The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Callum Smith....The Brit that will die wondering !!!!!.........

3 posters

Go down

Callum Smith....The Brit that will die wondering !!!!!......... Empty Callum Smith....The Brit that will die wondering !!!!!.........

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 15 Jan 2024, 12:59 pm

First off Beterbiev isn't stronger at 39 than he was when he was younger.....If he is juicing it won't be like he has started now that's not how it works with these guys.....As for Bellew's insinuations well he is happy to give his Cabin Master's charge Benn the benefit of the doubt (Oh yes he works for Eddie doesn't he !!)....."Atypical" findings aren't "Abnormal".....So his spike was in an intermediate range I expect.....Certainly if you have trained legs hard any given day that is to be expected....Timing of tests are important...

I've always rated Callum Smith highly.....Best British talent for me since Calzaghe........Huge....Strong.....Good jab....Good power......

But that means nothing when you choke at the highest level..........I picked him to beat Canelo and he basically ignored all his advantages to fight a negative fight where the smaller Man outworked and outmuscled him.......Thought he had a great chance Saturday but right at the start he backed off and was bundled to the ropes and on the end of a twenty punch flurry which stamped Beterbiev's hold on the fight......and when Beterbiev did back off for a rest Smith's advances were less than full hearted....Smith did land some good jabs when he threw them..

I still think a Callum Smith with 100% confidence beats both guys but it won't happen now......Not sure if he is the reflective type but he should have done better and if he looks back he should be wondering.....He had the tools...

Not to say the kid shouldn't be proud of his achievements he should !!.......British...European and a piece of pie is a good career...

But it should have been a been a better one......Time to retire now though and enjoy the family..... coffee

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Callum Smith....The Brit that will die wondering !!!!!......... Empty Re: Callum Smith....The Brit that will die wondering !!!!!.........

Post by Mochyn du Mon 15 Jan 2024, 10:06 pm

I haven't watched Callum smith much but his performance against Canelo was that of someone who fell under the spell. Not as bad as Kovalev's legacy destroying performance but I think a lot of boxers are in awe of Canelo and show him too much respect. As for Beterbiev I am not a fan at all. Basically throws straight one twos with power and keeps coming forward, is awful on the backfoot but no-one has been brave enough to take the fight to him yet . I think Bivol takes him as unlike most others he wasn't scared to outbox Canelo and Beterbiev is slowing down. Not that he was especially quick to begin with.

Mochyn du

Back to top Go down

Callum Smith....The Brit that will die wondering !!!!!......... Empty Re: Callum Smith....The Brit that will die wondering !!!!!.........

Post by No name Bertie Tue 16 Jan 2024, 1:15 am

One person sees Callum Smith choking at the top level and that he would have won if he didn't choke while another person sees it as Callum Smith being beaten by the better fighters - with fighters occupying different levels. Of course styles make fights etc and some fighters may have had chemical advantages.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 16 Jan 2024, 1:14 pm

No name Bertie wrote:One person sees Callum Smith choking at the top level and that he would have won if he didn't choke while another person sees it as Callum Smith being beaten by the better fighters - with fighters occupying different levels.  Of course styles make fights etc and some fighters may have had chemical advantages.

Chemical advantages are more important when a guy doesn't volunteer to back off on the ropes and let the other guy feast on him....All too easy for Beterbiev.....Though unlike Mochyn I see a more skilled pressure fighter in Beterbiev. A bit like Chavez who some found ordinary.

But I get that you might think I rate Smith too highly......Certainly have a compelling argument even if I don't agree.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down