The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Political round up.............

+20
Soul Requiem
the-goon2
TRUSSMAN66
dummy_half
JDizzle
navyblueshorts
Lowlandbrit
Mind the windows Tino.
Luckless Pedestrian
lostinwales
Pr4wn
GSC
JuliusHMarx
Samo
BamBam
No name Bertie
Derek Smalls
mountain man
Duty281
superflyweight
24 posters

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Political round up............. - Page 13 Empty Political round up.............

Post by superflyweight Mon 24 Oct 2022, 5:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

Duty281 wrote:Sunak speaks for a grand total of 84 seconds and then scuttles away to get his orders.

Crackpot.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 13 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 12 Oct 2023, 3:40 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:So these 40 beheaded babies on the front of every broadsheet can't be verified..

So much for journalism.....6,000 deaths in the last ten years and 95% have been Palestinian......Despite Hamas not being a representation hundreds of thousands of people will have no water or electricity which is against international law.

The West moan about Russia breaking laws......Hypocrisy at its best.
One wonders whom such stories could possibly have benefitted. Hmm....
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 13 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 13 Oct 2023, 12:36 pm

Israel telling 1.1m Palestinians to move in 24 hours before they level more of the strip.....

Shame that some are too old or indisposed to move others like Nurses and Doctors too committed to sick patients to move....and where are they going to move to anyway....

So electricity has been cut and Babies on incubators are dying and other patients needing electrical equipment joining them......Kids starving....No water..

Complete breaking of article 33 of the Geneva Convention and a WAR crime.....

But it's okay no one is bothered because Israel are one of the good guys...

Russia however....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 13 Oct 2023, 5:24 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Israel telling 1.1m Palestinians to move in 24 hours before they level more of the strip.....

Shame that some are too old or indisposed to move others like Nurses and Doctors too committed to sick patients to move....and where are they going to move to anyway....

So electricity has been cut and Babies on incubators are dying and other patients needing electrical equipment joining them......Kids starving....No water..

Complete breaking of article 33 of the Geneva Convention and a WAR crime.....

But it's okay no one is bothered because Israel are one of the good guys...

Russia however....
Tend to agree, but equivalence w/ Russia not quite the same for me. Russia the aggressor from the start; Israel at least responding due to Hamas's actions. That said, not sure I have a lot of faith that a riled up, mainly semi-pro IDF is going to even care about the Convention that much. A lot of people are going to be watching what they do in the immediate future.

Curious to see what Nasrallah and his crew of thugs do if/when the IDF enters Gaza. Think I've seen it written/said somewhere recently that they'd view an armed incursion into Gaza by the IDF as a red line for them. If cooler heads don't get heard soon, the whole area could go up.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 13 Oct 2023, 5:32 pm

Very worrying times there. And, to be clear, both sides are at fault and Hamas has surrendered a lot of the moral high ground they once held. Kidnapping babies is abhorrent and no previous treatment by Israel justifies that.

With that being said, Israel has held Gaza under apartheid for generations. They've stifled debate by labelling criticism of this as antisemitism.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun 15 Oct 2023, 8:21 am

The horrors going on in Gaza (no , I don't have an easy answer to the question of "what should Israel do in response to that terrorist attack ?) tend to make other concerns pale somewhat...

But I am disappointed to see the (predictable , from polls : but still) total wipeout of the Referendum here in Australia aimed at enshrining an Aboriginal Voice as an advisory body to Parliament in the constitution. Rejected overwhelmingly in all states - arguably an even worse result than feared.

One can certainly have doubts about how effective the proposed change would have been in redressing indigenous disadvantage in this country ; and it is probably fair to say that there was altogether too much political point scoring around it and perhaps the "yes" case wasn't outlined clearly enough to convince the undecided. But the rejection of the symbolic gesture of recognition of First Nations people is bound to have a crushing effect on many... it's a sad day for the country in my view.
And if the likes of Lidia Thorpe and her "Blak Sovereignty" mob think killing this off will help her with her far more ambitious aims for treaties etc then I think she's on another planet.

