The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

606V2 Rugby Section Organisation - Feedback please

+28
flyhalffactory
Totallybiasedscarlet
Effervescing Elephant
RuggerRadge2611
red_stag
ScarletSpiderman
caoimhincentre
MunsterMac
rodders
thebandwagonsociety
RubyGuby
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
doctor_grey
G2
BATH_BTGOG
Biltong
robbo277
greybeard
Irish Curry
Thomond
Notch
pete (buachaill on eirne)
Adam D
polotechnics
Luckless Pedestrian
Cari
yappysnap
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
32 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

606V2 Rugby Section Organisation - Feedback please - Page 2 Empty 606V2 Rugby Section Organisation - Feedback please

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 12 Jul 2011, 9:55 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi all,

The rugby section's grown a bit over the last month or 2, so we're starting to give some thought to how we organise the layout of the board here. Hence I thought I'd ask you posters what you think, and once we get some options suggested up I'll run a poll.

At the moment we have the one big section for almost all things rugby, with just the sub-section for kit pics, which was what users requested the last time we discussed this.

Prior to that we had sub-sections for club and international rugby. It's still the off-season in the NH, though there are the Tri-Nations, RWC warmups and the biggie coming up, the RWC itself.

As things are likely to get busier, can you please have a think about how you'd like to see the place organised and post your opinions here. Personally I don't want to go down the track of having individual country and club sub-sections as yet (partly because I'm the poor sap who'd have to move articles posted in the wrong section Whistle ).

Some potential organisations include:
Bringing back the International/Club sub-sections
Adding an RWC sub-section for the duration of the tournament
Adding a section for our Q & As
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

606V2 Rugby Section Organisation - Feedback please - Page 2 Empty Re: 606V2 Rugby Section Organisation - Feedback please

Post by BATH_BTGOG Wed 13 Jul 2011, 3:01 pm

I'm getting fed up with reading about the Irish RWC squad, its easy take the best players from both Leinster and Munster throw in a couple of Ulster players job done, MOVE ON!!!!!!
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

606V2 Rugby Section Organisation - Feedback please - Page 2 Empty Re: 606V2 Rugby Section Organisation - Feedback please

Post by caoimhincentre Wed 13 Jul 2011, 3:03 pm

i quiet enjoy them bath.

caoimhincentre

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 13 Jul 2011, 3:09 pm

To be honest I would rather it go back to having the sub-catagories, as I tend to post only during work hours so over the weekend when new threads are started on Welsh or Regional rugby I tend to miss out as I am too lazy to trawl through the numerous other posts to find them.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 13 Jul 2011, 3:12 pm

BATH_BTGOG wrote:I'm getting fed up with reading about the Irish RWC squad, its easy take the best players from both Leinster and Munster throw in a couple of Ulster players job done, MOVE ON!!!!!!

I think you meant to say best players from Ulster and Leinster with a few token Munster men thrown in...... Whistle

You see this matter requires a lot of debate....
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 13 Jul 2011, 3:13 pm

BATH_BTGOG wrote:I'm getting fed up with reading about the Irish RWC squad, its easy take the best players from both Leinster and Munster throw in a couple of Ulster players job done, MOVE ON!!!!!!

Should there be an Irish national team section. Certainly worth considering.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 13 Jul 2011, 3:21 pm

red_stag wrote:

I agree, it might just be because of the run up to the world cup but the volume of poll's trying to pick the Ireland squad and now one has started relating to the match day 22.

A wee bit overkill surely?
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Wed 13 Jul 2011, 3:23 pm

caoimhincentre wrote:lot of wums lately. esp from Portnoy. can we have a wum section where we can leave him

Was going to suggest a 'Grumpy old git' section for his articles.
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 13 Jul 2011, 3:25 pm

Maybe we should just ban Irish posters? It would be easy enough to identify them from their IP addresses and if any managed to sneak in using a proxy server then you could have a dummy thread on the Irish back row selection to snare them....... Whistle
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Totallybiasedscarlet Wed 13 Jul 2011, 3:29 pm

Yeah, some decent filters or subsections ala Jeff/Pro12 etc. and then the Nations into their own subs

Have to say to the Mods - thank you for running a decent successor to 606 without the general nonsense the BBC mods inflicted on us. OK

Oh, and thank you for the 🐑 Best smiley ever Laugh
Totallybiasedscarlet
Totallybiasedscarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Wed 13 Jul 2011, 3:32 pm

How about

1. WUMS ......... yellow card, red card to be decided by the mods of course.
2. Best Poster of the month, perhaps worst poster of the month as well

3. A Chrimbo do!!!
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Jul 2011, 3:34 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
red_stag wrote:

I agree, it might just be because of the run up to the world cup but the volume of poll's trying to pick the Ireland squad and now one has started relating to the match day 22.

It is more than a little bit overkill. At least the Welsh one didn't last too long.

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 13 Jul 2011, 3:35 pm

Risca Rev wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
red_stag wrote:

It is more than a little bit overkill. At least the Welsh one didn't last too long.

So when are we getting the Scottish one???
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 13 Jul 2011, 3:38 pm

Please don't!

