The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HHH vs Vince (HIAC Spoilers)

5 posters

Go down

HHH vs Vince (HIAC Spoilers) Empty HHH vs Vince (HIAC Spoilers)

Post by Fernando Fri 26 Oct 2012, 11:31 pm

top WWE decision makers are split down the middle on whether Ryback should leave Atlanta with the WWE title.

It seems Triple H is of the opinion, and there are others who agree with him, that CM Punk should not lose the title. Vince McMahon, on the other hand, is leading a group of people who feel a shocking Ryback win for the title is the best decision.

There is concern from those who are in favor of CM Punk retaining that a Ryback title win might not go over well in the locker room. While sources didn't suggest Ryback is disliked, many respect CM Punk for all the hard work he's put in. It seems there are those who feel a Ryback win would serve as an immediate shock and a huge boost to his push—but ultimately would be a bad decision for future business.

After asking several sources their gut feeling on who would walk out with the title, they all said they feel by the final hour, the decision will be to go with CM Punk. However, one quickly added that with Vince being a big fan of Ryback, it wouldn't surprise them if he ignored other concerns and went with the young star.

In other news, Ryback is being advertised for this Monday's WWE Raw event in Charlotte, North Carolina as "The Undefeated" Ryback. Also advertised for the dark match main event is Ryback vs. CM Punk for the WWE Championship.

Source:nodq.com

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

HHH vs Vince (HIAC Spoilers) Empty Re: HHH vs Vince (HIAC Spoilers)

Post by Hero Fri 26 Oct 2012, 11:33 pm

I've also seen shows being advertised for the title in a few weeks of Punk v Cena though obviously they're all subject to change.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 26 Oct 2012, 11:38 pm

Survivor Series it is in fact, Punk v Cena whilst Big Show and Ryback lead Survivor style teams.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Sat 27 Oct 2012, 10:15 am

I'm always a tad sceptical when I see things like this 'leaked' from a backstage source. The cynic in me says that of course wwe want people to question what way the match is going to go, so that people buy the PPV to tune in and find out.

That being said vince is not a stranger to wanting to mix things up and a ryback win at this stage in his career against a champion that is reaching nearly a year long regin would be a huge curve ball. Never say never but IMO this is a work to increase interest in the PPV

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Sat 27 Oct 2012, 2:38 pm

I said it before and I'll say it again, Punk walks out Champion on Sunday night, it makes no sense for Ryback to win.

For starters Punk-Rock is way bigger than Ryback-Rock at Royal Rumble.

Ryback could go all Sheamus 2010 or Orton 2004 where the potential is there but the title should not be.

On top of that WWE Title matches go from being the best of the night consistently to squash matches.

Where does Punk go? His popularity with marks has been killed dead while he looks like a naff Champion for not beating a rookie.

Crowds are still chanting "Goldberg" at Ryback. That is not flattering.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 27 Oct 2012, 2:54 pm

For me had Ryback gone over some big names on PPV and had a strong win streak under his belt rather than the jobbers he was fed for the first few months of his gimmick, then this HIAC match would be so much more meaningful for both men concerned. Ryback would have been the perfect guy to unify the titles - he could have worked his way up to the world title against Sheamus and beaten him, leading him to a successful title defence and then moving on to Punk. A champion v champion match to unify the titles with Ryback as undefeated would have been a much bigger selling point and if Punk was to lose it would still make him look strong and his wwe title run not an anticlimax. Then if the Rock was to put over an undefeated, undisputed champion Ryback; Ryback's career would have been set and his career would more truly mirror that of Goldberg.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Sat 27 Oct 2012, 9:00 pm

Yeah apart from squashing Miz and Ziggler (and lets face it, that doesn't really mean anything), Ryback's not beaten anyone.

This is all moot anyway because the end game of everything is always Cena's arm raised so I don't know why I care so much.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down