The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2024 US Presidential Election

+16
No name Bertie
Soul Requiem
navyblueshorts
JuliusHMarx
alfie
Samo
Lowlandbrit
Pal Joey
mountain man
rIck_dAgless
Mind the windows Tino.
superflyweight
the-goon2
dummy_half
TRUSSMAN66
Duty281
20 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

2024 US Presidential Election - Page 10 Empty 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by Duty281 Wed 24 May 2023, 11:10 am

First topic message reminder :

Thought we should have a thread on it, as Ron DeSantis is expected to launch his campaign on Twitter this evening. He's trailing Trump by a big margin for the Republican nomination, around 37% behind in the polling average. But there's a lot of time for things to change and the oddsmakers only have DeSantis as a 2/1 outsider, against Trump's 2/5. Doesn't appear to be any other serious contenders for the Republican nomination at this point.

Biden is expected to run again and defend his crown, but his advancing age (he's into his 80s now) and low approval ratings means he may be vulnerable to a Democratic challenger. The most likely challenger seems to be Robert Kennedy Jr. who has already announced his candidacy and has polled as high as 21%, but that was still 49% behind Biden. As such, Biden's a 2/9 clear favourite to be the Democrat nominee in 2024, but if he drops out for whatever reason then the race is wide open.

Only 531 days until the election...

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

2024 US Presidential Election - Page 10 Empty Re: 2024 US Presidential Election

Post by mountain man Wed 21 Feb 2024, 9:43 am

So if Trump gets ruled out of running through his legal issues does that mean Haley automatically gets nomination as last candidate in or is there a rerun or change etc?
I suspect Trump will be candidate despite all his indictments etc but was just wondering.

And on that note, if Biden should drop out then Kamala Harris stands?

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 21 Feb 2024, 10:46 am

Depends when Trump gets ruled out in that scenario. If it's after the nomination, it's probably the VP pick who assumes the mantle. If it's before, I think it gets very messy as the delegates in the primaries that have already happened have to be reassigned, which could equal new campaigning.

Similar with Biden. If he drops out in October, Harris will be the automatic pick. If it happens next month, the campaign gets thrown open again.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 21 Feb 2024, 8:30 pm

Apparently Haley is carrying on if she gets hammered in her home State on Saturday..

Latest SC poll..

Trump 63
Haley..35

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 21 Feb 2024, 8:50 pm

mountain man wrote:So if Trump gets ruled out of running through his legal issues does that mean Haley automatically gets nomination as last candidate in or is there a rerun or change etc?
I suspect Trump will be candidate despite all his indictments etc but was just wondering.

And on that note, if Biden should drop out then Kamala Harris stands?

If Biden drops out before Convention...Then we get a "Contested Convention" like in 1968.....LBJ dropped out......VP Hubert Humphrey's supporters argued he would have been on the ballot if he'd have known Johnson was going to quit etc..

Biden goes through the primaries winning all the delegates......Those delegates then become "free" at convention to be wooed by new candidates........Williamson hasn't got a prayer and anyone else on the slips right now..

If Biden drops out after convention it doesn't go to Harris......The decison will then go to the Democratic committee which has reps from all of the States and they will come to a decision on who they want by vote.....Harris might get it but she will be just another candidate..

Safety lock for the Parties to stop muppet VPs like Spiro Agnew and Quayle being slaughtered....

As for Trump Amendment 14 looks like a non starter......Section 3 and insurrection isn't likely to stick and he won't be heading to jail before November..

Glad I could help... thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

navyblueshorts and mountain man like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 25 Feb 2024, 3:54 pm

Trump wins South Carolina by 20%. Again, a little smaller than forecast in the polls. His poll lead was in decline in the days leading up to this, but nowhere near enough to think Haley was in the contest.

Haley's not dropping out, so the race continues. Super Tuesday coming up in 9 days; a few states having primaries before that.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Mon 26 Feb 2024, 1:05 am

Not really a race , is it ? Trump can't fail to take the nomination as he has just too many rusted on fans ; and enough other Republican voters don't see a viable alternative/don't want to rock the boat/know resistance is useless...

