The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

606v2 Interview with Tony 'Bomber' Bellew September 2011

+21
sodhat
Union Cane
Scottrf
TopHat24/7
D4thincarnation
Lumbering_Jack
Mind the windows Tino.
TRUSSMAN66
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Small Time
Jimmy Moz
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Steffan
Colonial Lion
BALTIMORA
The Galveston Giant
trottb
Adam D
eddyfightfan
HumanWindmill
Fists of Fury
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

606v2 Interview with Tony 'Bomber' Bellew September 2011 Empty 606v2 Interview with Tony 'Bomber' Bellew September 2011

Post by Fists of Fury Sat 03 Sep 2011, 1:22 pm

Afternoon guys

I recently had the chance to catch up with Tony Bellew ahead of his WBO Light-Heavyweight world title fight against Nathan Cleverly.

Spoiler:

'Bomber', as ever, seemed in confident mood, and regardless of what some think the outcome may be, you can't help but get excited by an all-British world title fight between two guys with a genuine dislike of each other, can you?

Many thanks to Tony for giving up some of his time in what is obviously a very busy period for him at the moment. He's a top bloke, and we wish him all the best for the biggest night of his career.

I put the following questions to Tony in this short interview:

Tony, first of all, congratulations on securing your first world title fight. It is great to have two unbeaten British fighters in an event of such magnitude...tell us what we can expect?

You can expect a great fight, my city will fill the stadium to the 10,000 capacity I'm sure! I have something in common with all 10,000 and that's that I'm a normal lad from Liverpool who just happens to be good at punching people in the face.

Particularly in his most recent fights, it has become clear that Cleverly tends to see the red mist descend when he gets tagged, sticking his chin out as if to show he isn't hurt, and then proceeding to get into a bit of a tear up. Do you think this apparent gung ho weakness in his game is something you can look to exploit?

I don't really concentrate too much on what he does, to be totally honest he is a one dimensional fighter! He is a bully fighter, I will say this, what happens when he fights someone he can't bully or push back?? Someone bigger and stronger than him?? He's yet to meet someone of that mould whereas I have my whole career.

You have shown us two very different styles recently, both boxing and brawling. Which do you feel is likely to be most effective against a fighter of Nathan Cleverly's style, in terms of negating his slight speed advantage, and the aforementioned tendency of Cleverly to get frustrated and start taking chances?

He'll take chances no matter what, like I said he knows no other way, as for will I box or fight?? I'll just say I have the ability to adjust, pre fight, mid fight! Anytime really, can he?? I'll do whatever it takes come October 15th, I know my hand will be raised in the end..

How much of a part do you expect a partisan Liverpool crowd to play in getting behind you for this fight and providing an intimidating atmosphere for Nathan?

If 10,000 scousers were screaming for your blood how would you feel?? He's going to get the worst reception he's ever heard or seen in his whole life! The crowd will help with the noise and hostility but make no mistake, when we get in that ring it's just me and him and that's where his real problems will really begin!

I know that some of our forum members have expressed an interest in going to this event, have you got any ticket news at this moment in time?

The tickets will be available really soon and for more ticket information just follow my Twitter page (@TonyBellew), I'll say this though, act quickly because the demand for tickets is huge!

You're both very inexperienced at this level, and therefore don't really know how you will handle the situation. Do you see the pressure affecting either of you, both positively or negatively, or is it just like any other fight to you?

Every fight is different and while the magnitude of this fight is far greater than any I have had in the past I still see it as being just another fight! I know his strengths and I know his weaknesses! Come the 15th I'll be looking to exploit the latter.

If you win, have you had any thoughts as to what would be your next move? We have heard talk of Bernard Hopkins at this early stage, though admittedly that would seem to be a hell of a step up for either of you at this stage in your careers.

I'll never call out Bernard Hopkins! He's a true legend in my eyes and someone I've studied from a young age, I don't claim to be on that level yet, I'm not ready for Dawson or Hopkins, when I beat Cleverly I'd like a defence and then a unification with Shumenov. I'm ready for one dimensional fighters who fight with their faces, and that's exactly what Cleverly is in my opinion.

I've heard some fans and pundits alike say that coming out throwing bombs from the start is your best chance of winning..what would be your response to that, and do you feel that some are under-estimating your evident boxing skills, as shown during your successful amateur career?

I can box going backwards and forwards, like I say I am not one dimensional! I'll do whatever I have to do to win the fight! People who think that's the only way I can win are going to be in for a real real shock!

