The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will "home" advantage make any difference to Ireland

+30
Feagh McHugh
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
TycroesOsprey
The Rakish Brigand
Bazzer79
mankiaow
Ozzy3213
Rava
Ferris+O'Brien+Heaslip
TheGreyGhost
majesticimperialman
PJHolybloke
Sin é
Gibson
Gatts
Knowsit17
Irish Curry
Thomond
Feckless Rogue
doctornickolas
Boyne
HERSH
Submachine
marty2086
Cymroglan
Jenifer McLadyboy
red_stag
andy powells minder
ME-109
BlueMuff
34 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Will "home" advantage make any difference to Ireland - Page 2 Empty Will "home" advantage make any difference to Ireland

Post by BlueMuff Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Everybody getting nervous now and all aspects of the match are getting scrutinised. However one thing that hasnt really been mentioned is the 30,000+ strong Irish support that will be in the stadium tomorrow.

Home advantage in Rugby is huge ( just look at HC home win stats) and while both teams are far from home many of the Irish players have commented on the massive support they have been receiving. Most commenting that its like playing in Lansdowne only better.

Wales will have big support but will probably be outnumber by 2 to 1.

So question is will the huge Irish support play any part in the match similar to that in Munster and Leinsters HC victories (particlarly the 06 final in Cardiff when the crowd carried the team over the line)?

Last edited by BlueMuff on Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Will "home" advantage make any difference to Ireland - Page 2 Empty Re: Will "home" advantage make any difference to Ireland

Post by Ferris+O'Brien+Heaslip Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:34 pm

Will "home" advantage make any difference to Ireland - Page 2 Trio_i_969795t

There coming to get you cheats

Ferris+O'Brien+Heaslip

Back to top Go down

Will "home" advantage make any difference to Ireland - Page 2 Empty Re: Will "home" advantage make any difference to Ireland

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:38 pm

I do hope Heaslip doesn't take the law into his own hands and start kneeing Warburton in the head if he thinks he is offside.

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:38 pm

Ah gibson you have been censored - what a reply I still havnt stopped laughing

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:38 pm

Ferris+O'Brien+Heaslip

Let's hope we have a great game tomorrow. OK

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:42 pm

Decco,
Had to delete my last post. Too much truth involved.

Chill man.

Im a phhoking Northsoider! And I dont like Oles!
Or the feicin Fields.

Molly Malone. That's the ticket. kiss guinness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXKLkLcdtjI&feature=player_detailpage

Believe.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:46 pm

Ferris+O'Brien+Heaslip wrote:Will "home" advantage make any difference to Ireland - Page 2 Trio_i_969795t

Lovin that picture. Want to see that combined smile after 80 mins. Oh yes.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:48 pm

Its not a question of whether you are a northsider (albeit from clontarf) regarding the ole crowd. The fact is whether they are northsiders, culchies, mucksavages, shams from limerick or norries from cork most of them are there not out of choice and will be the vast majority of the crowd in the morning. Even worse you try to justify your criticism by quoting what the aussies call them.. I wont even say how bad that is except that iq and Aussies tend to miss each other.

The majority of them are having a bit of craic, have taken the effort and time and money to get to nz, and tge vast majority arent going to be coming home anytime soon, not out of their own choice either. Its very easy to comment on this from an armchair..very surprised and very disappointed .

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:07 am

Ok so i am pis.ed. So ignore the sanctimonious cr.p. In summary i dont care who they are or what they sing if they are wearing green and are cheering ireland on tomorrow then they what harm

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:34 am

music Happy talk, 'keep talkin, happy talk...
Talkin bout things we like toooo doooo.
You got to have a Dream...
If you don't have a dream...
How you gonna have a dream come true? music

Believe.

And take it to 720HD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FBWjNlBko70

Last edited by Gibson on Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:48 am

Gibson wrote:Ik hou van jou, Deaglain O Duinn. Lekker jonge. guinness

I love to see the smiles on anyones faces. Specially when they are Irish giving their all for the cause. Makes me so proud to see what I'm seeing on TV now. Dale Farm in NZ. On acid.

Deep Joy.

Will that do?

I love my country with a vengeance. They do too. I'm proud of em. Just a bit jealous. Like you. zen

Believe.

