The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury v Usyk......Trussy's Trusty 15 round ten point must system.

4 posters

Go down

Fury v Usyk......Trussy's Trusty 15 round ten point must system. Empty Fury v Usyk......Trussy's Trusty 15 round ten point must system.

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 03 Apr 2024, 12:55 pm

Chin..................Fury 10 Usyk 9 (At Heavy)
Body capacity.....Fury 10 Usyk 9
Stamina.............Fury 9 Usyk 10
Power................Fury 10 Usyk 8
Ring generalship.Fury 9 Usyk 10
Experience.........Fury 9 Usyk 10
Footwork...........Fury 10 Usyk 10
Size..................Fury 10 Usyk 8
Bodywork..........Fury 9 Usyk 10
Reach...............Fury 10 Usyk 8
Prime...............Fury 9 Usyk 10
Speed..............Fury 9 Usyk 10
Fighting inside...Fury 9 Usyk 10
Finishing(heavy) Fury 10 Usyk 9
Jab...................Fury 9 Usyk 10

Score 142 - 141 Fury...........Trussy predictor says (never wrong) Fury ko7 Usyk.....Usyk ahead on points at the time..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Fury v Usyk......Trussy's Trusty 15 round ten point must system. Empty Re: Fury v Usyk......Trussy's Trusty 15 round ten point must system.

Post by Derek Smalls Sat 06 Apr 2024, 11:20 am

What you’re doing is rating the best version of Tyson Fury. I have difficulty with rating him higher on stamina, chin and ring generalship. If I were to bet then I would either risk it being a draw as that’s always a nice bet for big heavy fights, or Usyk tko from cuts.
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Fury v Usyk......Trussy's Trusty 15 round ten point must system. Empty Re: Fury v Usyk......Trussy's Trusty 15 round ten point must system.

Post by Mochyn du Sun 07 Apr 2024, 9:04 pm

Is this fight ever going to happen though?

Mochyn du

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 08 Apr 2024, 8:42 pm

Derek Smalls wrote:What you’re doing is rating the best version of Tyson Fury. I have difficulty with rating him higher on stamina, chin and ring generalship. If I were to bet then I would either risk it being a draw as that’s always a nice bet for big heavy fights, or Usyk tko from cuts.

I'm not rating the best version of Fury.....I haven't rated him higher on stamina or ring generalship.........But at Heavy I do expect him to take a clean shot better than a career Cruiser......Just like I'd rate a dodgy chin Holmes higher than Spinks who was sturdy at 175..

Not sure you read the list before you posted.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Tue 09 Apr 2024, 1:13 pm

I only half read it to be honest. You are quite right. I will be sure and look at the Trussy predictor the day after the result and will be the first to praise your failsafe system if your prediction is correct, which as you assert it is sure to be! Cheers !
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Apr 2024, 1:47 pm

Derek Smalls wrote:I only half read it to be honest. You are quite right. I will be sure and look at the Trussy  predictor the day after the result and will be the first to praise your failsafe system if your prediction is correct, which as you assert it is sure to be! Cheers !  

Spending two minutes to reply to a 30 second-to-view piece you couldn't be bothered reading is certainly a novel approach to debating...

Not sure it will catch on.........As for the article I only have Fury to win by 1 point.....So it wouldn't surprise me if Usyk won although I do think Fury will be too big.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Wed 10 Apr 2024, 6:01 pm

I just like to support your articles so as to keep some debate going. If there’s an article, I try and reply, as per the other recent ones where nobody else replied…. You are welcome…
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 11 Apr 2024, 11:48 am

Derek Smalls wrote:I just like to support your articles so as to keep some debate going. If there’s an article, I try and reply, as per the other recent ones where nobody else replied…. You are welcome…

I appreciate you feeling sorry for me....But here is a little secret just between me and you Wink

I'm more interested in the views my threads get.......Fully aware that certain people won't reply because of the OP or that people who don't want to join the site read them from afar....

If you scroll down to the Kenty v O'Grady article.......It's had over 1500 views....Which isn't too bad !! thumbsup

Thanks for having my back though... !! Hug ...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Thu 11 Apr 2024, 12:42 pm

Mochyn du wrote:Is this fight ever going to happen though?

Hmm, I can see why you ask this- Fury has resorted to verbal histrionics and put downs which is a dire omen, it means that he is gee-ing himself up. I would rather see quiet confidence but his head is quite obviously all over the place. He’s certainly used the extra time after the ‘accidental’ cut to work on his physical fitness. Have long maintained that he’s way past his best days and I wouldn’t be at all surprised to find out that his body has taken too many shocks for him to rise to the occasion.
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 11 Apr 2024, 1:17 pm

It's not a popular opinion right now, but I think Fury is winning this, and winning it convincingly.

I don't necessarily disagree that Fury might be past his best, but so is Usyk, albeit for different reasons. Giving away the size and weight as he has, Usyk's done fantastically well at Heavy, but I still think if a really exceptional Heavyweight puts it on him properly, he could unravel.

