The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England Squad Update (Players released)

+27
yappysnap
tomathy
Countnefarious
sad_gimp
DaveM
InjuredYetAgain
flankertye
TackleBag
majesticimperialman
nathan
HammerofThunor
B91212
screamingaddabs
beshocked
Effervescing Elephant
TheGreyGhost
dummy_half
Ozzy3213
Meflanker
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
BATH_BTGOG
munkian
Manu's Boxing Coach
propdavid_london
robbo277
formerly known as Sam
Cumbrian
31 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

England Squad Update (Players released) - Page 4 Empty England Squad Update (Players released)

Post by Cumbrian Mon 01 Aug 2011, 1:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/other/126508508.html

It has been announced that the following players have been released:

Joe Worsley, George Chuter, Thomas Waldron, David Strettle and James Simpson-Daniel.

So the picture becomes a bit clearer. The three hookers going will be Steve Thompson, Dylan Hartley and Lee Mears.

Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

England Squad Update (Players released) - Page 4 Empty Re: England Squad Update (Players released)

Post by beshocked Wed 03 Aug 2011, 9:36 am

DaveM wrote:
beshocked wrote:
DaveM have you ever watched Saracens play? You and others seem to believe attack is the most important thing. If it was then Saracens wouldn't have won the AP.
Yes, and generally found it slightly disappointing. No doubting the defence, but this England side actually fancies itself to be a decent attacking unit and the Sarries backs get absolutely no opportunity to show they can play attcking rugby.

If Saracens open up next season then more of the backs will appear for England.

In the meantime there is no chance Flutey will be on the plane unless he has shown some form in training and in the warm up games. And if he finds form he's a much better option than either of the admirable but limited duo of Barritt and Allen.

I'd go so far as to say the only chance England have of winning the WC is if Flutey rediscovers his best form.

6-7 games of attacking prowess by Saracens shows they can attack. Hopefully this season we will cut loose. If we do all teams should be wary.

Flutey will be on the plane. Can't really call Allen limited when his side scored the most tries in the AP. Barritt's attack has been shackled by the Saracens gameplan but has played his part well in an excellent Saracens defence.

Optimistic of you to even think England have a chance to win the world cup. New Zealand will win the world cup - no doubt.

I think in 2015 world cup we will do well though.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

England Squad Update (Players released) - Page 4 Empty Re: England Squad Update (Players released)

Post by nottins Wed 03 Aug 2011, 10:19 am

TheGreyGhost wrote:Sure it was warm and dry - because they set the hedges on fire.

Crikey. Out of interest I just checked historical weather forecasts (slow day) and the Southland game was on 21st June where Invercargill was showing an unseasonably warm low of 9.7 and high of 13.4 with 0 mm of rain recorded at the transparently named "living space" motel.

Now considering that the average temperature in June is closer to freezing, I can only imagine that a lot of hedges were set on fire in honour of the visiting Lions fans.

And you lot said it was like Chernobyl. Now there's gratitude for you. Well fine, but don't expect us to be setting any more hedges on fire for you lot in October if that's going to be your attitude.

Not quite sure what your point is. I was just stating the facts. I was there in June 2005, it was warm and dry. A hedge was set on fire near our 3rd rate accomodation. Cowardly, weedy 5' 8" youths shouted abuse from at people wearing Lions shirts.

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Wed 03 Aug 2011, 10:22 am

nottins wrote:
TheGreyGhost wrote:Sure it was warm and dry - because they set the hedges on fire.

Crikey. Out of interest I just checked historical weather forecasts (slow day) and the Southland game was on 21st June where Invercargill was showing an unseasonably warm low of 9.7 and high of 13.4 with 0 mm of rain recorded at the transparently named "living space" motel.

Now considering that the average temperature in June is closer to freezing, I can only imagine that a lot of hedges were set on fire in honour of the visiting Lions fans.

And you lot said it was like Chernobyl. Now there's gratitude for you. Well fine, but don't expect us to be setting any more hedges on fire for you lot in October if that's going to be your attitude.

Not quite sure what your point is. I was just stating the facts. I was there in June 2005, it was warm and dry. A hedge was set on fire near our 3rd rate accomodation. Cowardly, weedy 5' 8" youths shouted abuse from at people wearing Lions shirts.

Come to think of it. The fact that Brian Moore knows what conditions are like near Chernobyl may explain at awful lot.

Anyway...

I'm not quite sure, "Fark off Lions" shouted from a passing car in Invercargill is someone having a bit of banter ?

How do you know they were 5'8'' if they were in a passing car?

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 03 Aug 2011, 10:45 am

Getting vaguely back on track ESPN are suggesting that Sharples, Armitage, Tuilagi, Moody , Botha and Stevens will all be playing the first Wales game.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4