YOU'RE pished? Im drinking for Munster. And ROG.

Very stoned too. Have bad and very guilty thoughts, about the Welsh cryin on their knees tomorrow. Is that bad? It feels good tho... And I wwhaank Father. A lot. Watching Leinster dominate Europe. And Ireland. And the World. zen

Believe.

Steady on man Wink
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:08 am

Story Rav? Ale

Tell me this, Is this the Pub or are we outside? Or wot? zen Cool
Believe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYYbK2sDaJ4&feature=player_detailpage

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:24 am

Gibson wrote:Story Rav? Ale

Tell me this, Is this the Pub or are we outside? Or wot? zen Cool
Believe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYYbK2sDaJ4&feature=player_detailpage

Lets put a few flags up and make it an Oirish pub roysh!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIxe5ooQtqI&feature=related

Love de Bull's face!!

guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness guinness

That's all we are selling in here.

Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:30 am

I'll have an AG guinness if you're buying Rav Wink
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:33 am

Ah welcome to a little corner of Ireland Pete. Pull up a chair and have a guinness and lets listen to a bit of music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:40 am

Stick another coin in the aul jukebox Paddy: -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuafmLvoJow&feature=related
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:43 am

Gibson wrote:
Ferris+O'Brien+Heaslip wrote:Will "home" advantage make any difference to Ireland - Page 2 Trio_i_969795t

Lovin that picture. Want to see that combined smile after 80 mins. Oh yes.

This is the only picture we are putting up in this bar............

Except the one of yer man Wallace with the bandaged heid!! Paddy I mean not Willie

Braveheart
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:44 am

I still remember howling this down the phone at Gibbo after the Paddys Day Party game between London Irish and Exeter Chiefs this year...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdxLxnhGnvo

God alone knows how much Guinness was drunk that day, was some craic.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:53 am

Pete, Asbo, Penfro and a few of us rang him from Swannys do and sang The Fields of Athenry. It wasn't pretty but the message got through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz_dHcduUTU&feature=related
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by mankiaow Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:26 am

HERSH wrote:Those of you who know me from the old 606 will understand that I’m not the biggest fan of Welsh rugby, but after reading post after post of rubbish written by some of the Irish fans on here please go out there tomorrow and wipe the smile of those Irish faces, I want to see those arrogant Irish players + fans realise what they have just missed out on.

C'mon WALES. Wales

An Eng v Wal semi would be fantastic for NH rugby.

I suppose we will just have to live with the consquences of your decision.

mankiaow

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazzer79 Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:55 am

I happen to be lucky enough to be in Auckland this weekend for the matches and have been touring around both North & South island for the last few weeks watching games wherever possible. What I will say is that Ireland have a lot of support here, but this is purely down to beating Oz.

When i was at Eden Park last weekend, I was amazed at how many Scots? there were. Whilst these adopted fans can be heard at the start of the game and when 'their' team is winning, they tend to fall very silent when 'their' team plays badly or is losing, which in my opinion s when the team needs them most.

If Wales take an early lead, the numerical fan advantage for Ireland I think will disappear. I'm interested to see who the locals will be cheering for tonight at Eng vs Fra. The England team have done everything to make themselves unliked here as possible, but I'm not sure the Kiwi's want France progressing further either.

The general consensus here by the pundits for the Semis is Eng vs Ire & NZ vs SA. However they all highlight the fact that Wales & Australia are more than capable of winning their matches if the opposition let them play. Everybody knows that tight rugby wins RWC knockout matches, not beach rugby.

Good luck to all teams today. I'm English but also a plastic Paddy, so would love to see a repeat of the 6 Nations finale in a weeks time!

Bazzer79

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:21 am

Just for good karma lads. Could whoever posted that great pic, please change the caption under it? It's not cool. Not cool at all. IMO.
And its they're. Not there.

Believe.

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rakish Brigand Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:58 am

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh ......................... Laugh

The Rakish Brigand

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:04 am

Oh dear! oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Did Heaslip play today?
I know Ferris did because i remember Mike Philips throwing him around,
Im sure i saw O'Brien but i can't remember him having any notable impact.

