The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SPOILERS......................END OF RAW

+25
Samo
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
John Cena's Speech writer
Dr Gregory House MD
Jammy31
NickisBHAFC
Ent
sodhat
JamesLincs
liverbnz
Kay Fabe
ADMIN
JJJohnson
crippledtart
longrangeeffort
Sara
Y2JAS
AberdeenSteve
Bull
talkingpoint
Eboue_and_co
UpsideDownFace
psycho-gooner
User Name
BlueDragon1205
29 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SPOILERS......................END OF RAW Empty SPOILERS......................END OF RAW

Post by BlueDragon1205 Tue 28 Jun 2011, 4:14 am

Real or Scripted?

I was like, What?? is this real?????
BlueDragon1205
BlueDragon1205

Back to top Go down

SPOILERS......................END OF RAW Empty Re: SPOILERS......................END OF RAW

Post by User Name Tue 28 Jun 2011, 4:16 am

Just saying what everyone is feeling, no idea if that was scripted though, it was brilliant.

User Name

Back to top Go down

SPOILERS......................END OF RAW Empty Re: SPOILERS......................END OF RAW

Post by psycho-gooner Tue 28 Jun 2011, 4:29 am

Its got to be scripted, if it were real they would have cut him alot earlier. But what a promo

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Tue 28 Jun 2011, 6:30 am

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/What_Happened_After_RAW_Went_Off_the_Air_Tonight.html

According to fans in attendance at tonight's RAW in Las Vegas, after tonight's show went off the air Michael Cole announced that WWE has suspended CM Punk indefinitely.

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Eboue_and_co Tue 28 Jun 2011, 6:31 am

http://www.sescoops.com/wrestling-news/wwe/spoilers-ongoing-results-for-next-weeks-raw/ apparently scripted

Eboue_and_co

https://facebook.com/he.has.a.massive.hand.

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 28 Jun 2011, 8:05 am

UpsideDownFace wrote:http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/What_Happened_After_RAW_Went_Off_the_Air_Tonight.html

According to fans in attendance at tonight's RAW in Las Vegas, after tonight's show went off the air Michael Cole announced that WWE has suspended CM Punk indefinitely.

If this is legit I have so much respect for CM Punk right now! clap

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 28 Jun 2011, 8:10 am

if this is scripted , Punk is the man to get them out of the PG ERA , best promo ive seen since along time

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Tue 28 Jun 2011, 8:53 am

My hat comes off to Punk, what a promo!!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jun 2011, 9:22 am

As soon as Punk grabbed the mic you knew it was going to be good but I didn't know it was going to be THAT good! BAH GAWD!

For those who haven't seen it

*** SPOILER ***
*** SPOILER ***

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTsERQQvbkg

*** SPOILER ***
*** SPOILER ***

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Tue 28 Jun 2011, 9:31 am

OleH wrote:As soon as Punk grabbed the mic you knew it was going to be good but I didn't know it was going to be THAT good! BAH GAWD!

For those who haven't seen it

*** SPOILER ***
*** SPOILER ***

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTsERQQvbkg

*** SPOILER ***
*** SPOILER ***

Is that YouTube video a potential spoiler? I think you should be more clear in future Wink

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Y2JAS Tue 28 Jun 2011, 11:51 am

This was awesome, we rarely see promos this good, just what wwe needs right now. Well done Punk!!

Y2JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Tue 28 Jun 2011, 12:18 pm

This sounds awesome, I can't wait to see it

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by longrangeeffort Tue 28 Jun 2011, 12:40 pm

That was a wicked promo. If you arent sure if its real or not (despite knowing its probably scripted) then its a good one!

Seems that for one reason or another Punk was given free reign to say what he wanted..probably so it looked legitimate when the mic was cut.

Good stuff Very Happy

longrangeeffort

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 28 Jun 2011, 12:52 pm

I haven't seen it yet, but read about what he said.

It's definitely 100% scripted, make no mistake. But it sounds like an excellent promo regardless.

Makes me wonder if he really is even leaving - why would WWE make Punk its hottest star on his way out?

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue 28 Jun 2011, 1:01 pm

Punk is the best all rounder in the world.I doubt they would have allowed him to say all that without it being scripted but I have so much respect for him anyways.

He is the best,nobody in WWE can touch him and that promo is the best that there has been in a long long time.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 28 Jun 2011, 1:01 pm

I have a theory
It’s a bit out there and will get shot down immediately but who cares!

