The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rafachintz

+20
Tenez
hawkeye
rafandready
time please
Peaches
Solerina
Davie
Enforcer
bogbrush
CaledonianCraig
tennisluvver
AFCWomble42
sportslover
lydian
Haddie-nuff
denzilsmom
cats_r_cool
Mad for Chelsea
legendkillar
Wooffie
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rafachintz Empty Rafachintz

Post by Wooffie Thu 30 Jun 2011, 9:41 pm

Fed up of all those hard edges ... here's the place to discuss all the soft furnishings!!

Last edited by Wooffie on Mon 04 Jul 2011, 7:41 pm; edited 4 times in total
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Rafachintz Empty Re: Rafachintz

Post by legendkillar Thu 30 Jun 2011, 9:42 pm

AAAANNNNNNDDDDDDEEEEEEEEE Come On!

Yahoo

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Thu 30 Jun 2011, 9:51 pm

<GASP>

LK is FIRST with that comment!! Come on Rafateers ... get him!! :run1: :run2: :run1:
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu 30 Jun 2011, 9:58 pm

:run2:

I had to get it in before the others Ok!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Thu 30 Jun 2011, 11:20 pm

evening all Hug

Rafa prediction time: Murray in four :run2:

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Fri 01 Jul 2011, 5:47 am

Shocked Thought I was on the wrong thread!! boxing

Morning lovely Rafateers and lovely Andy fans Hug

It's 7.30 in the morning and my stomach is churning with nerves already, so I have at least 10 more hours of this, then a few more hours of it getting worse when the match is on. Great stuff Very Happy

I'm not liking MFC's prediction but really looking forward to this. Come on Rafa, stick it to the hatahs.

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Fri 01 Jul 2011, 7:58 am

Good Morning all my luvverly Rafateers Hug

I will be in a Travelodge in Windsor this afternoon.....and it had better have a bloody TV in it, otherwise they will get the wrath of Denz upon them furious

I have a feeling this year is going to be very close indeed....does anyone else think Andy is playing with a little more self belief?

Anyway...Rafa in 5 close sets....4 T/B and the 5th to be 18-16 to Rafa....that should keep us all occupied for a few hours laughing

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Fri 01 Jul 2011, 12:08 pm

Fear not you faint hearted damzels.. your knight will ride in dressed in white armour brandishing his trusty racket at the ready... he will take on the oposing knight who waves the flag of St Andrew ... (but he will not have George´s dragon with him breathing fire)... Our dark skinned knight will throw down his gauntlet and ride into battle ... he carries with him the colours of his beloved Rafateers.. he will not let you down....he would rather die by a smite from his own racket...
Take heed dear damzels... sing and chant for your Knight... when the day is over all will be well. Hug kiss

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Fri 01 Jul 2011, 12:49 pm

I'll have a pint of whatever Haddie's on. laughing

Good afternoon all lovely Rafateers!! Hug

Are we all Shocked ??? Windsor, eh Denz?? I'm surprise Her Majesty <curtsey> hasn't opened up one of the rooms in the castle for you. Shocked You being a Lady of the Realm and all that. Wink Get Denzil to bite the ankles of one of her corgies ...

I'm feeling OK at the moment, but will probably be more nervoos as the time approaches. I hope lovely Womble has managed to eat early as we don't want anyone <fainting> on us ... no chance of that with me. laughing

Anyhow ... here's hoping JWT rises to the occasion in the first match as I would love him to win ... and that's saying something, cos I usually can't stand him. laughing

And whatever the outcome of Rafa's match today, I read a nice quote attributable to him ...

Murray and Nadal have been friends for the best part of a decade and if the Spaniard is not holding the trophy aloft on Sunday night he hopes that it will be the Scot.

Whatever the result ladies, what will be will be and Rafa will handle it. One thing's for sure ... we know that he will try his absolute best and play his heart out to win.

Rafa ... we wish you the very best of luck, my lovely. Make yourself and us proud!! VAMOS !!! Hug
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Fri 01 Jul 2011, 12:58 pm

Ale Ale Laugh

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Fri 01 Jul 2011, 1:20 pm

Ale Ale <cheers!> laughing
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Fri 01 Jul 2011, 1:56 pm

Some for me as well please. I'm a wreck!