Suck on that Ireland

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:04 am

The Rakish Brigand wrote:

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh ......................... Laugh

drumroll

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:07 am

The Rakish Brigand wrote:

I think that sums up exactly how I feel after some of the stuff written in the last couple of days, laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:09 am

They have the advantage of getting home first at least

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Feagh McHugh Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:11 am

Well done Wales, we got owned by you guys today.

Hope you go all the way.

Enjoy the win and dont get bogged down by what one or two twits posted the last few days. Most of us knew it was a 50/50 and on the day you were just superior in every aspect of the game.

Feagh McHugh

Back to top Go down

Post by doctornickolas Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:21 am

I have avoided posting much all week because all I could hear was

Ireland's defence is better
Ireland's back row is better
Wales are cheats
Only 1 or 2 Welsh players would get in the Ireland team
Ireland's front row will smash Wales

Irish fans, media and players were so sure of themselves.

All of these proved unfounded in the end.

Wales made many many mistakes in this game and at one point I thought we were trying to lose.

Our lineout was not great which is, I concede an area where Ireland are certainly better, and we turned over a lot of ball. We also gave away a lot of silly penalties.

Not sure why Ireland did not kick for goal with those early penalties. I think it was arrogance, as they expected to be able to score a try. But at this level you have to take every point that comes your way.

If Priestland had his kicking boots on it would have been 30+

But we have to be happy with the win now onwards. Would love to beat England in the semi's.

If Wales had lost this I would have supported Ireland all the way and I hope the Irish will do the same.

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:53 am

doctornickolas wrote:
I have avoided posting much all week because all I could hear was

Ireland's defence is better
Ireland's back row is better
Wales are cheats
Only 1 or 2 Welsh players would get in the Ireland team
Ireland's front row will smash Wales

Yeah I think you are cherry picking here. I think you'll find the majority of Irish posters felt it would be a 50:50 game.

Wales were the better side by a distance and deserve to be in the SF. I'll be supporting them all the way now guinness .
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:27 am

Wales were deserving winners,most of the stuff on here wasn't offensive let's keep it like that boys. Be gracious winners and losers the lot of ye!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin_dave Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:36 am

England eh. The flaky french have been sensational so far. Few smug irish posts but most agreed it would be a really tight game. I personally thought we would win by less than 5 but wales did a real job on us and deservedly won. Gutted but we have to move on now. Beaten all over the park and outthought.. Stopped our back row charging forward and all of a sudden we looked directionless with no plan b. Just dont have the fast massive backs that wales have.

Gutted completely but good luck to wales.

dublin_dave

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin_dave Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:47 am

England eh. The flaky french have been sensational so far. Few smug irish posts but most agreed it would be a really tight game. I personally thought we would win by less than 5 but wales did a real job on us and deservedly won. Gutted but we have to move on now. Beaten all over the park and outthought.. Stopped our back row charging forward and all of a sudden we looked directionless with no plan b. Just dont have the fast massive backs that wales have.

Gutted completely but good luck to wales.

dublin_dave

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:02 am

Somebody on here posted that SOB was the best backrower in the WORLD !!! Are they now going to change their mind to Warburton after today's game ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:04 am

I thought Ireland played really well today, our defence was under the cosh for huge periods of that match, it's just credit to our defence that we only let in one try.

Just after HT, it was still anyones. I have a huge amount of respect for the Irish and most of their supporters on here have been superb. Like many others I'm just disappointed we had to play each other so soon.

Hug for the Irish. I know you must be hurting right now, but you've still got huge positives to take from this rwc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:24 am

LordDowlais wrote:Somebody on here posted that SOB was the best backrower in the WORLD !!! Are they now going to change their mind to Warburton after today's game ?

I'm not putting the boot in here, but I was a little surprised by the hype (and I don't necessarily mean on here). The highlights didn't do him any favours beforehand either, because all it seemed was that people let him get up a head of steam when he was carrying.

He was probably always going to come off second best against an out and out 7 and in my opinion is possibly a little fortuitous that Pocock missed the group game. A very good player, but not a 7.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:38 am

Good bye BOD,POC,DOC and ROG i will be glad to see the back of your over hyped careers.