Actual election might be a different beast. Biden may not be Mr Charisma but with a choice between him and the Orange Nutter we might find those who just can't stand Trump will turn out in sufficient numbers to offset his guaranteed support base. All those polling figures beloved of our own Trussman must surely be taken with some reservations in a country where a significant part of the population won't actually turn out on the day to post a vote at all...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Mon 26 Feb 2024, 8:15 am

alfie wrote:... Trump can't fail to take the nomination as he has just too many rusted on fans ; and enough other Republican voters .... don't want to rock the boat/know resistance is useless...

.... the Orange Nutter ...

Hillary Clinton called those that voted for Trump "The Deplorables".   Joe Biden called Trump voters a "threat to democracy".   In reference to Afro-Americans Joe Biden said "you ain't Black if you don't vote for me".  Here and there they are called racists, islamophobes, misoygnists, morons, far-right (aka NAZI) , nutters et cetera.   Hilary as well as calling Trump voters The Deplorables claimed the 2016 election was stolen by Vladimir Putin.  I would have thought CNN, MSNBC et cetera would have been more influential than Putin, but not according to Hilary Clinton and others.

Another thing I find interesting is how people in the media and elsewhere who claim to be the defenders against racism and prejudice use perceived skin color as another means to mock someone.  I have seen the media even altering images to make the "Orange nutter" orange.

It is not just the US Presidential election that divides people and makes them appear to hate / disrespect each other: Brexit, Use of Fossil Fuels, George Floyd ...
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 26 Feb 2024, 8:26 am

No name Bertie wrote:

It is not just the US Presidential election that divides people and makes them appear to hate / disrespect each other: Brexit, Use of Fossil Fuels, George Floyd ...

Bono, Roger Waters... all part of the grander scheme of things.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 26 Feb 2024, 9:12 am

alfie wrote:Not really a race , is it ?  Trump can't fail to take the nomination as he has just too many rusted on fans ; and enough other Republican voters don't see a viable alternative/don't want to rock the boat/know resistance is useless...

Actual election might be a different beast. Biden may not be Mr Charisma but with a choice between him and the Orange Nutter we might find those who just can't stand Trump will turn out in sufficient numbers to offset his guaranteed support base. All those polling figures beloved of our own Trussman must surely be taken with some reservations in a country where a significant part of the population won't actually turn out on the day to post a vote at all...

Polls generally understate Trump, however. He outperformed the polls in 2016 and 2020. Whether it happens again, we'll have to wait and see. And Trump is in a much better position at this stage of the campaign than he was in 2020 and in 2016.

As I say, though, this can be in part attributed to the fact that Trump's in campaign mode and Biden isn't, at this stage.

But for now, Trump's leading in at least five of the seven key states, the other two being quite tight, and is heading for a second term as things stand.

A longggggg way to go, however! We'll see if, as you say, those who want to keep Trump out outweigh those who want to get him back in, like in 2020.

Though Biden's huge unpopularity is a further restricting factor on his chances, unlike in 2020. I do think if the Democrats went with someone else, a bit younger and a bit sharper, they'd cruise this election.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 26 Feb 2024, 4:30 pm

Duty281 wrote:
alfie wrote:Not really a race , is it ?  Trump can't fail to take the nomination as he has just too many rusted on fans ; and enough other Republican voters don't see a viable alternative/don't want to rock the boat/know resistance is useless...

Polls generally understate Trump, however. He outperformed the polls in 2016 and 2020. Whether it happens again, we'll have to wait and see. And Trump is in a much better position at this stage of the campaign than he was in 2020 and in 2016.

As I say, though, this can be in part attributed to the fact that Trump's in campaign mode and Biden isn't, at this stage.

But for now, Trump's leading in at least five of the seven key states, the other two being quite tight, and is heading for a second term as things stand.