Do you feel that you have talked your way into this title shot, as opposed to fought your way into it? There has always been genuine animosity between you and Cleverly, and that press conference before the last fight that was cancelled seemed to get the fans wanting the fight more than any other reason.

This fight is happening because I made it happen. That press conference in May was no coincidence! It's also happening exactly where I wanted it to happen too! Come October I'll also get what I want and that is the WBO title. Professional boxing is a business and you don't get what your worth, you get what you NEGOTIATE!

Any news on a rematch clause for this fight, should Nathan lose his title?

That is contract talk and that is confidential sorry, what I will say though is after I beat him he won't want to come anywhere near me, I also don't want to hear any excuses at all from him!

How is the weight at this moment in time, and how long have you been training for to date?

My weight was 13st yesterday so I'm well ahead of schedule in all honesty! I prepare diligently so that's never an issue, we leave no stone unturned.

What does your typical daily training routine consist of at this stage of the camp?

I train between two and three times a day, from track work to boxing work to tech work and to strength and conditioning work, too! I have learned so much over my career and I put all that experience to maximum use!

Is there anything you would like to say to the members at 606v2 forum and the UK boxing fans ahead of the fight?

Thank you for showing a genuine interest in me and supporting me, I really appreciate it and hope you all enjoy the fight.

We wish you the very best for the fight, and thanks very much for taking part in this short interview. It would be great to speak to you afterward too, win or lose.

Thanks for having me and don't worry about losing as the next time you'll hear from me I'll be the NEW WBO LIGHT-HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD...

Last edited by Fists of Fury on Thu 06 Oct 2011, 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

606v2 Interview with Tony 'Bomber' Bellew September 2011 Empty Re: 606v2 Interview with Tony 'Bomber' Bellew September 2011

Post by HumanWindmill Sat 03 Sep 2011, 1:29 pm

Doesn't come much more current than that, Fists. Top marks, mate. Very well done.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

606v2 Interview with Tony 'Bomber' Bellew September 2011 Empty Re: 606v2 Interview with Tony 'Bomber' Bellew September 2011

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 03 Sep 2011, 1:40 pm

he's not lacking the confidence is he

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sat 03 Sep 2011, 1:44 pm

Quite a nice mix I thought, eddy, he obviously has immense confidence in himself, as a fighter should, but he is honest enough to admit that he isn't ready for the likes of Dawson and Hopkins. I admire that, given that your typical young unbeaten American prospect for example will be telling all and sundry that he is on the verge of sparking out the current 'man' at the weight.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 03 Sep 2011, 1:47 pm

Well done fists - that is a fantastic read and thanks to Tony for taking the time to do it.

Really good and up to date stuff.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 03 Sep 2011, 1:48 pm

Make sure you get him to promise us a full interview if he wins!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sat 03 Sep 2011, 1:57 pm

Great job Fists another good interview.

Definately very confident but he also seems to know where he is in terms of his ability and who he is and isn't ready for.

A clear hatred between him and Clev, this could be one of the fights of the year.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sat 03 Sep 2011, 1:58 pm

I'm sure he will happily spend some time telling us all about it, mate!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 03 Sep 2011, 5:50 pm

Nice job mate.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 03 Sep 2011, 6:27 pm

He says:

...when we get in that ring it's just me and him and that's where his real problems will really begin!

Forgetting that the same's true for him too. How much are 10,000 screaming scousers gonna help him if he takes a pasting?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sat 03 Sep 2011, 6:31 pm

Ha, good point, and the answer is they can't..physically at least. I guess he means they'll be roaring him on which will help him get through the tough patches, and hopefully intimidate Cleverly.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 03 Sep 2011, 6:35 pm

That's the thing; there's nothing wrong with his confidence, but I hope he doesn't believe his own hype too much. Nothing wrong with knowing one's own limitations.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonial Lion Sat 03 Sep 2011, 6:49 pm

Highlights the farcical situation with the number of belts and world titles in circulations. By his own admission this is not even a world level fight and he is not ready for the top guys in the division.

In the old days this would be a fight for the Lonsdale belt and there would be nothing wrong with that. Now its being dressed up as a world title fight where the winner will actively look seek to avoid the biggest challenges in the division while proclaiming themselves a world champion.

Its not the fault of the fighters in question really who are simply trying to further their careers but it paints a poor picture or the state of the sport.

