The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+15
dynamark
pedro
Galted
Pal Joey
superflyweight
Soul Requiem
westisbest
I'm never wrong
Duty281
JuliusHMarx
McLaren
navyblueshorts
super_realist
JAS
ralphjohn69
19 posters

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by ralphjohn69 Wed 23 Aug 2023, 3:59 pm

super_realist wrote:It's not logic. Most pot 4 teams are no worse than Rangers. If Rangers were the worst ever pot 4 team last year, what makes them any better now?

Because instead of playing another Pot 3 team they will be playing a Pot 4 team, who will probably be worse than a Pot 3 team so they have a better chance of getting 3rd, although it's obviously not guaranteed. You really don't help yourself when you post about football....

ralphjohn69

Posts : 300
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 45
Location : Uphall, West Lothian, Scotland

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Wed 23 Aug 2023, 4:01 pm

Yep it would be good to see as many though as possible...even Hibs!! :-p Any Villa fans about?


JAS

Posts : 5149
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 61
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Wed 23 Aug 2023, 4:12 pm

super_realist wrote:It's not logic. Most pot 4 teams are no worse than Rangers. If Rangers were the worst ever pot 4 team last year, what makes them any better now?

Like who? go on, show us a glimpse of your extensive knowledge of European Club football.

The problem Rangers had with the draw last year was that Napoli were in Pot 3 (worst possible draw they could have got from that Pot) and Liverpool from Pot 2 - even though they we're blowing hot and cold last season they blew hot against Rangers. I would never expect us to beat a Pot 1 Team a draw at home would be the absolute best to hope for.

I don't think it's wishful thinking to expect maybe 5 points and 3rd place from Pot 3 (Beat the pot 4 team at Ibrox, draw away and maybe a home draw against the Pot 2 team.

Ask Dortmund, Leipzig, Red Star, Braga, Porto, Benfica how easy it is to come to Ibrox & get a result

JAS

Posts : 5149
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 61
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Wed 23 Aug 2023, 4:20 pm

JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:It's not logic. Most pot 4 teams are no worse than Rangers. If Rangers were the worst ever pot 4 team last year, what makes them any better now?

Like who? go on, show us a glimpse of your extensive knowledge of European Club football.

The problem Rangers had with the draw last year was that Napoli were in Pot 3 (worst possible draw they could have got from that Pot) and Liverpool from Pot 2 - even though they we're blowing hot and cold last season they blew hot against Rangers. I would never expect us to beat a Pot 1 Team a draw at home would be the absolute best to hope for.

I don't think it's wishful thinking to expect maybe 5 points and 3rd place from Pot 3 (Beat the pot 4 team at Ibrox, draw away and maybe a home draw against the Pot 2 team.

Ask Dortmund, Leipzig, Red Star, Braga, Porto, Benfica how easy it is to come to Ibrox & get a result
The confirmed pot 4 teams this far are
Lens
Union Berlin. 
I don't see Rangers as being appreciably better than them. Furthermore it's projected that Newcastle are likely to be Pot 4.

By the way, my "extensive knowledge of European football" was right last year for both Celtic and Rangers, so give me some credit. I said they be terrible and would finish 4th, and despite your misguided optimism, they were terrible and did finish 4th.

Red Star and Braga? Real heavyweights

super_realist

Posts : 28869
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Stavanger, Norway

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Wed 23 Aug 2023, 4:55 pm

super_realist wrote:

By the way, my "extensive knowledge of European football" was right last year for both Celtic and Rangers, so give me some credit. I said they be terrible and would finish 4th, and despite your misguided optimism, they were terrible and did finish 4th.

