The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan v Bradley, whose resume is better?

+9
TopHat24/7
Waingro
6oldenbhoy
J.Benson II
BALTIMORA
AlexHuckerby
Michaels, Sean
horizontalhero
PPVxHOTTY
13 posters

Go down

Khan v Bradley, whose resume is better? Empty Khan v Bradley, whose resume is better?

Post by PPVxHOTTY Fri 14 Oct 2011, 10:43 pm

In terms of skill and talent of opponents I believe Bradley's resume is far better than Khans. Bradley recently signed up with Toprank and imo used the whole Khan saga to split up with Gary Shaw, all the comments of him ducking/scared of Khan is all nonsense, knowing uncle Bob he will have '2 inhouse' fighters and cash in meaning Bradley v Pacman is a certainty! the politics nowadays is killing the sport to an extent.

Bradley's record reads like a fighter who's faced the best opposition available to him, consistently, whereas Khan's doesn't, take away Maidana and the comparison becomes laughable, as opposed to just being off.

Khan has a problem with 'joinedup thinking' in the ring, the Maidana fight being a good example, he can concentrate on moving to get away from punches, he can concentrate on defending himself with a high guard, he can concentrate on moving forward and throwing punches. Ask him to do any two of those at the same time and watch his eyes roll in confusion.

If they ever fought Bradley takes a UD!! What are the thoughts of you guys?

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Khan v Bradley, whose resume is better? Empty Re: Khan v Bradley, whose resume is better?

Post by horizontalhero Fri 14 Oct 2011, 10:53 pm

I've not seen a Khan fight in a long time, but I can't help but think that he gets a bit of a rough deal from fans- he seems to get judged pretty harshly on these boards despite the facts that he's now a two belt holder, ring champ, and facing some resonable opposition. He's also pretty young still, and has a trainer in Roach that doesn't need him as much as he needs Roach. If Freddie didn't think Khan was capable of big things I doubt he would have taken him on. If he fights Bradley I reckon it's pretty close eitherway, but Khan has the potential to keep improving, not sure the same can be said of Bradley.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Khan v Bradley, whose resume is better? Empty Re: Khan v Bradley, whose resume is better?

Post by Michaels, Sean Fri 14 Oct 2011, 11:10 pm

My thoughts are that you're talking turkey.

Judah maidana kotelnik
Alexander and witter. Maybe holt as well but that wasn't great
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 14 Oct 2011, 11:16 pm

Alexander and Witter and two wins of the same calibur of Maidana and Judah, in my opinion. Kotelnik is his holt...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Fri 14 Oct 2011, 11:29 pm

No point even debating with someone who thinks Judah 'at age of 33', Kotelnik and Maidana are better opponents than Kendall Holt, Devon Alexander and an unbeaten Witter 'in the UK where you have to beat the guy twice to get a decision if you're foreign'. Barring Maidana, im sorry but Kotelnik, Barerra, Salita, Mallinaggi, Mcloskey and Judah not better opponents than Witter, Holt, Abregu, Peterson 'who he comfortably beat in 2009' and Alexander.

Horizon I agree Khan is still maturing but I would also add that his lack of boxing iq is evident when he is in the corner. He always asks things like 'am I doing ok?' with a worried face while he just had a dominating round, also he seems to be unable to adapt to changes in the ring.

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Fri 14 Oct 2011, 11:35 pm

Kotelnik is poor, he lost to Witter in 2005 and Alexander recently, I know boxing is a clash of styles but to say Kotelnik is his Holt is a pretty stupid remark because Bradley had a title unification with Holt, khan did the same with Kotlenik, but imo Holt beats Kotelnik easy!

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 14 Oct 2011, 11:38 pm

PPVxHOTTY wrote:No point even debating with someone who thinks Judah 'at age of 33', Kotelnik and Maidana are better opponents than Kendall Holt, Devon Alexander and an unbeaten Witter 'in the UK where you have to beat the guy twice to get a decision if you're foreign'. Barring Maidana, im sorry but Kotelnik, Barerra, Salita, Mallinaggi, Mcloskey and Judah not better opponents than Witter, Holt, Abregu, Peterson 'who he comfortably beat in 2009' and Alexander.

Horizon I agree Khan is still maturing but I would also add that his lack of boxing iq is evident when he is in the corner. He always asks things like 'am I doing ok?' with a worried face while he just had a dominating round, also he seems to be unable to adapt to changes in the ring.

Junior Witter lost his '0' to Judah not Bradley. Devon Alexander was gifted wins against Kotelnik and Matthyse... Bradley has Abregu (who?) and a NC against Nate Campbell, who's past it. Holt...also past it.

