The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nathan Cleverly - Tony Bellew - BoxNation Ch. 456 - 15th Oct. 8PM - Build Up and Prediction Thread

+34
hogey
OasisBFC
6oldenbhoy
gab
tobbox
ThrowingLeather
Knowsit17
Nico the gman
Super D Boon
ian_jamsie
JDandfries
Benelio
Rowley
Scottrf
Soldier_Of_Fortune
cave_man_KO
Union Cane
Jimmythebullet
BoxingFan88
Mind the windows Tino.
coxy0001
BALTIMORA
bhb001
Michaels, Sean
School Project
captain carrantuohil
TRUSSMAN66
Fists of Fury
ShahenshahG
Jimmy Moz
Sugar Boy Sweetie
TopHat24/7
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
AlexHuckerby
38 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Nathan Cleverly - Tony Bellew - BoxNation Ch. 456 - 15th Oct. 8PM - Build Up and Prediction Thread Empty Nathan Cleverly - Tony Bellew - BoxNation Ch. 456 - 15th Oct. 8PM - Build Up and Prediction Thread

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:11 am

Genuinely excited for this one, maybe not 100% deserving of a World Title being on the line, but we can't deny that this is a good dust up; though Cleverly has the ability to outbox him for 12 there's that macho side to him that he loves to show and if that happens it gives Bellew a solid chance to get into the fight and make it a real toe to toe affair. Couple this with the bad blood, the war of the words if you like, the "headbutt", the police being called to press conferences, the handbags that have been dished out it really does give the fight a real edge.

Clev isn't really a banger though he seems to have gained respectable power whereas Bellew can hit, but at how high a level?

Perhaps we are tired of fights being made on bad blood, but if the bad blood is genuine (Like this is) then it's an easy sell.
How do you think it's going to go? Also any news on the fight post it here.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Nathan Cleverly - Tony Bellew - BoxNation Ch. 456 - 15th Oct. 8PM - Build Up and Prediction Thread Empty Re: Nathan Cleverly - Tony Bellew - BoxNation Ch. 456 - 15th Oct. 8PM - Build Up and Prediction Thread

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:36 pm

Bellew wins this for me. Like you have pointed out Cleverly has that macho mentality and loves to scrap and that is Bellews fight. Also I'm not agreeing with you on the fact Cleverly could outbox Bellew for 12 rounds. Bellew was a good amateur. The guy can box you don't box at the amateur level he has boxed at if you can't.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Nathan Cleverly - Tony Bellew - BoxNation Ch. 456 - 15th Oct. 8PM - Build Up and Prediction Thread Empty Re: Nathan Cleverly - Tony Bellew - BoxNation Ch. 456 - 15th Oct. 8PM - Build Up and Prediction Thread

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:39 pm

To be honest I'm going on what I've seen in the professional game and personally I can't see this amazing amateur pedigree... I don't see the silky skills at all, I see an upright guy with a half decent jab who swings rather wildly...
Perhaps he will really show the skills next week who knows? But based on what I've seen I wouldn't fear for Clev being outboxed, but outbanged I could see...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:23 pm

Clev has better wiskers too so whilst he does like a tear up a bit too much sometimes he's got the chin for it (not Froch-esque but good enough). Bellew on the other hand doesn't, got bowled over twice by an average fighter in McKenzie and I'm not convinced of his ko power either, he's knocked over a few tomato cans n got a fortunate stoppage over the only half decent guy he fought.

All in all I can see Clev either getting him out if there in less than four or taking a wide UD (with an odd rocky moment along the way).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:23 pm

To be honest the fact that this is a world title fight says something about the ridiculousness of boxing. Cleverly is a paper champ yet to fight at world level, and Bellew is questionably even European level. 

I've yet to see anything from Bellew that highlights his amazing amateur pedigree, he just seems to lumber and slug his way through fights. Looked mediocre against Mackenzie last time out and awful in their first match (a harsh stoppage against Mackenzie given the chances bellew got earlier in the bout). Clev is a talent, but he's still very green to say he's a world champ - easy to hit, brawls when he should box, throws his punches wide. I feel that DeGale, Groves and Brook are better talents than him. 