A longggggg way to go, however! We'll see if, as you say, those who want to keep Trump out outweigh those who want to get him back in, like in 2020.

Though Biden's huge unpopularity is a further restricting factor on his chances, unlike in 2020. I do think if the Democrats went with someone else, a bit younger and a bit sharper, they'd cruise this election.

This race has many variables which render polls meaningless for now.....The most fluid election in years...

1. Biden can't remember when his Son died....Can't remember when he was VP....Can't remember names and titles and is doddering about like he is a 100 years old......What is he going to be like in a few months....Will he be the Candidate..????????????

2. Trump may be cancelled out.....He may even be bankrupt by June........GOP mainstream donors hate him and won't be overly generous to his funds...Will he be the Candidate ???.....70% chance for sure but i wouldn't bet the House.

3. Biden's team will try to duck the debates with good reason......Add great weight to the notion he has mental problems for those who aren't sure and bottling is not a good look or the kick in the face to Democratic process......Though Trump's filibustering would help him.

4. Biden may be physically dead man walking but the economy is picking up.........and Presidents in charge of decent growth don't usually lose...Yes Woodrow Wilson beat Taft in 1912 but Roosevelt was an independent and the GOP split .......Probably have to go back to Andy Jackson beating Quincy Adams in the 1820s before that....but Jackson was a larger than life guy and succesful military Man.

Gun to my head I say Biden wins.......But it's fluid...

TRUSSMAN66

navyblueshorts likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Mon 26 Feb 2024, 5:27 pm

I listen to Americast podcast on BBC (it's very good and I recommend it) and one thing they bought up about Biden is why he didn't do the SuperBowl interview spot at halftime. A way to get message across to millions of Americans for free and would hardly be a grilling.
Their thoughts were his team didn't want to risk him making an inevitable gaffe etc on live tv. Too risky apparently.
How he'll do on Presidential debates will be interesting.

mountain man

TRUSSMAN66 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 26 Feb 2024, 6:54 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

This race has many variables which render polls meaningless for now.....The most fluid election in years...

1. Biden can't remember when his Son died....Can't remember when he was VP....Can't remember names and titles and is doddering about like he is a 100 years old......What is he going to be like in a few months....Will he be the Candidate..????????????

2. Trump may be cancelled out.....He may even be bankrupt by June........GOP mainstream donors hate him and won't be overly generous to his funds...Will he be the Candidate ???.....70% chance for sure but i wouldn't bet the House.

3. Biden's team will try to duck the debates with good reason......Add great weight to the notion he has mental problems for those who aren't sure and bottling is not a good look or the kick in the face to Democratic process......Though Trump's filibustering would help him.

4. Biden may be physically dead man walking but the economy is picking up.........and Presidents in charge of decent growth don't usually lose...Yes Woodrow Wilson beat Taft in 1912  but Roosevelt was an independent and the GOP split .......Probably have to go back to Andy Jackson beating Quincy Adams in the 1820s before that....but Jackson was a larger than life guy and succesful military Man.

Gun to my head I say Biden wins.......But it's fluid...

Yeah, all fair enough points.

I think, probability wise, that it's slightly unlikely that Trump/Biden will be the actual battle in November. Neither one is in good health, and they're both elderly, so a health incident that incapacitates them (or worse) can't be ruled out. Trump, also, has his mounting legal and financial troubles. Biden may just be removed because of his failing mental state. I'd be slightly surprised if they both made it to the race in November.

If they do both make it to November, Trump should win.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 26 Feb 2024, 6:55 pm

mountain man wrote:I listen to Americast podcast on BBC (it's very good and I recommend it) and one thing they bought up about Biden is why he didn't do the SuperBowl interview spot at halftime. A way to get message across to millions of Americans for free and would hardly be a grilling.
Their thoughts were his team didn't want to risk him making an inevitable gaffe etc on live tv. Too risky apparently.
How he'll do on Presidential debates will be interesting.

