The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using Facebook app on a Blackberry.

2 posters

Go down

Using Facebook app on a Blackberry. Empty Using Facebook app on a Blackberry.

Post by Cari Sun 10 Jul 2011, 1:50 pm

Hi Everyone,

I've got a query about using Facebook on my Blackberry 8520. Now I know I could trawl through the Blackberry forums and possibly get an answer somewhere, but there's too much information over there, and I haven't found an answer on Facebook anywhere, so I hope someone here can help.

Those of you who use Facebook on a mobile device would've heard of an app on Facebook called "Places". It basically means you can tag yourself and friends to any place at a particular time and it appears on your Facebook newsfeed. This doesn't appear to be available on my phone. I've checked that I have the latest Facebook downloaded to my phone which I do, and it's all connected to my account. However, on my mobile options, I can't seem to change the location settings from GPS data Source None and Location Services Off - when I click on them nothing happens. Is this because I'm on PAYG? Or that's it's just not available to me? Or am I doing something incorrectly? I'm not brilliant with technology, but I'm guessing that the Location Settings would need to be switched on to use the Places option?

Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Using Facebook app on a Blackberry. Empty Re: Using Facebook app on a Blackberry.

Post by Dave. Sun 10 Jul 2011, 2:03 pm

Same with me Cari. May not have the same model as you but I can't get places either.

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Using Facebook app on a Blackberry. Empty Re: Using Facebook app on a Blackberry.

Post by Cari Sun 10 Jul 2011, 2:14 pm

It's odd Dave, cause I've seen some Blackberry posts that have places tagged in them Rolling Eyes

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Sun 10 Jul 2011, 2:44 pm

I have as well. Maybe it is to do with PAYG as I'm on that too.

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down