I'd love to see Clev progress and prove his credentials at world level, and I hope he takes care of bellew in quick time. But bellew could be a dangerous opponent for cleverly given a) cleverlys propensity to get dragged in wars, b) cleverlys propensity to stick his chin out and c) bellew carrying a dig and knowing this is his biggest chance at glory. It'll be a really good tear up I reckon, with cleverly taking a comfy UD with one or two hairy moments on the way. But no way should there be a world title on the line here! 
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:56 pm

I can't believe some people are actually picking Bellew to win this one. Cleverly by late TKO easy nights work

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:52 pm

Cleverly TKO 10.

Bellew looks carp in comparison to Cleverey - misses too much and doesn't defend well. Reasonable jab - rudimentary footwork, leans backs and were it not for the poor quality of his opponents would get decked with every decent right hand thrown. Impatient and throws poorly timed counters - Reaches too much when trying to hit - stays too far out to put decent power behind his shots and whines after every foul.

Cleverly is inexperienced and too willing to get into a scrap, also seems to do good ground work in reasonable positions then ruins it by throwing wider power shots when a simple one-two would do. Loose hooks and Jabs without conviction. He backs off poorly and seems to waste the opportunities he gets. Still he is a bit much for Bellew - and barring a lucky shot should wind him down to a comfortable few round before finishing him off.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:01 pm

Clev TKO7.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:47 pm

Bellew has no chin and average fighters have a habit of finding it!!!!

Clev is above average.....

Clev ko 6..or sooner.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:21 pm

I don't know...I think this one goes the distance. Bellew may have learned from his last fight that trying to blast everyone out like a maniac isn't necessarily to his best advantage. Think we may see something of a Groves-DeGale scenario, where one fighter surprises the other with a more cautious, counter-punching strategy.

The difference is that Cleverly is a far more intelligent fighter than DeGale, and I expect him to adapt his own style when he sees what's in front of him. I expect a reasonably even first half of the fight, but for Cleverly to dominate the latter stages, winning by clear decision.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:38 pm

The captain has spoken, time to get our money on the Clev decision fellas Wink

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:56 pm

Dunno about that, it hinges on Bellews intelligence and adaptability - havent seen anything that indicates either from him. I do think though that Bellew is aggravating Cleverly into fighting his fight. Still cant see him hitting clean enough to worry him or to win too many rounds.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:10 am

I was watching an interview with Bellew on BoxNation the other night and Bellew was saying Clev isn't a worthy world champion, I was sitting there thinking oh my goodness... If he isn't WHAT ARE YOU?!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:00 am

Is this going to be PPV on Boxnation or free?

I can't find anyone who knoooooooows Sad

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:04 am

I found the answer:

http://www.nathancleverly.co.uk/2011/09/boxnation-will-broadcast-cleverly%e2%80%99s-for-free/

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:21 am

Anyone else think that Cleverley is a nob? Hope Bellew does him but if not he's set up for the new Enzo.....
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:21 am

Easy fight for Cleverley, with another one after it. Warren won't take any chances

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:37 am

Michaels, Sean wrote:Anyone else think that Cleverley is a nob? Hope Bellew does him but if not he's set up for the new Enzo.....
I think he has been a bit knobbish on occasion, but he seems like the lesser of two knobbish evils in comparison to Bellew.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:46 am

BALTIMORA wrote:
Michaels, Sean wrote:Anyone else think that Cleverley is a nob? Hope Bellew does him but if not he's set up for the new Enzo.....
I think he has been a bit knobbish on occasion, but he seems like the lesser of two knobbish evils in comparison to Bellew.

To be honest i can't decide who i want to win, a scouser vs a welshie.....

Is like asking who you'd rather want for a night out of a trannie and a dead girl

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:50 am

coxy0001 wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:

Is like asking who you'd rather want for a night out of a trannie and a dead girl
Tough call. The dead girl wouldn't tell anyone, but the tranny has a pulse and you could always just flip it over and pretend it was a she...have I thought about that too much?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:53 am

BALTIMORA wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:

Tough call. The dead girl wouldn't tell anyone, but the tranny has a pulse and you could always just flip it over and pretend it was a she...have I thought about that too much?

Yes. I wasn't asking for an answer, it was more a statement of neither being preferable!