Yes, Biden needs to be hidden away. It'll be interesting to see how they manage it during the campaign. In 2020, Covid was a perfect reason to hide Biden away for large swathes of the campaign trail, and then just give him very small audiences, but there'll be no hiding in 2024.

The debates will be a disaster if they happen (for both).

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 28 Feb 2024, 9:04 am

Another crushing win for Trump, this time in Michigan, winning by a margin of just over 40%.

Of more interest was Biden facing a relatively sizable protest in Michigan, which led to 'uncommitted' picking up 13% of the vote in the Democratic primary. Such uncommitted voters could hand the key state to Trump in November if they carry on with that attitude.

Super Tuesday, next week, will surely see Haley drop out afterwards.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 28 Feb 2024, 12:07 pm

Duty281 wrote:Another crushing win for Trump, this time in Michigan, winning by a margin of just over 40%.

Of more interest was Biden facing a relatively sizable protest in Michigan, which led to 'uncommitted' picking up 13% of the vote in the Democratic primary. Such uncommitted voters could hand the key state to Trump in November if they carry on with that attitude.

Super Tuesday, next week, will surely see Haley drop out afterwards.

Haley must be hoping to raise her profile for the 2028 election as the told-you-so candidate........Or she is hoping to get a jump on other rivals in a contested convention with probably a meagre 100 delegates in a battle that will take close to 1500 to win......

Unfortunately she is looking like a lightweight loser...........and California her only hope looks like it's all-she-wrote..

Has to hope she does better than the polls on Super T.........In fairness 40% in South Carolina outscored the polls..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Wed 28 Feb 2024, 1:10 pm

Agree that it looks like Haley is staying in the Primaries in the hope she'll pick up some delegates and then if Trump has to withdraw (either through his legal troubles or from ill heath , she would look to be in a stronger position than any rivals at the Convention. No hope that she wins in a straight up contest with Trump, and I don't see her strategy being beneficial towards the 2028 nomination, as long as the Republicans are still pursuing the MAGA vote that Trump mobilised in 2016 - they won't swing behind someone who wasn't loyal to Trump. And if the Republicans swing back to a more moderate position there are other high profile candidates that would play better with their base.

The interesting thing is to use Haley as a barometer of the satisfaction / dissatisfaction with Trump amongst the Republican voters.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 28 Feb 2024, 10:28 pm

"Right now...the laws allow a baby to be born...in the ninth month. It is wrong."

Biden is clearly mentally impaired.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 29 Feb 2024, 9:42 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:"Right now...the laws allow a baby to be born...in the ninth month. It is wrong."

Biden is clearly mentally impaired.
Verbatim? Context please.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 29 Feb 2024, 10:02 am

It's a Trump quote, from about six years ago. I'm unsure why Julius is trying to lead us all astray.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 29 Feb 2024, 10:08 am

Duty281 wrote:It's a Trump quote, from about six years ago. I'm unsure why Julius is trying to lead us all astray.

For fun, why else!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 29 Feb 2024, 10:20 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Duty281 wrote:It's a Trump quote, from about six years ago. I'm unsure why Julius is trying to lead us all astray.

For fun, why else!

You might be trying to sow discord in an effort to bring down democracy and western civilisation. In times like these, I'm reminded of what another President said:

2024 US Presidential Election - Page 10 2ca3e132ba5911594f86dd90c44f4810

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 29 Feb 2024, 10:34 am

Jimmy Kimmell did a bit recently where someone read out quotes to Trump supporters and told them Biden said it and they would say "Oh clearly that's dementia", then the reporter said, sorry, I got mixed up, Donald Trump said that, and the same Trump supporter would say "I think there's a valid point in there, it needs to be considered".

I'm sure it would be the same the other way round, but it was very funny, and shows how ridiculous voters are.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

navyblueshorts, alfie and Duty281 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Mon 04 Mar 2024, 8:02 am

Haley win in Washington.
Won't make any difference to nomination but at least generates publicity and reminds voters Trump isn't unbeatable.
And it will really annoy him which is main thing....

