The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deadlifting or Squats - which is number 1.

5 posters

Go down

Deadlifting or Squats - which is number 1. Empty Deadlifting or Squats - which is number 1.

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 04 Jul 2011, 9:11 pm

Loved to Deadlift and Squat in my time but never did them both the same week due to lower back stress...

If I'm honest I'd say Deadlifts is the best in my opinion as an overall body changer...

However leg training is synergesic so I could be wrong..

Squats or Deads..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Deadlifting or Squats - which is number 1. Empty Re: Deadlifting or Squats - which is number 1.

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 05 Jul 2011, 8:54 am

Squats for me, Truss. Never actually do deads, always worry about a back problem (obviously this could be sorted out if I got someone with experience of deads to give me a quick crash course) due to incorrect form.

I find that squats really do it for me, great workout and very tough.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Deadlifting or Squats - which is number 1. Empty Re: Deadlifting or Squats - which is number 1.

Post by lightsout Tue 05 Jul 2011, 4:06 pm

Truss: You do a very tough squat workout so you've obviously had success with your squats are you sure that you're siding with the Deadlifts. I'm going with the Squats as in my opinion they require more total commitment but having said that Deadlifts are pretty much up there as well as long as you're doing a good 15% more weight and as Truss says the two movements compiment each other. 'Fists' goto the link below:

stronglifts.com/how-to-deadlift-with-proper-technique/ -

lightsout

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 05 Jul 2011, 4:13 pm

Thanks mate, appreciated.

Owing to my workout routine being based around individual muscle splits, I have never really looked into doing deadlifts, in all honesty.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ThrowingLeather Tue 05 Jul 2011, 4:24 pm

Squats for me every time. Although I've got to the stage where I hate them and they make me feel like Im going to blow a gasket I know its the key to compound strength.

Deadlifts are great and I actually look forward to them, but if I was only ever allowed to do one exercise it'd be the squat.

ThrowingLeather

Back to top Go down

Post by lightsout Tue 05 Jul 2011, 5:34 pm

Fists: DeadLifts are imo best done as part of your Back workout, I think this is pretty much standard procedure, you don't need to let them take over as your principle exercise here, try doing them at the end of your Back workout to start with and see what you think as you move up the weights.

lightsout

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 05 Jul 2011, 5:46 pm

Absolutely unless you're are doing stiff legged variety.....

Deads and chins the two best back exercises..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed 06 Jul 2011, 3:25 pm

Personally I find deadlifts, however I do both.

I find I 'cheat' doing heavy weight squats by not going as low as I should, were as with deads when your upright thats one rep.

If that makes any sence to anyone!

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 06 Jul 2011, 4:45 pm

Makes sense...See so many guys doing both wrong just to look as if they are lifting heavy...Used to myself...

Realised however that perfect form accelerates growth and is much safer...

Harder to cheat on deads though.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ThrowingLeather Thu 07 Jul 2011, 1:34 pm

Generally with Deadlift if its too much for you it aint coming off the ground.

However, with Squats you do see people trying to handle a weight way beyond what they're capable of... as Trussman rightly said its form that matters.. chasing numbers gets you nowhere.

ThrowingLeather

Back to top Go down

Post by lightsout Thu 07 Jul 2011, 1:46 pm

Chasing numbers is obviously the route to getting stronger but yes doing this with bad form is going to mean injury is more likely, have a look at some of Cutler's sessions though boy he's got some serious issues with correct form but heh I suppose with results like he's had whose going to argue.

lightsout

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down