The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HIAC CONTAINS SPOILERS

+10
Buzzman
Mark_Seven
JoshSansom
JamesLincs
Kay Fabe
sodhat
Celtic Warrior
MtotheC
liverbnz
Stonee21
14 posters

Go down

HIAC CONTAINS SPOILERS Empty HIAC CONTAINS SPOILERS

Post by Stonee21 Mon 03 Oct 2011, 3:51 am

WOW all I can say is wow! Excellent PPV especially seems as it is only 2 weeks after the last.

First off well done WWE for once in keeping the strap on Henry in what was actually the best match I have ever seen from the big guy and it shocked me when he kicked out of the RKO, finally Beth gets the win over KK but I must admit I would of liked to of seen it happen clean, it was nice to see the old IC belt has been brought back and a good promo from Rhodes, the tag titles match was good and made Ziggler and Swagger really look good hopefully they keep on improving at the rate they are and finally....

YES!! Thank God they gave the strap back to ADR for once they seemed to of learnt their lesson in crushing guys who have only just begun as main eventers! The way he won was brilliant and portrays him as a smart/vicious opportunistic heel, brilliant with R Truth and Miz showing up and beating down Air Boom earlier and then destroying Punk, ADR, Cena, the cameramen and the ref. They really are starting to really progress HHH losing control and getting more and more aggressive, WWE really have upped their game lately and this storyline is looking huge and has really got me excited for tonights Raw!

The only slow/low point was the Sin Cara vs Sin Cara match, I never got into it and niether did the crowd.

I would give this an 8.5/10

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

HIAC CONTAINS SPOILERS Empty Re: HIAC CONTAINS SPOILERS

Post by liverbnz Mon 03 Oct 2011, 8:27 am

Sounds a solid effort.

My one gripe would be the overprotection of Cena. ADR would have looked much stronger beating Cena 2 weeks ago and then triumphing last night. Instead they used Punk as the 3rd wheel to do the job for ADR.

Edit: Loving Henry's push. Proves that simple, old school booking is still effective.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Mon 03 Oct 2011, 8:59 am

I am pleased that ADR won the match but I am getting really p#*$ed off with all the tittle changes, it really doesn't mean anything to be a world champion anymore! I would be really interested to know how many times cena has won the tittle this year alone!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Mon 03 Oct 2011, 9:09 am

I haven't watched it, but I read the spoilers this morning.

So are we going to get another Cena revenge title win?

"The only way you could win was by locking me out of the cell..." Even if they do go that way, I'd love to see ADR retain in ther ematch. I'm not an ADR fan by any means but this constant changing of titles is tiresome. Not to mention he's already held it a record number of times and that in itself is irritating.

Loving the fact that they kept the belt on Henry, but did Orton chasing him up the ramp indicate that his reign of terror is coming to an end?

Awesome Truth getting involved was inevitable, but sounds brilliant and brutal.

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 03 Oct 2011, 9:19 am

I didn't expect the title change at all, and I was sure they'd keep it on Cena to steady the ship for a while. It seems like ADR will hold until the Rumble now when Cena wins it and takes it to WM to face the Rock.

It read like an excellent show and I will be watching when I get home. I like the sound of the chaotic ending on this one too.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 03 Oct 2011, 10:45 am

It was a good PPV, better than anticipated, mark out moment for the real IC Title, still think Punk should have won the title but I think if they're going down a Del Rio/Punk feud then Punk's probably the best as the hunter

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 03 Oct 2011, 11:27 am

the-gaffer wrote:It was a good PPV, better than anticipated, mark out moment for the real IC Title, still think Punk should have won the title but I think if they're going down a Del Rio/Punk feud then Punk's probably the best as the hunter

Looks like they might be investing in Cody as the man to reinvent the IC title doesn't?

All the better I say, he should be regarded as a real future star (if not one already, really) and a long reign as the focal point of the midcard would be an excellent way of handling him I think.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Mon 03 Oct 2011, 11:42 am

theres no doubt cody is set for a massive push at some point in the next 24 months. hes proven his worth and weve seen wwe reward him for that with a wm win and now being given the opportunity with the retro belt.

it was an okay ppv, i wasnt that happy with it, the sin cara botch fest was awful to watch. and booker annoyed the shize out of me. "did you just see that?" "youve GAT to be kiddin' me!"

enjoyed the main event and the close, but that was really it tbh

watched it with a group of friends and to make it interesting we predict the winners and outcomes of matches, otherwise we basically arent interested until cm punk comes on. cody rhodes too for me

6.8/10

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Mon 03 Oct 2011, 3:11 pm

Very much a mixed bag for me:

- Thought it was the wrong call to open with Christian v Sheamus, I thought that the Sin Cara contest should have been the curtain raiser, or the tag team contest
- Talking of the Sin Caras, the most entertaining thing about it was the crowd chanting "this is boring". Their style may be wonderfully technical, but it didn't hold my interest - frankly I may sound like a philistine here, but it looked like gymnastics
- Christian and Sheamus had a great match and it really sold both over very well in heel / face roles. Not sure if they are going to have another match but if they do it would be another good PPV contest
- Tag team match was OK, more interest will probably be on whether Ziggler / Swagger stick together. Personally I think that Dolph can go to the next level and a feud with Swagger would work well for him
- First HIAC match wasn't great at all and I don't think that gimmick matches work well for Mark Henry to be honest. I was glad to see Henry win however and hope that he keeps it for a while. His victory would make me think that the feud is over, but the ending seems to suggest a continuation at Vengence and a likely victory in a #1 Contenders match for Orton on SD
- Didn't watch the Divas match particularly, but it is good to see Beth with the title and the hellish way she got it suggests that they want to keep Kelly strong
- Cody's promo was excellent, the new belt is excellent and it is great that a heel is being put in a spot like that and won clean
- Speaking of winning clean, how far down the pecking order is JoMo now?!
- The main event confirmed what I normally think which is that triple threat matches feel unbalanced. One guy has to spend an inordinate amount of time outside the ring recovering to allow the other two to run some moves. I think it would have worked a little better as a F4W, though there wasn't an obvious fourth wheel
- ADR winning makes little sense
- That said, John Cena being locked out of the cage was an interesting and innovative touch
- The mass brawl at the end was great however and really leaves so many questions for Raw and then the PPV's to come
- I hope that ADR doesn't drop the title back to Cena at Vengence
- I think that Michael Cole needs his hearing checked. I think that the crowd were chanting "Cena Sucks" not "CM Punk"... maybe Vince has been bellowing in his ear for too long

Overall I would say it was a 7/10 with the main event, IC and Sheamus/Christian parts being above this and the rest below.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Seven Mon 03 Oct 2011, 3:49 pm

Enjoyed the PPV and the ending in particular was something fresh. Most of all though it allowed the return of the old JR "Come on, somebody stop this! Get in there! Help these people!". Absolutely love that guy. I know Cole is lead commentator but I couldn't help but wish he'd shut up for a bit and let JR take over and get passionate like he kept trying to. Throughout the main event the three announcers seemed to be constantly battling with each other to talk.

Mark_Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Mon 03 Oct 2011, 4:17 pm

Sounds like a quality PPV, would have preferred Punk to be locked out and cena pinned but we can't have it all.

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 03 Oct 2011, 4:45 pm

It allows Punk to now chase the title, I feel Cena will now beg for Miz and Truth to get their jobs back so he can bury them

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Mon 03 Oct 2011, 6:03 pm

Excellent pay per view in my opinion.

Definitely in the top three of this year,probably only just behind Money in the Bank for me.

I agreed with pretty much all of the results and felt that each match was given a good amount of time for the competitors to showcase their abilities.

Cody Rhodes is going to be huge within the next 12 months,would not be surprised to see him as world champion by Survivor Series next year.He is a classic example of taking the ball and running with it,brilliant character development.

Miz/Truth are probably the best thing about WWE programming right now.I am a massive CM Punk fan but all I care about at the moment is what these two are going to do next.The end of the PPV was fantastic,really enjoyed it.

I also think think putting the strap on Del Rio was the right call.Maybe he shouldn't have dropped it at Night of Champions but in hindsight it allowed him to develop the "ruthless" part of his character and I really bought into the end of the match.Would like to see Del Rio run with the belt until early next year and give Punk the chance to hunt him,whilst keeping other stories burning along nicely.

I still think this is all leading to Punk/HHH at Mania.And this is all a good swerve right now.HHH is still being made to look like a face with his feud with Miz/Truth but I think in the end it will lead to him screwing Punk out of the title.

As for Mark Henry,that is how you make a super heel.I just worry that he is being built up as monster food for a returning Undertaker,which will be a serious letdown.I could realistically buy into Henry as world champion for a long time to come but just don't think he is going to make it to the end of the year with the belt.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Mon 03 Oct 2011, 6:49 pm

Could also be building Henry up for the babyface Sheamus to destroy. He's obviously tied up with Christian right now, but that just gives a little longer for Henry to be built up.

I doubt it. I fully expect Orton to win it from him after chasing him up the ramp yesterday; they obviously have unfinished business and there is no way WWE will give Henry 3 PPV wins against Orton in a row.

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Mon 03 Oct 2011, 11:55 pm

Solid pay per view IMO....

That IC Belt looks siiiiiiiiiiiiiiick!!!

I was impressed by how a lot of the matches finished... Henry kicking out of the RKO & following it up with a WSS of the failed punt to the head

Excellent booking in the tag finish with Bourne reversing the powerbomb into a pin & Kingston cleverly holding Ziggler's leg - I love attention to detail like this, its normally serverely lacking these days (especially when you consider your top star doesn't know how to apply his own submission finisher)

I liked the finish with Del Rio looking very calculated & cunning, locking out Cena... Why not just keep the title on Del Rio since Summerslam though?

Only major disappointments were Sin Cara vs Sin Cara which ended up being a boring botchfest.... & predictably Booker's woeful commentating, he looked about as professional as Carlos Tevez when he declared Mark Henry should just getting counted out in the No DQ, No Count Out Hell in a Cell world title match

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by VoiceOfTheVoiceless Tue 04 Oct 2011, 12:39 am

Cody Rhodes Backstage

Just found this link on Youtube. Seems from what hes saying that the WWE are really listening to what people have been saying about how the title has been devalued over the past few years.

VoiceOfTheVoiceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 04 Oct 2011, 9:25 am

Another great PPV with a brilliant ending meaning I really want to see the next Raw. I didnt really expect Alberto Del Rio to get his belt back. In fact I couldnt see past a John Cena win. Also I had a feeling Randy Orton would reclaim his belt from Mark Henry so there was 2 suprises.

I like how the IC belt is getting attention and its cool to see the retro belt but I still thought the other one looked better.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down