Punk leaves WWE.
This in no way effects WWE as the fanbase is predominately kids, the IWC continue to watch as well as they/we are only happy when we have something to moan about.
Punk joins ROH.
This again doesn’t effect WWE, they’re a much smaller fish and seem to have an increasingly friendly relationship with WWE in regards to talent moving there. He goes there and he cuts promos about his time in WWE, the IWC fans herald him even more as their Messiah.
ROH as a result get more and more internet coverage.
This does effect TNA, they’re increasingly squeezed from above and below, guys like Joe and AJ look to the likes of ROH as a place that pushes the right people and up ship. Others like Roode and Morgan are taken by WWE. TNA gets pushed down to 3rd or potentially out of business.
It’s a Vince masterplan to destroy Hogan and TNA I’m tellin ya!

Ok I’ll take off my tinfoil hat now.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 28 Jun 2011, 1:13 pm

Hero wrote:
Ok I’ll take off my tinfoil hat now.

put it back on it's a brilliant idea!!! idea

TNA have been given the ball more times than wayne rooney and yet it seems they've never been able to produce the finish. ROH on the other hand have the best booking and give their roster the creative freedom in the ring to produce the best wrestling. There are very little weaknesses in ROH's product accept maybe financial constraints. Now I actually want TNA to succeed, I think it has all the tools but as long as it is run by tools it will keep dropping the ball (to pick up my earlier metaphor haha Wink ).

ROH deserves more exposure and CM Punk going back there definitely would boost ratings, even if only a little. Punk is also a great ambassador for the style of wrestling ROH produce. Without being shackled into the WWE style I'm sure Punk could produce some spectacular matches as he already squeezes everything he can out of the WWE style.

However, ultimately I think money will talk and Punk won't want to spend the rest of his career in the indies again. I would not be surprised at all if this was just another elaborate kayfabe storyline and Punk will hang about after MITB. However even if Punk stays WWE will no doubt will boost its ratings with such a hot storyline and TNA will be struggling again.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 28 Jun 2011, 1:19 pm

Unbelievable promo, I give the WWE and Vince a helluva lot of stick but fair play to them for giving Punk free reign to sell his importance, and for people to even question it being a work or not shows how perfect it was

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 28 Jun 2011, 1:34 pm

Punk is blimen' golden. Brilliant promo! Well in WWE!

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue 28 Jun 2011, 1:56 pm

punk is surely staying beyond mitb now? surely!

i have a feeling vince will be returning to screw cena over. mcmahon suspending punk could be so he avoids any action/injury.

but once again punk leaves us with no idea as to what may happen

you cant deliver a promo like that and then leave 3 weeks later

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 28 Jun 2011, 2:00 pm

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:I haven't seen it yet, but read about what he said.

It's definitely 100% scripted, make no mistake. But it sounds like an excellent promo regardless.

Makes me wonder if he really is even leaving - why would WWE make Punk its hottest star on his way out?

It is a strange one if he is leaving and they throw such weight behind a push -- but they may be trying to avoid a situation like Jeff Hardy, where he goes on a break and never returns. They could be sweetening the taste of the WWE for him to make sure he comes back. It could be an indication of how highly he is valued.

Or...it could be that the whole thing was an angle, worked up to make it appear his contract will run down, that he will leave and then he doesn't, but finally gets a big push. I'm intrigued either way...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue 28 Jun 2011, 2:13 pm

I can definitely see this being the unveiling of the idea behind Nexus.

I remember Survivor Series last year when Wade Barrett constantly aired those promos about "the bigger picture" as someone has mentioned.I always felt Triple H was going to help Barrett win the championship but the more I think about it this could work even better.

Punk is the man,the best in the world at what he does and even someone as arrogant and ignorant as Vince McMahon cannot deny that.

Last night was just a glimmer of Punk,he referenced things that no other superstar in history has been allowed to reference and leads me to believe that WWE wants Punk as a figurehead.

Whether we are going to see Cena turn heel and join McMahon in a new "Corporation Nexus" or whether Punk will reveal Vince as the Raw GM and the true "higher power" of Nexus I have no idea but I guarantee that I wont be turning away from this product in awhile.

A long shot I know but hypothetically speaking,Punk could then go on to say that he and Vince has been in talks all along to lead the Nexus but Barrett was just a stop gap.Vince could say that each time he has seen the Undertaker buried alive,he has come back weaker and weaker.He could say he ordered Nexus to assist Kane bury the Undertaker knowing next time he returned he would be weaker yet.He could then say his own son in law took the last of what the Deadman has to offer and in reality all that remains is a bag of bones.