Back to the drawing board. PM Albanese has a job ahead to retrieve something from the wreckage...

alfie

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Sun 15 Oct 2023, 5:20 pm

alfie wrote:.... disappointed to see the (predictable , from polls : but still) total wipeout of the Referendum here in Australia aimed at enshrining an Aboriginal Voice as an advisory body to Parliament in the constitution. Rejected overwhelmingly in all states - arguably an even worse result than feared. ...

.... the rejection of the symbolic gesture of recognition of First Nations people is bound to have a crushing effect on many... it's a sad day for the country in my view..... Back to the drawing board.

It should never have been put to a referendum but rather it should have been added to the constitution by means of some legal human rights justice avenue. How does one avoid the "Tyranny of the Majority" when it comes to human rights and ancestral rights of a minority that are the remnants of a much maligned and "genocided" indigenous people.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 17 Oct 2023, 2:55 pm

At least we know we where we are after the last week.....Genocide and War crimes are okay if you like the People doing it...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 18 Oct 2023, 1:02 pm

Israel tell all these brave Doctors and Nurses to get out of a Hospital the same day as it gets levelled killing 500+.....

and it was Hamas that did it......apparently....ok. thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 18 Oct 2023, 2:39 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Israel tell all these brave Doctors and Nurses to get out of a Hospital the same day as it gets levelled killing 500+.....

and it was Hamas that did it......apparently....ok. thumbsup

Do some research

1) Film of a rocket breaking up after launch nearby
2) Film of site today in daylight showing very little damage in region of explosion
3) The believe it or not intelligence from the Israelis

End result small rocket or part of rocket fell into the carpark with fuel exploding. No idea how many dead, and we shouldn't undervalue the actual number but it was definitely not 500 or anything like it. Damage to the hospital minimal and a small number of wrecked or burnt out cars.

Both sides played this at different points last night but it is clear the cause was a failed rocket launch by one of the Palestinian militia groups. The IDF are responsible for plenty of bad things but not this.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Duty281 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 19 Oct 2023, 11:26 am

On the brightside Biden stayed awake and didn't pee in his pants on his visit to Israel....

On the downside we find out he was actually born in Israel and has disqualified himself from the Presidency..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 19 Oct 2023, 11:28 am

Two by-elections today.

One in Mid Bedfordshire, Dorries' old seat, where the Tories are defending a 38% majority. The Tories are actually very narrow favourites to retain this seat, at odds of 10/11, with Labour at 6/4, and the Lib Dems also in with a shout at 11/2. It might be a case of Labour/LD getting in each other's way as both have campaigned heavily in this seat. There was a poll conducted, albeit it's a month old, and it found the Tories and Labour were tied on 29%, with the Lib Dems on 22%.

A victory would be great relief for Sunak, however if it does happen it might heighten the importance of tactical voting in order to get the Tories out at the next GE, so it could end up being a long-term setback for the Tories if they do win.

The other by-election is in Tamworth, Pincher's old seat (remember him?!). The Tories are defending a 42% majority in this one, but with no Lib Dems getting in the way, Labour are strong favourites to overturn that majority - currently 1/4 favourites, the Tories at 16/5.

Labour still have a comfortable lead nationally, somewhere between 12 and 23 percent, but it has decreased with some polling companies in recent weeks.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Thu 19 Oct 2023, 12:12 pm

It seems to me that British Democracy currently boils down to one of two choices:
a) The Tory Party
b) Not the 'Tory Party' Party
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 19 Oct 2023, 5:09 pm

After a long time with the same party in government it's usually:
a) The party in government party
b) Not the 'party in government' party

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Pr4wn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 20 Oct 2023, 4:35 am

Labour win both by-elections withs swings of over 20%.

Tamworth was majority Tory by 19k, Mid-Beds by 24k. Big scalps for Labour.