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Fri 01 Jul 2011, 1:57 pm

Ale Ale Ale cider cider

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Fri 01 Jul 2011, 2:01 pm

Thanks kiss

Tsonga serving for the set and lost his serve Rolling Eyes

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Fri 01 Jul 2011, 2:03 pm

Tsonga doing what he does in big matches (chokes) Dont particularly like him but I wish he would win this one Whistle

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Fri 01 Jul 2011, 2:50 pm

Presume you guys read this?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/wimbledon/8609140/Wimbledon-2011-rampaging-Rafael-Nadal-is-tenniss-Greatest-of-All-Time-not-Roger-Federer.html
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Fri 01 Jul 2011, 2:53 pm

lydian wrote:Presume you guys read this?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/wimbledon/8609140/Wimbledon-2011-rampaging-Rafael-Nadal-is-tenniss-Greatest-of-All-Time-not-Roger-Federer.html

Thankyou Lydian I know just the place to post this kiss

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri 01 Jul 2011, 3:09 pm

All of a sudden Tsonga is a bad player and Federer gave him the match.

Geeessssh not such thing as credit where credits due. Rolling Eyes

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Fri 01 Jul 2011, 3:16 pm

legend... you should know that there will always be a little sneeky hole for Federer to get out of... ROLL ON HIS RETIREMENT Yahoo

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri 01 Jul 2011, 3:17 pm

He gave a good post match interview afterwards. Credited Tsonga with playing well when he had to and confessed to running out of ideas. Now if that is coming from the horses mouth, how on earth can it be any different? Doh it makes me laugh.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Fri 01 Jul 2011, 3:24 pm

Well legend Im glad it makes you laugh ... because I find it pathetic and whats more there are even worse ones on here that support his views... Just watch NITB now that Djoko is gonna be No.1..... oh dear she thinks Tenez is the bees nees... shame to disillusion her aint it Whistle

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri 01 Jul 2011, 3:32 pm

I have laugh Haddie, because I find it so difficult for people to actually believe that people don't win or lose. Victory is given. I am sure Rafa will welcome being de-throned as he plays his best tennis as an underdog in my view.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Fri 01 Jul 2011, 3:47 pm

LK Ive always said that Rafa plays better at No.2. .. so you wait when Nole The Great is No. 1. lets see how he stands the pressure.... for the moment at least im say WHOOOOOOOPEEEE Tsonga make him work for it baby Yahoo

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Fri 01 Jul 2011, 4:13 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:Well legend Im glad it makes you laugh ... because I find it pathetic and whats more there are even worse ones on here that support his views... Just watch NITB now that Djoko is gonna be No.1..... oh dear she thinks Tenez is the bees nees... shame to disillusion her aint it Whistle

Don't worry rumour has it she is going on an "Internet free" six months world cruise, and guess what, she is taking Tenez along with her for company Laugh

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Fri 01 Jul 2011, 4:25 pm

Then all I can hope for is that there´s a shipwreck nr an Island that has not yet been discovered.... but hey dont be cruel leave them with a tennis ball and a couple of bats. No MTO´s allowed and 20secs between serves Yahoo Yahoo

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Sat 02 Jul 2011, 9:55 pm

Evening all lovely Rafateers!! Hug

Can we think of anything else other than tomorrow??

I hope with all my heart he wins tomorrow, but whatever the outcome, he will try his best and we shall be here to support him. Olweys. Hug kiss
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Sat 02 Jul 2011, 9:58 pm

And in a total act of self promotion ... Rafa answered my question!! Yahoo

Wimbledon is the only tournament where the winner is not taken to some famous city sight to be photographed with the trophy the next day, as is the practice in New York, Paris and Melbourne. If you could choose a famous sight in London to go to for an official photograph, where would it be and why? Julie (Woofs)

True. I suppose that the picture at that gorgeous stadium is strong enough for them. Maybe the first one would be in front of the Big Ben I suppose. Will have to ask Benito Perez-Barbadillo, my publicist.
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Sun 03 Jul 2011, 12:11 pm

Hi everyone Hug

Is everyone the same as me today? That is, beyond nervous and verging on hysterics??

Come on Rafa, stick it one more time to the hatahs and make millions of fans very happy. You can do it. We know and you know it, so just do it!

Wooffs, well done on getting your question answered. Bless him, he needs to ask Benito laughing I would have gone for London Bridge in the background, my fave London landmark.