He could say that he did indeed get The Rock to come back face John Cena in a match for the ages,but the true main event of Wrestlemania 28 will be CM Punk vs The Undertaker.That the plan all along was for Punk to end the Streak.

I know I havent gone into great detail,I know I am getting way ahead of myself but if Punk joins with McMahon/HHH/Nexus at Money in the Bank then I can definitely see Punk taking the Streak from The Undertaker.

I wait to get ripped to shreds on that haha.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 28 Jun 2011, 2:32 pm

Nexus put McMahon in a Coma though, I find it hard to believe that anyone would sacrifice themselves like that, plus why would Vince have allowed Cena to be reinstated if the whole intention was to screw him

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jun 2011, 2:35 pm

Damn. Some of you guys should write for the wwe.

JJJohnson wrote:I remember Survivor Series last year when Wade Barrett constantly aired those promos about "the bigger picture" as someone has mentioned.I always felt Triple H was going to help Barrett win the championship but the more I think about it this could work even better.
He said something similar this week on > Smackdown to Gabriel and Slater <

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue 28 Jun 2011, 2:37 pm

Its a good point and I forgot about the McMahon incident,my bad.

I suppose if Shane McMahon were still around I could work my way around it but now that I think on it there really isnt a viable explanation.

I still look forward to the MITB PPV no matter what happens because I am genuinely interested for once and it is also free on Sky Sports 1.

I was trying to work out a connection between Kane helping McMahon bury Taker in '03 and then Nexus helping Kane in 2010 but I suppose there really isnt one.

Last time I try to book something before I think it over 🤦

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 28 Jun 2011, 2:43 pm

Its a fair shout I just think to much WrestleCrap has went under the Bridge to make Nexus important, in fact I think that faction would have been put to bed a long time ago if their shirts weren't big sellers, the angle is brilliant though

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue 28 Jun 2011, 3:35 pm

anyone notice how utterly ridiculous cena looked slumped on his a*** in the ring during punks promo?

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 28 Jun 2011, 3:37 pm

At least he was selling...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue 28 Jun 2011, 3:39 pm

for once

and only because he was told to i imagine

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 28 Jun 2011, 3:44 pm

No complaints with Cena although if I had any criticism with him it would be that he appeared to look almost sombre and in agreement when Punk said its ridiculous that Rock is in the Main Event of Mania but that would be nitpicking in the extreme

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 28 Jun 2011, 3:46 pm

I wouldn't bet against 'Dwayne' showing up to cost punk at MITB.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 28 Jun 2011, 3:48 pm

I thought about the Rock getting involved and screwing Punk -- he mentioned him very prominently in the promo after all.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 28 Jun 2011, 3:51 pm

Whilst it is hard to predict story lines, it would give more fuel to the fire between Rock and Cena and bigger build up to WM28.

Also would allow punk to try and 'save' wwe from the McMahon butt kissers, but he has said he is leaving at MITB so it wouldn't make much sense.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 28 Jun 2011, 3:53 pm

WHAT A PROMO

Heres an idea for summerslam

CM Punk and Paul Heyman vs MR Mcmahon and HHH ???

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 28 Jun 2011, 3:55 pm

'CM Punk and Paul Heyman vs MR Mcmahon and HHH ???.'

How could you sell that to the masses though with 3/4 of those not on screen often and Punk is meant to be leaving?

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Tue 28 Jun 2011, 5:01 pm

Hell...That has to be THE best promo I have EVER seen! I don't care if it was scripted or not hahaha! CM Punk broke all the rules. Just the fact that he used the word "Wrestler" when it's banned was like wtf?! And also that he mentioned Ring Of Honour!

However, three questions:

1) What was the "Fourth Wall" that Punk mentioned breaking? Or did he say "Fourth Rule"?

2) Why was he wearing a SCSA t-shirt?

3) Could the fact he slagged off the McMahons mean a return from Stephanie and HHH? So that HHH will have a feud with Punk (making Punk stay a bit longer?) leading up to his possible re-match with Taker?
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 28 Jun 2011, 5:10 pm

The fourth wall is when an actor talks/communicates to the audiance/camera directly

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 28 Jun 2011, 5:12 pm

I didn't even realise he had Austins T-Shirt on

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Tue 28 Jun 2011, 5:17 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I didn't even realise he had Austins T-Shirt on

Ahhh ok, I get that now!

