The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Button's kick off with the media

+7
SteveG
Djoker is in Nadal's head
Critical_mass
supremeskills
wow
Belgarion of Riva
Fernando
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Button's kick off with the media Empty Button's kick off with the media

Post by Fernando Tue 01 Nov 2011, 8:35 pm

Jenson Button let his temper flare after finishing behind Sebastian Vettel in India and moving closer to sealing second place in the 2011 championship.

Yet again, despite his run of good form, the 2009 world champion was probed by British reporters about the crashes and antics of his teammate Lewis Hamilton.

Asked about Hamilton's latest row with Felipe Massa, Button blasted: "I don't give a ***.

"If you want to do an interview with me, about me, that's fine," he charged. "But I don't want to be asked about Lewis again. It's doing my head in."

Privately, Button is enjoying his dominance inside the McLaren team at present, after critics once ridiculed his decision to leave Brawn for Hamilton's "lion's den".

"That is the challenge I wanted when I came here. I wanted to find out where I really stand compared to Lewis," he said in India.

And with the likes of Ferrari's Fernando Alonso also behind him in 2011, Button admitted that finishing second behind Vettel this season is no mean feat.

"To finish second in this championship would mean something,"

http://www.motorsport.com/all/news/f1-button-rages-at-questions-over-hamilton-antics/?v=2&s=1&i=9

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Button's kick off with the media Empty Re: Button's kick off with the media

Post by Belgarion of Riva Tue 01 Nov 2011, 8:55 pm

All Button cares about is beating Hamilton. It's unfortunate he doesn't realise that finishing second makes you the first loser.

Jenson has done a great job this season and you would expect that from someone who's been in the sport for this long.

When it comes down to getting the best out of a car that isn't set up to perfection he does nothing. His quali pace is not impressive and why Mclaren have built their car around him, resulting in the understeer LH has complained about baffles me.

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Nov 2011, 9:03 pm

fernando wrote:Privately, Button is enjoying his dominance inside the McLaren team at present, after critics once ridiculed his decision to leave Brawn for Hamilton's "lion's den".

"That is the challenge I wanted when I came here. I wanted to find out where I really stand compared to Lewis," he said in India.

"To finish second in this championship would mean something,"

Firstly, finishing second means nothing to a true racing driver. A true racing driver is risking his life week in week out for one reason, to win titles and go down in history among the past greats. He wanted to join the 'lions den', however the team's characteristics significantly altered once ron dennis left and whitmarsh took over. Jenson was whitmarsh's 'marquee' signing and was the clear favourite of the boss from the get-go, so to call Mclaren 'hamilton's lions den' is inaccurate in my opinion. Critics were labelling the decision to join mclaren as 'stupid' but they had not realised that the future rules changes and the introduction of the pirelli tyre were all suited to jensons needs to be competitive. The tyre situation ultimately killed Lewis this season as his aggressive, natural racing ability was hindered, whereas Jenson's abilities were suited to the new rules and tyres, so he was always going to flourish.

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Tue 01 Nov 2011, 9:07 pm

Hamilton will start racing when he stops crashing Ok!

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 01 Nov 2011, 9:24 pm

wow wrote:Hamilton will start racing when he stops crashing Ok!

Any other pearls of wisdom you'd like to share wow?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Tue 01 Nov 2011, 9:38 pm

Vettel has silenced all his critics. If people say that he is just driving a faster car then Webber is doing the same as well. People said that he cannot overtake and can only lead the race, I think he did overtake Alonso in last or before that race to refute that.
Button too have shown that he is better than Hamilton as it reflects in his this year's performance. You can say that Hamilton has been unlucky this year but again he was lucky as well in the past.
Vettel is the youngest double world chamption if i am not mistaken and he might be going for that elusive 13 wins in a year.

I prefer Button to Hamilton anyday as his driving much moresafer and smooth.

