The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British SMW scene

3 posters

Go down

British SMW scene Empty British SMW scene

Post by Happytravelling Sat 25 Jul 2015, 5:15 pm

Just looked at Boxrec and they have 5 of the UK SMWs in their top 10.

With Chunky already a champ and Groves and Frank also fighting for titles in the near future there are some good, potential unification fights.

But, don't you think the promoters might be missing a trick, and opportunity to make them and their charges a lot of money? They should put their heads together and come up with a UK 'super 6', or similar, to take advantage of this rich vein of talent.

I suppose they'll wait and see how the title fights pan out but what are your thoughts?

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

British SMW scene Empty Re: British SMW scene

Post by Steffan Sat 25 Jul 2015, 8:55 pm

A Super 6 could cause unification and keeping hold of your title problems. They have never had one on boxing since the other World Super 6 at Super Middleweight. Personally I think Chunky and Groves are way above the rest. I'd love these pair to go on to have a trilogy. Could be some domestic scraps in the meantime though

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sat 25 Jul 2015, 9:28 pm

I agree. Those two will most likely have a trilogy of good fights.

I assume once/if Groves wins they will make a few defences to build for the unification fight.

I still think the promoters could make more of it if they arranged the match ups. There could be some great fights and a lot of money made if organised properly.

Murray will be the toughest of the challengers but if you add some of the MWs there are a lot of good, competitive domestic/world scraps.

It could, potentially, be a 'golden age' for British boxing.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sun 26 Jul 2015, 10:05 am

If only Saunders had stamina he could be a top fighter. Think he could hold his own with Groves for 7 rounds but would then tire and get knocked out.

DeGale is the man but Hearn will protect him now until a massive PPV opportunity comes up. They must be praying Groves beats Jack. He should do. But I think hes on the slide already. That KO is still on his mind.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sun 26 Jul 2015, 10:45 am

Sadly, I think you might be right about Degale becoming protected.

You might be right about Groves but it's a but early for me to make a decision.

I'm just hoping the match ups are made.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down