The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales

+38
21st Century Schizoid Man
Messymesina
Luckless Pedestrian
Dr Kenneth Noisewater
asoreleftshoulder
Gatts
TycroesOsprey
Cymroglan
andy powells minder
maestegmafia
rodders
GunsGerms
Breadvan
JDandfries
Comfort
mankiaow
Bitter Beer
caoimhincentre
beshocked
BlueNote
Glas a du
RubyGuby
Rollmeister
gelodge
Cowshot
lostinwales
DRAGONONPARADE
Knowsit17
kingjohn7
racingnut
dogtooth
Biltong
Draigoch
rugbyfan
wales606
Shifty
HammerofThunor
BigTrevsbigmac
42 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

???

Wales Vote_lcap21%Wales Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 16 ]
Wales Vote_lcap59%Wales Vote_rcap 59% 
[ 46 ]
Wales Vote_lcap20%Wales Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 16 ]

Total Votes : 78

Wales Empty Wales

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:48 am

We're actually going to win the world cup. I'm not even joking.

Back to top Go down

Wales Empty Re: Wales

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:53 am

oh dear - you have already lost a match you know.

I guess the 7 other 1/4 finalists apart from France will feel the same but you may not here it from their fans yet?

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:55 am

I went for maybe. Same as all the Quarter Finalist (even Argentina)

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:55 am

No we wont this is Wales we are talking about, next week is a 50/50 game against Ireland, and after that it will be a 50/50 semi final against france or england, and after that a 99/1 game against new zealand so no we wont win it.
We can however be very proud, all we asked is to compete with south africa and try not to lose to the island teams, we have done far far more than any welsh fan had dreamed of. We can be very proud.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:00 am

AlynDavies wrote:No we wont this is Wales we are talking about, next week is a 50/50 game against Ireland, and after that it will be a 50/50 semi final against france or england, and after that a 99/1 game against new zealand so no we wont win it.
We can however be very proud, all we asked is to compete with south africa and try not to lose to the island teams, we have done far far more than any welsh fan had dreamed of. We can be very proud.

I agree Wales have achieved RU spot in their group which was 'par' but their performances have been encouraging.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:01 am

If the question was "are we going to make the final" it would be yes.

But to beat NZ at home/SA who beat NZ at home/Aus who beat NZ at home will be very difficult.

Dont get carried away...
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:05 am

wales606 wrote:If the question was "are we going to make the final" it would be yes.

But to beat NZ at home/SA who beat NZ at home/Aus who beat NZ at home will be very difficult.

Dont get carried away...

But you would have to beat Ireland(probably) who beat Australia who beat NZ at home Wink

So the answer should be no shouldn't it?

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by rugbyfan Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:05 am

Wales, England and Ireland all have a 'good' chance of making the final -I'm guessing that France are not capable of TWO good perfromances - but I think SA or NZ would be favourites to win against any of the home nations.

It's a great draw now, and while I hope that it's England playing in the final, I'm delighted that Wales and Ireland may be there.

rugbyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Draigoch Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:05 am

AlynDavies wrote:No we wont this is Wales we are talking about, next week is a 50/50 game against Ireland, and after that it will be a 50/50 semi final against france or england, and after that a 99/1 game against new zealand so no we wont win it.

Sorry mate, but I'm fed of this balls. For too long we praise mediocrity and have suffered for it. I'm not saying we will do anything, but we have to at least frickin try.

Draigoch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:09 am

BigTrevsbigmac wrote:
wales606 wrote:If the question was "are we going to make the final" it would be yes.

Dont get carried away...

But you would have to beat Ireland(probably) who beat Australia who beat NZ at home Wink

We beat Samoa who beat Australia who beat beat NZ...so the answer is yes Wink

We're going to win the world cup. It's embarrassing people can even dispute it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:11 am

Well good luck with that reasoning, I don't even fancy our chances against NZ and we do pretty well against them, so yeah. Go for it.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by rugbyfan Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:11 am

Draigoch wrote:

Sorry mate, but I'm fed of this balls. For too long we praise mediocrity and have suffered for it. I'm not saying we will do anything, but we have to at least frickin try.

