The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nathan Cleverly - Tony Bellew - BoxNation Ch. 456 - 15th Oct. 8PM - Build Up and Prediction Thread

+34
hogey
OasisBFC
6oldenbhoy
gab
tobbox
ThrowingLeather
Knowsit17
Nico the gman
Super D Boon
ian_jamsie
JDandfries
Benelio
Rowley
Scottrf
Soldier_Of_Fortune
cave_man_KO
Union Cane
Jimmythebullet
BoxingFan88
Mind the windows Tino.
coxy0001
BALTIMORA
bhb001
Michaels, Sean
School Project
captain carrantuohil
TRUSSMAN66
Fists of Fury
ShahenshahG
Jimmy Moz
Sugar Boy Sweetie
TopHat24/7
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
AlexHuckerby
38 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Nathan Cleverly - Tony Bellew - BoxNation Ch. 456 - 15th Oct. 8PM - Build Up and Prediction Thread - Page 2 Empty Nathan Cleverly - Tony Bellew - BoxNation Ch. 456 - 15th Oct. 8PM - Build Up and Prediction Thread

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 08 Oct 2011, 1:11 am

First topic message reminder :

Genuinely excited for this one, maybe not 100% deserving of a World Title being on the line, but we can't deny that this is a good dust up; though Cleverly has the ability to outbox him for 12 there's that macho side to him that he loves to show and if that happens it gives Bellew a solid chance to get into the fight and make it a real toe to toe affair. Couple this with the bad blood, the war of the words if you like, the "headbutt", the police being called to press conferences, the handbags that have been dished out it really does give the fight a real edge.

Clev isn't really a banger though he seems to have gained respectable power whereas Bellew can hit, but at how high a level?

Perhaps we are tired of fights being made on bad blood, but if the bad blood is genuine (Like this is) then it's an easy sell.
How do you think it's going to go? Also any news on the fight post it here.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Nathan Cleverly - Tony Bellew - BoxNation Ch. 456 - 15th Oct. 8PM - Build Up and Prediction Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Nathan Cleverly - Tony Bellew - BoxNation Ch. 456 - 15th Oct. 8PM - Build Up and Prediction Thread

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 12 Oct 2011, 11:04 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:When he bounced straight back up after both knockdowns? And screamed in anger cos he was tagged again rather the doing an Enzo chickedn dance?

His were much heavier knockdowns than the one the fight was stopped for which was very fortunate 'Warren friendly' referring. Clev has fought much higher calibre fighters and not even taken a knee. His ko ratio isn't that high but Bellew has only knocked over tomato cans so I think the supposed power differential is being massively over-stated, as as Bellews boxing skills which, so far in the pro ranks, have done nothing to demonstrate his amateur pedigree. Bellew's got a punchers chance, nothing more.

The second one maybe. The left hook he put Ovil down with was quality though and on unsteady legs when he got up.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Nathan Cleverly - Tony Bellew - BoxNation Ch. 456 - 15th Oct. 8PM - Build Up and Prediction Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Nathan Cleverly - Tony Bellew - BoxNation Ch. 456 - 15th Oct. 8PM - Build Up and Prediction Thread

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 12 Oct 2011, 1:31 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:When he bounced straight back up after both knockdowns? And screamed in anger cos he was tagged again rather the doing an Enzo chickedn dance?

His were much heavier knockdowns than the one the fight was stopped for which was very fortunate 'Warren friendly' referring. Clev has fought much higher calibre fighters and not even taken a knee. His ko ratio isn't that high but Bellew has only knocked over tomato cans so I think the supposed power differential is being massively over-stated, as as Bellews boxing skills which, so far in the pro ranks, have done nothing to demonstrate his amateur pedigree. Bellew's got a punchers chance, nothing more.

The second one maybe. The left hook he put Ovil down with was quality though and on unsteady legs when he got up.

In fairness, the most impressive thing I've seen of Bellew thus far was getting up and recovering so quicly from that second knock-down. The slow-mo replay made it look like he was out before he hit the deck!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Wed 12 Oct 2011, 2:03 pm

I have watched both of these two a few times, and while I have been largely unimpressed with Cleverly, surely he has too much for this guy Bellew??

I fully expect Cleverly to have him out of there before half way, anything less and it will confirm my belief that Cleverly is European level at best!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 12 Oct 2011, 2:34 pm

Do we know when ring walks/fight start will be?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Wed 12 Oct 2011, 5:33 pm

Bellew is rubbish.

