The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

are wwe working with ring of honor?

+5
User Name
talkingpoint
ADMIN
Kay Fabe
Fernando
9 posters

Go down

are wwe working with ring of honor? Empty are wwe working with ring of honor?

Post by Fernando Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:46 pm

There are people in WWE who don't know this for sure but strongly suspect there is some kind of working agreement between Ring of Honor and WWE. There are also people in ROH who think the same thing. At the same time, people on both sides insist there is nothing going on between the two companies.

Sources insist that some of the things CM Punk spoke about in his infamous RAW promo a few weeks back will start finding their way onto WWE TV soon. For example, Punk talked about Triple H taking over and he began that storyline on this week's RAW. Punk also mentioned John Laurinaitis and Colt Cabana, both who appeared on WWE TV in the past week. While Cabana wasn't named by the announcers, he was shown at ringside on Money in the Bank and was photographed with Punk and the WWE Title in Chicago after the pay-per-view. Punk also mentioned Ring of Honor, which adds to the speculation that WWE may be working with them.

For what its worth, Cabana has told at least one indy promotion that he's worked regularly with that he's not taking any more bookings with them after next month.

ive had a feeling for a while that this may have been happening behind the scene's ever since tyler black moved to wwe, which then lead to roh being apart of wrestlemania weekend.

what does everyone else think?

would it be a good move for the respective companies?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

are wwe working with ring of honor? Empty Re: are wwe working with ring of honor?

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:04 pm

I would love it to be true and have written countless scenarios they could do if they did have an agreement, the thing is, everyone said WWE would have nothing to gain from it, now they do, it would validate their biggest story in years, its also a scenario that for me would draw back viewers, kids and diehards will always tune in, this could appeal to the lost generation

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

are wwe working with ring of honor? Empty Re: are wwe working with ring of honor?

Post by Fernando Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:13 pm

could use it as a step up from fcw as well get them used to going around america and putting in a shift instead of 1 place in florida and also learn a few things from the roh guys cos some of them are technically exquisite

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:19 pm

I think with Triple H having a bigger say in things the WWE will possibly look to using OVW and Harley Race's wrestling school as well as FCW, don't think ROH would be to intrested in teaching green FCW guys to be honest

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:23 pm

if triple h is in charge there's many guys in roh that would go well in the wwe since he's talent recruiter now.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:36 pm

I don't think change will be that radical, I think Trips will get a big say but the dynamic wont be to dramatic

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:10 pm

Well Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli are dotting the i's and crossing the t's on their WWE contracts at present and with the heavy rumour that Colt Cabana is resigning then it would bring the number of ex ROH guys in WWE to 7 (Evan Bourne, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan and Seth Rollins the others).
I think HHH is wising up to the fact that having everyone coming through the production line with the same type of move set and look is not a good thing, that it needs variety and that wrestling should always be high up in priority in getting a new guy on board rather than vanilla look or ability to sell t-shirts to 8 year olds.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:21 pm

Hero wrote:Well Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli are dotting the i's and crossing the t's on their WWE contracts at present and with the heavy rumour that Colt Cabana is resigning then it would bring the number of ex ROH guys in WWE to 7 (Evan Bourne, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan and Seth Rollins the others).
I think HHH is wising up to the fact that having everyone coming through the production line with the same type of move set and look is not a good thing, that it needs variety and that wrestling should always be high up in priority in getting a new guy on board rather than vanilla look or ability to sell t-shirts to 8 year olds.

amen to that.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:56 am

Cabana isnt taking bookings cos he doing wrestling classes in the uk next month.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by Francis Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:11 am

Hero, is it confirmed that Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli have been offered contracts? Or is it just speculation?

Francis

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:24 am

The latest is still just on the dirt sheets so obviously has to be taken with a pinch of salt.
This is what I could find as the most recent post from the weekend:

Ring of Honor talent Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli are in the middle of a pre-signing procedure with WWE—taking a physical and having their backgrounds checked out. The Kings of Wrestling, however, are tentatively advertised for next month's ROH television taping in Chicago Ridge, Illinois.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Francis Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:33 am

Thanks bud

Francis

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:35 am

Also just found this in regards to Punk's status:

As noted before, some of the CM Punk and WWE storyline is expected to play out in other outlets beside WWE TV. Word is that the idea for now is to try a unique balancing act with Punk to be kept in the news with the WWE Title while WWE acts like he doesn't exist. WWE has been calling in favors to try and get Punk booked on things like late night talk shows where they can continue the storyline.

