The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan Prescott 2

+3
Rowley
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Rich1066
7 posters

Go down

Khan Prescott 2 Empty Khan Prescott 2

Post by Rich1066 Fri 30 Sep 2011, 3:14 pm

The Lewis thread taking about Lewis revenge over Rahman and McCall got me thinking as someone mentioned on their about khan. Let me put humble feelings on this out there. Khan is miles better and would beat Prescott in m opinion and Prescott has done nothin to warrant a re-match. However for his own peace of mind why would you not want to avenge the only loss even if 'he is below you'. I would hate to have that blot on my career I would want it erased. I know Lewis Rahman 2 showed that Rahman got lucky first fight but Lewis needed to clear that stain from his record. It frustrates me that khan doesn't think the same. I know he has done so much more since the loss but the old phrase styles make fights by that argument Prescott will always brag about khan being scared, where is khans fighters pride? We know and he knows he is better but for his legacy and peace of mind just put the subject to bed by beating him. Only my humble opinion but if you lose to someone I would want to get back in there and correct it

Rich1066

Back to top Go down

Khan Prescott 2 Empty Re: Khan Prescott 2

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 30 Sep 2011, 3:21 pm

No point Khan has proved it was a slip up nothing more than that. Took better shots off a bigger puncher in Maidana. Nothing to prove, nothing to gain.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 30 Sep 2011, 3:23 pm

It is a fair question and I have heard of other fighters wanting to do similar. I read a biography of Joe Louis recently and he was quoted as saying he did not consider himself champion until after he beat Schmeling.

Whilst I agree Khan does not really need him as Prescott's form has been patchy to say the least since then and Khan has proved he can go in with punchers by beating Maidana but like yourself I think a little part of me would like to have seen Khan exorcise that ghost somewhere along the line but by the same token I am certainly not going to slaughter him for it not happening.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 30 Sep 2011, 4:01 pm

It would be ok if there was an abscence of big fights or lack of options i guess although Prescott losing to Mitchell and McCloskey has really put the two so far apart now that the fights credibility is stretched.

At least with Lewis v Rahman the fight was for the heavyweight world title and was immediately after. Would Lewis have bothered rematching Rahman had Rahman lost the title in his next fight and slipped to a few losses to other contenders? I really doubt it. Likewise Louis v Schmelling was for a world title and had a host of political overtones o it so it was a huge fight.

For me Prescott has just fallen too far below Khan to make the fight really worthwhile or to sell as competitive.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Fri 30 Sep 2011, 4:04 pm

and something which i dont think has been mentioned (i'll be honest, i skim most articles...) lewis HAD to fight Rahman to get his belts back and regain his status as heavyweight champion.

prescott brings nothing to the table (to use a hatton phrase)

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Fri 30 Sep 2011, 4:05 pm

The fight is below Khan, now. He has nothing to proveto the public; he made an error and is now all the better for it. No point to Khan fighting Prescott.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 30 Sep 2011, 4:37 pm

To be honest with you Lewis Rahman 1 was enough to prove he got a tad lucky really... But the second fight really put it into perspective, I'll never forget the HBO commentary for that fight, Boom! Boom!
But let's be fair Lewis Rahman 2 happened because he took his title, massive difference there, Lewis was at the top, whilst Khan was still coming up, and has now clearly gone past him, whereas Lewis needed to beat him to recapture his belt. Though there is an easy selling point on this fight, but I wouldn't pay for it on PPV as I doubt I would see what I saw the first time round. Khan is miles ahead, he can keep going and never look back, plenty of other greats have been beaten early and managed to have a stellar career, don't see why Khan Khan't. (See what I did there?)

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down