Cleverly will smash him to pieces.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 13 Oct 2011, 8:50 am

ian_jamsie wrote:Bellew is rubbish.

Interesting analysis chin

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 13 Oct 2011, 10:00 am

Cheers for that I'll flog my house on it now, the reasoning was what swayed me.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 13 Oct 2011, 11:23 am

Anyone think Bellew is weight drained at light heavy, from reading the wiki, he used to be knocking out heavyweights in the amateurs. His power up to date hasn't been impressive at all.

I'll eat my words after if I have to, but the only way I see Bellew with a chance is if Cleverly gives him a free shot. That being said, listening to Cleverly interviews it sounds like he is going to.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 13 Oct 2011, 11:24 am

A lot of people think Bellew is weight drained, can see it being the excuse if he gets knocked out.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 13 Oct 2011, 11:24 am

Or the fact that Cleverly is just better, but in truth I have suspisions about his weight, he does always seem to the heavier side of 175...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 13 Oct 2011, 11:42 am

Am goin the weigh in tomorrow as it is not far from my work. It will be interesting to see his condition. He has been working hard by all accounts

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 13 Oct 2011, 11:44 am

Yeah I hear a ot of rounds with the likes of froch and Degale and such have gone into it, so fair game.
Was hearing Degale say that Bellew hits VERY hard and he suspects the power will eb too much for the Clev...
then again James is a pr!ck...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 13 Oct 2011, 11:54 am

He looks in pretty good nick here. This was on the 11/10/2011 I think

Pic is on the small side

Spoiler:

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Thu 13 Oct 2011, 12:53 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:I can't believe people think Bellew has any chance, nothing indicates he is even a hard puncher. He has been down 3 times in the last 3 fights and badly hurt. The only one who looks like getting knocked out is bellew. Is it hope rather than expectation perhaps?

When have you seen Bellew badly hurt or in danger of being stopped?

He was very lucky not to be stopped in his last fight. I have seen fighters stopped in better states of repair.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Thu 13 Oct 2011, 12:55 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:He looks in pretty good nick here. This was on the 11/10/2011 I think

Pic is on the small side

Spoiler:

Is that Jamie Moore with him?
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Thu 13 Oct 2011, 1:03 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:

Cheers for that I'll flog my house on it now, the reasoning was what swayed me.

Ok.

He is far too easy to hit when he throws his bombs. A quicker more skilled fighter (Cleverly) will be able to catch him flush on the way in.

By round 7 or 8 Bellew will be in such a state the ref will stop it.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 13 Oct 2011, 1:05 pm

ian_jamsie wrote:
BoxingFan88 wrote:I can't believe people think Bellew has any chance, nothing indicates he is even a hard puncher. He has been down 3 times in the last 3 fights and badly hurt. The only one who looks like getting knocked out is bellew. Is it hope rather than expectation perhaps?

When have you seen Bellew badly hurt or in danger of being stopped?

He was very lucky not to be stopped in his last fight. I have seen fighters stopped in better states of repair.

Am glad your not a boxing ref. Getting up frustrated from a knock down constitutes a stoppage. He still had his wits about him

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 13 Oct 2011, 1:08 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote: He still had his wits about him

Both of them.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 13 Oct 2011, 1:18 pm

rowley wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote: He still had his wits about him

Both of them.

Tumbleweed

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 13 Oct 2011, 1:22 pm

Sorry Soldier, cheap shot, don't know why but Bellew really annoys me for some reason.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 13 Oct 2011, 1:29 pm

rowley wrote:Sorry Soldier, cheap shot, don't know why but Bellew really annoys me for some reason.

Because he's a repulsive scouse chav that sums up every horrible stereotype of an otherwise great city?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 13 Oct 2011, 1:31 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
rowley wrote:Sorry Soldier, cheap shot, don't know why but Bellew really annoys me for some reason.

Because he's a repulsive scouse chav that sums up every horrible stereotype of an otherwise great city?
Na he's a decent guy who can accept criticism and has time for the fans.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Thu 13 Oct 2011, 1:51 pm

Probably his accent.