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by supremeskills Tue 01 Nov 2011, 9:55 pm

button at his best v lewis at his best,lewis wins easily.
a off form lewis v button at his best,button wins.this is what we've seen this season.
and buttons safe and smooth driving style will make him quickly forgotten.
aggressive drivers who take risks,ie senna,schumacher etc,will always be remembered because they are the ones who get ppl watching the races,and they are the ones who get ppl talking about f1.they are the ones who bring the excitement to f1,sometimes for the right reasons,and sometimes for the wrong reasons,but atleast they entertain.this is the reason why lewis is talked about more than all the other drivers,and he has been since 07,eventhough other drivers have won championships,lewis is still the main talking point.
most fans of f1 want to see wheel to wheel racing and drivers pushing hard and taking risks.they dont wanna see simple straight forward overtakes with 0 risk because the driver infront is alot slower because their tyres have gone.thats not racing,thats not entertainment.if it was then ppl would be talking about the likes of button alot more than they talk about lewis.ppl are even talking about lewis more than theyre talking about vettel.that speaks for itself.

supremeskills

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Tue 01 Nov 2011, 10:26 pm

Judging a driver on this one season... how narrow minded.

Liking a driver because he's safe - ermmm ok lol

Yes we all an acknowledge lewis has had a bad season, we cant deny that, yes jenson is beating lewis this season. But since when suddenly become the better driver in one season. Life is full of peaks and troughs - currently Lewis is in a trough, which makes Button look like he's on a peak.

Regardless of that, button has joined Mclaren and whitmarsh has stabbed lewis in the back. They're even designing the car around Jenson., messing up lewis's strategy, bad tyre calls. On top of that, and partly due to the above lewis is having to race harder than ever resulting in more incidents - though some not his fault. No wonder Jenson is beating Lewis - even his team dont appear to be supporting him.

Quite frankly, i found whitmarsh saying lewis's problems are due to button beating him.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 01 Nov 2011, 10:30 pm

It broke the rules so it went likewise with john's comment of calling wum - remember guys don't call people that please

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Djoker is in Nadal's head Tue 01 Nov 2011, 10:54 pm

Button won the championship with a not so good car. Hamilton had only one good season so far and he had the rub of green to win that one. Massa had that championship in his pocket.

Blaming Lewis's problems on Whitmarsh is not fair. Lewis is himself to be blamed. His driving needs some issues addressing, provided he does that he might do well compared to button however beating Vettel is not possible for Lewis. IMO Lewis will not win a championship again. He is just not consistent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Tue 01 Nov 2011, 10:54 pm

lol didnt see the WUM post by john, but i trust his judgement.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Tue 01 Nov 2011, 10:57 pm

fernando wrote:It broke the rules so it went likewise with john's comment of calling wum - remember guys don't call people that please

What rules are we talking about? What did I say which was not fair, Lewis has been crashing more than often this year and have been attracting penalities. So if you write facts here than it is breaking the rules. No wonder the forum is empty.

Answer me this:
Which driver has had maximum crashes 2011 season?
Which driver has had maximum penalities given against him in 2011?

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Tue 01 Nov 2011, 11:00 pm

You asked me to give some wisdom here and when I gave it, you are acting in an irrational way.
Come on guys! There is a topic to be discussed, Discuss it rather than calling other posters WUM.

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 01 Nov 2011, 11:03 pm

Don't call people fanboys

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Tue 01 Nov 2011, 11:04 pm

fernando wrote:Don't call people fanboys

Tell me the rules I have broken. Like wise posters should not be called tossers.

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Tue 01 Nov 2011, 11:05 pm

Djoker is in Nadal's head wrote:Button won the championship with a not so good car. Hamilton had only one good season so far and he had the rub of green to win that one. Massa had that championship in his pocket.

Blaming Lewis's problems on Whitmarsh is not fair. Lewis is himself to be blamed. His driving needs some issues addressing, provided he does that he might do well compared to button however beating Vettel is not possible for Lewis. IMO Lewis will not win a championship again. He is just not consistent.