Tories facing a wipeout, think Sunak will want to get it over and done with before the New Year.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 20 Oct 2023, 9:12 am

Trussman wrote: Can't believe useless twonk Starmer won two by-elections overcoming massive Tory majorities in both.... Corbyn earned those Tory majorities the hard way in 2019.... 'Sir Keith' has just thrown all his work away....  only won because he condemned Hamas and Putin.... not a real Labour leader....

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 20 Oct 2023, 9:17 am

Tamworth was closer than expected, but Bedfordshire was a great result for Labour.

As said, Bedfordshire may not turn out to be the worst result for the Tories because it won't shine a light on tactical voting. If the Tories had got over the line here then it would have thrown into sharp focus the need for Lab/LD to make a pact in certain seats.

What is in sharp focus is the Reform party. If you add the Reform vote to the Tory vote then the Tories win both by-elections, and Reform are currently sitting at around 4-8% in the national polls. This is a vote that needs to be squeezed and marginalised by the Tories, otherwise it may cost them in certain constituencies.

I'd be very surprised if Sunak wants to get it over + done with. Quite the opposite. Losses here means he's probably going to wait on calling a GE for as long as possible, in the (increasingly desperate) hope of turning it around, like how John Major waited a long time before calling the 1997 GE. And Sunak still has a majority (352 seats total?) so can still get stuff done in Parliament. The GE is meant to be held in autumn 2024, this is when the Tories are currently preparing for, but it doesn't have to be held until mid-January 2025, if Sunak really wants to hold out.

Last edited by Duty281 on Fri 20 Oct 2023, 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 20 Oct 2023, 10:19 am

Just waiting for the 'Dr.Death' nickname to gain more traction.

I actually think Sunak will hold on as long as possible as others have mentioned, if his party lets him - but there is another major factor that should help to derail him, or would if the media was a little less devoted. That is the Covid inquiry. Eat out to help out has been mentioned but I suspect they will go into it in more detail in the coming weeks and I don't think Sunak will come out of it looking well. He's already basically refused to hand over his whatsapp messages.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 20 Oct 2023, 2:44 pm

Oh and one thing that is so very Dr Death- no campaigning on by election day but a photo op with a foreign leader and the word 'win' being very prominent.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 20 Oct 2023, 2:58 pm

lostinwales wrote:Oh and one thing that is so very Dr Death- no campaigning on by election day but a photo op with a foreign leader and the word 'win' being very prominent.
Given where he was, the current situation there, and the leader he was with, 'Dr. Death' is pretty appropriate.
I actually thought that photo op (and Biden's) was pretty despicable - no-one is going to 'win' anything there and our slavish support of more or less everything and anything that Israel does, the worse it'll become.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Pr4wn and lostinwales like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sat 21 Oct 2023, 1:16 pm

I see 'Plan Dalet' is still going strong. Then again, it never went away, did it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67173344
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 22 Oct 2023, 8:11 am

Various reports coming in through the night that “as many as 25 MPs have handed letters of no confidence to Sir Graham Brady”.

Like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 22 Oct 2023, 8:53 am

Surely they don't think they can credibly install another leader without a GE
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 22 Oct 2023, 12:29 pm

That has happened because there's a one year grace period after a new leader is installed before letters of no confidence can be sent in. Sunak is about to bring up his one year anniversary, so those who have saved up their grievances can now get their letters in.

I don't think a replacement is seriously on the cards. I mean who would actually want it?!

I hear Jeremy Hunt is set to not stand as an MP in the next GE.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Mon 23 Oct 2023, 2:34 pm

Duty281 wrote:That has happened because there's a one year grace period after a new leader is installed before letters of no confidence can be sent in. Sunak is about to bring up his one year anniversary, so those who have saved up their grievances can now get their letters in.

I don't think a replacement is seriously on the cards. I mean who would actually want it?!

I hear Jeremy Hunt is set to not stand as an MP in the next GE.