Yeah, he was wearing the "Stomping Mudholes and walking them dry t-shirt"
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 28 Jun 2011, 5:30 pm

Yeah, I've just had a look and saw that, can't believe I never noticed, it adds to how unorthadox he was

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 28 Jun 2011, 5:54 pm

I would add that when I origionally saw the shirt I assumed it would day 'sober' on the back which I think would be a great idea for a shirt if Punk ever feuds with Austin

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cena's Speech writer Wed 29 Jun 2011, 5:35 am

I'm almost tempted to say that this was an old style promo - where the wrestler is told the points to cover, and then told to go out and do it. Punk, Jericho, Mankind and The Rock are the guys that I think would be trusted to do this - anyone else would probably fumble. But, as Punk mentioned, he is 'The best. On the Mike. Down there. In the ring.' That said, he would have had to go over anything controversial (ie the whole dammed thing) and get approval - or the mike would have been cut after he said the W word!

Seriously, I can't remember seeing a better promo - Mankinds when he joined ECW reads on a par with it, and Mick Foley's way of doing a promo would have made it superb, and I've not seen Austin 3:16 - but can anyone think of a better promo?

This just sucked me back in when I was getting tired of the wrestling!!

John Cena's Speech writer

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 29 Jun 2011, 9:23 am

I wonder whether he was given a slap on the wrist for saying douchebag?

It's been bleeped every video I have seen, but I imagine that live it would have gone out unedited...

There was some great comments and praise from other wrestlers on Twitter -- check them out. HBK, Austin, Jericho, JBL, JR et al.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Wed 29 Jun 2011, 9:40 am

Well, Punk has certainly made the WWE Universe listen! Probably the best promo in a long while!
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 29 Jun 2011, 9:47 am

What is a douchebag? I always assumed it wasn't very rude.

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 29 Jun 2011, 9:50 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douche

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed 29 Jun 2011, 10:26 am

Well I watched it last night & I must say it was the best promo I'd seen in years.... 100% it was a worked shoot

Vince has pushed the button on appeasing the 'smarks' through Punk, whilst at the same time actually acheiving the main goal of selling the pay-per-view. High praise for creative for this one it's arguable that the MITB ladder matches would have sold it anyway.

What a performer Punk is although scripted you can't help but agree with a lot of what he said.... Fingers crossed Punk has resigned & this is just the start of something big

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 29 Jun 2011, 11:54 am

Sources report that CM Punk’s entire promo at the end of RAW this week was improvised by Punk and not scripted. Nobody in the back knew what Punk was going to say until he said it live on RAW.

WWE officials told Punk to go out and say in his own words why he was leaving the company, why he wanted the WWE Title and why he wanted to leave with it in his possession. There was a discussion that when officials felt Punk was going too far, they would pull the plug on the segment and cut his mic.

It’s said that Punk was upset months ago when Triple H came back to feud with The Undertaker and while some of his comments on RAW towards Vince McMahon were well thought out to appear not as a shoot to the average viewer, most believe that Punk’s comments towards Triple H and John Laurinaitis were strictly a shoot.

Word also is that Punk had some notes for his speech jotted down on his wrist tape.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz NG Wed 29 Jun 2011, 12:23 pm

To be honest, I don't care if it was a straight shoot or a scripted shoot, it was utterly mesmerising to watch and listen too. My jaw hit the ground when he got into his stride, but once reality hit, it was a joy to behold.

Miz NG

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 29 Jun 2011, 12:42 pm

fernando wrote:Sources report that CM Punk’s entire promo at the end of RAW this week was improvised by Punk and not scripted. Nobody in the back knew what Punk was going to say until he said it live on RAW.

WWE officials told Punk to go out and say in his own words why he was leaving the company, why he wanted the WWE Title and why he wanted to leave with it in his possession. There was a discussion that when officials felt Punk was going too far, they would pull the plug on the segment and cut his mic.

It’s said that Punk was upset months ago when Triple H came back to feud with The Undertaker and while some of his comments on RAW towards Vince McMahon were well thought out to appear not as a shoot to the average viewer, most believe that Punk’s comments towards Triple H and John Laurinaitis were strictly a shoot.

Word also is that Punk had some notes for his speech jotted down on his wrist tape.

That's interesting, and actually it's quite believable, especially given the moment they pulled the plug was when he was about to take them to account over the anti-bullying campaign. Everything else he said wasn't damaging to the company, but that would have been a seriously hot issue to address.

It was definitely a work in that he was given a mic and told to give a promo along those lines, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was allowed to choose his own words (with certain agreed restrictions).

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next