Firstly Button had THE BEST CAR for most of the season, when others started to catch up and button stopped winning races, button had done enough by that point.

Secondly Hamilton has had more than one good season 2007 brilliant, prob the best Rookie season, 2008 was nail biting to the end and then there was the back end of 2009.

Blaming Whitmarsh is perfectly valid he's done lewis over and now more resources are going into Jensons side of the garage. Besides if you had taken the time to read properly i didnt refute all blame from lewis. His driving does need to improve but so does support from his team/team manager.

Lewis will not win another WDC - WHAT? lol Being able to tell the future must be a bonus, any chance of the lottery numbers?

Come on how can you say that? You dont know what hte future holds, lewis has only been in the sport 5 years. Plenty more years to go yet. If button was to win another WDC, it would only be due to the cr@p rules and tyrs that require boring extreme tyre management.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Tue 01 Nov 2011, 11:06 pm

i didnt call you a t0sser, i was jesting as we were being told not to call peeps a WUM, but no mention of worse names?

Joke obviously flew straight over your head. nevermind.

Man up ffs instead of telling teacher.

Yes we all know lewis has crashed the most this season - and we know reasons why that could be.

And yes we know lewis has had the most punishments from the stewards, again we all know thats not quite black and white... but feel free to be in denial about that, free country.

Last edited by Critical_mass on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 01 Nov 2011, 11:07 pm

wow wrote:
fernando wrote:Don't call people fanboys

Tell me the rules I have broken. Like wise posters should not be called tossers.

read your PM - nothing personal but for the reason i say it had to go , Also ive removed that

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Tue 01 Nov 2011, 11:09 pm

If there is a championship for getting maximum penalities then defintely LEwis Hamilton is a WDC and will remain one but here we are talking about the race points and Lewis is just not winning races or points.

Best rookie season? He was driving that car for years and years and how come Button has become the golden buoy of Mclaren when Lewis is supposed to be one. The thing is that there was no good driver with him for so long and hence he never had the competition. when there is one he is struggling to cope with it like it happened with his tiff with alonso.

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Tue 01 Nov 2011, 11:12 pm

Chill guys. I was just working the forum a bit. Maybe it had been mundane without the Lewis bashers.
angel Peace!
Thanks Fernando, no complaints.

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Tue 01 Nov 2011, 11:13 pm

I am not a Hamilton fan but I do feel for him. He has been trying hard and things might work out for him in 2012 but the field is quite competitive and Button too is a damn good driver although success came to him very late.

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Tue 01 Nov 2011, 11:18 pm

Lewis wasnt driving THAT car for years and years lol

Jenson has suddenly become the golden boy due to whitmarsh taking over nad whitmarsh has a point to prove by ensuring Jenson does not fail - as that will make him look an idiot.

Again, showing your lack of knowledge or having a selective memory.

Alonso 2007 - WDC at the time, beaten or convincingly matched by Lewis.

Other than that youre right he hasnt had the competition from a team mate, but certainly Ferrari, red bull and later brawn drivers WERE competition and he fought well with them, winning races and also won the WDC during that time. If you call that struggling to cope with Alonso, your definition of "failing to cope" is way off the mark.

As John has clearly stated, button is benefitting immensely with the new rules and the characteristics of the tyres. If you really think its down to his pure racing ability you are wrong.

The tyres have gone from one extreme to the other - Bridgestones > pirelli - Super durable > Super undurable.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Tue 01 Nov 2011, 11:21 pm

supremeskills wrote:
aggressive drivers who take risks,ie senna,schumacher etc,will always be remembered because they are the ones who get ppl watching the races,and they are the ones who get ppl talking about f1.they are the ones who bring the excitement to f1
Too true. I remember in one of the red button forums when Eddie Jordan called to the crowd "is there any Jenson Button fans" - muffled noises. "Is there any Lewis Hamilton fans" - crowd goes wild. Says it all really.