Colonial Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sat 03 Sep 2011, 7:08 pm

It certainly does, Colonial. As you say though, I think people should hold back when criticising the fighters for this - Cleverly, Bellew etc are obviously going to want to fight for a world strap if there is an opportunity, especially considering the champion isn't actually at world level at this stage in his career.

That last sentence highlights just how ridiculous it all sounds, and it is purely down to the proliferation of belts that is allowing such opportunities to arise. It certainly needs addressing, however I don't see it being addressed, do you? Too much money in it all.

I'm glad that Bellew hasn't claimed to be the best thing since sliced bread, and acknowledges the gap between himself and the likes of Hopkins, and kudos to him for that, but it is rather daft when people who aren't on world level can call themselves world champion. As said previously though, the fighters are obviously going to jump at the chance, given that that is where the money is, and that it is a great way to further their careers for a significantly lesser risk.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sat 03 Sep 2011, 8:38 pm

It is a massive problem and I can only see it getting worse. If you look at the present competitive state of boxing and it's popularity compared to years gone by how much further will all of the sanctioning bodies let it slide before action is taken? As long as they get their fees I don't think they will. It has to be down to the promoters to fix this in my opinion as they hold most of the cards.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonial Lion Sat 03 Sep 2011, 9:18 pm

I think the best hope is that they devalue to the point beyond recognition.

As its going now I can envisage that scenario in the near future. Especially with each sanctioning body continuing to saturate further through "diamond" belts and "super" champions. Before long titles will have next to no value and fans will recognise that as such. Once that happens alternatives will emerge such as the Ring belt which probably holds the greatest value in fans opinion these days or the less probable scenario of the various bodies actually getting their act together.

Colonial Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 03 Sep 2011, 9:48 pm

In theory if one of the minor belts took a really stand based on integrity there's no reason they couldn't rise to become the most prestigious of the lot. Sadly, that's not gonna happen while I still have a hole in my ærse.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 04 Sep 2011, 9:50 am

exactly, and in my opinion bellew is even less qualified that cleverly to fight for a world title. he should have at least tried for a euro belt, if he does win cleverly (which i dont think he will) then he will be thrown in at the deep end at world level- and wont last to minutes, or he will be fed hand picked opponents and will lose a lot of credibilty, and face the same critisims as nathan faces. its a shame really because he has a exciting style and built up properly he could have a stella career.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 04 Sep 2011, 2:24 pm

If 10,000 scousers were screaming for your blood how would you feel??

---

Lets just hope security is at a high for Nathan if that is the case. Plus if he wins no one wants a repeat of Hagler v Minter

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sun 04 Sep 2011, 2:56 pm

Steffan wrote:If 10,000 scousers were screaming for your blood how would you feel??

---

Lets just hope security is at a high for Nathan if that is the case. Plus if he wins no one wants a repeat of Hagler v Minter

Are you for real? 🤦

Like there is some racial tension between English and Welsh? There is somethin wrong with you

🐑

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 04 Sep 2011, 3:30 pm

If anything it'll be a safer night out in Liverpool, what with 10,000 scousers all in one place.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sun 04 Sep 2011, 3:50 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:If anything it'll be a safer night out in Liverpool, what with 10,000 scousers all in one place.

Doubt it, then there will be about 10,000 drunk scousers going in town to celebrate

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sun 04 Sep 2011, 3:55 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:If anything it'll be a safer night out in Liverpool, what with 10,000 scousers all in one place.

Doubt it, then there will be about 10,000 drunk scousers going in town to celebrate

Possibly angry drunk scousers as well if Bellew gets a beating.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Sep 2011, 3:58 pm

I agree it is a sad state that boxing is in today.

In all sports, the fans want to see the best pitted against the best. Unfortunately, in boxing this is a dying trend.

In other individual sports, eg tennis, the best play against each other regularly throughout the year.

Boxing needs to fix up or it will become obsolete as a mainstream sport.

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 04 Sep 2011, 4:08 pm

trottb wrote:

Yeah, but as long as you're home by the time the fight ends your home should be unburgled.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 04 Sep 2011, 4:21 pm

To celebrate Bellew getting beaten up? Is he really disliked that much in his home town then...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Sun 04 Sep 2011, 4:28 pm

More chance of me winning the Euro millions than Bellew winning this fight LOL.

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sun 04 Sep 2011, 5:09 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
trottb wrote:

Yeah, but as long as you're home by the time the fight ends your home should be unburgled.

That is a bold shout Balti!

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sun 04 Sep 2011, 5:55 pm

Steffan wrote:

To celebrate Bellew getting beaten up? Is he really disliked that much in his home town then...