Good attitude - why shouldn't Wales get to the final and then ??? As an England fan I think we have a great chance, and Wales have shown enough to suggest they do as well. Previous threads have aruged that Wales are a better team than England so why not a final sport?

rugbyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:12 am

i cant predict a rwc win for wales but as i said sometime ago on old606, if wales can get past their quater no semi finalists will stop us making the final.

huge game against ireland next week. if we win that i cant see england or france coming even close.

wales are playing the best rugby i think i have ever seen them play.

happy days

Last edited by dogtooth on Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:12 am

Draigoch wrote:Sorry mate, but I'm fed of this balls. For too long we praise mediocrity and have suffered for it. I'm not saying we will do anything, but we have to at least frickin try.
Welsh rugby is either up or down there is no middle ground, but we had a young promising team in 1987, and 2003 but after good world cups those players came home to adulation and stopped aspiring to be better, they start to believe their own press and think they dont need to try anymore as they have made it, that is always wales problem.
We can be happy with what we have achieved and very proud, but lets keep our feet on the ground.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by rugbyfan Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:16 am

dogtooth wrote:i cant predict a rwc win for wales but as i said sometime ago on old606, if wales can get past their quater no semi finalists will stop us making the final.

huge game against ireland next week. if we win that i cant see england or france coming even close.

happy days

Think that may be a bit of 'post match euphoria' there! When was the last time Wales thumped England or Ireland?

rugbyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:19 am

rugbyfan wrote:
dogtooth wrote:i cant predict a rwc win for wales but as i said sometime ago on old606, if wales can get past their quater no semi finalists will stop us making the final.

happy days

Think that may be a bit of 'post match euphoria' there! When was the last time Wales thumped England or Ireland?

ireland will not be an easy match. i dont imagin it will be.
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:26 am

miaow wrote:We're actually going to win the world cup. I'm not even joking.

i dont think wales can win it. imho south africa will make the final. if wales beat ireland it will be a wales south africa final. i expect wales will be seen off by the boks in that match.

dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:26 am

Just listened to Gareth Thomas and you would think that Wakes had won the thing outright! Yes they played some nice stuff but cmon,Fiji are to open for their own good and they gave away more turnovers than the local bakers.The two decent teams that youve come across in your pool ended in a defeat and a game that could have gone either way.As with virtually all the teams in this WC,its who turns up on the day.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:37 am

the teams on our path to the final we can beat but like someone said they 50/50s. I think its poss we could beat sa or aus but highly unlikely- but if we play nz we got no chance.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:40 am

based on their performances so far i dont see france or england as 50/50 games. france is unpredictable but england wont get passed wales in the semi, if england and wales make it there.
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:29 am

dogtooth wrote:based on their performances so far i dont see france or england as 50/50 games. france is unpredictable but england wont get passed wales in the semi, if england and wales make it there.

the thing about england is they seem to play at the oppositions level to always be competitive. as much as i think we have the better side if we play them they will be tough to beat even if they play poorly. and yeah france are playing crap but they would have just won a quarter final so more confident- plus they have some great players. but yeah i do agree we are playing better and think our side is better.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:35 am

Cheers for the jinx miaow Rolling Eyes

I wish some people would just be happy with the chickens we have so far instead of those that are still encased in eggshell.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by DRAGONONPARADE Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:46 am

If you listened to the pundits before the tornament we were'nt even gonna get out of the group now people aretalking about the final.With so many youngsters in the side and a lot more coming through the futures looking good

DRAGONONPARADE

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:05 am

Naturally if the worst thing happens and Wales do get to the final I will actually support them and hope they live up to the hype.

However I might not be able to watch or read about rugby for a few years after if they actually do win (or even worse - 'they would have won except for the one incident when.... '). Come to think of it I guess that was the reaction a few people had around here after 2003.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by DRAGONONPARADE Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:28 am

2003 still hearing about 1966

DRAGONONPARADE

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:31 am

DRAGONONPARADE wrote:2003 still hearing about 1966
laughing
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:07 am

Each game as it comes now,Ireland will be a massive task but it 50/50 now.

I honestly think who ever wins between Wales and Ireland will make the final.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:58 am

We're going to win it. Jeez. Why are people being so dense?

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:08 am

BigTrevsbigmac wrote:

Dont get carried away...

Correction, it is optimitically yes.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:14 am

Wales beat Samoa and Fiji (plus Namibia) and they're unstoppable. Weird.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:39 am

Don't forget they beat England last time out as well,also Argentina and Scotland,
the teams mighty England juggernauted past in the worlds easiest group.

Mighty Mighty Red Rose of England going to march into the final.

Samoa would have topped that group or Tonga or even Canada

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:45 am

I tipped Ireland for the final. My mate tipped Wales for the final. Mr Lynagh tipped England for the final.

No-one has tipped France, so they'll probably win it in a mega-sulk.

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:08 pm

miaow wrote:We're going to win it. Jeez. Why are people being so dense?

i admire your optimism but this thicko reckons wales wont win it.
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by gelodge Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:38 pm

viewtothegym wrote:Don't forget they beat England last time out as well

Third time lucky for the year with home advantage in an inconsequential warm-up and England missing a raft of players wasn't it?