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Tue 01 Nov 2011, 11:23 pm

Im by no means denying Button being a good driver, he is a good driver. But he's no lewis, alonso or vettel. He does v well when, the cars set up just right and with the new tyres. But being a racing driver is more than just that, its about getting the most out of the machinary you have even if its a bit of a dog.

Tyre management was always a part of F1, albeit a small part. But now its probably the main part of F1.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Tue 01 Nov 2011, 11:23 pm

[quote="SteveG"]
supremeskills wrote:
Too true. I remember in one of the red button forums when Eddie Jordan called to the crowd "is there any Jenson Button fans" - muffled noises. "Is there any Lewis Hamilton fans" - crowd goes wild. Says it all really.

thumbsup

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Tue 01 Nov 2011, 11:37 pm

Djoker is in Nadal's head wrote:Hamilton had only one good season so far and he had the rub of green to win that one. Massa had that championship in his pocket.
Firstly Hamilton had a fantastic debut season and SHOULD have won the WDC. Secondly Massa may have had the championship in his pocket albeit for about 20 seconds but if the Spa result hadnt been farcically stripped from Hamilton and given to Massa then Brazil wouldnt have mattered a jot.

...however beating Vettel is not possible for Lewis.
Vettel can continue to win whilst he has a competitive car. If he doesnt he won't. Ask Hamilton, ask Alonso. Its the way F1 works plain and simple.

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Tue 01 Nov 2011, 11:41 pm

This forum is infested with hammy fans.
tyre management is part of F1, the area where hammy lacks substantially is development of the car. Alonso, Vettel and Button are far ahead than Hammy in that department.
But one thing I will agree that Hammy knows how to overtake but recently that particualr trait has gone against him as the drivers are imploying the same tactics agains him.
Didn't Button overtook him and Webber in a recently concluded race?
Button definitely a better driver and kicking off is very reasonable.

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Wed 02 Nov 2011, 7:27 am

Bonjourno!

@Wow

If your an Alonso fan like myself, then the Hamilton fans think instantly your called 'Jose Lorca' on this board. They must think there can't possibly 2 people in the world that like Alonso!

GOING BACK TO THE TOPIC...

I like this new edge to Jenson Button MBE. Quite right he should tell the reporters to get stuffed. What has Hamilton crashing into Massa got to do with him. He was a minute down the road while his team mate was playing destruction derby with other number 2 drivers.

Jenson Button MBE has really turned the screw on Hamilton. Even the knowledgable and fair Martin Whitmarsh has come out and said that its the pressure Jenson Button MBE has placed on Hamilton that is in part causing the crashes and mistakes.

Whitmarsh did make a fair point though Hamilton fans: -

"I don't want him to enjoy being beaten by his team-mate. I want him to try to beat Jenson, just as I want Jenson to try to beat Lewis."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/15514061.stm

Does Vettel get questioned about Mark Webbers performance every week? No! Therefore, if the press want to know about Hamilton, they should go ask Hamilton.

Well done Jenson Button MBE. Great Britains Number 1 Driver!

Forza Alonso!The UNICEF Ambassador! angel

Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Wed 02 Nov 2011, 9:55 am

I can understand Button's reaction. He's beating Hamilton this year and everyone knows including himself that he isn't the better driver. I believe that's why he lashed out.

No one asks Webber or Massa because they know their team mates are superior drivers but everyone is shocked that JB is beating Hamilton. People forget he is also beating Alonso. What a difference rule changes make.

JB has never been a front runner and always qualifies and performs worse than the other top drivers/cars, now he's suddenly performing well. Even respected F1 officianados like Briatore said, JB worked for him and was nothing special but now he looks very good. Rule changes have helped JB immensely just like when he was at Brawn.