Laugh

We'll see

🐑

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 04 Sep 2011, 6:20 pm

Steffan wrote:

Laugh

We'll see

🐑

Yes we sure will

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sun 04 Sep 2011, 6:28 pm

Steffan wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Laugh

We'll see

🐑

Yes we sure will

The fact the Champ has to go to Liverpool to defend his belt says alot about his fan base in Wales. Probs just you an Super D Boon. Not going by per chance are you?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 04 Sep 2011, 6:30 pm

Steffan wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Laugh

We'll see

🐑

Yes we sure will

The fact the Champ has to go to Liverpool to defend his belt says alot about his fan base in Wales. Probs just you an Super D Boon. Not going by per chance are you?

The fight is in Liverpool because nowhere in Cardiff is the right size everywhere is either too big or too small for this kind of crowd. Im hoping to go

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 04 Sep 2011, 6:35 pm

For the record though I think its nice that Bellew is having his 5 minutes of fame in this fight. Clev will beat him with ease and after that Bellew will be known as being a Euro level fighter nothing else which there is no shame in but he will never get a crowd like this again

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sun 04 Sep 2011, 7:40 pm

Steffan wrote:
Steffan wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Laugh

We'll see

🐑

Yes we sure will

The fight is in Liverpool because nowhere in Cardiff is the right size everywhere is either too big or too small for this kind of crowd. Im hoping to go

Why Cardiff? He's Welsh isnt he. So there isnt an suitable arena in ALL of Wales that could hold this fight?! Laugh He's know Bellew can fill an arena where as Clev hasnt got the fan base.

Steffan wrote:For the record though I think its nice that Bellew is having his 5 minutes of fame in this fight. Clev will beat him with ease and after that Bellew will be known as being a Euro level fighter nothing else which there is no shame in but he will never get a crowd like this again

At least he can fill one now Laugh

We'll see

🐑

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 04 Sep 2011, 8:07 pm

Right, let's nip this one in the bud before it goes any further.

Soldier of fortune, Steffan is behaving himself here, after numerous conversations with myself and Windy about not winding the other members up etc, yet you insist on responding in a provocative manner. Do you like these arguments or something? The rest of us certainly don't.

In my eyes, the only thing that Steffan has said here is that he sees Bellew getting beaten up...hardly 'on the edge' as far as predictions for a boxing match go. It's his opinion, and it isn't surprising that he is in support of Cleverly, a fighter local to himself.

Either respond with sensible debate, maybe offering a counter argument as to why you think Bellew will win, or don't comment at all. And for God's sake, please stop posting sheep at the end of each of your posts, it began as a joke on Steffan's part, but now it is getting very boring and moderately offensive.

Thanks.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sun 04 Sep 2011, 8:22 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Right, let's nip this one in the bud before it goes any further.

Soldier of fortune, Steffan is behaving himself here, after numerous conversations with myself and Windy about not winding the other members up etc, yet you insist on responding in a provocative manner. Do you like these arguments or something? The rest of us certainly don't.

In my eyes, the only thing that Steffan has said here is that he sees Bellew getting beaten up...hardly 'on the edge' as far as predictions for a boxing match go. It's his opinion, and it isn't surprising that he is in support of Cleverly, a fighter local to himself.

Either respond with sensible debate, maybe offering a counter argument as to why you think Bellew will win, or don't comment at all. And for God's sake, please stop posting sheep at the end of each of your posts, it began as a joke on Steffan's part, but now it is getting very boring and moderately offensive.

Thanks.

So I cant support Bellew a fighter local to myself?

Where is the provocative manner? I'd like you to point this out as I dont think I've been out of line?

The sheep is an emoticon that all members can use. Why is it there if I cant use it?

I also see nothing gets said to Balti's about his scouse burgalry slur thumbsup

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 04 Sep 2011, 8:53 pm

Q1) Yes, of course you can, so do so without being condescending.

Q2) 'The fact the Champ has to go to Liverpool to defend his belt says alot about his fan base in Wales. Probs just you an Super D Boon. Not going by per chance are you?' I class as provocative, trying to spark a reaction from Steffan or D Boon.

Q3) You know full well that you are using that to Steffan because he is Welsh. I've not seen you use it toward another poster, so don't insult my intelligence.

Q4) That's because he wasn't aiming that at anyone in particular, whereas you sir, are trying to get a rise out of Steffan.

