The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sammy Lee

+2
liverbnz
JDandfries
6 posters

Go down

Sammy Lee Empty Sammy Lee

Post by JDandfries Wed 29 Jun 2011, 1:58 pm

Now I will say from the start I am not fan of Sammy, so this article is slightly tongue in cheek..... but

Do you think club's owner are starting to wise up to these hangers on/jobs for the boys types??

I ask, only as last season we saw Butch get ousted from Chelsea, now Sammy Lee, im just hoping David Platt and the 20 or so 'arry has at Spurs also get teh boot, I just pray they don't end up commentating like Wilkins has!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Sammy Lee Empty Re: Sammy Lee

Post by liverbnz Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:10 pm

Do we know why he has left yet? Maybe it was Kenny that decided it was time for him to move on, or perhaps he decided it himself. He's always wanted another crack at management, so maybe that's the reason.

As for Wilkins commentating, I really enjoy listening to him. He does have a strange way of putting things - almost erotic in some cases! - but he genuinely gives a great insight into the tactical side of the game, unlike his ignorant, sexist, antiquated, and clichéd predecessor.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:12 pm

i think it was something to do with steve clarke's role as 1st team coach meaning sammy has not alot to do and decided to leave.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:13 pm

In a sentimental mood I think it's a shame, but with Steve Clarke we have somebody who will more than fill his shoes and his work with Kenny has been outstanding, and I'd rather Kenny was able to build not only his own team, but his own staff team as well, it can only help him.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:18 pm

I heard Butch got sacked for forgetting the oranges for a reserve game!!

As for his commentary, it is truely dreadful, detest him calling the players by their first names!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 29 Jun 2011, 2:46 pm

Good luck to Sammy in whatever he does , thanks for all the time and effort put in to try and turn our fortunes around .

looking forward ....

Imo Kenny and Steve are doing a great job and seem to work very well together , Kenny was always going to want his own backroom team so not surprised to see Sammy go .

YNWA.
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jun 2011, 4:53 pm

JDandfries wrote:

Do you think club's owner are starting to wise up to these hangers on/jobs for the boys types??

Possibly. Have you seen Tottenham's coaching staff? Totally overloaded with loose ends in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark2011 Thu 30 Jun 2011, 8:24 pm

Very surprised he left but Steve Clarke is more than ready to take over the job.

Mark2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down