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 04 Mar 2024, 9:16 am

The equivalent of pulling a goal back when already seven nil down. Maybe just half a goal, it was such a tiny contest (2,000 voters).

The prominent headlines it generated were amusing.

Meanwhile, also over the weekend, Trump added Idaho, Missouri and Michigan to his collection.

North Dakota's primary is today. And then it's Super Tuesday, with 15 states, including the big ones of Texas and California, voting.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Mon 04 Mar 2024, 9:38 am

Yep as I said, it won't make any difference but it will annoy Trump and kudos to her to keep going.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Mon 04 Mar 2024, 12:20 pm

mountain man wrote:Yep as I said, it won't make any difference but it will annoy Trump and kudos to her to keep going.

It also ensures Haley has SOME delegates when it comes to the RNC. Might become important if Trump can't eventually run for President.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 04 Mar 2024, 4:44 pm

The Supreme Court has ruled Trump can remain on the Presidential ballot, as they fall in line with expectation and overrule the state of Colorado. They ruled 9-0 it wasn't a state matter.

That's saved a lot of rioting and is a hammer blow to Haley's prospects.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 04 Mar 2024, 4:45 pm

dummy_half wrote:
mountain man wrote:Yep as I said, it won't make any difference but it will annoy Trump and kudos to her to keep going.

It also ensures Haley has SOME delegates when it comes to the RNC. Might become important if Trump can't eventually run for President.

She did already have some, to be fair, because some states allocate in proportion, not winner takes all.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Tue 05 Mar 2024, 10:40 am

Duty281 wrote:
dummy_half wrote:

She did already have some, to be fair, because some states allocate in proportion, not winner takes all.

I thought the State delegates were like the Electoral College, on a winner takes all basis, with occasional exceptions (Maine and Nebraska).

Anyway, no big surprise that the SCOTUS ruled as they did on a point of Law - it is not for individual States to exclude candidates from Federal elections under the 14th Amendment. The 14th amendment is really poorly written to deal with any situation other than the immediate post Civil War era (which is when it dates from) - it was obvious if you'd been a Confederate soldier that you had engaged in Insurrection and were therefore held as being excluded from Public Office unless expressly allowed following a vote of Congress. The problem of applying to the modern era is that there is no enforcement mechanism included (although it should be noted that there is a criminal statute of insurrection 18 USC 2383, which includes within its penalties a ban from holding public office). It seems sensible to me that the Court should rule that it is up to Congress to tidy up the legislation around this.

I suspect there are more than a handful of mainstream Republicans now wishing that they had pushed through the impeachment of Trump following January 6th - hell, even Mitch McConnell stated that Trump's actions justified the impeachment, but that given the process wouldn't be completed until he left office, the prosecution should be deferred to the Courts.

dummy_half

navyblueshorts and Duty281 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 05 Mar 2024, 11:27 am

Washington DC is no big deal.....A bit like winning Hawaii....If one Man and his dog vote for you that's probably one percent right there. ..

When you need 1500+ delegates 19 isn't going to help much.....She gets beaten easily tonight and that's more important....Rubio or any other insider clears her out at a contested convention.

More important still is the no brainer decision by the Supreme Court to render State decisions unimportant in a Federal election......No surprises there..

Trump was always gong to be on the ballot.....Silly billy grandstanding...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 05 Mar 2024, 1:25 pm

Trump cruised North Dakota yesterday.

Today is Super Tuesday. Normally racked with tension and interest. But not today. The only question is about whether or not Trump will sweep all 15 states.

Trump has overwhelming leads in California, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia. He appears to have strong leads in Alabama, Maine, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Utah and Vermont, though very few polls have been conducted there. No polls have been taken in Alaska, Arkansas or Colorado, but the first two should strongly back Trump.

Colorado and Vermont perhaps the obstacles to Trump getting all 15.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 05 Mar 2024, 2:34 pm

Don't need polls in the Southern States to know Trump cruises it...