Part of me wants Bellew to win as i tend to go for the underdog in fights where i have no affinity for either. Problem is i think one's gobby and will do a Haye when he gets there and the other's vastly overrated and gets taken apart by Cloud if he meets him before the supposed level above... side note but i'm pretty keen on Tavoris and think he could be something relatively big.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:55 am

So...is Cleverly the dead girl or the tranny? I think I'd rather Cleverly won because if Bellew were to be one a 'world' champion then there's something really quite wrong.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:02 am

BALTIMORA wrote:So...is Cleverly the dead girl or the tranny? I think I'd rather Cleverly won because if Bellew were to be one a 'world' champion then there's something really quite wrong.

The focus was on not knowing what to choose rather than the choices at hand being comparable to either.

I'm envisaging you with a box of kleenex after all the in-depth thinking you're doing on the subject..........

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:02 am

And can i just add it's you with the kleenex box in hand closing the bathroom door before anyone says i've had a vision of something else!

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:05 am

coxy0001 wrote:

Coming from Chester, I am right in the middle Coxy. You think it's a tough decision for you? Both the Welsh and scousers used to invade my city and get up to no good. The Welsh ladies were better looking although scouse girls used to do a good line in knock-off trainers. I don't live there anymore, and I think deep down, it is due to the mental baggage I carry round from running away from scousers.

Anyway, I don't really care who wins, but I just have a feeling that Cleverly will get him out of there early. Bellew has shown nothing in his pro career other than a weakness around the whiskers. On the evidence so far, Cleverly doesn't have to be a huge puncher to hurt him and I fancy him to take a couple of chances early on and not let Bellew off the hook.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:07 am

coxy0001 wrote:And can i just add it's you with the kleenex box in hand closing the bathroom door before anyone says i've had a vision of something else!
Need a shovel..? It is a tough choice though, you're right. If Cleverly were a bit less smug I'd warm to him easier. He seems a bit too pleased with himself considering he's beaten no-one worth remembering. That, and if Bellew is a tool then Vince Cleverly is Wickes.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:08 am

Cleverlys handspeed will be the difference here, Remember bellew got dropped by ajisaf.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:04 pm

Only three people so far have gone for Bellows in the Union Crane League (one being Union himself), so the balance of opinion suggests most people are expecting Cleverley to take. Mind you, as I'm going for Dawson against Hopkins, I'd suggest my opinion can be discounted!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmythebullet Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:34 pm

Can someone please tell me if I will be able to watch boxnation online as I don't have sky..

When I went on the website a few weeks ago I remember seeing an option to stream. I can't see this anymore..

Jimmythebullet

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:02 pm

I've gone for an early Bellew KO. If Bellew can tag him early, no doubt the bravado / machismo that I have criticised in the past will be on show, Clev hangs his chin out and gets pancaked.

Bellew KO4
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:06 pm

Union Cane wrote:I've gone for an early Bellew KO. If Bellew can tag him early, no doubt the bravado / machismo that I have criticised in the past will be on show, Clev hangs his chin out and gets pancaked.

Bellew KO4

What happens if Cleverly tags Bellew early? Haven't seen much evidence that Bellew can punch above domestic level as he has only fought a bunch of no-hopers so far. The only thing we can be certain of is that he is vulnerable himself. If Bob Ajisafe can put him on his bum, I would be pretty confident that Cleverly can.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:10 pm

You have a point Tino, it comes down to who comes out of the blocks the quickest. All the ingredients are there for it to be a great tear up though, which probably means it will be a dull Cleverly UD.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:17 pm

I hope not Union, as we could do with a decent domestic tear up. After all the trash talk and handbags at the press conference, a dull, safety first fight would be such a disappointment following Mr Haye's performance in Windy's garden.

I hope the antipathy, crowd and sometimes agricultural nature of their respective styles blend into a cracker. I have gone for Cleverly early, but apart from your super duper prediction league, I couldn't give a monkeys who wins, just want an explosive fight.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by cave_man_KO Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:26 pm

I hope that in clev's camp, the people he listens to, are talking sense to him and that this time out he listens to them. If he is focused on the job in hand, defending his world title, and not beating bellew up, he could have an early stoppage. Anything less than this and this fight is pointless from clev's perspective with regards to advancing to the dawson's, hopkins, pascals etc.

Is bellew with warren? I seem to recall he is, if so this smells a bit top-rank-in-house-pay-day-esque to me.

cave_man_KO

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:29 pm

Bellew wins via stoppage for me. This is probably the first time Clev is fighting someone who is bigger then him. I can see him getting tagged and then to start acting macho and get caught again.