Great stuff

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Djoker is in Nadal's head Wed 02 Nov 2011, 11:31 am

Belgarion of Riva wrote:I can understand Button's reaction. He's beating Hamilton this year and everyone knows including himself that he isn't the better driver. I believe that's why he lashed out.

No one asks Webber or Massa because they know their team mates are superior drivers but everyone is shocked that JB is beating Hamilton. People forget he is also beating Alonso. What a difference rule changes make.

JB has never been a front runner and always qualifies and performs worse than the other top drivers/cars, now he's suddenly performing well. Even respected F1 officianados like Briatore said, JB worked for him and was nothing special but now he looks very good. Rule changes have helped JB immensely just like when he was at Brawn.

Great stuff

What a load of Tosh????
Button has always been second runner- who was he running second to when he won the WDC??

Button is also beating Alonso- Is he not driving a different car? In the first season itself next to Hamilton, Button nearly outclassed him.

If Whitmarsh favours Button (supposedlY) then Button must be doing few things right.
IMO as Nigel Mansell said not so long ago that success has gone into Hamilton's head which happens to lots of sportsperson when they get success easily and at young age. He will be okay if he lets his head down and work hard. This 2011 is going to teach him a lot.

Vettel a far far batter driver then Hamilton. Mind you Vettel is younger than Hamilton and already a double world champion. SOme food for thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Wed 02 Nov 2011, 12:01 pm

Djoker is in Nadal's head wrote:
Belgarion of Riva wrote:I can understand Button's reaction. He's beating Hamilton this year and everyone knows including himself that he isn't the better driver. I believe that's why he lashed out.

Great stuff

What a load of Tosh????
Button has always been second runner- who was he running second to when he won the WDC??

Button is also beating Alonso- Is he not driving a different car? In the first season itself next to Hamilton, Button nearly outclassed him.

If Whitmarsh favours Button (supposedlY) then Button must be doing few things right.
IMO as Nigel Mansell said not so long ago that success has gone into Hamilton's head which happens to lots of sportsperson when they get success easily and at young age. He will be okay if he lets his head down and work hard. This 2011 is going to teach him a lot.

Vettel a far far batter driver then Hamilton. Mind you Vettel is younger than Hamilton and already a double world champion. SOme food for thought.

Come now, dear boy. I'm not disagreeing with you. Button has been in F1 for over a decade and has had 1-2 good years even though he's had competitive cars in the past, like the Williams and the BAR Honda (before the earth coloured car days).

He's a good driver, no doubt but he suddenly didn't become excellent and everyone else become rubbish. There are extenuating circumstances.

He's beating his team mate and everyone else besides Vettel, which includes Alonso. He's performed very well this year but last year he was nowhere near as good.

Hamilton has had a poor season by his standards, so has Alonso. JB isn't better than them but he's beating them this season.

Finally Briatore, who I detest made the statement, you may not like it but it's true. The new rules have helped him immensely, just like when he was at Brawn.

No doubts whatsoever

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by erictheblueuk Wed 02 Nov 2011, 12:16 pm

When in an F1 team the 1st thing you've got to do is try and beat your team mate.
erictheblueuk
erictheblueuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Djoker is in Nadal's head Wed 02 Nov 2011, 12:56 pm

BUtton at one satage was leading the points table in 2010. He finished 26 points behind Hamilton ( one race result). He did alright rather more than alright as it was his first season at Mclaren.

A driver is as good as his car but you can gauge a driver by comparing him to the driver who is driving the same car like vettel-webber, alonso-massa.

Button was toe to toe with Hamilton in 2010 and he has now beaten him. The rules change helped Button well this is not his fault and all the rules are governing as how a car is meant to be driven on those tracks, right.