Red Star and Braga? Real heavyweights

Yep even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

Red Star? Previous winners, obviously they've seen better days
Braga - might well be in Pot 4 if they win next week, nice to know you don't rate them that highly then? Considering Rangers have knocked them out of the EL in 2 of the past 4 seasons that would be a good draw with a possibility of going through in 3rd place right? I sense 2 different parts of your brain having a conflict of interest now :-p


JAS

Posts : 5149
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 61
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Wed 23 Aug 2023, 5:10 pm

Ha ha, I knew you'd say that. Funny that based on your confirmation bias results from 2021 that you could get second, then it was third, then you were forced to face reality that 4th was the best you could do. We went through this rigmarole every week. 
If you're going to go back to when Red Star won the European Cup , then I could bring up Progress Niederkorn, Malmö or plenty other teams who have handed you your arse in European qualifying, and just as many who have destroyed Celtic. Celtic won the European Cup too, would you be worried about them?

Just be honest, Rangers are not looking good to improve on last year.

super_realist

Posts : 28869
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Stavanger, Norway

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Wed 23 Aug 2023, 8:23 pm

JAS wrote:Yep it would be good to see as many though as possible...even Hibs!! :-p  Any Villa fans about?


…and just like that 5 become 4, no way back for the Hibees.

JAS

Posts : 5149
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 61
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Wed 23 Aug 2023, 8:37 pm

super_realist wrote:Ha ha, I knew you'd say that. Funny that based on your confirmation bias results from 2021 that you could get second, then it was third, then you were forced to face reality that 4th was the best you could do. We went through this rigmarole every week. 
If you're going to go back to when Red Star won the European Cup , then I could bring up Progress Niederkorn, Malmö or plenty other teams who have handed you your arse in European qualifying, and just as many who have destroyed Celtic. Celtic won the European Cup too, would you be worried about them?

Just be honest, Rangers are not looking good to improve on last year.
Lol I love how you conflate things together desperately trying to prove your point. The hard facts are since they got back into Europe they’ve worked themselves up from nowhere to 30th ranked so the balance of evidence would suggest that on average (based over a 5 year period) they accumulate an average of over 10k points a season, with the worst being last years paltry 4000 compared to the run the the EL final year of 19000. The fact is they’re good enough to get out the EL groups and I would say that’s probably about their level. I’d like to see them perform better in the CL of course I would, last year was an aberration, I would lay money on it not being that bad again but I could be wrong. They’ve also started their 3rd season in a row with a different manager so to still be able to compete in such a transitional phase is commendable. Biggest concern this season is that they stumble out of Europe before they really start to click. On the other hand they may not click and Beale will find himself in trouble come November.

JAS

Posts : 5149
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 61
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Thu 24 Aug 2023, 6:15 am

I agree they had a couple of good years in Europe, but you seem to ignore who has also knocked them out of European competitions and only focus on their good results. 
The year they got to Europa final they were blown away in Champions League qualifying by Malmö. You didn't want to mention that did you?

I agree their level is Europa, so why would anyone expect them to perform better in CL which is several steps above their level?

super_realist

Posts : 28869
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Stavanger, Norway

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Thu 24 Aug 2023, 8:05 am

super_realist wrote:I agree they had a couple of good years in Europe, but you seem to ignore who has also knocked them out of European competitions and only focus on their good results. 
The year they got to Europa final they were blown away in Champions League qualifying by Malmö. You didn't want to mention that did you?

I agree their level is Europa, so why would anyone expect them to perform better in CL which is several steps above their level?

It wasn't 2 it was 3. Bayer Leverkusen, Slavia Prague & Eintracht Frankfurt...there does that make you feel better??

I think you'll find I quite CLEARLY referenced the Malmo defeat from 2 years ago and how gutting it was. To add to that I think that marked the beginning of the end for Gerrard - he had clearly wanted to strengthen to mount a challenge that year and the money he thought he needed just wasn't forthcoming because it wasn't (and cant be) there. The penny dropped that there's no ceiling on fans expectation but there most certainly IS a ceiling on how much can be invested to try and meet those expectations. THAT i believe was the point where Gerrard went from being 100% all in to being, I like it here but, when a better opportunity comes along I'm out

JAS

Posts : 5149
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 61
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 24 Aug 2023, 12:03 pm

McLaren wrote:This is painful. That is clearly a separate "claim" than one about her guilt.

