Office rather than being sacked by Rishi Sunak over "bullying" allegations. Diane Abbott had the whip withdrawn.   There was some sort of kerfuffle over comments made by Naseem Shah but I don't recall the details (accusations of anti-semitism, an apology, some sort of training course attendance, no lasting problem).

Lying is factored in to Politics......Why these cretins are held in such low esteem.....

I'm not really bothered Boris had a party in his garden...Not really bothered Starmer did the same thing......

Starmer didn't. That is the point

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 26 Apr 2023, 5:35 pm

lostinwales wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Starmer didn't. That is the point

That's right the Labour Police Commissioner he has just made his aide said he didn't.....Silly me.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 26 Apr 2023, 5:53 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Im sure you have evidence to back up that claim?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 26 Apr 2023, 5:59 pm

Samo wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Photographic evidence of Beer and sandwiches in a nice little gathering......When such gatherings were banned you mean ?.

You are a bright boy doesn't take long to look it up.......But like I said the LABOUR Commissioner who now has a top job with him says it wasn't a gathering....So what do I know....

Anyway my adopted club City destroying Arsenal awaits me as does a whinging Red head.....So adieu.. Political round up............. - Page 4 3559488474

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 26 Apr 2023, 6:11 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Samo wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Photographic evidence of Beer and sandwiches in a nice little gathering......When such gatherings were banned you mean ?.

You are a bright boy doesn't take long to look it up.......But like I said the LABOUR Commissioner who now has a top job with him says it wasn't a gathering....So what do I know....

Anyway my adopted club City destroying Arsenal awaits me as does a whinging Red head.....So adieu.. Political round up............. - Page 4 3559488474

Thats a lot of words when "No" would have done the same job.

Samo

Luckless Pedestrian and Pr4wn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 28 Apr 2023, 2:07 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65387801

Good analysis here of the upcoming local elections. Tories defending 3,363 of the 8,050 seats, but are actually polling better than the last time these seats were contested (May 2019; the nadir of May's tenure)...but that's more than cancelled out by Labour's sharp rise in support since 2019.

The Tories, who have bridged the gap to Labour in recent months but still trail by double digits, will try to keep their losses below 1,000. If their losses are 800+ it's fair to say they've had a bad night. Anything fewer and Sunak might be able to spin it.

But the key thing to watch will be Labour. Last year's local elections revealed a discontent with the current Tory party (485 losses), but with Labour's gains only being 108, and nearly being eclipsed by the Greens, there was a distinct lack of enthusiasm for Starmer's Labour, which doesn't augur well ahead of a General Election. Will this year be different?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 28 Apr 2023, 4:13 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Samo wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

It was fully investigated and the main issue seems to have been the guy who trespassed onto the property to take the questionable footage in the first place. Not quite the same as the habitual flaunting of the rules at no.10 that the Conservative government managed, rules that they had brought in themselves. It is the hypocrisy that really gets people upset.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

navyblueshorts and Galted like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 05 May 2023, 6:27 am

52/230 councils declared and the Tories already on -174 as of 6:25am. Labour and Lib Dems up 104 and 49 respectively, and Greens up 29.

Labour gain control of 2 councils while Tories lose control of 5 so far.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Fri 05 May 2023, 8:47 am

Labour will win big I think which is likely fore runner to General Election when it happens.

Assuming Labour do win GE, wonder how many strikes happen then....

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 05 May 2023, 10:40 am

Looks like a bad to very bad night for the Tories, but as last year Labour results not looking outstanding. Still a fair while to go, mind. Thought these comments by John Curtice were interesting:

Curtice told the BBC it was too early to draw firm conclusions. But he said three trends stood out.

"One, turnout is only slightly down on both 2019 and 2022, which at least is prima facie evidence against the argument that there was a significant loss of turnout as a result of the voter ID requirements.

Secondly, we cannot discern any relationship between the fall in turnout, such as it was, and the proportion of people who, according to the 2021 census, don’t have a passport in the areas, which is one indicator of the availability of the requirement for voter ID.

And, thirdly, we certainly can’t see any link between the extent to which turnout fell and how well or badly Labour did. In fact, if anything, Labour tended to do rather better in wards where turnout fell most, which certainly argues against the Conservative claim that Labour were simply doing better because their voters stayed at home. And equally [it] also argues against the Labour claim that they were going to be disadvantaged by the voter ID pilot."

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next