The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Davis Cup - The British Perspective

+13
Gonzini
Josiah Maiestas
wow
bradman99.94
lydian
bogbrush
sportslover
yummymummy
wheelchair1991
Guest82
Davie
Calder106
legendkillar
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Davis Cup - The British Perspective - Page 3 Empty The Davis Cup - The British Perspective

Post by legendkillar Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

The team is announced and Andy Murray is in it. I find it to be quite a delicate subject. Having left Davis Cup duties back in 2008 to focus on his 'Singles' career. Since it become public knowledge that non-participation in the Davis Cup would result in a player not being eligible to participate in the 2012 Olympic Games, I am sure British tennis fans have wondered whether Andy Murray would return to represent his country. Questions I have are, was Leon Smith right to pick Murray? Is Murray playing for the right reasons?

Please no player bashing from the Murray haters!! I want to see constructive comments and what people think on the moral of the Davis Cup in Britain.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

The Davis Cup - The British Perspective - Page 3 Empty Re: The Davis Cup - The British Perspective

Post by hawkeye Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:00 pm

Lots of talk of wanting to encourage a younger interest in tennis. By only covering tennis when there is British interest (ie Murray) so much is missed. Watched a bit of USA v Spain. Great atmosphere, great play between top ranked players, great crowd. It all looked like fun. Just the sort of thing IMO that would encourage young players to pick up a raquet.

I sometimes think because this country has Wimbledon and to a certain extent Murray it makes it easier to focus solely on this one tournament and this one player and ignore the rest. Unless they happen to do well at Wimbledon or play Murray. Such a shame that more of the best isn't covered.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

The Davis Cup - The British Perspective - Page 3 Empty Re: The Davis Cup - The British Perspective

Post by Calder106 Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:13 pm

Watched a bit of USA v Spain. Great atmosphere, great play between top ranked players, great crowd. It all looked like fun. Just the sort of thing IMO that would encourage young players to pick up a raquet.

Agree with you Hawkeye. It was the sort occasion that would make you want to play tennis for your country.

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3