The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWE Wellness Program double standard?

+8
Kay Fabe
JamesLincs
AberdeenSteve
TwisT
MtotheC
Samo
Bull
VDT
12 posters

Go down

WWE Wellness Program double standard? Empty WWE Wellness Program double standard?

Post by VDT Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:53 pm

Following the drug suspension of Evan Bourne, there has been a lot of recent debate among WWE talent about a double standard in the Wellness Program. Bourne was suspended on 11/1 after testing positive for synthetic marijuana, which apparently a small group of WWE people were doing during a party. Bourne was the only one of the group suspended for 30 days, while another person, who is part of the main event at Survivor Series, was given the $2500 pot fine. This has led to questions about whether the drug testing procedure is flawed or whether the company treats talent differently depending on their position on the card. For what it’s worth, Bourne wrote on Twitter this past week that he did a “candid and honest”interview with WWE magazine, so perhaps his suspension will play into a future storyline.

Source: The Wrestling Globe Newsletter

Anyone know who was given the $2500 pot fine?
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

WWE Wellness Program double standard? Empty Re: WWE Wellness Program double standard?

Post by Bull Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:55 pm

R-Truth?

Bull

Back to top Go down

WWE Wellness Program double standard? Empty Re: WWE Wellness Program double standard?

Post by Samo Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:56 pm

I'd guess R-Truth. NO! NOT BECAUSE HE'S BLACK! But we know he's a smoker, so It wouldnt surprise me if its him.

Thats assuming Awesome Truth vs Rock+Cena is the main event...

What if its CM Punk? What a swerve! bah gawd!

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:07 pm

Double standards is common in all sports and depending on the seriousness of the offence and the 'status' or 'level' of a sportsman is at, different outcomes happen for same offences more frequently than you would expect. Who would have thought that after Wayne Rooney's behaviour and transfer request that he would have been welcomed back with open arms by ferguson and utd with an "all is forgiven" outcome? But due his status within the club and world football he was, where as a lower status player would have been shown the door without a second thought. Therefore if a big main event player in the wwe was found guilty of the same offence as Bourne it doesn't surprise me that whoever it was was reprimanded differently.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:41 pm

In regards to double standards in the wellness programme, I think there is a few main eventers that have had failures brushed under the carpet because of who they are.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:43 pm

There was a report that a young lad has died from this synthetic marijuana and the Governor of the state is looking to have it issued as a much more dangerous drug than it is.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:06 pm

racists! of course its double standards. cena would only of got a fine even if it was heroin. they wouldnt risk not havin him appear at shows

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:24 pm

Vince isn't shy on double standards, the most commonly known one being HHH being punished for the Curtin Call while HBK got off with it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:25 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Vince isn't shy on double standards, the most commonly known one being HHH being punished for the Curtin Call while HBK got off with it

And Randy Orton's drug test failures/overdose thumbsup

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:27 pm

JamesLincs wrote:racists! of course its double standards. cena would only of got a fine even if it was heroin. they wouldnt risk not havin him appear at shows

Even though I agree that if it was Cena, the WWE would turn a blind eye, I doubt they could if it was heroin. Think about the bad publicity if it ever got out. Cena serving a 30 day suspension and the possible problems with his character afterwards would be far less of a problem than him continuing to be a poster boy of the WWE and then it coming out that he took crack AND the WWE hid it.

It isn't being racist though. It is double standards.

Last edited by xTwisTx on Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:30 pm

na i was only joking about the racist bit lol. and i may have been exaggerating about the heroin part too. but i still think if cena was caught with strong drugs, i still think he'd get away with a fine

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:39 pm

JamesLincs wrote:na i was only joking about the racist bit lol. and i may have been exaggerating about the heroin part too. but i still think if cena was caught with strong drugs, i still think he'd get away with a fine

A hushhush nudge nudge wink wink fine. Surely if it was R-Truth and they cant suspend him because of the big tag match coming up, suspend him after? Have Miz blame Truth for the lose and turn on him. This could write him out for the 30 days. Only problem, you run the risk of Truth returning a face.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:46 pm

Well this is what happens if you run your own 'in house' drug testing policy. Until it is independently commissioned (which will be never) you'll always get such cases

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:07 pm

If Dave Batista never touched a steroid whilst in the WWE then I'll change my name to Jefferson Impact

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:09 am

Mr H wrote:If Dave Batista never touched a steroid whilst in the WWE then I'll change my name to Jefferson Impact

Add Mason Ryan to that list

Lex-Express

Location : I like coffee, vanilla icecream and smokewheel pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down