The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quarter Final Number 1 - Ireland vs Wales - WALES ARE IN The Semis

+37
HammerofThunor
flyhalffactory
Taffineastbourne
doctor_grey
TycroesOsprey
littlejohn
Standulstermen
Shifty
Cymroglan
Feckless Rogue
D24tress
Sin é
ME-109
Ferris+O'Brien+Heaslip
MunsterMac
Eclipse
BlueNote
Comfort
westisbest
Ozzy3213
andy powells minder
Rava
Mickado
Cari
Luckless Pedestrian
caoimhincentre
rodders
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
dummy_switch_pop
mystiroakey
Thomond
Glas a du
RubyGuby
Artful_Dodger
majesticimperialman
Biltong
maestegmafia
41 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Who will win

Quarter Final Number 1 - Ireland vs Wales - WALES ARE IN The Semis - Page 7 Vote_lcap37%Quarter Final Number 1 - Ireland vs Wales - WALES ARE IN The Semis - Page 7 Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 26 ]
Quarter Final Number 1 - Ireland vs Wales - WALES ARE IN The Semis - Page 7 Vote_lcap63%Quarter Final Number 1 - Ireland vs Wales - WALES ARE IN The Semis - Page 7 Vote_rcap 63% 
[ 44 ]

Total Votes : 70

Poll closed

Quarter Final Number 1 - Ireland vs Wales - WALES ARE IN The Semis - Page 7 Empty Quarter Final Number 1 - Ireland vs Wales - WALES ARE IN The Semis

Post by maestegmafia Tue 04 Oct 2011, 9:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well played Ireland...!

Last edited by maestegmafia on Sat 08 Oct 2011, 8:20 am; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : UPdating)

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Quarter Final Number 1 - Ireland vs Wales - WALES ARE IN The Semis - Page 7 Empty Re: Quarter Final Number 1 - Ireland vs Wales - WALES ARE IN The Semis

Post by rodders Sat 08 Oct 2011, 3:14 pm

Thomond Wales looked like veterans today, so relaxed and composed. By contrast we were tense and panicked and never really got into our stride, although part of that was down to Welsh pressure.

Wales played like a side who were enjoying playing in the QF of a RWC whereas we played like a side who were desperate to be in the SF.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Quarter Final Number 1 - Ireland vs Wales - WALES ARE IN The Semis - Page 7 Empty Re: Quarter Final Number 1 - Ireland vs Wales - WALES ARE IN The Semis

Post by RubyGuby Sun 09 Oct 2011, 1:25 pm

roddersm wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:Halfpennys positioning is far better than Byrnes and he's better under the highball .... 1/2 P is also a better defender thumbsup

Yes of course Ruby Wink

thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun 09 Oct 2011, 2:48 pm

RubyGuby wrote:
roddersm wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:Halfpennys positioning is far better than Byrnes and he's better under the highball .... 1/2 P is also a better defender thumbsup

Yes of course Ruby Wink

thumbsup

Doh
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sun 09 Oct 2011, 4:51 pm

It was just the way it went Rodders - I guess we know our own players a lot better than others and 1/2p did what I expected him to do, He's an intelligent footballer as are a lot of these young welsh players such as Warburton Jamie and JD. It was a tight game and maybe just one too many for Ireland against a welsh side that perhaps no one has taken much notice of. They play with maturity and confidence and they are well organised when under pressure. I actually think they have a lot more to offer but next week is another 50/50 so who knows. thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun 09 Oct 2011, 7:39 pm

Halfpenny was probably the only Welsh player who surprised me Ruby. Wales played exactly how I expected. I've been watching them all tournament and know how well the likes of Roberts, North and Warburton etc. have been going.

By contrast Ireland didn't quite hit the heights of the group stages. We played ok, good even, but needed an exceptional performance against a Wales side who are one of the best teams in the competition,and we didn't quite produce it.

Wales are a very good side right now, deserved winners and I wish you all the best in the SF. guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 09 Oct 2011, 7:54 pm

roddersm wrote:

Wales are a very good side right now, deserved winners and I wish you all the best in the SF. guinness

Ireland as ever were fantastic opponents, when they clawed back to 10 all I could see us going home. Wales found another gear we didn't know they had...!

It's a shame such a team as Ireland had to home so early, but that is the nature of the competition.

We will all look forward to the new Ireland to emerge ready for the next RWC.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sun 09 Oct 2011, 9:21 pm

thumbsup Rodders - we've had some good debates this RWC, long may it continue

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by littlejohn Mon 10 Oct 2011, 10:05 am

So hands up those who put a few quid on Wales to win the WC when they were 80-1 to win? I'm pretty sure that was the odds for Wales at teh start of the WC.

Good luck valley boys, you'll have the Irish rooting for you all the way now!

littlejohn

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 10 Oct 2011, 11:00 am

RubyGuby wrote: thumbsup Rodders - we've had some good debates this RWC, long may it continue

OK guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 10 Oct 2011, 11:12 am

littlejohn wrote:So hands up those who put a few quid on Wales to win the WC when they were 80-1 to win? I'm pretty sure that was the odds for Wales at teh start of the WC.

Good luck valley boys, you'll have the Irish rooting for you all the way now!

lj,

I got a tenner on them at 40/1
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7