Crapping on Federal Govt.....Attackng illegal immigrants and threatening to stop foreign deals and aid is more than enough to make you more popular than Batman in Applepie County....

California up West was Haley's only hope and that is away with the fairies.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Wed 06 Mar 2024, 8:04 am

A stat I heard yesterday was a staggering 70% of American voters don't want either Trump or Biden!
They say both too old/too deranged etc

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 06 Mar 2024, 8:37 am

mountain man wrote:A stat I heard yesterday was a staggering 70% of American voters don't want either Trump or Biden!

Democracy is overrated.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Wed 06 Mar 2024, 9:07 am

Yes far better to go down route of N Korea and Russia.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 06 Mar 2024, 9:14 am

mountain man wrote:A stat I heard yesterday was a staggering 70% of American voters don't want either Trump or Biden!

Same in the UK...Both leaders are in the 20s with positive approvals.

Trump got the job done last night.....Lost Vermont but the small States bring independents in to play.......Why Haley gets trashed in the bigger GOP rich ones....

As expected in the South he got near 80% of the vote...California being a surprise further up and out with nearly 80% there and it being more moderate..

In good ole Roxbury, Massachusetts my folks said they had never seen it so quiet.......Reckon there will be less than half the traffic of the last primary....As Mountain says none of these two inspire.....

Trump will finish after Texas ante up with a 1000 or so..........Haley 100ish...........Time to get out unless it's just an ego trip.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 06 Mar 2024, 9:20 am

Duty281 wrote:Colorado and Vermont perhaps the obstacles to Trump getting all 15.

Yes, Vermont prevented all 15. Otherwise Trump cruised. Just under 300 more delegates for Trump to win the nomination - Wiki says he leads 923-86 (1,215 required).

Nearly 19% voted uncommitted in the Minnesota Democratic primary, a concerning result for Biden, especially as the uncommitteds now get a few delegates to send. Biden also lost American Samoa, which is amusing in an effectively uncontested primary.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Wed 06 Mar 2024, 9:25 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Trump got the job done last night.....Lost Vermont but the small States bring independents in to play.......Why Haley gets trashed in the bigger GOP rich ones....

As expected in the South he got near 80% of the vote...California being a surprise further up and out with nearly 80% there and it being more moderate..

In good ole Roxbury, Massachusetts my folks said they had never seen it so quiet.......Reckon there will be less than half the traffic of the last primary....As Mountain says none of these two inspire.....

Trump will finish after Texas ante up with a 1000 or so..........Haley 100ish...........Time to get out unless it's just an ego trip.

At least in UK the leaders of parties are young(ish) and sensible. That's point, the 70% who don't want Trump Biden is specifically because they think both are unfit for office for one reason or another. Age being the big one.

And yes, whether you like their politics or not, both Sunak and Starmer are sensible.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 06 Mar 2024, 9:32 am

mountain man wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

At least in UK the leaders of parties are young(ish) and sensible. That's point, the 70% who don't want Trump Biden is specifically because they think both are unfit for office for one reason or another. Age being the big one.

And yes, whether you like their politics or not, both Sunak and Starmer are sensible.

What do you mean sensible ??........Sunak did a Xenophobic speech last Friday.......Rwanda policy is all gesture politics and won't work designed for far right immigrant haters to come back to the Tories....The economy is tanked......HS2 meant to be part of the Northern Powerhouse finishes before it gets to the North thanks to this donkey.....Nurses are using foodbanks......Record homeless.......High street is dead...More money is going offshore than ever while he is targeting disability welfare...

I prefer "Not sensible"..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Wed 06 Mar 2024, 9:42 am

Again though you are looking at his politics. He is on a different planet as far as Trump goes in sensible stakes.

And if you think Labour policies be any better then you are mistaken.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 06 Mar 2024, 9:49 am

mountain man wrote:Again though you are looking at his politics. He is on a different planet as far as Trump goes in sensible stakes.

And if you think Labour policies be any better then you are mistaken.