I've also heard a suggestion that Rishi might decide not to run again also, which would be an absolute bombshell.
I understand with Hunt, there have been some boundary changes that don't favour him retaining his seat, which would at least be a partial explanation, but I also suspect there are quite a few senior Conservatives who are just tired and want a way out - however well or badly you think they handled Covid, it must have been a hugely stressful time for anyone on the front benches, and since then there's been plenty more turmoil with BoJo and Truss's resignations and trying simply to stabilise the government.

dummy_half

navyblueshorts likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 26 Oct 2023, 3:31 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67225980

Possible future PM Keir Starmer unable to answer questions, and possible future Chancellor Rachel Reeves copy + pasting segments of her new book from Wikipedia.

Very excited about the next, possible Labour government. Rolling Eyes

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 26 Oct 2023, 3:42 pm

Labour are 28 points up in a poll conducted last week.......The Tories would have little more than 20 mps and be the 4th party in Westminster..

In a newer poll about Muslim voting intention...(Muslim census)

Labour down from 71% to 5%....

With the Greens picking up some....and not voting being the main answer.....

Check out "Stats for lefties" twitter for the whole poll..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 26 Oct 2023, 4:38 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Labour are 28 points up in a poll conducted last week.......The Tories would have little more than 20 mps and be the 4th party in Westminster..

In a newer poll about Muslim voting intention...(Muslim census)

Labour down from 71% to 5%....

With the Greens picking up some....and not voting being the main answer.....

Check out "Stats for lefties" twitter for the whole poll..

"The data is from a survey, not an aggregated polling. Also, the survey allows people to fill it out multiple times, even with the same email address. Furthermore, this contains loaded questions which do not take into context the Labour leader's clarified stance."

So has zero credibility.

If the Tories got 21% of the vote, then no way would they be down to 20 MPs, either. Whoever is working that model needs to give it a re-calibration. FPTP would maintain the Tories as the opposition party at worst.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 26 Oct 2023, 5:41 pm

A rough week for Sunak gets rougher as a Conservative MP has been arrested on suspicion of r*** and possession of drug charges. Surrey police say they arrested a man in his 60s on the 25th of October.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 26 Oct 2023, 6:20 pm

Can't say I'm surprised it's Crispin Blunt, who previously defended another r***ist (after the verdict) in the Tory party.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 31 Oct 2023, 2:25 pm

The Covid inquiry seems to be confirming what we all knew all along - we had the worst possible government in place at the worst possible time. I cant watch anymore or I'll just get too angry. If there was any justice in this world people would end up in jail.

Samo

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 31 Oct 2023, 4:01 pm

Samo wrote:The Covid inquiry seems to be confirming what we all knew all along - we had the worst possible government in place at the worst possible time.  I cant watch anymore or I'll just get too angry.  If there was any justice in this world people would end up in jail.
On balance, I agree, but I think we have to be careful about applying hindsight to a very fast-moving issue in real time. I also think we should be very careful about suggesting that remarks made in private implied actual and likely political thought.

I'm sure Cummings has some great insight. Trouble is, I don't trust him as far as I could throw him. In addition, I'm not having the spineless SPADs trying to avoid any accountability, just because they weren't the MPs.

The only good thing that might come out of this (the actual pandemic and this inquiry) is an understanding of how best to deal with the inevitable next pandemic. That said, I think any future pandemic involving a respiratory pathogen such as the one causing COVID, will have the world just as screwed as this one did. We'll almost always be behind the curve w/ an infectious respiratory pathogen in the modern world, w/ they way we travel for business etc. We were lucky COVID wasn't as deadly as it could have been. A big plus point was the proof of the new mRNA vaccine technology - much faster from pathogen genome to drug than traditional vaccines.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 01 Nov 2023, 12:43 pm

Scottish Labour leader calls for a ceasefire....London Mayor ditto.........Even Establishment boot lickers-CNN are up in arms about refugee camps being hit...

Cowardly sniveller Starmer won't do anything until Biden moves.....(watch this space folks as soon as Biden says enough Sir-lackey will follow suit)

He's the cretin of all cretins....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 01 Nov 2023, 1:47 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Scottish Labour leader calls for a ceasefire....London Mayor ditto.........Even Establishment boot lickers-CNN are up in arms about refugee camps being hit...