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Sun 03 Jul 2011, 12:22 pm

Hello lovely Cats Hug and hello Rafateers Hug

Glorious, sunny day or whot?? 8)

I'm very nervous Cats and I can't imagine anyone being anything else. I must be ... I am clearning my lair llike my life depended on it. laughing

Good luck today Rafa!! Of course you can do it, so game face on and do the business!!
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Sun 03 Jul 2011, 12:45 pm

Good luck to Rafa and I hope he plays as well as he did against Andy as it should be a great final thumbsup

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Sun 03 Jul 2011, 1:11 pm

Good afternoon all my luvverly Rafateers Hug

Come on Rafa...you can do it kiss but whatever happens, life will go on, you will have a lovely well deserved break, and the Rafateers will survive and be here to cheer you on for ever Yahoo

Having said all that...I am soooooo terrified at the moment I cannot tell you. Mr Denz has chosen to work today to keep out of my way laughing

Oh god...Bjorn's gone for Rafa...kiss of death Erm

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Sun 03 Jul 2011, 5:20 pm

Well done to our boy on making another final and giving his all. Win or lose, he is our champ and no. 1 kiss

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Sun 03 Jul 2011, 5:41 pm

Oh well...just not his day and although Rafa had his chances, he didn't take them. Nole played well, but I did think Rafa was poor at times today.

Nice break now, and let's hope he enjoys it...this loss will hurt for a few days, but Uncle T will knock some sense into him.

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Sun 03 Jul 2011, 5:43 pm

Evening all lovely Rafateers!! Hug

Nobody died, did they?? laughing

A simple analysis from me. Rafa played very poorly at the crunch times and his famed mental strength was just not there. Djokovic was lights on from breaking Rafa in the first set but credit to Rafa who was working hard in the third and took all the momentum back. If there's one thing I'm disappointed in is that he didn't make that break at the start of the 4th and such a poor service game to hand it to Djokovic to serve for the match.

But results don't lie and simply ladies, Djokovic is the better player right now. 5 times in a row and on all surfaces says it all. I can't say what Rafa might have to do but what I think is very important for him now is his time off and to be back in Mallorca with his family. I'm looking forward to a rest too.

Well done anyway Rafa on your Spring/Summer season. To reach every final is a great achievement so well done. clap

kiss to all, and VAMOS!!!
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sun 03 Jul 2011, 5:51 pm

I thought Rafa played well ladies. I think Djokovic hammered Nadal in the first 2 sets. Been a long time since I saw someone destroy Rafa in that manner.

Quite funny that Rafa losing brings about daft threads and Nole winning brings even more daft threads. Shocked

Starting to lose faith in some of the posters here.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by AFCWomble42 Sun 03 Jul 2011, 5:58 pm

Hello everyone. Pretty much agree with everythiing Denzy and Wooffie have said. I don't think it was a great final because they both didn't play well at the same time, but I've got to say Novak was much the better player today and deserved to win. He's the clear No 1 in the world right now, with Rafa being the clear No 2. I think what will disappoint him most is probably that he didn't play his best today. Not sure if that's a match up thing or the pressure from the loss of 4 previous finals, but he seemed so much better against Andy on Friday.

Rafa started well enough, but I could sense the pressure building on his serve as the 1st set went on so it doesn't surprise me when he got broken for Novak to win it 6-4 and then the Serbinator was really fabulous in the 2nd set. Obviously, at two sets down, there's very little margin for error. I'm glad it wasn't straight sets, but I'm not sure that Rafa really believed today once the 1st set had gone. He kept on fighting as always and was a class act in defeat as always.

Now go off and have a lovely and well deserved holiday, young man. Get all those aches and pains sorted out and we look foward to supporting you in the North American h/c season. Vamos !!

AFCWomble42

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Sun 03 Jul 2011, 7:26 pm

Just a little quote from Rafa...."Life is more important than sport". Very good little interview with him on the Beeb and of course as usual Rafa was fantastic...he'll be back thumbsup

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by AFCWomble42 Sun 03 Jul 2011, 8:07 pm

A further quick thought, Rafateers - if someone had offered me a 6th French Open and a Wimbledon final for Rafa when he was 2 sets to 1 down against John Isner at RG in the 1st round, I'd have snatched their right arm off.

I haven't managed to track the interview down yet, Denzy, but I'm sure what he has to say will cheer me up, it always does.

AFCWomble42

Back to top Go down

Post by tennisluvver Sun 03 Jul 2011, 8:16 pm

Evening Rafateers Rafachintz 769663

Although I disappeared pretty quick after the match, good old Sky + picked up that BBC interview for me, and I've just watched it now.

