The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The heavyweight scene from NOW on ???

+5
compelling and rich
manos de piedra
88Chris05
King Raoh
westybeast
9 posters

Go down

The heavyweight scene from NOW on ??? Empty The heavyweight scene from NOW on ???

Post by westybeast Mon 04 Jul 2011, 7:01 pm

with povetkin still scared to fight the k brothers ,

adamek (the other most likely challenger )fighting vitali soon

and haye retiring soon (unless that is another wind-up , i think he willl be back a year later )

what happens next ???

vaulev and holyfield are still around ,plus other fortysomethings even audley coming back , will the direness actually get worse ?

price, chisora and fury are being talekd up as the next contenders but they are hardly the next best hopes .
solis and others have had their chance and not doen themselves any favours

who is likely to step up to the plate in the next few years ? where ave all the decent amatueurs, young pros gone in the last few years ?

could wlad and reign into his forties, his brother is almost there. however much teh k brothers get criticised , without them the divsion would be much worse !!!!

Last edited by westybeast on Mon 04 Jul 2011, 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

westybeast

Back to top Go down

The heavyweight scene from NOW on ??? Empty Re: The heavyweight scene from NOW on ???

Post by King Raoh Mon 04 Jul 2011, 7:03 pm

agreed.. I don't like either of them but they are good ambassadors and very tough fighters. A golden age it certainly isn't.. If only the heavyweight scene was as rich as men's tennis right now!

King Raoh

Back to top Go down

The heavyweight scene from NOW on ??? Empty Re: The heavyweight scene from NOW on ???

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 04 Jul 2011, 7:04 pm

I actually have high hopes for Price and Chisora on the domestic scene, in the sense that they could go on to be amongst the best of a bad bunch by 2013. I don't see either of the Klitschkos fighting on past the end of next year.

I still think that Solis has the talent to make inroads - whether he can be bothered to lost that spare tyre around his waist in order to do that remains to be seen. It's a shame, because he's a talented boxer.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 04 Jul 2011, 7:07 pm

I think Vitali will retire soon and Wlad will target the clean sweep of titles then.

The argument that the division would be worse without the Klitschkos works both ways. You lose the best heavyweights but the chances are the division would be alot more competitive in general with more 50/50 fights.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 04 Jul 2011, 7:29 pm

the standard of fighters may well be much worse after the brothers go but at least we might see few belts changing hands and live fights instead of one sided beatings. price is the one on the british scene for me, just needs to improve his foot work abit, bit too easy to hit. as wlad showed the other night just a little bit of foot movement can work very well if your the size of price

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 04 Jul 2011, 11:08 pm

K-bros retire, leave the scene be and suddenly it looks competitive. A couple of knockouts and some hype machines and we're all fans of HW boxing again.

The skillsets won't be there - but that won't matter.

A former poster on here once insisted that Haye is destroyed by Joe Louis, seemingly only because Haye boxed in HD and colour. However - Louis had every punch in the book whilst Haye really has the straight right lunging forward.

The difference in skillset doesn't matter to the punter if there's an engaging fighter with an exciting KO
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue 05 Jul 2011, 12:59 pm

Personally, I want to see Wlad fight Valuev. This fight would be unmissable; not from a quality perspective, obviously, but just like the same way you can't take your eyes of a weeping sore!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 05 Jul 2011, 1:02 pm

I think my fellow Irishman Perez has a good shout Rolling Eyes
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by licence_007 Tue 05 Jul 2011, 1:31 pm

bhb001 wrote:Personally, I want to see Wlad fight Valuev. This fight would be unmissable; not from a quality perspective, obviously, but just like the same way you can't take your eyes of a weeping sore!

I wouldn't mind this either. Sure Haye beat Valuev, but Valuev is a former champion in the division. It's the only fight I could see outside of a Haye one, garnering some kind of interest in the UK.

licence_007

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down