Cowardly sniveller Starmer won't do anything until Biden moves.....(watch this space folks as soon as Biden says enough Sir-lackey will follow suit)

I'd guess you'd know

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 01 Nov 2023, 7:16 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Scottish Labour leader calls for a ceasefire....London Mayor ditto.........Even Establishment boot lickers-CNN are up in arms about refugee camps being hit...

Might as well keep the Tories in for another term then, eh?

Pr4wn

superflyweight likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 02 Nov 2023, 3:19 pm

Bit harsh describing Starmer as the "cretin of all cretins", especially when you take a look at the competition...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Thu 02 Nov 2023, 9:10 pm

Corbynites determined to be in perpetual opposition. What's new?

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 09 Nov 2023, 4:34 pm

Gutcheck time for Sunak, we'll find out if he actually has a spine or not if he sacks Braverman.

Although she seems desperate for the sack so she can launch a leadership challenge. He's in a lose/lose scenario. He really should just sack her and remove the whip.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 09 Nov 2023, 4:51 pm

Samo wrote:Gutcheck time for Sunak, we'll find out if he actually has a spine or not if he sacks Braverman.

Although she seems desperate for the sack so she can launch a leadership challenge.  He's in a lose/lose scenario.  He really should just sack her and remove the whip.
Hopefully, she'll lose her seat at the next GM anyway. Who the Hell would want to be represented by that pig-ignorant, self-centred berk? I don't think Sunak's got anything to lose by giving her the boot, so he may as well get rid. She's an embarrassment to a party that seems to have no concerns about being embarrassed anymore, and that's saying something.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 10 Nov 2023, 11:27 am

The dregs of the party petrified of upsetting the only nutters that still support them and desperately trying to stir up a culture war. If rishi was a football manager, the call would've gone to Big Sam months ago. As it is we all have to sit around and hope the idiots don't do any more serious damage before we can turf them out
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 11 Nov 2023, 4:09 pm

In her article, Mrs Braverman, who declined to talk to reporters earlier as she left her home, claimed aggressive right-wing protesters were "rightly met with a stern response", while "pro-Palestinian mobs" were "largely ignored". She went on to say police were applying "double standards" and "played favourites when it comes to demonstrators".

And proven completely right today, although it is just words.

An absolutely terrifying time to be a Jew in Britain and a shameful reminder of how low the country has sunk in the 21st century under the guise of the Tories and Labour.

It's got to a point where poppy sellers need to be protected by the police, and anti-Semites from the Islamic death cult and/or the hard left are free to march through the streets of London calling for the eradication of Israel and celebrating the massacre of Jews. Open racism and calls of violence unchallenged by authority.

Enoch's (misquoted) rivers of blood are well on their way.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat 11 Nov 2023, 4:58 pm

I don't believe in being 'Proud to be British', or any nationality, but it is encouraging to see so many people marching for peace and a ceasefire to the on-going brutality between Hamas and Israel and an end to the suffering of innocents on both sides (mainly Palestinians in the aftermath of 7th October).

As one woman on the march said -
"I am a Christian and God tells us to speak for those who cannot speak for themselves. So I just felt absolutely compelled to come today." Hopefully Braverman and Duty don't find that sort of attitude too scary that they are afraid to leave their homes.

There are, and always have been, crazy minorities on both sides who need to be dealt with but in this case it is far easier to round up a small, isolated group of far right trouble-makers, in order to prevent trouble, than to weed out what is probably an equal number scattered amongst 300,000 other people.

I'm sure Duty will join me in appreciating the peaceful manner in which those vast numbers have marched, unless he's too busy planning his flight to a safer country, based on his own prejudices.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 11 Nov 2023, 5:48 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I don't believe in being 'Proud to be British', or any nationality, but it is encouraging to see so many people marching for peace and a ceasefire to the on-going brutality between Hamas and Israel and an end to the suffering of innocents on both sides (mainly Palestinians in the aftermath of 7th October).

