The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sam Warburton

+16
funnyExiledScot
doctornickolas
goodoldstarsandstripes
Cymroglan
kultschar
RubyGuby
Cari
Coleman
Taffineastbourne
Shifty
welshy824
rodders
nottins_jones
Draigoch
Turkster
wales606
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sam Warburton - Page 2 Empty Sam Warburton

Post by Guest Sat 13 Aug 2011, 9:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fair play to the lad, he's had two good games. Just watching the Sky coverage back and Fitzpatrick and the host have caught the typical media disease and misquoted Gatland. Best number 7 in the world? Who said that please.

Anyway, fair play to him. If we get a few more destructive forwards like him and maybe Lydiate, we will be okay.

Back to top Go down

Sam Warburton - Page 2 Empty Re: Sam Warburton

Post by Guest Mon 15 Aug 2011, 11:54 am

Ruby, England hadn't had a "final" warning about further action. Wales had.

North (I think) also got away with not being yellow carded for batting the ball into touch.

It all evens out in the end.

Warburton played well, but not enough to shift many loaves I'm afraid.

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 15 Aug 2011, 12:02 pm

You're right it's ifs and butts. Not convinced it all evens out but that's life and we move on - England don't need to panic just get some creativity in the midfield and bim Bananaman and Cueto - Wales have a lot more power to come into the pack. I don't think there's much between both teams however and you're lads need a good performance against Ireland to get some momentum back. England are usually at their best when their backs are to the wall - That time is coming soon thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 15 Aug 2011, 12:09 pm

RubyGuby wrote:"If he's vocal and inspiring on the pitch why does he need to be captain?"

You lost me after that sentence Hammer - sorry

Yellow cards were harsh IMO and he didn't deal with the England players in the same way despite having his hand in his pocket reaching for the card.

Sorry, I'll try and clarify. If he's not the captain does that mean he can't be vocal and gee up his side? Or lead by example? I'd expect all players to do this, especially senior ones. Just because he does this doesn't mean he should be captain.

The only thing unique to the captains in the communication with the ref. If England were getting away with things Wales weren't then Warburton should have made sure the ref saw these things. And he should have made sure his side responded to the referees demands/expectations. It's one of the things McCaw does very well.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 15 Aug 2011, 12:12 pm

RubyGuby wrote:He could have been politely more assertive with the ref. I actually think refs will like him as he seems a non controversial balanced lad, even in defeat he was generous last week (unlike some)
thumbsup

Posted this earlier - he can improve in this area and was a little passive with the ref but it will come with experience

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 15 Aug 2011, 12:20 pm

RubyGuby wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:He could have been politely more assertive with the ref. I actually think refs will like him as he seems a non controversial balanced lad, even in defeat he was generous last week (unlike some)
thumbsup

Posted this earlier - he can improve in this area and was a little passive with the ref but it will come with experience

I think a big part of it is getting to know the top refs as well, knowing how each one prefers to be talked to, what you can get away with, gaining their respect/trust, etc. Is he captain for the Blues? That would help with the NH refs.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon 15 Aug 2011, 1:25 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:
thumbsup

I think a big part of it is getting to know the top refs as well, knowing how each one prefers to be talked to, what you can get away with, gaining their respect/trust, etc. Is he captain for the Blues? That would help with the NH refs.

No, thats Paul Tito or Gethin Jenkins.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2