Sheer class, as always form Rafa; no hiding his disappointment, but so gracious in defeat. No wonder we'll never stop supporting this lovely young man. Rafachintz 21345

VAMOS RAFA! Have a great break, relax, and roll on the US h/c season.
Gods help us, we'll be there!
tennisluvver
tennisluvver

Back to top Go down

Post by denzilsmom Sun 03 Jul 2011, 8:27 pm

Oh Rafateers laughing

I just can't help myself.....I've just been reading some of the other threads and posts "out there" even tho I said I wouldn't.....and thank god for Lydian as usual Hug

But as you can imagine a Mr T. Otal I. D. iot is sausage...I can't say the other word.. a hoop and is making some of the most ludricous statements you could wish to read laughing

Best laugh I've had in ages....amazing how some love to gloat over the misfortune of others.....too stupid to be taken seriously laughing laughing

denzilsmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Sun 03 Jul 2011, 8:43 pm

That's the thing though Denz (and I've purposely not read any of it). They dance over his bones when he loses, they call him a cheat, liar and faker and belittle everything about him when he wins; they claim that the players he beats lie when they give their views on a match amongst other lurid and salicious suggestions they make, and it also gives licence to the other handmaidens and admins to join in in their wake. I wish I could laugh about it Denz, but I can't.

Its only bloody tennis for Gods sake.
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by tennisluvver Sun 03 Jul 2011, 9:13 pm

I'm with you, Wooffs. I can't laugh when I read some of the total rubbish posted by so-called fans of tennis.

I used to read football threads on the old 606, mainly relating to Scottish football, and particularly ralating to Glasgow Rangers & Celtic. Some of the vile filth posted there made me embarrassed to be a Scottish footie fan.

When I started to read the tennis threads, I never believed that it would be like this, away from football thug/bigotry mentality. It saddens me, to be honest, that folk are so negative, and rejoice in someone's defeat, more than they rejoice in the other person's victory.

I make no secret of the fact that I don't like, and never have liked, Djokovic. However, I do have to admit that he has played fantastically well this year, and deserves the No 1 spot. For now, at least.

I tend not to post outside this wee corner, cos I know my actual tennis knowledge is a bit lacking, and I only know I love to watch a good game.

The total pillocks out there haven't done anything to make me change my mind.
tennisluvver
tennisluvver

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Sun 03 Jul 2011, 9:44 pm

Hey guys your biggest problem is from a poster starting with a "T" as you all know.

Murray fans and for that matter Novak fans have respect for all the top players and that especially includes Rafa.

So don't be put off by one mans mission to dishonour someone whom he dislikes for reasons only known to him.

Put it down to jealousy!

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 03 Jul 2011, 10:05 pm

Murray fan in peace.

I was surprised the way the final panned out as I was sure Nadal would win. However, full credit to Novak Djokovic who took all of Nadal's best shots and hit the ball back with interest. He really has found a new gear to his game and am sure Nadal will now work on ways to up his game. The hard court season should be enthralling. I am sure Nadal will bounce back from this so wouldn't worry too much Rafa fans.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Sun 03 Jul 2011, 10:08 pm

Sportslover ... I am sure this one time I can speak on behalf of us Rafa fans that post here to say thanks for that comment. We have guys like you, socal, MFC, LK, Craig, Lydian, Amazon (and apologies if I've left anyone out) who all come on here from opposing camps just for a bit of chat and exchange of views and its great. We enjoy seeing you here. But that individual colours everything regarding a tennis forum, and you can't escape it. I've always been sure that a lot of other regular posters don't like it either ... but there are those that think he is nectar to a "debating forum" and so it continues.

From the day after the Madrid masters final, it all changed on here for us from a place which we championed and loved to be, to essentially being no better off than the 606 days where we just stayed on our own thread.. And I have no stomach to bother with any of it any more.
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 03 Jul 2011, 10:15 pm

Understandable sentiments Wooffie. At least you have sanctuary here but (as on the Andy threads in our section) it doesn't stop gatecrashers popping in on the wind up if they so wish.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Sun 03 Jul 2011, 10:16 pm

Wooffie

Don't give in he will eventually "cross that line" once too often as he did on the old 606 and you know what happened there!

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sun 03 Jul 2011, 10:38 pm

Well Im still waiting SL--- until that day Im staying away.
Love you all Rafateers.

Vamos Rafa

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Sun 03 Jul 2011, 10:59 pm

Haddie Hug kiss

Please keep on popping on by cos of PMs and stuff. I know Denz can get hold of you anyhow. We've come this far as our little gang and enjoy each other's company. There's always a way. thumbsup
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Jul 2011, 11:04 pm

Why are you taking it to heart so much? Its up to him if he doesn't like Rafa.

I cant stand Murray, I hope he loses every match. I've never liked him and I never will. Am I not allowed that opinion?

Its got nothing to do with having a lack of respect for the tennis players, I simply cant stand him. Likewise Tenez hates Rafa and he is perfectly entitled to do so.

If people want to dislike someone in the sporting world there is nothing wrong with that and if they want to post accordingly then they can.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum