The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paul Williams vs. Erislandy Lara Full Fight link here:

4 posters

Go down

Paul Williams vs. Erislandy Lara Full Fight link here: Empty Paul Williams vs. Erislandy Lara Full Fight link here:

Post by School Project Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:52 am

Hey guys,

I've seen a few topics on here around how one sided the fight was, luckily I was able to watch it on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELlNSRKbjgg&feature=related

The other parts of the fight are linked to the first video...

Quite ironic to hear RJJ call for Paul Williams to retire in the 8th Round, if only you listened to your own advice Roy! Anyways, the fight was an absolute robbery as everyone else has already pointed out. See it with your own eyes (if you haven't already).

Cheers!

School Project

Back to top Go down

Paul Williams vs. Erislandy Lara Full Fight link here: Empty Re: Paul Williams vs. Erislandy Lara Full Fight link here:

Post by Scottrf Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:55 am

Didn't even think about that, sometimes I manage to forget Roy is still fighting.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Paul Williams vs. Erislandy Lara Full Fight link here: Empty Re: Paul Williams vs. Erislandy Lara Full Fight link here:

Post by School Project Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:02 am

Hopefully he'll call it a day now, he has a nice little number with HBO, anymore punches and no one will be able to understand what he's saying...

Speaking of which, watch the interview after the fight with Max Kellerman... Paul Williams is showing signs of some dodgy speech. Well done to Max for not beating around the bush with the interview afterwards, his face was a picture as he turned away from Paul to speak to Erislandy!

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:15 am

Interesting interview with Williams's promoter:

http://www.boxingscene.com/paul-williams-promoter-on-lara-decision-hbo-crew--41409

Says he scored it for Williams. Big shock.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:28 am

Wow, I just read that... and just wow.

Even our own Fish-Eyes had the grace to tell DeGale that he "lost the fight more than Groves won it" - which is a fair comment to make.

If I was Williams' promoter and I cared about him, I would ask him to consider changing his trainer. He obviously hasn't seen the gaps that Martinez has exposed and now the blueprint is written and Williams AND his trainer don't seem to care about changing it, he's going to end up getting hurt further down the line.

For a guy with the attributes of Williams... tall, rangy, quick with a good motor, he surely isn't using them to his advantage. I honestly saw Williams as a BIG contender for big things when he was at Welter and honestly thought he would give anyone up to Middleweight a run for their money.

I remember him working off his rangy jab and hitting people with clean punches from a distance whilst charging forward and being patient with the KO's... now he just seems to be going all for it with no thought.

Massive shame. Needs a new coach and a promoter that isn't going to bullpoop him!

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:28 pm

I watched the fight live but I didn't wait to hear the decision as it was really late and it was obvious who had one to me and everyone on HBO, wake up next morning and somehow Williams got the win, I literally could not believe what I was reading, I actually thought I was misunderstanding and reading it wrong that Williams won, what a farce :S

And Roy practice what you preach? Hopefully the near decapitation from Lebedev knocked some sense into him.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down