The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre-World Cup World XV - Tighthead Prop

Go down

Who is the best Tighthead Prop in World Rugby?

Pre-World Cup World XV - Tighthead Prop Vote_lcap30%Pre-World Cup World XV - Tighthead Prop Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]
doctor_grey, theslosty, Pete330v2
Pre-World Cup World XV - Tighthead Prop Vote_lcap50%Pre-World Cup World XV - Tighthead Prop Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 5 ]
Sgt_Pooly, No 7&1/2, demosthenes, Pal Joey, BamBam
Pre-World Cup World XV - Tighthead Prop Vote_lcap20%Pre-World Cup World XV - Tighthead Prop Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]
carpet baboon, neilthom7

Total Votes : 10

+6
Pal Joey
BamBam
carpet baboon
neilthom7
theslosty
Pete330v2
10 posters

Poll closed

Pre-World Cup World XV - Tighthead Prop Empty Pre-World Cup World XV - Tighthead Prop

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 06 Sep 2023, 6:33 am

I've seen a few of these floating around on social media so with the impending world cup, I thought it would be interesting to try and create a 606v2 XV and possibly see how it compares to one after England lift the trophy. Mostly done on form coming into the tournament.....add your thoughts, selections and complaints below.

Next up.......we have no3.......Tighthead prop:

1. Uini Atonio - A man mountain of a prop weighing in at approximately 150kg.....yes you read that right. He's had a fantastic year, ripping up trees (he literally could do this) at all levels.

2. Frans Malherbe - I don't think there's been a better scrummaging tighthead since probably Carl Hayman.....and a real rarity to find such a dominant set-piece prop in the modern game.

3. Tadhg Furlong - Despite perhaps slipping off from levels from previous years (is his scrummaging as good as it used to be?), Furlong continues to be one of the best tightheads in world rugby.

(Notable mentions to Vincent Koch and Beka Gigashvili)

https://www.606v2.com/t71207-pre-world-cup-world-xv-loosehead#4104407 - Loosehead
https://www.606v2.com/t71208-pre-world-cup-world-xv-hooker - Hooker

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down