Normally I would plump for anyone v's a scouser, but it is pushing it a bit backing a Welsh, so I really don't care who wins, as long as its a decent fight.

howeevr i suspect Bellew is total garbage and will get KO'd inside 6

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 13 Oct 2011, 1:52 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Bit harsh like.

Can't what he's done wrong really? Talked his way into a fight? Trying to sell the fight by playing the panto villan, getting people interested and talking about the fight.

He's only doing what boxers have been doing for years

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 13 Oct 2011, 1:56 pm

To be fair to Bellew, I have heard a couple on interviews from him and he comes across quite well. Backing Nathan all the way though, but I will be the first one to admit I was wrong if he loses.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 13 Oct 2011, 1:56 pm

JDandfries wrote:

Probably his accent.

Normally I would plump for anyone v's a scouser, but it is pushing it a bit backing a Welsh, so I really don't care who wins, as long as its a decent fight.

JD, you got some issues mate regarding Liverpool. Some deep lying traumatic childhood memory perhaps?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 13 Oct 2011, 1:58 pm

JDandfries wrote:

Probably his accent.

JD, you got some issues mate regarding Liverpool. Some deep lying traumatic childhood memory perhaps?

Maybe someone stole the wheels of his tricycle when he was a kid.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Thu 13 Oct 2011, 2:00 pm

JDandfries wrote:

Probably his accent.

Liverpool is quite a nice place, it's the people that put me off it!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 13 Oct 2011, 2:01 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
JDandfries wrote:

Probably his accent.

Maybe his family forced him to sit through Carla Lanes "hilarious" sit com Bread as a child, more than enough to give anyone a bit of a chip when it comes to Liverpool

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 13 Oct 2011, 2:07 pm

JDandfries wrote:
JDandfries wrote:

Probably his accent.

Come on JD, your 41 now. Surely what ever happened in the past you can move on from now.

Anywhere is a nice place compared to Middlesbrough though really.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 13 Oct 2011, 2:08 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
JDandfries wrote:

Probably his accent.

He was brought up in Glasgow apparently chin

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Thu 13 Oct 2011, 2:22 pm

Born in Glasgow, live in Middlesbrough, and in comparison, Liverpool is quite nice - just saying

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu 13 Oct 2011, 4:51 pm

Cleverly will anihilate Bellew. Apart from cans Bellew does not have a punch. He's only got a 61% KO ratio and has only floored dummies. Cleverly boxes better, has better chin, faster hands and probably has more power than Bellew despite not being a power puncher. Cleverly does everything better than Bellew. Only the deluded and antiWelsh have Bellew winning.

Clev to wear a skirt and do Countdown if he loses this one!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Thu 13 Oct 2011, 4:55 pm

Super D Boon wrote:Cleverly will anihilate Bellew. Apart from cans Bellew does not have a punch. He's only got a 61% KO ratio and has only floored dummies. Cleverly boxes better, has better chin, faster hands and probably has more power than Bellew despite not being a power puncher. Cleverly does everything better than Bellew. Only the deluded and antiWelsh have Bellew winning.

Clev to wear a skirt and do Countdown if he loses this one!

I agree, not a massive fan of Cleverly, but he is still much better than Bellew, who only really has a chance if it is turned into a scrap!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu 13 Oct 2011, 5:08 pm

Not a fan of Cleverly either. I'd like him to splatter this scouse moron and after that I won't care seeing him lose. He looks and dresses too much like an audiotoner for the X factor for my liking and his father is a talentless twerp living off the talents of his son.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Thu 13 Oct 2011, 5:17 pm

Personally I think some of you are being harsh on both fighters. Bellew is limited but he has a good amateur record, a lot of heart and so far is undefeated and now Commonwealth champion. Cleverly has done everything the right way in his progression. He is also undefeated and now WBO champion. He hasn’t really had a chance to defend it yet and hasn't long been a fulltime pro with all his studying and already people are on his back saying he is a ducker. I don’t get that just give the boy a chance. Personally I think Cleverly will win this maybe not as easy as he would like but pretty comprehensively. I still think Bellew will have a decent future as well even if he loses this fight. Don’t understand why both fighters are being rubbished so much on here. Anyway let’s hope it’s a cracking fight

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Thu 13 Oct 2011, 5:18 pm

JDandfries wrote:
JDandfries wrote:

Probably his accent.

Come on JD, your 41 now. Surely what ever happened in the past you can move on from now.

