The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will "home" advantage make any difference to Ireland

+30
Feagh McHugh
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
TycroesOsprey
The Rakish Brigand
Bazzer79
mankiaow
Ozzy3213
Rava
Ferris+O'Brien+Heaslip
TheGreyGhost
majesticimperialman
PJHolybloke
Sin é
Gibson
Gatts
Knowsit17
Irish Curry
Thomond
Feckless Rogue
doctornickolas
Boyne
HERSH
Submachine
marty2086
Cymroglan
Jenifer McLadyboy
red_stag
andy powells minder
ME-109
BlueMuff
34 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Will "home" advantage make any difference to Ireland - Page 3 Empty Will "home" advantage make any difference to Ireland

Post by BlueMuff Fri 07 Oct 2011, 3:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Everybody getting nervous now and all aspects of the match are getting scrutinised. However one thing that hasnt really been mentioned is the 30,000+ strong Irish support that will be in the stadium tomorrow.

Home advantage in Rugby is huge ( just look at HC home win stats) and while both teams are far from home many of the Irish players have commented on the massive support they have been receiving. Most commenting that its like playing in Lansdowne only better.

Wales will have big support but will probably be outnumber by 2 to 1.

So question is will the huge Irish support play any part in the match similar to that in Munster and Leinsters HC victories (particlarly the 06 final in Cardiff when the crowd carried the team over the line)?

Last edited by BlueMuff on Fri 07 Oct 2011, 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Will "home" advantage make any difference to Ireland - Page 3 Empty Re: Will "home" advantage make any difference to Ireland

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 3:06 pm

Disappointing comments from some Welsh fans on the board today.

Back to top Go down

Will "home" advantage make any difference to Ireland - Page 3 Empty Re: Will "home" advantage make any difference to Ireland

Post by LordDowlais Sat 08 Oct 2011, 3:09 pm

To be fair Thommond, there was quite a few Irish posters on here stating that Ireland were superior in almost all areas. I am not going to name them,they know who they are, but I was on the wrong end of being ripped to shreds by them for even suggesting that Wales would win, so I just said that Wales might as well pack their bags there and then, so I can understand view venting his frustration. I have to say though most of you on here have been nothing short of stand up gentlemen and ladies in the wake of today's game and for that I take my hat off to you all. clap Ale

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Sat 08 Oct 2011, 3:11 pm

And then right on cue, safe as milk comes on here to stick the boot into the Welsh. Why do you harbour so much hatred towards us ? thumbsup

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 08 Oct 2011, 3:16 pm

Saw this on another site .

"They'll be drinking in the streets in Wales this morning. Just like any other morning."
Laugh

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Sat 08 Oct 2011, 3:18 pm

Nah, they wont, it's not Giro day until Thursday.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 3:20 pm

LordDowlais wrote:And then right on cue, safe as milk comes on here to stick the boot into the Welsh. Why do you harbour so much hatred towards us ? thumbsup
Eh? Headscratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 3:53 pm

he's already apologised for it Thomond in a later post OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 3:55 pm

Thomond wrote:Saw this on another site .

"They'll be drinking in the streets in Wales this morning. Just like any other morning."
Laugh

Laugh I love that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3