All this but Munster and Leinster do well in Europe has proved as i said yesterday is unfounded because clearly Isa Nacewa and co wasn't there to save Irish blushes.

Good bye Ireland.

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:52 am

Superb Welsh performance - absolutely brilliant have nothing but admiration for Wales after that display. Have a real chance to go all the way and I hope yee do.

PS no need for the cheap digs at some great servants of Irish rugby.

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:55 am

viewtothegym wrote:Good bye BOD,POC,DOC and ROG i will be glad to see the back of your over hyped careers.

All this but Munster and Leinster do well in Europe has proved as i said yesterday is unfounded because clearly Isa Nacewa and co wasn't there to save Irish blushes.

Good bye Ireland.

You can't be a Welshman to be such a disgraceful winner. Have some self respect even if you can't respect Ireland

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:59 am

Gatts wrote:
viewtothegym wrote:Good bye BOD,POC,DOC and ROG i will be glad to see the back of your over hyped careers.

Good bye Ireland.

You can't be a Welshman to be such a disgraceful winner. Have some self respect even if you can't respect Ireland

Will "home" advantage make any difference to Ireland - Page 2 1710857839 Cheers Gatts -bad enough losing but to come on and see comments like that. Have a few Will "home" advantage make any difference to Ireland - Page 2 1145808659 on me. Really exciting times for Welsh rugby absolutely awesome today. Will be some semi final with the two best teams in the NH going head to head but I really fancy Wales to go all the way now.

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:08 pm

I really don't like the Irish RFU so i can stick the boot in all i want.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:37 pm

Good bye Ireland.

Now is that really what we have been missing? The vomit spewed in that post is crass. Thank Flip I have made friends with genuine Rugby loving Welsh fans like Dreamer, Cari, Glas, etc. so I can see that you sir are in a minority. In spite of you I will be cheering as loudly for Wales as I have for Ireland up to now.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:51 pm

Good on you Rava, pay no attention to the bitter joke of a Wales fan. Anybody with mud to sling after that win has no clue.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:52 pm

Rava wrote:

Good bye Ireland.

Now is that really what we have been missing? The vomit spewed in that post is crass. Thank Flip I have made friends with genuine Rugby loving Welsh fans like Dreamer, Cari, Glas, etc. so I can see that you sir are in a minority. In spite of you I will be cheering as loudly for Wales as I have for Ireland up to now.

Viewtothegym, absolutely no need to be a bell-end. Be gracious in victory, or else you give us all a bad name. No one remembers the nice posters, only the idiots, so do us all a favour and order yourself a shandy and congratulate the Irish on a fiercely contested game. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:57 pm

viewtothegym ---Shut it please.. We want people on our side nonsense like that does not help our cause.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rakish Brigand Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:48 pm

I think view is a little over-emotional after being lambasted by quite a few Irish posters yesterday. Clearly he was right with regards to the respective front rows. I'm sure he'll calm down and then get all worked up again by next Saturday.

The Rakish Brigand

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:57 pm

I have calmed down now guys and sorry for the cockyness but i was ripped to shreds yesterday by the Irish for even suggesting a Welsh win, also i brought out the areas we would win the game and i was right so i just had to vent it.

Im over it now, on to France i can't wait Wales

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:02 pm

Well done view OK

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:04 pm

Cheers mate

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:17 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Somebody on here posted that SOB was the best backrower in the WORLD !!! Are they now going to change their mind to Warburton after today's game ?

I don't see why anyone would,Warburton played well in defence and slowed down a lot of ball but was far from the standout Welsh player,it was pretty even between the backrows to my eyes.Roberts was the difference,when you got quick ball Roberts just burst through us whether there was space or not.When we got quick ball it went to RoG,D'Arcy or O'Driscoll and they swallowed up all day.Wales pace and power in the backs meant they had a cutting edge and even though we dominated possession and territory for the 1st 50 minutes we only had a penalty and a pretty flukey try to show for it.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:00 pm

viewtothegym wrote:I really don't like the Irish RFU so i can stick the boot in all i want.

No need to be such a langer. I didn't see any lambasting, most fans saw it as a 50/50 game. Except that fella Ferris-O'Brien-Heaslip but he is a WUM.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next