The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marquez: No Mayweather Jr. Mistakes With Pacquiao

+12
Young_Towzer
Seanusarrilius
BALTIMORA
OasisBFC
Zeb the owl
Fists of Fury
coxy0001
Mind the windows Tino.
sparkymarky
Michaels, Sean
Rowley
Steffan
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Marquez: No Mayweather Jr. Mistakes With Pacquiao Empty Marquez: No Mayweather Jr. Mistakes With Pacquiao

Post by Steffan Thu 23 Jun 2011, 10:14 am

(Original article by Jhonny Gonzalez)

Lightweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez will do everything possible to avoid the mistakes which led to a dominating decision loss to Floyd Mayweather Jr. in 2009. Marquez moved up by two divisions to face Mayweather at 147-pounds. On November 12 he climbs back up, by nearly two divisions, to a catch-weight of 144-pounds to face WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao.

Marquez plans to work with a specialty group of medical physicians to shape his body and to assist him with a proper gain in weight, so the boxer retains his speed and gains power from the added muscle. Marquez blamed the "gained weight" for his loss to Mayweather. He felt weaker and lost much of his speed. He won't make the same mistake against Pacquiao.

"The fight with Mayweather was a [learning] experience for me. This time I'll go up [in weight] and I'll be very strong, fast, and this time I shouldn't notice the difference. I'm going to see specialized doctors to work on that," Marquez told Sal Rodriguez.

Marquez returns on July 16 in Mexico in a ten round bout against Likar Ramos.

Regards

Steffan

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Marquez: No Mayweather Jr. Mistakes With Pacquiao Empty Re: Marquez: No Mayweather Jr. Mistakes With Pacquiao

Post by Rowley Thu 23 Jun 2011, 10:26 am

Will be interesting to see how he carries the weight because he did look fleshy against Floyd, but as Hopkins and Holy have proven recently the weight can be gained quite effectively with a little more scientific approach. Still would have to fancy Manny because he is the guy who to me has improved most since their last fights (and then some) however stylistically Marquez obviouly caused him problems so if he can do the weight more effectively than against Floyd he could hoepfully make things interesting.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Marquez: No Mayweather Jr. Mistakes With Pacquiao Empty Re: Marquez: No Mayweather Jr. Mistakes With Pacquiao

Post by Michaels, Sean Thu 23 Jun 2011, 10:31 am

I'm going to see specialized doctors to work on that," Marquez told Sal Rodriguez.
------
Is he referring to Ali G's mate 'Dangerous Dave'?
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkymarky Thu 23 Jun 2011, 10:37 am

rowley wrote:Will be interesting to see how he carries the weight because he did look fleshy against Floyd, but as Hopkins and Holy have proven recently the weight can be gained quite effectively with a little more scientific approach. Still would have to fancy Manny because he is the guy who to me has improved most since their last fights (and then some) however stylistically Marquez obviouly caused him problems so if he can do the weight more effectively than against Floyd he could hoepfully make things interesting.

Took the words right out of my mouth Very Happy

sparkymarky

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 23 Jun 2011, 10:45 am

sparkymarky wrote:
rowley wrote:Will be interesting to see how he carries the weight because he did look fleshy against Floyd, but as Hopkins and Holy have proven recently the weight can be gained quite effectively with a little more scientific approach. Still would have to fancy Manny because he is the guy who to me has improved most since their last fights (and then some) however stylistically Marquez obviouly caused him problems so if he can do the weight more effectively than against Floyd he could hoepfully make things interesting.

ohhh it must have been when you were kissing me?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 23 Jun 2011, 10:46 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
sparkymarky wrote:

I swear it's true I was just about to say I love you

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 23 Jun 2011, 10:58 am

rowley wrote:
sparkymarky wrote:

I swear it's true I was just about to say I love you

To be honest watching 2 men declare their undying love for each other is more interesting than reading another repetitive heap of brown stuff on Pac/JMM/FMJ

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:18 am

You're an irritable sort of fellow aren't you Coxy. Have you ever thought about trying Yoga?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:22 am

rowley wrote:You're an irritable sort of fellow aren't you Coxy. Have you ever thought about trying Yoga?

I am just very disappointed that Coxy didn't join in the Meatloaf appreciation Rowley. Just you and I then.

Oh well, I suppose two out of three aint bad.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:23 am

rowley wrote:You're an irritable sort of fellow aren't you Coxy. Have you ever thought about trying Yoga?

I am just very disappointed that Coxy didn't join in the Meatloaf appreciation Rowley. Just you and I then.

Genius mate

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:27 am

laughing brilliant.

Some might say paradise by the keyboard lights... I'll get my coat.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:36 am

Your taxi is here Fists

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:40 am

I find solice in alcohol, sadly payday isn't for another 12hrs21ms, i've got about £6 to my name and will get my dong bitten off if i delve into savings for a visit to the pub tonight

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:40 am

No need for that, Jeff, when the night is over like a bat out of hell I'll be gone, gone, gone.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:41 am

See again Coxy you focus on the negative, is less than 10 days until a heavyweight unification fight, the sun is in the sky and I am going to see Kell Brook this weekend, all things being equal life is good.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:42 am

That actually amused me fists, not sure if it was the line I was laughing at or your sheer persistance.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeb the owl Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:43 am

rowley wrote:See again Coxy you focus on the negative, is less than 10 days until a heavyweight unification fight, the sun is in the sky and I am going to see Kell Brook this weekend, all things being equal life is good.