I'm a scottish fan and I just feel it is totaly unneccesary! The regular scottish posters had a decent wee discussion about it on a thread a page or 2 back from the current front page. Little more will need to be discussed this side of the Summer warm ups.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 13 Jul 2011, 3:40 pm

There are a large number of Irish posters and the player base it split across 3 teams. There is a lot of debate on those articels. Overkill yes but really they are just down to boredom. We could do with an Irish RWC section.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Jul 2011, 3:46 pm

red_stag wrote:There are a large number of Irish posters and the player base it split across 3 teams. There is a lot of debate on those articels. Overkill yes but really they are just down to boredom. We could do with an Irish RWC section.

That would be lovely. It's hard enough trying to catch up on things as it is, particularly as there's a few more of those articles to come. I don't like filters as such, as I don't want to limit myself to discussing only Dragons and Wales (though both are great teams).

Back to top Go down

Post by BATH_BTGOG Wed 13 Jul 2011, 3:56 pm

Risca Rev wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
red_stag wrote:

They haven't even started yet!
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 13 Jul 2011, 3:57 pm

I'm wondering if it would be do able when something like that comes along to create the subsections as and when they are needed.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 13 Jul 2011, 7:48 pm

I have set up a "dream team" section for all the fantasy picks/polls that are going on. I will move/ delete this once the WC/International section is set up.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Wed 13 Jul 2011, 7:56 pm

I'd like seperate Welsh, Irish and English sections and a general rugby section (4 sections total).
The bulk of the fans here seem to be Irish and Welsh, and it does get boring trying to hunt down the Welsh topics, while I have no interest in the Irish ones.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 22 Jul 2011, 3:23 pm

Going forward from the 'dream team' section could you set up a 'live scores' or 'live games' section so that anyone who wants to report on a match taking place knows where to go and then any one stuck not being able to view a game can see if they can get a live thread for it.

It's really handy especially with all the games happening over work hours here.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by BATH_BTGOG Fri 22 Jul 2011, 3:31 pm

This site is in desperate need of sub categories

International
Jeff
ML
Plus the other top leagues
General
and please please please a Banter section (the WUMS are starting to come thick and fast)
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 22 Jul 2011, 3:38 pm

The live game section is a good idea - I like the idea of having sections split either by club, nation or competition but also have these threads appearing in the main Rugby Section as well - that way if you want to find something diretly related to you - you can, but if you just want to see what everyone is talking about then you can as well

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 22 Jul 2011, 3:39 pm

Banter section is a good idea but would the WUMs use it - I think a warning system (or the previously stated yellow card system) decided by the MODS for WUMS would be a good idea.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by MunsterMac Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:14 pm

Could we have it so that the 'Watch this topic' mode's default setting is off so that if you want to watch a topic you have to turn it on.

Take the pressure off my inbox.

MunsterMac

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:15 pm

You do it in your profile settings OK

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:16 pm

BATH_BTGOG wrote:This site is in desperate need of sub categories

International
Jeff
ML
General
and please please please a Banter section (the WUMS are starting to come thick and fast)

Its really not.

Theres only one poage of active threads a day at best currently.

Its just annoying whne you want to browse through conversations having to click through lots of sub fora.

By all means shift the pub and randon tractor threads out to a banter catagory and when the world cup comes up have a sub section for that.

Most topics drfit about between one topic and another anyway, Id also suggest that more sub fora tends towards nmore duplication. Youll get the same conversation in the general, national, and club specific sections.

I just dont see what you gain from ahing things oversplit, especially when people more often than not just dump it in the main catagory

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by MunsterMac Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:24 pm

Thank Hobo. I did not know that.

In fact I missed all the sub pages in my profile.

MunsterMac

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:25 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
BATH_BTGOG wrote:This site is in desperate need of sub categories

International
Jeff
ML
General

Its really not.

Theres only one poage of active threads a day at best currently.

Its just annoying whne you want to browse through conversations having to click through lots of sub fora.

By all means shift the pub and randon tractor threads out to a banter catagory and when the world cup comes up have a sub section for that.

Most topics drfit about between one topic and another anyway, Id also suggest that more sub fora tends towards nmore duplication. Youll get the same conversation in the general, national, and club specific sections.

I just dont see what you gain from ahing things oversplit, especially when people more often than not just dump it in the main catagory

I agree with all this.

But please can we have a place for live match threads Mr Hobo?

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:28 pm

We will take it all on board and come to a mutual decision between Kiwi, dreamer and myself.

One thing to note is that we do have a chat box for live events. Its on most weekends and weeknights - that might be better than a thread.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:34 pm

Thabjk you

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Fri 22 Jul 2011, 9:29 pm

Surely simplest would be International and Domestic,then simply subdiv.ded by Hemisphere
e.g. S-outhern Hemisphere-International
Domestic
Northern Hemisphere -International
Domestic
other than that it gets over complex you could subdivide the Domestics Super.
ITM
Currie cup
Magners
Top14
Aviva
Heineken
but then its just getting unwieldy better for me to just leave it as it is
Aviva

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Fri 22 Jul 2011, 9:41 pm

The sub-section for the team selection has been a failure the number of posters, posts and votes have dropped off a cliff. Please put it back the way it was Cry (they should have a begging smile for this!!)
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2