The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIAC card

5 posters

Go down

HIAC card Empty HIAC card

Post by talkingpoint Sat 01 Oct 2011, 6:08 pm

Hmmm...I've just watched the HIAC preview programme on sky sports and I must say it has a very strong card.

Mid card:

Sheamus v Christian
Sin Cara v Sin Cara

I think these two matches are exciting - I think the Sin Cara double storyline is probably the best way of minimising the botches as two lucha libre wrestlers should be able to carry each other. Also its a great way of establishing the franchise of sin cara. I think they've worked the Sheamus face turn fairly well and made it believable. I definitely think Sheamus is ready for another world title run and hopefully will be a stronger champion as a face.

Upper card:

Randy Orton v Mark Henry (c)
Triple threat Cena (c) v CM Punk v Alberto Del Rio

The fact that this is the very first time the WWE title has been contested in a triple threat match makes it intriguing but only if they push the PG rating. I'd really like to see some blood in the triple threat match to really stay true to the reputation of HIAC. However, I think the match will be a let down. I can only see Cena retaining here. I also see Henry retaining (or at least he should) a two week title reign after such an impressive build up would be a crime, but I wouldn't put it past the WWE to stick the title back on Orton asap.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

HIAC card Empty Re: HIAC card

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 01 Oct 2011, 7:03 pm

They make a Triple threat sound innovative but they had a 6 man match in 2000

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 01 Oct 2011, 7:32 pm

I cringe at the hyperbole of the HIAC PPV under PG ratings, not to mention the fact they changed the shape of the structure to prevent people from escaping. They've really taken the danger elements out of the match.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Sat 01 Oct 2011, 8:00 pm

It's funny, because while you say it's a strong card, at the end of the day it is only 4 matches and I really cant understand wwe's fascination with having unadvertised matches that always seem to happen on their ppv's, maybe they are going for the surprise element but it's not really.

Back years ago there were never many if any surprise matches or even promos in their ppv's.

Its prob down to lazy booking and deciding right up to the day of the ppv to decide it they want that match on the card.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 01 Oct 2011, 9:12 pm

4 very good matches is a strong card imo. Yes they should put more thought into the under cards but nevertheless if those 4 matches were to deliver it would be a great PPV.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Sat 01 Oct 2011, 11:06 pm

theres the womens match too remember.

i imagine they have big plans for both world title matches, esp the wwe title

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 02 Oct 2011, 6:58 pm

5 matches at the moment

Air Boom vs Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler ???

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Oct 2011, 7:01 pm

It could surprise a lot of people, theyve shown in recent weeks that they're pushing the PG thing to its limit so they may do more of the same tonight, maybe even forget about it altogether. Can't say I'll be parting with my money to watch it though

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Sun 02 Oct 2011, 7:33 pm

im heading round my mates to watch it so split between 5 it turns out to be worth while evening

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down