Bet you've never been there.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 13 Oct 2011, 8:52 pm

I don't get it, we always look for negatives in every fighter and every fight, it's a good fight, can't we just enjoy it without calling either of them rubbish...
If they're that rubbish you get in the ring and then call them rubbish.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Thu 13 Oct 2011, 9:23 pm

Cleverly just needs to keep his cool and he'll have Bellew out of there by round 10. Bellew's going to learn the difference between boxing and street-brawling boxing

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 13 Oct 2011, 9:34 pm

Nico the gman wrote:
JDandfries wrote:
JDandfries wrote:

Probably his accent.

Bet you've never been there.

And who are you exactly? And how do you know I haven't? Geg

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 13 Oct 2011, 10:30 pm

Jimmy Moz wrote:Personally I think some of you are being harsh on both fighters. Bellew is limited but he has a good amateur record, a lot of heart and so far is undefeated and now Commonwealth champion. Cleverly has done everything the right way in his progression. He is also undefeated and now WBO champion. He hasn’t really had a chance to defend it yet and hasn't long been a fulltime pro with all his studying and already people are on his back saying he is a ducker. I don’t get that just give the boy a chance. Personally I think Cleverly will win this maybe not as easy as he would like but pretty comprehensively. I still think Bellew will have a decent future as well even if he loses this fight. Don’t understand why both fighters are being rubbished so much on here. Anyway let’s hope it’s a cracking fight

So did Audley, and? Other than getting gifted a totally undeserved world title shot what's the link/relevance??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Thu 13 Oct 2011, 10:56 pm

Bellew is a better pro and will go further than Audley. I dont rate Bellew that highly but he will do more at LH than Audley did at HW. Maybe my point about Bellew's amateur record didn't have a great deal of relevance but I was mearly trying to stick up for both fighters rather than just rubbishing them like a lot of other people seem to do.

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 14 Oct 2011, 1:54 am

I don't understand the whole feeling to just stick the knife into boxers every two seconds, nearly every comment about these two is negative. Hardly anyone saying that this is actually still a good fight with bad blood in it to spice things up, instead we focus on the negatives...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 14 Oct 2011, 1:24 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:I don't understand the whole feeling to just stick the knife into boxers every two seconds, nearly every comment about these two is negative. Hardly anyone saying that this is actually still a good fight with bad blood in it to spice things up, instead we focus on the negatives...

I'll stick the knife into anyone I think is a tw@t, and I think Bellew is a tw@t.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 14 Oct 2011, 1:34 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:I don't understand the whole feeling to just stick the knife into boxers every two seconds, nearly every comment about these two is negative. Hardly anyone saying that this is actually still a good fight with bad blood in it to spice things up, instead we focus on the negatives...

I'll stick the knife into anyone I think is a tw@t, and I think Bellew is a tw@t.

Somebody's caught up in the pre fight hysteria!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri 14 Oct 2011, 1:43 pm

I think this fight is suffering a bit due to it being a world title fight. With Clev being champ by default and Bellew yet to prove he is even euro level this doesn't sit well with a lot of fans who are sick enough of the politics of the sport, proliferation belts yada yada. But as a domestic dust up I agree it's a good fight. I dont rate Bellew at all, and while cleverly is still very green he should have enough ability and handspeed to do a number on him. With clev having a propensity to get dragged into a brawl too easily you'd say bellew has a punchers chance - especially with the needle that has precded this fight. I for one am looking forward to it.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 14 Oct 2011, 1:49 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Somebody's caught up in the pre fight hysteria!

Not really, I've thought it since the first VT for the McKenzie fight and nothing he's said or done since has changed my mind.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ThrowingLeather Fri 14 Oct 2011, 1:52 pm

Does anyone know if this is being streamed on the net?

Im going to be out of the country which means the obscure Box nation is unlikely to be available.

Gutted.

ThrowingLeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Fri 14 Oct 2011, 2:30 pm

JDandfries wrote:Normally I would plump for anyone v's a scouser, but it is pushing it a bit backing a Welsh, so I really don't care who wins

Open minded little thing aren't you.

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Fri 14 Oct 2011, 3:14 pm

Jimmy Moz wrote:
JDandfries wrote:Normally I would plump for anyone v's a scouser, but it is pushing it a bit backing a Welsh, so I really don't care who wins

Open minded little thing aren't you.

Is that the sum total of your contribution?

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next