And "hesitantly" should be a major clue as to how strongly I hold that belief.

The point still stands, on what I have read up on and the evidence I have seen, I am not convinced of her guilt. And if I have only seen incomplete evidence then it is even more sensible to withhold making a conclusion on her guilt. I really don't see an alternative rational move?
Tumbleweed
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 11189
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Thu 24 Aug 2023, 12:25 pm

JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:I agree they had a couple of good years in Europe, but you seem to ignore who has also knocked them out of European competitions and only focus on their good results. 
The year they got to Europa final they were blown away in Champions League qualifying by Malmö. You didn't want to mention that did you?

I agree their level is Europa, so why would anyone expect them to perform better in CL which is several steps above their level?

It wasn't 2 it was 3. Bayer Leverkusen, Slavia Prague & Eintracht Frankfurt...there does that make you feel better??

I think you'll find I quite CLEARLY referenced the Malmo defeat from 2 years ago and how gutting it was. To add to that I think that marked the beginning of the end for Gerrard - he had clearly wanted to strengthen to mount a challenge that year and the money he thought he needed just wasn't forthcoming because it wasn't (and cant be) there. The penny dropped that there's no ceiling on fans expectation but there most certainly IS a ceiling on how much can be invested to try and meet those expectations. THAT i believe was the point where Gerrard went from being 100% all in to being, I like it here but, when a better opportunity comes along I'm out
Gerrard, like any sensible person with ambition uses clubs like Celtic and Rangers as stepping stones early in their career.  
Both clubs have now adopted that business model to accommodate players ambitions, finally conceding where they are in the football pyramid. It's a tacit acceptance they are feeder clubs and now they behave like them. 

Whilst that business model helps keep a club solvent, the downside is that you are gambling you can keep refilling the hopper with replacement talent for those who leave but crucially it means you can't build a team and that spells out that they won't ever progress in the Champions League unless they change their model or suddenly have an injection of money and a turnaround in how attractive they are to better players than they are currently capable of attracting, which seems unlikely.

super_realist

Posts : 28869
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Stavanger, Norway

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Thu 24 Aug 2023, 2:15 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
McLaren wrote:This is painful. That is clearly a separate "claim" than one about her guilt.

And "hesitantly" should be a major clue as to how strongly I hold that belief.

The point still stands, on what I have read up on and the evidence I have seen, I am not convinced of her guilt. And if I have only seen incomplete evidence then it is even more sensible to withhold making a conclusion on her guilt. I really don't see an alternative rational move?
:tumbleweed:

So what rationale would you suggest?
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 17506
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Thu 24 Aug 2023, 2:18 pm

McLaren wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
McLaren wrote:This is painful. That is clearly a separate "claim" than one about her guilt.

And "hesitantly" should be a major clue as to how strongly I hold that belief.

The point still stands, on what I have read up on and the evidence I have seen, I am not convinced of her guilt. And if I have only seen incomplete evidence then it is even more sensible to withhold making a conclusion on her guilt. I really don't see an alternative rational move?
Tumbleweed

So what rationale would you suggest?

I think you should just admit you got it wrong Mac because you were too lazy to do any research.

super_realist

Posts : 28869
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Stavanger, Norway

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 24 Aug 2023, 3:18 pm

McLaren wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
McLaren wrote:This is painful. That is clearly a separate "claim" than one about her guilt.

And "hesitantly" should be a major clue as to how strongly I hold that belief.

The point still stands, on what I have read up on and the evidence I have seen, I am not convinced of her guilt. And if I have only seen incomplete evidence then it is even more sensible to withhold making a conclusion on her guilt. I really don't see an alternative rational move?
Tumbleweed

So what rationale would you suggest?
I'm not sure I follow what you're asking.

What rationale did Letby have for the murders?; or
What other rational position are you asking me to suggest re. whether she is guilty or not?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 11189
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Fri 25 Aug 2023, 10:43 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
What other rational position are you asking me to suggest re. whether she is guilty or not?

