The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Britain's Got Talent

3 posters

Go down

Britain's Got Talent Empty Britain's Got Talent

Post by legendkillar Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:00 pm

One of my favourite U2 songs is called 'Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own' Bono wrote about his late father. Now, I am not making comparisons, but Murray has carried British Tennis on his shoulders for too long now. He cannot do it on his own. His Davis Cup exploits may not endear him to the most patriotic fans, but he is British and he is all we have flying the flag at every Grand Slam event. Love him or hate him he has done well in his career. Grand Slam finals, he has put to rest the heartache fans use to suffer when Henman used to fall short near the finishing line. Murray's logic with his Davis Cup exile has been to give the vital experience to the lower ranked players. The match time experience. Players like Ward, Evans and Baker only rely on wildcards each year at Wimbledon. Murray knows like the fans know and the LTA know that these players will not get 'big' match experience. The nearest thing is the Davis Cup.

This last month has seen a change....

In both the womens and mens side.

Ward's amazing run at Queens. Robson, Watson and Baltacha making impressions at Wimbledon. Liam Broady lighting up the Boys Singles tournament and Doubles. Golding putting in a solid performance at Queens. The horizon looks bright for British Tennis. Maybe if Andy had pressure on his grip on the British No.1 ranking and maybe perform at Grand Slams, might just get him to raise his level even more than what it is. Might even help give him a stronger mental edge.

Broady and Golding are works in progress. Next year no doubt will see the start of their careers. Ward for him it is harder considering his age. His goal should be the top 100. Nothing could stop that. No long will we have to suffer with the likes of Bogdanovic, Delgado and Palmer struggling to impact the top 100 and the British Mens game. I would love to experience a top 100 with 4 British men in it. I hope..

The womens side looks promising. Both Robson and Watson have shown that they can break the top 50 of the world in the years to come. With Baltacha also chomping away and fighting away. The womens game in Britain hasn't looked stronger.

I know Murray is out of Wimbledon...But Britain does have talent and hopefully Britains hope of Grand Slam glory will not soley lie with Andy Murray.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Britain's Got Talent Empty Re: Britain's Got Talent

Post by sportslover Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:06 pm

"I know Murray is out of Wimbledon...But Britain does have talent and hopefully Britains hope of Grand Slam glory will not soley lie with Andy Murray"

I do love optimism, any idea when this will happen legend?

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:08 pm

Within the next 2 years I hope. The youngsters need time and patience to develop and shouldn't be measured against Andy's progress as he is some freak of tennis.

The ladies have a chance to deliver quicker than men. But time is key.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:09 pm

I would suggest shooting Nadal and Djoko and Federer !!

:run2:

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri 01 Jul 2011, 8:11 pm

That is a bit extreme yummy!!!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down