It's easy to pick holes when you want to.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Fri 14 Oct 2011, 11:42 pm

PPVxHOTTY wrote:No point even debating with someone who thinks Judah 'at age of 33', Kotelnik and Maidana are better opponents than Kendall Holt, Devon Alexander and an unbeaten Witter 'in the UK where you have to beat the guy twice to get a decision if you're foreign'. Barring Maidana, im sorry but Kotelnik, Barerra, Salita, Mallinaggi, Mcloskey and Judah not better opponents than Witter, Holt, Abregu, Peterson 'who he comfortably beat in 2009' and Alexander.

Witter unbeaten? No he wasnt.
Alexander was vastly over-rated and if there was any justice, should have lost his title to Kotelnik after being cleanly out-boxed.
Judah, McCloskey, Maidana, Malignaggi and Kotelnik were all top 10 rated LWW's, two of whom held world titles.
An argument can be made that Bradley has the better wins, but overall there isnt much in it.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Fri 14 Oct 2011, 11:49 pm

Why mention the fact that Bradley vs Holt was a unification, yet disregard that Khan vs Judah was?

Have you even seen Alexander vs Kotelnik? Alexander was one lucky boy in that fight. Did you see Alexander's subsequent bout with Matthysse?

Witter was not unbeaten when he fought Bradley. He had lost to Judah a few years before.

Why Is Abregu a good win? Fair enough he stepped up in weight, but the guy hadn't fought anyone of note.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Sat 15 Oct 2011, 1:17 pm

I think Khan is overrated if he fights Mayweather he would get destroyed not sure that fight will happen though. I would like to see Khan fight Brook I think Brook would win that fight. Next year I reckon Brook will be a world champ and Khan will have no excuses not to fight him.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat 15 Oct 2011, 1:30 pm

Not really answering the question tho is it Waingro? For me it's very finely balanced, tipped slightly in Bradley's favour (got a lot of respect for his Witter win) but if Khan stops Peterson it'll reverse that. Still tight tho, which is why they need to fight and why Bradley has massively discredited himself by his recent actions. Both would lose their respective 'super-fights', buy I'd expect Khan to put in the better showing.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sat 15 Oct 2011, 8:45 pm

For me there's not much in it. Holt, Witter and Alexander are Bradleys best wins. Maidana, Kotelnik and probably Malignaagi are Khans (Judah is a busted flush who was losing his biggest fights when khan ws still at school, McCloskey is a euro level fighter and the less said about Salita the better). On this basis I would say Bradley 3 best opponents are better than khans, but there's nit a huge amount in it.

In terms of who'd win, I've always said Bradley, simply because I see too many flaws in khans game. He leaves himself open to counters when he comes in with his trademark flurries, his footwork is clumsy (offensively), he has a poor chin (taking a couple of digs off an exhausted maidana doesn't prove otherwise), and he struggles to cope with pressure. The last point there is key, due to Bradleys style. Khan is great when opponents - such as paulie, kotelnik - stand off, upright and box, because he's quick and rangy and he'll win that kind of fight. When maidana put pressure on him he couldn't handle it, he's got no inside game and just runs backward leaving himself open to looping punches - of which Bradley throws a lot. Bradley is much quicker than maidana, he's very strong at the weight, he's fast up close and will put constant pressure on khan. I'd back Bradley to be in khans face too much, be a bit too strong and (as a quality championship round fighter) land the punches late on that would see the ref save khan.

Just hope we get the chance to find out.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Sat 15 Oct 2011, 9:07 pm

As you say, styles make fights, and Khan is all wrong for Bradley.

UD for Khan.

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Sat 15 Oct 2011, 9:42 pm

Bradley hasn't got a 50 second KO against him on his record so i go with him at the moment. On another point what has happened to the English language when people are talking about resume's on a british boxing forum, please leave that kind of talk for our friends over the pond (apologies if you are a yank though).

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sun 16 Oct 2011, 12:23 am

Bradley was lucky to get past Holt, That fight could have gone either way, Alexander was a stinker that could also have gone either way, he beat campbell by a head, and witter was in his late 30's and finished. Names don't matter, you need to look at the manner of the fights.

Campbell and Marco are equal
Alexander and Maidana equal
Witter and Kotlenik equal
Judah and Holt, I'd rate that equal

But as someone above says, there is only one of the fighters that got splatted in 60 secs.

I still rate Khan over bradley though, I just see more talent on the kid. And think he'd beat him if Bradley takes up the challenge.

I don't think Bradley has the power to knock Khan, and think Khan has the speed to befudle Bradley.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down