This.

McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 17506
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Fri 25 Aug 2023, 10:44 am

Unless I am mistaken, I think I am being accused by people on here of adopting an illogical position. My position being I am not currently convinced of her guilt.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 17506
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Fri 25 Aug 2023, 11:46 am

McLaren wrote:Unless I am mistaken, I think I am being accused by people on here of adopting an illogical position. My position being I am not currently convinced of her guilt.
The evidence was  clearly considered sufficient to find her guilty. Why is it not convincing for you?
It's rather ironic that you reject evidence for a guilty verdict or rather deem it insufficient to convince you, but you accept the claims of an abuse victim without evidence and without question and also you think it's a good idea for the Police to believe such claims implicitly and without evidence.

A mountain of evidence isn't enough to convince you of the guilt of a defendant, but the accused in an abuse case is automatically guilty. Ha ha . Usual lack of consistency Mac.

super_realist

Posts : 28869
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Stavanger, Norway

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 25 Aug 2023, 6:39 pm

McLaren wrote:Unless I am mistaken, I think I am being accused by people on here of adopting an illogical position. My position being I am not currently convinced of her guilt.

Fortunately it doesn't matter whether you're convinced or not.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 22386
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Fri 25 Aug 2023, 9:00 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
McLaren wrote:Unless I am mistaken, I think I am being accused by people on here of adopting an illogical position. My position being I am not currently convinced of her guilt.

Fortunately it doesn't matter whether you're convinced or not.

I get that.

I guess I was just curious what has convinced others of her guilt?
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 17506
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Duty281 Fri 25 Aug 2023, 9:18 pm

McLaren wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
McLaren wrote:Unless I am mistaken, I think I am being accused by people on here of adopting an illogical position. My position being I am not currently convinced of her guilt.

Fortunately it doesn't matter whether you're convinced or not.

I get that.

I guess I was just curious what has convinced others of her guilt?

You were provided with this information, but chose not to read it.

Duty281

Posts : 33160
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28
Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 25 Aug 2023, 9:27 pm

McLaren wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
McLaren wrote:Unless I am mistaken, I think I am being accused by people on here of adopting an illogical position. My position being I am not currently convinced of her guilt.

Fortunately it doesn't matter whether you're convinced or not.

I get that.

I guess I was just curious what has convinced others of her guilt?

I'm curious - do you doubt every verdict of every trial where you weren't in court to hear all the evidence?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 22386
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

super_realist likes this post

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Sat 26 Aug 2023, 5:42 am

McLaren wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
McLaren wrote:Unless I am mistaken, I think I am being accused by people on here of adopting an illogical position. My position being I am not currently convinced of her guilt.

Fortunately it doesn't matter whether you're convinced or not.

I get that.

I guess I was just curious what has convinced others of her guilt?
What convinces you a sex abuse victim is telling the truth without evidence to support the claim?

super_realist

Posts : 28869
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Stavanger, Norway

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Mon 28 Aug 2023, 10:25 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
McLaren wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
McLaren wrote:Unless I am mistaken, I think I am being accused by people on here of adopting an illogical position. My position being I am not currently convinced of her guilt.

Fortunately it doesn't matter whether you're convinced or not.

I get that.

I guess I was just curious what has convinced others of her guilt?

I'm curious - do you doubt every verdict of every trial where you weren't in court to hear all the evidence?

I don't doubt many verdicts but often I think the evidence is straightforward enough to come over in the media reporting. In this case it seems like quite a nuanced trail of circumstantial evidence which I don't think the reporting has been able to convey. I am not one of those people who will not accept circumstantial evidence but I still need to hear what it was and how it played out to become convinced of someone's guilt.

If I had not mentioned my own feelings on whether Letby was guilty or not and just asked for a very good explanation of the case would those on this forum have been more willing to engage on the topic? Really I am just curious to know the details of the trail. And what Duty gave me earlier did not contain the details, it was basically local news minute by minute reporting.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 17506
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Mon 28 Aug 2023, 10:29 am

But Mac, you have demonstrated that you don't require evidence to come to a conclusion. You've admitted it and actually stated that the police shouldn't either.

super_realist

Posts : 28869
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Stavanger, Norway

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Mon 28 Aug 2023, 10:30 am

super_realist wrote:
What convinces you a sex abuse victim is telling the truth without evidence to support the claim?

Depends what you want to use the claim for. For me to believe them them the prior probability of sexual assualt happening is enough. And we must always remember that false claims are vanishingly rare. The chances are you would know the person as well and so you would have a good understanding of the person as well.

To remove somones liberty and send them to jail you would need more evidence than just knowing the person making the claim against them was being honest. You would need whatever it is that juries generally find convincing in those cases.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 17506
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Mon 28 Aug 2023, 10:31 am

super_realist wrote:But Mac, you have demonstrated that you don't require evidence to come to a conclusion. You've admitted it and actually stated that the police shouldn't either.

What?
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 17506
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Mon 28 Aug 2023, 10:36 am

McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:But Mac, you have demonstrated that you don't require evidence to come to a conclusion. You've admitted it and actually stated that the police shouldn't either.

What?

You stated unequivocally that an allegation of a sexual assault should be treated as a fact. 
You implore that the police treat the alleged victim as if her claim is 100% factual. 
Therefore the question is, why don't you require evidence to find an accused guilty of a sexual abuse case but you require more evidence for Letby when it has already been proven in court that the evidence more than met the legal threshold to deliver a full life term.

Your previous weak answer clearly introduces bias into a case before it's even been investigated.
Also, don't you also think that the chance of an innocent person who find themselves up in front of the beak for murder is just as "vanishingly small" as those accused of sexual assault?

super_realist

Posts : 28869
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Stavanger, Norway

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue 29 Aug 2023, 3:46 pm

Sadiq Kh*nt doing his best to make life worse for Londoners.

super_realist

Posts : 28869
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Stavanger, Norway

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Tue 29 Aug 2023, 4:30 pm

super_realist wrote:Sadiq Kh*nt doing his best to make life worse for Londoners.

…by expanding the Johnson scheme?? Trouble is as Khan and Labour are finding out, there’s a lot more Nimby’s in the suburbs.

Definitely bit off more than he can chew with this one though as it covers Heathrow as well…so that’s at least another £25 onto airport parking, it also covers Twickenham and Wembley and I suppose other sporting venues which Khan will think “oh yeah what a money spinner” rather than “Poopie what a vote loser”

JAS

Posts : 5149
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 61
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue 29 Aug 2023, 4:39 pm

JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:Sadiq Kh*nt doing his best to make life worse for Londoners.

…by expanding the Johnson scheme?? Trouble is as Khan and Labour are finding out, there’s a lot more Nimby’s in the suburbs.

Definitely bit off more than he can chew with this one though as it covers Heathrow as well…so that’s at least another £25 onto airport parking, it also covers Twickenham and Wembley and I suppose other sporting venues which Khan will think “oh yeah what a money spinner” rather than “Poopie what a vote loser”

The air quality in the areas he has expanded it into is perfectly fine, yet he does nothing about the underground air quality which is something like 30x worse than the air outside. 

It's nothing more than money raising from this arse hole and clearly it's going to affect small businesses and the poorest in society most. 
Not surprisingly his V8 Range Rover cavalcade is excempt.

He's already been caught out lying that air quality kills 4000 a year and asked UCL to rewrite their report that the expanded ULEZ will do nothing to help air quality. Why do Londoners vote for this jumped up wanchor?

super_realist

Posts : 28869
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Stavanger, Norway

Davie and BlueCoverman like this post

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Tue 29 Aug 2023, 4:46 pm

Speaking of Twickers I was there Friday night for the Springboks v what was allegedly the All blacks and their final warm up game before RWC, I’m not 100% sure what it was a case of the ABs being awful or the Boks being brilliant but I certainly never expected such a one sided encounter. Obviously it was a warm up game so things were being tried that might/might not work. Both teams were basically trying to run everything, had the Boks taken all their kickable penalties in 1st half they’d have been 21/24-0 up at half time rather than 14-0 from 2 converted tries. It was total dominance, scrums, line outs the lot. The Boks will take a LOT of stopping next month.

JAS

Posts : 5149
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 61
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue 29 Aug 2023, 4:52 pm

Group of death that Springboks one, especially for the Scotch. 
They've had a great couple of years but they aren't getting past Sith Efrica or the Tatty Munchers

super_realist

Posts : 28869
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Stavanger, Norway

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Tue 29 Aug 2023, 4:52 pm

super_realist wrote:
I Why do Londoners vote for this jumped up wanchor?

One could conclude, looking at his predecessor, that they’ve got form on making poor choices!!

Having said that, it’s how democracy works, don’t knock it too much.

JAS

Posts : 5149
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 61
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue 29 Aug 2023, 4:53 pm

JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:
I Why do Londoners vote for this jumped up wanchor?

One could conclude, looking at his predecessor, that they’ve got form on making poor choices!!

Having said that, it’s how democracy works, don’t knock it too much.
Johnson was pretty terrible but I think on balance Khan has been much worse.

super_realist

Posts : 28869
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Stavanger, Norway

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by I'm never wrong Tue 29 Aug 2023, 6:38 pm

One employer has succesfully challenged the fines he got for the ULEZ by saying the signs were incorrect in not showing that drivers were entering a chargeable zone, like they do in the Congestion Charge Zone. Judge sided in his favour after given TfL time to produce the evidence, which they didn't. TfL said wrong evidence was produced and that the DfT approved signs way back. Judgement is a one off, and not applicable going forward to everyone.

I'm never wrong

Posts : 2933
Join date : 2011-05-26
Location : Just up the road, and turn right at the lights.

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue 29 Aug 2023, 7:49 pm

I'm never wrong wrote:One employer has succesfully challenged the fines he got for the ULEZ by saying the signs were incorrect in not showing that drivers were entering a chargeable zone, like they do in the Congestion Charge Zone. Judge sided in his favour after given TfL time to produce the evidence, which they didn't. TfL said wrong evidence was produced and that the DfT approved signs way back. Judgement is a one off, and not applicable going forward to everyone.

Starmer will be rightfully furious that tinpot Hitler Khan is affecting Labour votes. His mad virtue signalling has already cost them Johnson's Uxbridge seat

super_realist

Posts : 28869
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Stavanger, Norway

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by westisbest Wed 30 Aug 2023, 9:11 am

JAS wrote:Yep it would be good to see as many though as possible...even Hibs!! :-p  Any Villa fans about?


Yes JAS, I’m a villa fan. Good result for us last week. Could have been more.
Job done going into tomorrows game.

Interesting to see how many Changes Emery makes.

We have the favourites tag now, after West Ham winning it.

Not going to be easy. Wouldn’t surprise me if we don’t win it.

Lost 2 key players at the start of the season, need to add a couple more before the window closes, if we are to go far.

westisbest

Posts : 7920
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by westisbest Wed 30 Aug 2023, 9:15 am

Springboks to win the world cu for me.

westisbest

Posts : 7920
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

JAS likes this post

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Wed 30 Aug 2023, 11:39 am

Super

How come you have such strong feelings about the mayor of the city you don't live in or have any meaningful connection to?
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 17506
Join date : 2011-01-27

JAS likes this post

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Wed 30 Aug 2023, 11:43 am

westisbest wrote:
JAS wrote:Yep it would be good to see as many though as possible...even Hibs!! :-p  Any Villa fans about?


Yes JAS, I’m a villa fan. Good result for us last week. Could have been more.
Job done going into tomorrows game.

Interesting to see how many Changes Emery makes.

We have the favourites tag now, after West Ham winning it.

Not going to be easy. Wouldn’t surprise me if we don’t win it.