WWE talents have been told not to mention Punk's name in interviews for now, as well as on Twitter and Facebook. On Monday's RAW, John Cena was scripted to slip-up and mention Punk's name. Also before RAW hit the air, Justin Roberts announced that WWE management has banned the fans from chanting Punk's name - which just led to them chanting it, as seen on TV.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:37 am

I like the idea of that, they're really pulling out all the stops to sell this angle well and I assume they're trying to pull other viewers in by having the 'rebel' Punk across all the talk shows and on other news to pull in the casual fans.

They just have to be careful as always that people don't start believing it's legitimate and they have to do a huge U-turn.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:43 am

That's the same with Vince not being in charge, when people think that's legit the stock price plumits as it did when they ran the Trump story.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:45 am

Hero wrote:That's the same with Vince not being in charge, when people think that's legit the stock price plumits as it did when they ran the Trump story.

Yeah that's what I was thinking of. It's ridiculous that things like that happen, but I suppose that's what you get if you use your genuine chairman on TV.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by River Ace Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:00 am

I've hardly seen any ROH but should really find the time as it was awesome and the type of wrestling i like

Hope they are working together

River Ace

Back to top Go down

Post by Francis Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:17 pm

Just saw this and didnt want to create another thread so will post it here:

" The latest on ROH stars Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli coming to WWE is that they will be bypassing developmental and coming straight to the main roster. "

Source - Lordsofpain.net

Francis

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:29 pm

Thats good news, FCW should only be for the inexperianced or guys getting rid of ring rust

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:39 pm

Tyler Black and Jon Moxley struggling with that then? Wink

Completely agree though, ridiculous at times when guys like Hero who have trained guys for years are suddenly put in developmental themselves.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Francis Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:58 pm

Well the fact that they have decided not to stick them in FCW may mean that they are planning on using them sooner than anticipated... Regardless how much talent someone has they always seem to keep them in FCW a little while to wrestle the WWE way... Perhaps this is due to the recent CM Punk storyline/ROH invasion angle? Which by my understanding wasn't planned hugely in advance... Therefore they are rushing them to the main roster to fit in with the possible storylines?

Francis

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:05 pm

Shame they didn't stick Sin Cara in FCW for a while, of anyone that needed a bit of conditioning it was him.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:07 pm

Francis wrote:Well the fact that they have decided not to stick them in FCW may mean that they are planning on using them sooner than anticipated... Regardless how much talent someone has they always seem to keep them in FCW a little while to wrestle the WWE way... Perhaps this is due to the recent CM Punk storyline/ROH invasion angle? Which by my understanding wasn't planned hugely in advance... Therefore they are rushing them to the main roster to fit in with the possible storylines?

I agree on this, I think it's more to provide assistance in a possible invasion angle.
Oh please let other ex ROH guys be involved too (Bourne, Rollins, Bryan).

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:32 pm

Hero wrote:
Francis wrote:Well the fact that they have decided not to stick them in FCW may mean that they are planning on using them sooner than anticipated... Regardless how much talent someone has they always seem to keep them in FCW a little while to wrestle the WWE way... Perhaps this is due to the recent CM Punk storyline/ROH invasion angle? Which by my understanding wasn't planned hugely in advance... Therefore they are rushing them to the main roster to fit in with the possible storylines?

I agree on this, I think it's more to provide assistance in a possible invasion angle.
Oh please let other ex ROH guys be involved too (Bourne, Rollins, Bryan).

If you did an invasion angle like this would you play them as heels or faces? You can't really have commentary getting behind them when they are against the WWE but having them as heels would clash with the massive crowd support Punk is getting at the moment.

Last edited by Ché Guerrero on Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:40 pm

If Michael Cole is the commentator then it would be easy to portray them as faces

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:49 pm

I would agree with that gaffer but in the Punk-Cena match Lawler was arguably the most anti-Punk commentator of the three and he is meant to the face behind the desk

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down