SO if Button does well to follow the rules and bring up good results that confirms that he is a better driver than Hamilton and Vettel is better than all of them as it reflects in the results shown by Vettel this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:10 pm

I can't believe I decided to go to bed last night before 'all this kicked off'.

seriously 'wow' where have you come from???? crawl back under the rock you came from. You clearly have no detailed knowledge of any of the drivers and their careers in f1 to date, you also fail to understand the advantages and disadvantages that rule changes bring to F1 and the effect it has upon teams and more importantly their drivers. Your comment in relation to hamilton achieving the best rookie season in 07', claiming he had driven that car for 'years' as you so put it, emphasises my point. Hamilton had not been driving that car for years, he had been given a substancial period of testing leading upto the season after he had won GP2 title in late 2006. You also stated, 'Didn't Button overtook him and Webber in a recently concluded race?' - once again incorrect. Hamilton qualified 2nd however started 5th behind both Jenson and Mark, so how did he get overtaken??? Doh . Apparently after your bashing of hamilton's driving you claim ''I am not a Hamilton fan but I do feel for him''.........do me a favour!

Djoker is in nadal's head stated ''Button won the championship with a not so good car''........I rest my case! You state ''Button was toe to toe with Hamilton in 2010''. The KEY reason Hamilton only beat button by a small margin in 2010 is because Hamilton was actually racing for the title and risking his car, pushing it to the absolute limit (which wasnt a fast a red bull) he had incidents in Singapore with Webber (webber's fault), Monza, Japan ( gearbox issue which allowed jenson to pass). Jenson wasnt 'racing' he was using his conservative approach to pick up the minor points as he knew that he didnt have the speed on more durable tyres to challenge the red bull. Now the tyres are suited to him, look at the result.

Fernando your lucky I wasnt on here last night, but seriously I wanna discuss F1 with dedicated, knowlegable (to a certain standard) and hardcore fans of f1 and motorsport in general but we have to put up with this. Hopefully djoker returns to the tennis forum and wow & ciambella cosy upto each other under that rock in monza....sorry luton.

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:15 pm

Unfortunately you can't use one season to compare two drivers especially with the adoption of a variety of new rules. However, you can use their performances over a period to do that.

Button has outperformed Hamilton this year, no one is arguing that. He's beaten his team mate which is important but he's also beating the other title contenders in cars that have shown they can win races.

If I were to apply your logic, Button is better than Alonso as well. Do you agree? Afterall he's ahead of him in the championship this year?

For the record; I believe JB is a good driver and I feel he's better driver than our current world champion. I've stated this on numerous ocassions.

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:18 pm

John, I remember wow from the old 606 and his articles implied he detests Hamilton. I wouldn't take him seriously.

What I do not understand is why do we have to love one driver and hate the other. I like all the drivers, some more than others and will defend them when slated.

However when you defend Hamilton, you are labeled a fan boy. The same rules do not apply to other posters who defend other drivers. Why is that?

Alonso isn't my cup of tea but I rate him as one of the best drivers (if not the best) on the grid. I wish the other posters here could do the same. I won't hold by breath though

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:22 pm

clap

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:36 pm

My dear friend John. I said recently concluded race. I could not remember exactly and hence was the use of phrase 'recently concluded'.

Hamilton got overtaken by Button and Button won that race.
When I said that Hammy was driving that car for years and years obviously I meant that he was with Mcalren for years before getting a chance to drive F1 car.
Rule changes are part of the game and Button has done well to adapt to them wheras Hammy being one dimensional and a risk on F1 tracks have failed to do so. It is not only me saying this, lots of his peers on f1 ciricuit hold the same opinion about him.

Hamilton has just been lucky to have an opportunity to drive a faster car since the start of his career. IMO he is no better than Rosberg, Sutil or for that matter Koboyashi.

belgrian, there is no need to put me down by making direct comments. Like John you can also learn to debate points.

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:42 pm

WOW - "Hamilton has just been lucky to have an opportunity to drive a faster car since the start of his career. IMO he is no better than Rosberg, Sutil or for that matter Koboyashi."

Now youre opinions have lost ALL respect from me lol... never heard something so absurb.