"I am a Christian and God tells us to speak for those who cannot speak for themselves. So I just felt absolutely compelled to come today." Hopefully Braverman and Duty don't find that sort of attitude too scary that they are afraid to leave their homes.

There are, and always have been, crazy minorities on both sides who need to be dealt with but in this case it is far easier to round up a small, isolated group of far right trouble-makers, in order to prevent trouble, than to weed out what is probably an equal number scattered amongst 300,000 other people.

I'm sure Duty will join me in appreciating the peaceful manner in which those vast numbers have marched, unless he's too busy planning his flight to a safer country, based on his own prejudices.

How many of these people marched for peace and a ceasefire after Hamas massacred innocents?

I don't accept your argument of 'mainly peaceful'. If you march with anti-semites and racists, you are also an anti-semite and a racist. No equivocation.

You know perfectly well, also, that I'm not referring to what one woman said on the march, either. I'm referring to calls for genocide and the destruction of the state of Israel, celebrating the massacre of Jews, wearing Hamas style clothing, holding up swastikas and the like. You might be glib about it, but it's terrifying for Jews in our country to see this as anti-semitism continues unabated.

Certainly not an equal number amongst the 300,000 either, unless you are ignorant about the hate for Jews from the hard left and some of the Islamic population.

What prejudices, also?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat 11 Nov 2023, 5:55 pm

Duty281 wrote:If you march with anti-semites and racists, you are also an anti-semite and a racist. No equivocation.

So that Christian woman is an anti-semite and a racist?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 11 Nov 2023, 6:02 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Duty281 wrote:If you march with anti-semites and racists, you are also an anti-semite and a racist. No equivocation.

The answer to your question is self-evident. Why do you choose to ask it?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat 11 Nov 2023, 6:04 pm

Duty281 wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Because you're talking bollox.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Pr4wn and lostinwales like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 11 Nov 2023, 6:09 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

A very erudite reply.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat 11 Nov 2023, 6:13 pm

Duty281 wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

A very erudite reply.

It's nevertheless way more accurate than saying everyone on that march today is an anti-semite and a racist. If you really believe that it's no wonder you live in fear.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 11 Nov 2023, 6:20 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

A very erudite reply.

It's nevertheless way more accurate than saying everyone on that march today is an anti-semite and a racist. If you really believe that it's no wonder you live in fear.

I don't live in fear. Fortunately, in this instance, I am not a Jew. They must be terrified, as thousands upon thousands spread anti-Jewish hatred across the capital, while law enforcement does nothing.

Once again, if you march with racists, you are a racist by association. It is that simple.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat 11 Nov 2023, 6:35 pm

Duty281 wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:I don't believe in being 'Proud to be British', or any nationality, but it is encouraging to see so many people marching for peace and a ceasefire to the on-going brutality between Hamas and Israel and an end to the suffering of innocents on both sides (mainly Palestinians in the aftermath of 7th October).

How many of these people marched for peace and a ceasefire after Hamas massacred innocents?

I don't accept your argument of 'mainly peaceful'. If you march with anti-semites and racists, you are also an anti-semite and a racist. No equivocation.

You know perfectly well, also, that I'm not referring to what one woman said on the march, either. I'm referring to calls for genocide and the destruction of the state of Israel, celebrating the massacre of Jews, wearing Hamas style clothing, holding up swastikas and the like. You might be glib about it, but it's terrifying for Jews in our country to see this as anti-semitism continues unabated.

Certainly not an equal number amongst the 300,000 either, unless you are ignorant about the hate for Jews from the hard left and some of the Islamic population.

What prejudices, also?

You vote for the same politcal party as racists, fascists, bigots and homophobes. Therefore you are a racist, fascist, bigoted homophobe.

Samo

navyblueshorts likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 11 Nov 2023, 6:43 pm

Samo wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

What prejudices, also?

You vote for the same politcal party as racists, fascists, bigots and homophobes.  Therefore you are a racist, fascist, bigoted homophobe.  

How so? And which party are we talking about here?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next