I think Usyk will have to fight a lot more aggressively here than he has in any of his other Heavy fights so far to have a chance, and I think he's too wedded to his technique and style to do it. I don't see him hurting Fury and he can't rely on Fury wilting late on, ala Joshua or the very chinny Dubois.

I'm loathe to resort to the old 'styles make fights' cliché, but there's a reason that a shopworn Chisora was Usyk's closest fight at Heavyweight so far.

Have said it before, but in my mind if Usyk wins this he genuinely slots in behind only Mayweather and Pacquiao as the greatest fighter of the century to this point. Absolutely immense credit to him if he can pull it off. But I've just never seen it with this match-up.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Mochyn du Thu 11 Apr 2024, 4:24 pm

Whilst I agree that (sadly) Fury will win I don’t think the Chisora/Usyk fight was all that close. I think despite the back peddling by Usyk I saw him as being well in control and landing by far the cleaner shots.

The problem for Usyk is that he’s almost been too dominant and I’ve never seen him in any real trouble other than having the odd puzzle to solve like against Bellew who was finally worked out and worn down. I think this could Usyk’s undoing along with all the physical disadvatages.

Mochyn du

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 11 Apr 2024, 5:45 pm

I agree it wasn't a particularly close fight in and of itself, Mochyn, but it was certainly a hell of a lot more closely-contested and competitive than any of Usyk's fights against Witherspoon, Dubois or Joshua first time out. Maybe in terms of pure scoring the Joshua rematch is comparable.

It's not just the fact that the fight was competitive, though, it's also about how Usyk didn't look particularly good or impressive in it until Chisora started tiring as the fight wore on. Got hit with a lot of crude punches early on, and at times was having to cede a lot of ground without really doing any effective punching when pressured. The things which Chisora used to make life uncomfortable for Usyk, Fury has in greater quantity and quality, and unlike Chisora he's also never been prone to gassing.

Mind you, that was only Usyk's second fight at Heavyweight and he is a little better-accustomed to the weight now. His hardest test and closest contest was without doubt Briedis down at Cruiser, but I think the parameters of this fight are so different there's not much which can be read into that one here.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Sat 13 Apr 2024, 1:19 pm

To my eyes , it’s reminiscent of the feeling on the run up to the Mayweather and Manny fight. A lot of expectation has brewed up and the fight itself may not be one that catches fire.

I can definitely see footwork being the main thing for at least two rounds, with Fury wanting to prove that he still ‘has it’. With a reach advantage like his you would think that it’s enough for him to control the fight. Usyk is certainly not going to commit early. Going by his previous fights at heavy is naturally a good indicator of his usual fight plans, and Usyk has taken punishment,sure.
Whilst he was figuring out how to beat Belew, he was doing nothing very much and eating punishment. I’m not of the opinion that this will be his strategy for this fight. Chisora fight he was happy to make a lame impression at heavyweight to create a false sense of insecurity and said that he was injured (-for once I think this excuse can be taken at face value, I don’t think Usyk is the type to make excuses).

Let’s not forget that Fury has had people tee-ing off at him in many if not most,of his fights since his comeback. Whilst I can see him “doing a ‘Wladimir” and employing the good old Jab and Grab, after a few rounds of showboating with his footwork, I think this will be a risible tactic against Usyk who hasn’t really shown to be bullied in any of his previous, even though he has indeed eaten a lot of shots.

I don’t think Haye and Wladimir is a good barometer with this one. Haye was a potshotter compared to Usyk.Usyk can have success with snipe attacks to Fury’s middle section and this is where his feet will keep him out of trouble. I’m pushing the boat out here but I think we can discount Fury’s power advantage on the basis that it’s been over-rated. I’m discounting the latter Wilder showings as largely irrelevant such was the weakness of his opposition.In any case he’s intending to fight at his lower weight-range which makes clear his intention to rely on the mobility as opposed to power.

In all honesty, I don’t have a feel for how Usyk is going to try to win, but I do feel that it will be easy for him to figure Fury out. It’s not as if we don’t know what he does-“jerky-jerky” or “rough-house” is how you can describe his two styles. If it comes down to a cat and mouse between the two of them, there’s only one winner, and I say this because footwork will be key. Will Fury present Usyk with anything that he can’t figure out? Ultimately I only see one winner because Fury has not only a propensity for cuts, he’s easy to hit and as my sense is that Fury is in the stage where Ali he was when he fought Bonavera, meaning that he is in need of another plan. Of course Ali found his Plan B, and more,in time, but in comparison Fury is the lazier, less active and less motivated man to climb the hill after a lay-off at the peak of his career.

Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 16 Apr 2024, 12:57 pm

Yes I'm not sure Fury's cut will have healed.....Remember Biggs v Tyson after Bey opened a cut on Tyrell 6 months earlier..

Fury has to start like he did in Wilder 2.....Or he loses.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mochyn du Tue 16 Apr 2024, 7:19 pm

Don ‘t suppose I can watch this on normal TV can I? I lose track of what cable channels I’m supposed to buy. Bring back 4 stations that’s what I say!

Mochyn du

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Tue 16 Apr 2024, 9:32 pm

If anyone’s inventing a time machine, I’m in.
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down