As for the "recently concluded" race. i think youre referring to Japan, where Button won. But Button didnt overtake Lewis through racing, Lewis had backed off just after 130R corner to go into the pits as he had a puncture.

Last edited by Critical_mass on Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:43 pm

Critical_mass wrote:WOW - "Hamilton has just been lucky to have an opportunity to drive a faster car since the start of his career. IMO he is no better than Rosberg, Sutil or for that matter Koboyashi."

Now youre opinions have lost ALL respect from me lol... never heard something so absurb.

And what was your opinion Erm

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:50 pm

btw see editted post above ^^

My OPINION is that your comment is completely and utterly off the mark. Lewis is clearly a better racer than Rosbergm, Sutil and Kobayashi.

Lewis has mixed it up with the best, Vettel, Kimi, Massa ( when he was on form), Alonso, Button, Schumacher. He won the 2008 WDC when Ferrari had the slightly better car.

Yes he's had an off season this season, but generally he's up there with the best.

I find ridiculous that people can say lewis is a bad driver and only level to sutil and whoever, simply because he's had a bad season. Sheeesh you lot are a hard crowd.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:59 pm

Critical_mass wrote:btw see editted post above ^^

I find ridiculous that people can say lewis is a bad driver and only level to sutil and whoever, simply because he's had a bad season. Sheeesh you lot are a hard crowd.

Who says that Sutil is a bad driver? I said that Sutil will be as good as Hamilton had he been driving that fast Mclaren car in 2008.
Hamilton too ios a good driver but definitely he is not the best and his career is going downhill at the moment.

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Wed 02 Nov 2011, 2:02 pm

wow, i'm not putting you down.

I read your posts on the old 606 and at the time it appeared you had problems with Hamilton.

That hasn't changed though as you've tried to rubbish his abilities here and compared him to drivers he is clearly superior to. I see however, that you refused to debate my points particularly with performances over a season.

It generally means you can't dispute it and therefore have conceded. No worries.

You say Hamilton is a good driver who's career is going downhill, I could say the same thing about Alonso. Thanks for stating that. Cheers

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Wed 02 Nov 2011, 2:04 pm

Belgarion of Riva wrote:wow, i'm not putting you down.

I read your posts on the old 606 and at the time it appeared you had problems with Hamilton.

I wouldn't disgaree much. Wink

And I agree that I am not the most knowledgeable F1 fan but I do follow it religiously.

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Wed 02 Nov 2011, 2:10 pm

lol - no go read again. infact here it is

"Hamilton has just been lucky to have an opportunity to drive a faster car since the start of his career. IMO he is no better than Rosberg, Sutil or for that matter Koboyashi."

You didnt even imply that you meant if they were in the same car as Hamilton. Id still disagree, Lewis has beaten drivers you consider to be better than him. Rosberg could certainly do as well as hamilton in the right car, but then he'd be doing the same if not better than vettel, alonso, button etc too as Hamilton has raced and beaten all of those in the past. I dont see your logic?

Hamilton is havign a bad season, but once again i'll say so you understand. ONE BAD SEASON DOESNT CONSTITUE A CAREER GOIGN DOWN HILL.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Wed 02 Nov 2011, 2:16 pm

Critical_mass wrote:lol - no go read again. infact here it is

"Hamilton has just been lucky to have an opportunity to drive a faster car since the start of his career. IMO he is no better than Rosberg, Sutil or for that matter Koboyashi."

You didnt even imply that you meant if they were in the same car as Hamilton. Id still disagree, Lewis has beaten drivers you consider to be better than him. Rosberg could certainly do as well as hamilton in the right car, but then he'd be doing the same if not better than vettel, alonso, button etc too as Hamilton has raced and beaten all of those in the past. I dont see your logic?

Hamilton is havign a bad season, but once again i'll say so you understand. ONE BAD SEASON DOESNT CONSTITUE A CAREER GOIGN DOWN HILL.