Ireland have beaten the 3N champions this WC, Wales lost to the team that came last. Wales haven't beaten a team of consequence in a serious match without the assistance of a ball boy or home advanatge since 2008. End of the road for you next weekend I'm afraid.

gelodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:55 pm

viewtothegym wrote:Don't forget they beat England last time out as well,also Argentina and Scotland,
the teams mighty England juggernauted past in the worlds easiest group.

Mighty Mighty Red Rose of England going to march into the final.

Samoa would have topped that group or Tonga or even Canada
Why not just go the whole hog and say Finland would top that group? If you're going to say something silly you may as well go out with a bang.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:19 pm

gelodge wrote:
viewtothegym wrote:Don't forget they beat England last time out as well

Third time lucky for the year with home advantage in an inconsequential warm-up and England missing a raft of players wasn't it?

Ireland have beaten the 3N champions this WC, Wales lost to the team that came last. Wales haven't beaten a team of consequence in a serious match without the assistance of a ball boy or home advanatge since 2008. End of the road for you next weekend I'm afraid.

Wales didn't even beat a team of consequence when they beat Ireland in the 6 Nations just gone. I don't know why you Irish ladies have to keep bringing up the ball boy incident for, especially when you are all happy to accept three of your dodgy points after a clear O'Driscoll knock on. We'll call the score 12-10 and move on now girls.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rollmeister Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:50 pm

Sigh, it's threads like this that get Welsh fans such a bad reputation. Yes, we're playing well, yes, we have a much better chance of doing well than any time in the last decade. No, we haven't won the bloody cup yet.

Equally, neither has any other team. Previous games go out of the window in a cup situation. We nearly beat SA, Ireland beat Aus. It's apples and pears. Does either of those things mean next week's match is a dead cert for either side? Of course it doesn't. Equally, England are looking ropey, but they've conceded exactly one try, and Ashton is the highest try score in the RWC so far.

In short, it's all to play for. Rock, paper, scissors means nothing, and throwing insults doesn't make your team better.
Rollmeister
Rollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:12 pm

Well said Rollmeister there should be more like you.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:59 pm

That's fair enough, Roll, but it doesn't take into account the fact that Wales are going to beat Ireland quite comfortably having the ability to score tries from 1 to 15, something Ireland lack. Then it's the victor of the lesser two of the NH, and a choking NZ in the final.

We're going to win it.

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:56 am

On current form I'd say a S Africa v Wales final - In reality it'll probably a NZ v France final thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:37 am

There would be poetry about a final with SA, but poets are usually crap rugby players. Rolling Eyes
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:02 am

Umm, for the first time ever, I'd say it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Wales will win, but it's a pretty long shot even now! We'll have to beat 3 teams who have been more used to beating us in recent years.

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:09 am

First focus on getting past Ireland then you can dream of progressing further.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by caoimhincentre Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:26 am

RubyGuby wrote:On current form I'd say a S Africa v Wales final - In reality it'll probably a NZ v France final thumbsup

i'll give deccie a call tell him to fly home with the team today.

Me: Deccie, time to go home. the welsh machine is going to kill us. on current form they are a shoe in for the final

Deccie: but we finished top of our group, we beat the 3n champions, they were beaten by SA and scrapped past a samoa team that had a 5 day turn around.

Me: but deccie look what they did to that world class outfit fiji, i mean there defence was awesome and they still but 66 points on the board..

Deccie: you are right (shouts of the phone) Brian tell the boys to pack the bags. Thanks kev that was almost embarrasing.

Me: No problem

caoimhincentre

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:54 am

caoimhincentre - Now I wouldn't go that far, I actually think you've got a 50/50 chance here but you'll have to play a lot better than you did against the USA and Scotland recently. thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by caoimhincentre Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:55 am

scotland? don;t you mean austraila

caoimhincentre

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:58 am

No I mean Scotland who you lost to recently, like many you're just pulling the selective memory one. You lost 4 on the bounce coming into the RWC and struggled past Italy in the 6 Nations and the USA recently. ALL those games seem to be forgotten (a classic anglo trait) - The game remains a 50/50 and we can all talk our teams up and this history etc - it counts for nothing though. thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by caoimhincentre Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:00 am

oh you mean in 2010over 18 months ago. would you like me to point out teams wales have lost to in the last 18 months or are you ok with forgetting them too.

Anglo trait????

caoimhincentre

Back to top Go down

Post by Bitter Beer Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:03 am

I'd say Ireland's relative experience will count for a lot and that its at least 60/40 in their favour.

Bitter Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:05 am

Its actually 9 weeks ago that you lost to Scotland - Like I said, it's selective memory, like the anglos it just disappears without trace. Next thing you'll be telling me is that you didn't have a full team Yahoo Yahoo

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next