Let's leave it at that, shall we?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sun 04 Sep 2011, 9:11 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Q1) Yes, of course you can, so do so without being condescending.

Q2) 'The fact the Champ has to go to Liverpool to defend his belt says alot about his fan base in Wales. Probs just you an Super D Boon. Not going by per chance are you?' I class as provocative, trying to spark a reaction from Steffan or D Boon.

Q3) You know full well that you are using that to Steffan because he is Welsh. I've not seen you use it toward another poster, so don't insult my intelligence.

Q4) That's because he wasn't aiming that at anyone in particular, whereas you sir, are trying to get a rise out of Steffan.

Let's leave it at that, shall we?

1) Thankyou

2) I was asking him if he was going to support Clev as am goin.

3) Steff also uses this emoticon! He doesnt seem too bothered. I've not said anything about sheep.

4) He might of not have done but I still took offense being from Liverpool. What have I said that has been derogitory against Wales?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun 04 Sep 2011, 11:20 pm

I know he used it a couple of times for a laugh, but that's all it was and it should have stayed that way.

The sheep emoticon is now gone, anyway, so that's that problem resolved.

Just discuss the fight guys, no need to have subtle digs.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Mon 05 Sep 2011, 4:34 pm

As a Welshmen I find his use of the English language more offensive than his apparent attempt to goad with said livestock emoticon.

Anyway back on track.

So in what areas do you feel Bellew has the edge? I'm trying to look at it as objectively as possible but I just can't see how Bellew can win.

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 05 Sep 2011, 4:49 pm

I guess if Cleverly gets a big gung ho then there is always the chance of a big counter rearranging his senses.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 05 Sep 2011, 9:01 pm

Small Time wrote:As a Welshmen I find his use of the English language more offensive than his apparent attempt to goad with said livestock emoticon.

Anyway back on track.

So in what areas do you feel Bellew has the edge? I'm trying to look at it as objectively as possible but I just can't see how Bellew can win.

If Cleverly gets all macho and tries to scrap with Bellew like he did with the bum in his last fight Bellew will spark him out.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Tue 06 Sep 2011, 4:14 pm

Thing is Clev looks like he's got a pretty decent beard (murat caught him with his best down town and it didn't move him) and I'm not totally sold on Bellew's power........I'd suggest that Clev going gung ho is the only way this one interesting, otherwise I see Clev boxing Bellew's ears off in an extremely one sided affair.

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 06 Sep 2011, 4:43 pm

Small Time wrote:As a Welshmen I find his use of the English language more offensive than his apparent attempt to goad with said livestock emoticon.

Anyway back on track.

paham was fel 'n dramgwyddus am 'm arfer chan 'r Saesneg dafodiaith

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 06 Sep 2011, 4:45 pm

Bellew can box and stick to it. I'm not sure Cleverly can especially with Bellew winding him up. I'm putting my money on Bellew although I think both get beat off the top 4 or 5 at the weight pretty comfortably.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 06 Sep 2011, 5:20 pm

prettyboykev wrote:Bellew can box and stick to it. I'm not sure Cleverly can especially with Bellew winding him up

I am sure Cleverly can

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 06 Sep 2011, 5:34 pm

Didn't print the amount of times he said..... arrr eyyyyy in the interview....

Good stuff though Fisty.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 06 Sep 2011, 5:43 pm

Ha! Thanks mate.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 06 Sep 2011, 8:33 pm

Steffan wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:Bellew can box and stick to it. I'm not sure Cleverly can especially with Bellew winding him up

I am sure Cleverly can

Where's the proof because their is a bit of proof to suggest he is easy to draw into a scrap and easy to hit.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 06 Sep 2011, 8:53 pm

prettyboykev wrote:
Steffan wrote:

I am sure Cleverly can

Where's the proof because their is a bit of proof to suggest he is easy to draw into a scrap and easy to hit.

And, from my knowledge, zero evidence to suggest he can't hold a shot. Something that can't be said for Bellew. I normally like what you write on here kev but I honestly think you have some kind of strange blindspot where Bellew is concerned. He has fought absolutely no-one of any real class, the two people he has beaten that you could vaguely describe as "names", he struggled with at various times. Ajisafe and McKenzie both put him on the floor, Ajisafe arguably won their fight, and the second McKenzie fight just highlighted that Bellew has too much for a domestic level guy who he had no right being in a life and death struggle with first time out.

Sure, he got the wins, but his record is way inferior to Cleverly's and for my money, goes into this fight as a pretty sizeable underdog.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next