CM read again, he is no better and that means same like as good as. And I did mention the faster car here. When did Hamilton prodcued a result with a rubbish car. Do you remember the start of 2009 season? Hamilton was languishing at the bottom because he was not having a good car whereas Alonso came through the ranks when he performed ecxeptionally well for Minardi, same for Kimi when he showed his potential with Sauber and same for Vettel when he won a race with Torro Rosso.

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Nov 2011, 2:36 pm

haha shocking points from 'wow'. Just because hamilton has never driven for a 'less superior' team doesnt mean he wouldnt be able to achieve or match what alonso or vettel did at those lower teams. The kobayashi comment is just plain dumb another one to add the ever growing list of 'shocking comments'. You think Hamilton is dangerous and should be removed from the sport, well watch highlights of arguably the greatest ever F1 driver there has ever been, he makes Hamilton's aggressive driving look 'tame'. Don't think your 'hero' Button has never been involved in incidents or cases of 'poor' driving.....he has 10 years worth of footage showcasing his average ability. But seeing as you cannot clearly remember what happened less than 3 weeks ago, I doubt you would of even viewed Jenson's entire f1 career or that of Ayrton Senna. Also please tell me how in 2009 when Mclaren had a poor car, Lewis Hamilton was able to achieve a start to the season of DSQ (while running in 3rd), 7th, 6th, 4th & 9th whereas his teammmate recorded four retirements, 5th & 12th. Hardly languishing at the bottom of the field?

Last edited by John on Wed 02 Nov 2011, 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Wed 02 Nov 2011, 2:52 pm

John wrote:haha shocking points from 'wow'. just because hamilton has never driven for a 'less superior' car doesnt mean he wouldnt be able to achieve or match what alonso or vettel did at those lower teams. The kobayashi comment is just plain dumb another one to add the ever growing list of 'shocking comments'. You think Hamilton is dangerous and should be removed from the sport, well watch highlights of arguably the greatest ever F1 driver there has ever been, he makes Hamilton's aggressive driving look 'tame'. Don't think your 'hero' Button has never been involved in incidents or cases of 'poor' driving.....he has 10 years worth of footage showcasing his average ability. But seeing as you cannot clearly remember what happened less than 3 weeks ago, I doubt you would of even viewed Jenson's entire f1 career or that of Ayrton Senna.

Doh
First half of season 2009- hamilton was down at the rock bottom, WHy? Because he did not have the good car.
Hence Vettel, Alonso, Kimi>Hamilton

Hamilton not very safe, well every driver including Massa, ALonso, Button, Sutil will vouch for that. Or else, please explain as why does Hammy leads the peanlities points ranking this season and till date.

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Nov 2011, 2:56 pm

wow wrote:First half of season 2009- hamilton was down at the rock bottom, WHy? Because he did not have the good car.

Please tell me how in 2009 when Mclaren had a poor car, Lewis Hamilton was able to achieve a start to the season of DSQ (while running in 3rd), 7th, 6th, 4th & 9th whereas his teammmate recorded four retirements, 5th & 12th. Hardly languishing at the bottom of the field or hamilton having hit 'rock bottom'? Just going to ignore fact are we? Thought so....

Last edited by John on Wed 02 Nov 2011, 3:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Wed 02 Nov 2011, 3:00 pm

John wrote:
wow wrote:First half of season 2009- hamilton was down at the rock bottom, WHy? Because he did not have the good car.

Please tell me how in 2009 when Mclaren had a poor car, Lewis Hamilton was able to achieve a start to the season of DSQ (while running in 3rd), 7th, 6th, 4th & 9th whereas his teammmate recorded four retirements, 5th & 12th. Hardly languishing at the bottom of the field? Just going to ignore fact are we? Thought so....

Abusing the stats warning
dsq, 7, 6, 4, 9, 12,13, 16, 18 and his team mate that year was Heiki Kovalainnen. Well Heiki is a F1 great , ain't he? notworthy

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next