Kelly Brook would be better, but pretty good all the same

Zeb the owl

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:43 am

I agree, that is harsh Rowley. Fists would do anything for this forum, he just won't do "that".

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:45 am

rowley wrote:That actually amused me fists, not sure if it was the line I was laughing at or your sheer persistance.

Most likely the persistence mate!

Kell Brook fight should hopefully be a good one this weekend, he needs a big performance I think, and then really try and up his level. I'd very much welcome a fight against Mike Jones, I think that would be a test and and provide great entertainment.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:50 am

rowley wrote:See again Coxy you focus on the negative, is less than 10 days until a heavyweight unification fight, the sun is in the sky and I am going to see Kell Brook this weekend, all things being equal life is good.

What's positive about me being stuck in tonight having been ordered to clean!?

And the chance of Kell Brook fighting Jones is zero. Mainly because he spends to spend so long inactive so every fight he has is a tune up fight for the next "step up" that never seems to happen. Shame, talented fighter in my eyes.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:52 am

Coxy think that was true under Warren but hopefully the change of promoter will give him the focus and drive to match the talent. Also rumours he has started applying himself in the gym, which has been an issue in the past so heres hoping.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Jun 2011, 12:46 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:No need for that, Jeff, when the night is over like a bat out of hell I'll be gone, gone, gone.
"I would do anything for love...but I won't do THAT!"
Did we find out what That was? A sexual position ruled out through girth?Go on a small camping holiday in the Downs with David Haye and Duke McKenzie?Or even have to listen to the Beady Eye album?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 24 Jun 2011, 12:47 pm

Or even have to listen to the Beady Eye album?

If it is indeed THAT will have to concur with the rotund purveyor of overblown rock, a mistake I made once and only once.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 24 Jun 2011, 12:58 pm

But I'll never forget the way you feel right now, oh no, no way.
And I would do anything for love,
Oh I would do anything for love,
I would do anything for love,
But I won't do that,
No I won't do that.

That's all I have to say on the matter.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Fri 24 Jun 2011, 12:59 pm

you'd have thought marquez would have gone down the 'correct' route with mayweather, since it was the biggest fight of his career.

but no, he was drinking his own urine and throwing rocks about in the desert.

lets face it, he'll put the weight on and look sluggish once more. if he can do it and pull the weight off without noticing any difference he would have done it before.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 24 Jun 2011, 1:05 pm

Steffan, I'm not sure if you're aware of it, but it's possible to just cut & paste articles from other sites, instead of going to all this length writing out paragraph after paragraph of your own stuff...

Oh.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 24 Jun 2011, 1:09 pm

the only problem Maquez had last time is the same problem he will have this time, he is NOT a 144 pund fighter

this is goinng to be an unfair beatdown of a great champ unless Marquez doctors are actually ped's

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Jun 2011, 1:11 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:But I'll never forget the way you feel right now, oh no, no way.
But I won't do that,
No I won't do that.

I-I ,am thinking of you,
And the things you do.
That make me love you..
Now I'm living in Exeter.

Name that tune!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 24 Jun 2011, 1:20 pm

andygf wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:But I'll never forget the way you feel right now, oh no, no way.
But I won't do that,
No I won't do that.

I-I ,am thinking of you,
And the things you do.
That make me love you..

Name that tune!

Sister Sledge. "Thinking of you". What do I win?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 24 Jun 2011, 1:23 pm

andygf wrote:
But I won't do that,
No I won't do that.

I-I ,am thinking of you,
And the things you do.
That make me love you..

Name that tune!

Can't believe I even bothered to search that. Curiosity and all that...

SPOILER ALERT!!

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 24 Jun 2011, 1:31 pm

Does anyone remember Prefab Sprout " The King of Rock and Roll"?

I used to think the lyric was

"Hot dog, jumping frog, have a cookie". It was only about 2 years ago I realised it said "Albuquerque". Buffoon.

I really like boxing (just to keep it on topic).

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 24 Jun 2011, 1:40 pm

cant wait til Manny batters this clown, then listen to the excuses by Marquez and the fans alike, should be hypocritically funny.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Fri 24 Jun 2011, 1:41 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Does anyone remember Prefab Sprout " The King of Rock and Roll"?

"Hot dog, jumping frog, have a cookie". It was only about 2 years ago I realised it said "Albuquerque". Buffoon.

