The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will India field a strong team v Somerset?

4 posters

Go down

Will India field a strong team v Somerset? Empty Will India field a strong team v Somerset?

Post by BATH_BTGOG Mon 11 Jul 2011, 3:11 pm

What do people think, will India field a strong team for the three day game v Somerset or will the fact that Strauss will be lining up against them will they field a 2nd XI?

Traditional Taunton is a batters paradise so it would make sense to field a strong team, I only ask as I'm going on Saturday and am desperate to see some of India's top players.
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Will India field a strong team v Somerset? Empty Re: Will India field a strong team v Somerset?

Post by hodge Mon 11 Jul 2011, 3:32 pm

the somerset groundman have been producing some better pitches over the last year or 2, however for a touring game Somerset usually try and take on the opposition so i would imagine a competitive pitch, in recent years (going back to 05) Somerset have beaten Sri Lanka and Australia in one day matches, think Pakistan was drawn due to wash out, so Somerset will back themselves.

As a result getting to your point, i dont imagine India will want to lose against Somerset so will put out a decent enough team against Somerset and they will probably want to try and get into Strauss a bit as well.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Will India field a strong team v Somerset? Empty Re: Will India field a strong team v Somerset?

Post by bradman99.94 Mon 11 Jul 2011, 3:41 pm

Will Strauss open with Tresco? Now that would be worth seeing again

bradman99.94

Back to top Go down

Post by BATH_BTGOG Mon 11 Jul 2011, 3:46 pm

I don't think Tresco plays the tour games, but if he did then it would be worth the enterence fee alone.
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Mon 11 Jul 2011, 3:53 pm

rumour has it Tres will be a player dropping out, however i agree if Tres and Strauss were to open it would be great.

Although as Tres is out of some form as of late i could see him playing the match or having an agreement with India that he bats and someone else can field/bowl.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by BATH_BTGOG Tue 12 Jul 2011, 12:05 pm

Tresco won't be playing vs India confirmed.

BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBron's Homie Tue 12 Jul 2011, 1:46 pm

Just seen on SSN the Indian players arriving and it seems to be all the players dropped from the West Indies series.

Vijay, Badrinath, Partiv, Ojha etc

LeBron's Homie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down