I don’t think he has got a bad chin. The dig McKenzie hit him with would have sparked out a majority of light heavy’s, and he got up more frustrated he got put down rather then being all over the place, as I would have expected after an heavy knockdown like that. McKenzie suggested he was on something he got up so easily.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:06 pm

I can't believe people think Bellew has any chance, nothing indicates he is even a hard puncher. He has been down 3 times in the last 3 fights and badly hurt. The only one who looks like getting knocked out is bellew. Is it hope rather than expectation perhaps?

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:14 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:I can't believe people think Bellew has any chance, nothing indicates he is even a hard puncher. He has been down 3 times in the last 3 fights and badly hurt. The only one who looks like getting knocked out is bellew. Is it hope rather than expectation perhaps?

I say what I see mate, and every time I've seen Clev take a punch I have seen him do that silly grin, hold his arms low and stick his chin out. It's only a matter of time before someone sparks him, and it could be Bellew.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:19 pm

Union Cane wrote:
BoxingFan88 wrote:I can't believe people think Bellew has any chance, nothing indicates he is even a hard puncher. He has been down 3 times in the last 3 fights and badly hurt. The only one who looks like getting knocked out is bellew. Is it hope rather than expectation perhaps?

I say what I see mate, and every time I've seen Clev take a punch I have seen him do that silly grin, hold his arms low and stick his chin out. It's only a matter of time before someone sparks him, and it could be Bellew.

Morning Roy.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:20 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:I was watching an interview with Bellew on BoxNation the other night and Bellew was saying Clev isn't a worthy world champion, I was sitting there thinking oh my goodness... If he isn't WHAT ARE YOU?!
To be fair he admits he's at domestic level and not ready for the likes of Hopkins.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:21 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

Morning Roy.

It's good, but it's not rhoit.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:23 pm

When have you seen Bellew badly hurt or in danger of being stopped?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:26 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:

When have you seen Bellew badly hurt or in danger of being stopped?
British refs don't need a clean KO to stop a fight. He's been down a few times, and Cleverly can be Calzaghe like in putting multiple punches together.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:29 pm

Ovil Mckenzie????

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:35 pm

When he bounced straight back up after both knockdowns? And screamed in anger cos he was tagged again rather the doing an Enzo chickedn dance?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:42 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:When he bounced straight back up after both knockdowns? And screamed in anger cos he was tagged again rather the doing an Enzo chickedn dance?

His were much heavier knockdowns than the one the fight was stopped for which was very fortunate 'Warren friendly' referring. Clev has fought much higher calibre fighters and not even taken a knee. His ko ratio isn't that high but Bellew has only knocked over tomato cans so I think the supposed power differential is being massively over-stated, as as Bellews boxing skills which, so far in the pro ranks, have done nothing to demonstrate his amateur pedigree. Bellew's got a punchers chance, nothing more.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:51 pm

Its interesting that the only chance people give Bellew is a punchers chance and that is only if Cleverly hangs his chin out to dry. If Clev is smart he will destroy him easily.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:54 pm

Am not overly convinced by either guy yet and have to say the fact that this is a "world" title is something of a farce but personally think of the two Clev is the more rounded of the two at the minute and as such would expect him to win either late or on points.

The only potential banana skin is Cleverly can be tempted on occasions to go all a bit Gatti when he gets clipped, whilst I suspect Bellew's power has been overstated he is not a guy you want to hang your chin out to so Clev does need to stay a bit more disciplined than has sometimes be the case, and whilst he may have to overcome some shaky patches I personally expect him to do so.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:01 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:Its interesting that the only chance people give Bellew is a punchers chance and that is only if Cleverly hangs his chin out to dry. If Clev is smart he will destroy him easily.

Bellew is an under rated boxing which people don't give him credit for. Bellew to stop smug fart sniffin Clev between 8-12

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Benelio Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:02 pm

Vince Cleverly is probably very happy that this fight is on BoxNation, as they're constantly showing the 'KickDummy' advert with him in it. Double pay-day for Vince! Very Happy

Benelio

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:03 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Bellew is an under rated boxing which people don't give him credit for. Bellew to stop smug fart sniffin Clev between 8-12

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next