I honestly did think that as well. Name this song/artist:

I used to compose my own critical notices in my head.
"The crowd gasp at *******'s masterful control of the bicycle,
skilfully avoiding the dog turd next to the corner shop."
Imagining a blue plaque
above the place I first ever touched a girl's chest,
but hold on,
you've got to wait for the best.
You see you should take me seriously.
Very seriously indeed.
Cause I've been sleeping with your wife for the past sixteen weeks,
smoking your cigarettes,
drinking your brandy,
messing up the bed that you chose together.
And in all that time I just wanted you to come home unexpectedly one afternoon,
and catch us at it in the front room.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 24 Jun 2011, 1:44 pm

Believe it is Sheffield's own Pulp

YT why the aggression and who exactly will you be laughing at, am yet to see anyone to tip Marquez for this one, hard to laugh at people who called the fight right

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 24 Jun 2011, 1:46 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Does anyone remember Prefab Sprout " The King of Rock and Roll"?

I honestly did think that as well. Name this song/artist:

I used to compose my own critical notices in my head.
"The crowd gasp at *******'s masterful control of the bicycle,
skilfully avoiding the dog turd next to the corner shop."
Imagining a blue plaque
above the place I first ever touched a girl's chest,
but hold on,
you've got to wait for the best.
You see you should take me seriously.
Very seriously indeed.
Cause I've been sleeping with your wife for the past sixteen weeks,
smoking your cigarettes,
drinking your brandy,
messing up the bed that you chose together.
And in all that time I just wanted you to come home unexpectedly one afternoon,
and catch us at it in the front room.

Pulp. "I spy".

Prize please.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 24 Jun 2011, 1:48 pm

Rowley you stalker. Leave Towzer alone, or he will own you again. End of. LOL. HaHa. FACT.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 24 Jun 2011, 1:56 pm

Sorry Tino suspect a spell in the cage could be the answer for me

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 24 Jun 2011, 1:57 pm

rowley wrote:Sorry Tino suspect a spell in the cage could be the answer for me

Cooler. Two weeks.

Where's the little Stalag Luft Kommandant smiley?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Fri 24 Jun 2011, 2:02 pm

rowley wrote:Believe it is Sheffield's own Pulp

Cocker is a legend. The lyrics from that album are straight from is w*nk bank.

Last edited by Michaels, Sean on Fri 24 Jun 2011, 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : stupid bloody computer)
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 24 Jun 2011, 2:03 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Rowley you stalker. Leave Towzer alone, or he will own you again. End of. LOL. HaHa. FACT.

Dear god there is not an abbreviation that irritates me more in the English language than L*L, I have decided if I ever use it I will kill myself there and then. I refuse to respond to any text that uses it, it is truly the calling card of the moron. Under normal circumstances I would apologise to anyone who uses it I may have offended but in this instance I won't do any such thing, you're a moron and should take a long hard look at yourselves.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 24 Jun 2011, 2:07 pm

Really irritates me too Jeff, whenever I see it written on here I feel like screaming, I struggle to imagine that anyone can really laugh out loud that often but I suppose maturity doesn't go hand in hand with having the ability to use a computer.

Strange how the user who uses it most has next to no credibility isn't it really

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 24 Jun 2011, 2:09 pm

rowley wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Rowley you stalker. Leave Towzer alone, or he will own you again. End of. LOL. HaHa. FACT.

Dear god there is not an abbreviation that irritates me more in the English language than L*L, I have decided if I ever use it I will kill myself there and then. I refuse to respond to any text that uses it, it is truly the calling card of the moron. Under normal circumstances I would apologise to anyone who uses it I may have offended but in this instance I won't do any such thing, you're a moron and should take a long hard look at yourselves.

Quite agree. I hate it with a passion. My wife even used it in a text to me once. We very nearly became a statistic there and then.

I never quite understand who is supposed to be laughing out loud. Is it me, being the recipient of the text, or the person writing it? Either way it is just ridiculous.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 24 Jun 2011, 2:13 pm

Quite agree. I hate it with a passion. My wife even used it in a text to me once. We very nearly became a statistic there and then.

Have to say the day the missus does that we start dividing up the CD collection and sort out who gets the cat.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 24 Jun 2011, 2:18 pm

rowley wrote:Quite agree. I hate it with a passion. My wife even used it in a text to me once. We very nearly became a statistic there and then.

Have to say the day the missus does that we start dividing up the CD collection and sort out who gets the cat.

No brainer, give her the cat and you keep the music. Grab your Pollack books as well before she takes them for collateral.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Fri 24 Jun 2011, 2:24 pm

I never quite understand who is supposed to be laughing out loud. Is it me, being the recipient of the text, or the person writing it? Either way it is just ridiculous.

ROFL! LMAO
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 24 Jun 2011, 2:25 pm

OMFG WTF, IMHO this is LOLZ.

BRB

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 24 Jun 2011, 2:26 pm

steam

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Fri 24 Jun 2011, 2:27 pm

NS, GSOH, A-Levels + O-Levels
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 24 Jun 2011, 2:35 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:NS, GSOH, A-Levels + O-Levels

Looks like you are a veteran of lonely hearts Sean? You have all the terminology down to a tee. Do you like eating out, music and long walks in the countryside as well?

LOL

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Fri 24 Jun 2011, 2:45 pm

rowley wrote:

It's an acronym, not an abbreviation. LOL, WTF or whatever are acronyms. Just thought I'd be a smart a*s Smile

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next