For 3 years.....Standard of living went up under Trump......Record jobs.........Black poverty declined......No Wars.......Covid was the spanner in the works.

Like I said "Sensible" is in the eye of the beholder......Boris Johnson was a clown and he polled higher than Sunak during partygate.

Sunak is a complete disaster perhaps he should be less sensible and I won't be voting Labour either.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Wed 06 Mar 2024, 9:56 am

So if life in USA so great under Trump, everything fine and dandy, record jobs etc etc, economy etc etc how come so many don't want him in office? Surely if the average American is way better off with him as President he should walk into whitehouse?

If they didn't like the man I'm sure everyone would hold nose and vote for him if it means life be so much better and safer under him.
But that's isn't case is it.

Or are so many voters cutting off nose to spite face?

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 06 Mar 2024, 10:09 am

Don't want to get too bogged down in a "sensible" conversation....agree to differ.

Looks like 20% of Republicans are finding it hard to vote for Trump......He loses if that stays the same..

Uncommitted voters for Biden in swing states like Michigan could be a problem for him....But the economy is improving....His problem is the debates in October as he can't string two sentences together...

Not sure the "I won't debate with a crook" line washes as the debates have been pretty much written in stone since 76.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Wed 06 Mar 2024, 10:11 am

But you haven't answered my question.

If life so much better under Trump surely he'll walk into white house with a landslide win as vast majority be better off and safer. No?

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 06 Mar 2024, 10:24 am

mountain man wrote:But you haven't answered my question.

If life so much better under Trump surely he'll walk into white house with a landslide win as vast majority be better off and safer. No?

Americans have always been loathe to change Presidents when the Economy is doing okay.....

Wrote an earlier post a little higher up.........Only a select few like William Taft in 1912 lost and he was screwed over by Roosevelt splitting the GOP vote...

Americans have an "if it ain't broke don't fix it" attitude we always have....Like I said Covid did for Trump.

Latest polls have Trump 22 points ahead on the Economy and 23 points ahead on fighting Crime over Biden.....But there is a heavy incumbency factor always has been...

Because Presidents can let loose on their second term unburdened by re-election worries and it's usually guaranteed to be more "progressive"..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 06 Mar 2024, 11:45 am

Haley now dropping out of the race.

Trump will win the Republican nomination for a third consecutive time.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 06 Mar 2024, 11:53 am

Duty281 wrote:Haley now dropping out of the race.

Trump will win the Republican nomination for a third consecutive time.

Haley has to go.........First to 1300.......Trump 100+ v Haley 100 odd..........

3 Swamp States Georgia, Louisiana and Florida still to come....Probably enough there despite all the other states left in play.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 06 Mar 2024, 3:37 pm

Haley has pulled out.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 07 Mar 2024, 12:43 pm

While I think Biden wins I also expect Harris to be President during his term....Harris will be crap but she has low expectations to live up to with other the VPs who inherited the role..

Gerald Ford was considered to be the one of the dumbest people in Congress.....Teddy Roosevelt was more busy hunting imaginary wildlife in the White House gardens at 3 in the morning........Andrew Johnson wanted to reverse slavery after Lincoln and was impeached.....LBJ had Vietnam....

Worst of the worst....was "Malicious" Millard Fillmore....who was the first Equal opportunities President.....He took the opportunity to hate White people..Black people...Women and Animals all equally...Though some think his Wife was hated by him the most.....Took over when Zachary Taylor died eating Strawberries in the White House gardens in 1850 and for nearly a hundred and fifty years many believed Fillmore put someone up to poisoning them....Digging General Zach up put that argument to bed.......

Fillmore like Pierce and Buchanan after him were brought down by the slavery issue and its strains on the Union....The US was starting to become unmanageable..

So Kamala has nothing much to worry about should the worst occur.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Fri 08 Mar 2024, 9:44 am

By all accounts quite a punchy state of union address by Biden. I didn't watch it just read BBC report.
Seemed more of a campaign speech than anything else?

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next