The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sergio Martinez Confirms: Chavez Jr Must Face Me Next

+3
The Galveston Giant
Lumbering_Jack
Steffan
7 posters

Go down

Sergio Martinez Confirms: Chavez Jr Must Face Me Next  Empty Sergio Martinez Confirms: Chavez Jr Must Face Me Next

Post by Steffan Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:53 pm

Original article by Chris LaBate

The WBC's Diamond champion at middleweight, Sergio Martinez, confirmed an earlier story by BoxingScene.com's Miguel Rivera, who was advised by WBC president Jose Sulaiman that middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. was granted permission to make a voluntary defense, but has to face Martinez in his next fight. Sulaiman also explained that Marco Antonio Rubio is not the mandatory challenger because his April fight with David Lemieux was never sanctioned as a final eliminator.

"Exactly, word for word," was Martinez's reaction to Rivera's BoxingScene story. "I want to add that if Chavez doesn't sign the contract for this fight, he won't be champion.
I believe in the word of WBC and Don Jose."

Chavez's next fight is tentative for November 19 against contender Peter Manfredo Jr. A fight with Martinez, if it ever happens, would take place some time in 2012.

Regards

Steffan

(c) All material published by Steffan is his own unless stated at the top of the publication so is therefore protected by copyright.

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Sergio Martinez Confirms: Chavez Jr Must Face Me Next  Empty Re: Sergio Martinez Confirms: Chavez Jr Must Face Me Next

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:54 pm

Attention seeker.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Sergio Martinez Confirms: Chavez Jr Must Face Me Next  Empty Re: Sergio Martinez Confirms: Chavez Jr Must Face Me Next

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:55 pm

This is good news, would love to see it, looks like Chavez must take it to keep his crown.

(c) All material published by Galveston is his own unless stated at the top of the statement so is therefore protected by copyright.

Last edited by The Galveston Giant on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:56 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Attention seeker.

Yeah talking about boxing on a boxing board. I need help...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 20 Jun 2011, 1:00 pm

no way doe Arum let Chavez in with Martinez, he would get eaten for breakfast. Cue fake injury from Chavez and 'im not scared' talk

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 20 Jun 2011, 1:00 pm

Anyway im going to ignore the people who dont want to talk about boxing and give my 50p

Personally I think there is no way that Chavez would beat Martinez but then i thought there was no way Mosley would beat Margarito. It just has upset written all over it. Martinez is the business though so if I had to bet money id back him

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 20 Jun 2011, 1:11 pm

steffan i did reply to you on my thread but it got taken down, so cheers for that. and no mas if your there. The mods did say i could post on it. so not sure why it got took down but anyway

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 20 Jun 2011, 1:20 pm

No worries mate im here to talk boxing unlike other posters who prefere to complain about bold writing or accuse people of having alias. Not sure what happened with your article but I think the mods are doing a good job on here so far. Im fairly confident you are not davidmoore but even if you were im not bothered unlike coxy etc im here to talk boxing not play 'guess who'

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 20 Jun 2011, 1:23 pm

i assure you i am not. The Azania said i can talk abotu my blog as long as i dont litter the board so i will make sure i dont. Anyway, blog is there, you and all are welcome to join. Now re MArtinez. I dont see him and Chavez getting it on, or at the very elast Arum will want to wait till Martinez is in decline,after all he is 35

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon 20 Jun 2011, 1:31 pm

Arum will probably cone out with his "no free rides for other promotors fighters" mantra and make the negotiations as difficult as possible. Martinez won't care, he bent to every demand Williams made then sparked him in two rounds. Assuming arum doesn't fiddle Chavez' way out if it Martinez would give him a boxing lesson. Chavez Jr is over protected and has looked worse than mediocre against some very average opponents. No upset here. For me the only surprise will be if it happens at all.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 20 Jun 2011, 1:36 pm

Dibella would bend too, he seems interested in making big fights but still unless sergio skills lesson severley then no dice with this oen

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 20 Jun 2011, 2:13 pm

No way Martinez gets baby-Chavez.

Not unless baby-Chavez does something like sleep with Arum's neice. That's literally the only way I can see it happening. Chavez jr is a cash cow and put him in with Martinez, he's going to take a pounding, pure and simple. One of those potentially career ending poundings.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by UpandUnder Mon 20 Jun 2011, 4:38 pm

there is more chance of Bob putting chavez in with my gran than Martinez.

UpandUnder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down