Lost 2 key players at the start of the season, need to add a couple more before the window closes, if we are to go far.

To be fair, Emery has an impressive European CV does he not?

JAS

Posts : 5149
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 61
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Wed 30 Aug 2023, 11:45 am

McLaren wrote:Super

How come you have such strong feelings about the mayor of the city you don't live in or have any meaningful connection to?
Because Mac, what happens in London will inevitably happen elsewhere. It might not bother a bus dwelling person such as yourself, but Edinburgh is, or already has instigated such a process and as such all services you rely on, such as plumbers, joiners, heating engineers, builders, deliveries, especially the self employed ones will be passing that cost on to you, me and everyone else. 
Are you really that myopic you can't see that? Take a look at the misery it's already causing in Glasgow, as if that place wasn't miserable enough.

Also, how do you know what connections I have with London?

super_realist

Posts : 28869
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Stavanger, Norway

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Wed 30 Aug 2023, 11:46 am

McLaren wrote:Super

How come you have such strong feelings about the mayor of the city you don't live in or have any meaningful connection to?

It's a standard right wing activity to demonise any high profile left of centre politician. Rishi's little foot soldier :-p

JAS

Posts : 5149
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 61
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Wed 30 Aug 2023, 11:47 am

Super

I don't even know what the Khan/London issue is this week. From your responses I gather it must be some sort of "green" thing.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 17506
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Wed 30 Aug 2023, 11:47 am

JAS wrote:
McLaren wrote:Super

How come you have such strong feelings about the mayor of the city you don't live in or have any meaningful connection to?

It's a standard right wing activity to demonise any high profile left of centre politician. Rishi's little foot soldier :-p

This is probably the correct answer.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 17506
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Wed 30 Aug 2023, 11:48 am

There you go Mac, 2 explanations...take your pick...based on evidence...obviously :-p

Ah you took your pick so quickly you beat me to it.

JAS

Posts : 5149
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 61
Location : Swindon

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Wed 30 Aug 2023, 11:51 am

McLaren wrote:Super

I don't even know what the Khan/London issue is this week. From your responses I gather it must be some sort of "green" thing.

Given you live in a vacuum I'm not surprised. 

Why don't you look at what "evidence" Khan is putting forward to justify ULEZ. Even someone who doesn't accept evidence to come to a conclusion should find it amusing.

Just because he's left wing, doesn't mean he isn't being a complete tool. He's basically done a Poll Tax in London.

super_realist

Posts : 28869
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Stavanger, Norway

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 30 Aug 2023, 1:14 pm

Some interesting reading here, but since it's the Guardian, it's obviously all left-wing nonsense, lacking any credible evidence - https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/may/05/pollutionwatch-debunking-myths-low-emission-zones-health-air-pollution

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 22386
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Wed 30 Aug 2023, 2:34 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Some interesting reading here, but since it's the Guardian, it's obviously all left-wing nonsense, lacking any credible evidence - https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/may/05/pollutionwatch-debunking-myths-low-emission-zones-health-air-pollution

Given that Khan has already been pulled up for trying to get a university paper to reword their reports on the efficacy of ULEZ to cover up it is useless in its aims , and he was caught lying about the number of people poor air affects fatally I'm not trusting crap in a rag like The Guardian.

It's  the EXPANSION that's the issue, not ULEZ's in general.


Last edited by super_realist on Wed 30 Aug 2023, 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Posts : 28869
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Stavanger, Norway

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Wed 30 Aug 2023, 2:34 pm

super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:Super

I don't even know what the Khan/London issue is this week. From your responses I gather it must be some sort of "green" thing.

Given you live in a vacuum I'm not surprised. 

Why don't you look at what "evidence" Khan is putting forward to justify ULEZ. Even someone who doesn't accept evidence to come to a conclusion should find it amusing.

Just because he's left wing, doesn't mean he isn't being a complete tool. He's basically done a Poll Tax in London.

What is ULEZ? and should I care?
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 17506
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum